Search:

SIYE Time:13:07 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


American Exchange
By erica_t_johnson

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:All, All
Genres: Action/Adventure, Comedy, Fluff, General, Humor, Songfic, Tragedy
Warnings: Death
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 1
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2005 ***

Harry goes back to Hogwarts for his sixth year. While there, he discovers new magic, hidden feelings, uncovers spies and makes new friends from the other side of the world.
Hitcount: Story Total: 2842







ChapterPrinter


American Exchanges





“Excuse me, every one, every one.” Dumbledore cleared his throat. Harry Potter looked up from his empty plate. His stomach grumbled, “Now that I have your attention, I would like to announce, that tomorrow, we will be lucky to host some exchange students from America for a year. They will be sorted into the four houses tomorrow after the welcoming feast.

“These students are more advanced shall we say than some of you. While they are here, they will study in the year that they would be in if they had chosen to attend Hogwarts. There fore, I ask you to accept them as equals, even if their ways of magic are a bit different than ours. Thank you.” Dumbledore sat back down.

Food filled the gold plates.

Grabbing some turkey, Ron said, “American exchange students. Do you think we’ll have any nice ones?”

“I’m sure we will, Ron.” Hermione smiled.

“Good. Hope they’re decent looking too.” Ginny said.

“Ginny!” Hermione chastised, but grinned as she whispered, “I hope so, too.”

Harry smiled. It was good to have every thing back to normal.

------------------------------- -----

The next evening, the students of Hogwarts gathered out side of the entrance way, watching the lake and the sky. Many of the students had dressed up a bit for the occasion, including Hermione.

Ron cranned his neck above the throng. “How long is this gonna take? I’m hungry.”

Hermione rolled her eyes. “Honestly Ron, you can be such a pig.”

Ginny and Harry had to stiffle giggles behind their backs.

“Sorry, ‘Mione.” he grinned impishly.

“Look!” some one shouted.

The school carriages were pulling into the drive.

“That seems kind of boring.” Harry heard Seamus mutter.

The door open and out flew forty or so bags. A leg came out. Harry noticed it was long and thin. The ankle was very sexy and it was adorned with small, silver anklet. Next was the hand, it was thin and had for rings on it’s fingers. She stepped out.

Her think, long brown hair that cascaded down her back. Large blue eyes covered most of her face. There was a thin nose that curled up ever so slightly at the tip and it led to full, red lips.

Hermione elbowed Harry. “Stop starring.” she hissed.

He blinked. Maybe she would talk to him, since he was famous and all.

“Sara! Wait up!” a girl with short black hair called after her.

She wore glasses, similar to Harry’s, but her’s hid vibrant gray eyes. She was dressed in a short, aqua skirt and a tight, white t-shirt. It took Harry a second to see that that was what all of the girls were wearing.

Forty students ruffly had come for a year, each with ten bags of luggage. Ruffly. The girl, Sara,was her name, was hanging back with four other girls and two boys. Most of the Americans were shuffling in, not at all pleased at being selected for the exhange trip.

“Should we wait for them?” Ginny asked when they started walking towards them.

“I think they’re coming.” Hermione answered.

Harry smiled, inwardly. Maybe they could walk with the new students. But Hermione and Ginny started to turn back. Harry shrugged and made to follow just as Ron did.

“Hey! Wait!”

The four whipped around. “Us?” Ginny said in amazement.

“Yes, you. Do you mind if we walk with you?”

“I don’t see why not.” Ron shrugged his shoulders.

“Thanks. My names Brak, by the way. And this is my girlfriend Sara, her twin brother, Logan, and Maddie, Joan, Tanmeisha and L.”

“L?” Hermione asked.

“Louistal.” L said. “I go by L.”

“Good choice.” Ron said.

“Ron!” Hermione scolded.

“Come on, you’re suppossed to be getting sorted.” Ginny ran to the Great Hall, the Americans easily keeping up her pace, even in the heels.

They were some of the last ones in but, they managed to catch up with the stragglers. Harry and the others made their way to the Griffyndor table. The Americans went to the back of the pack who stood infront of the steps.

McGonagall unrolled a peice of parchment. “Harriett Abalaster.” A short girl stepped up, quivering.

“Ravenclaw!” the hat shouted.

“Samuel Bofuee.”

“Gryffindor!”

“Sara Bofuee.” McGonagall read.

“GRIFFYNDOR!” the hat shouted louder than Harry had ever heard it.

Sara quietly followed her twin across the hall.

“Louistal Gumd!”

“Hufflepuff!”

“Mary Johnson!”

“Slytherin.”

“Brak Mims.”

“Griffyndor.”

“Joan Lewis!”

“Gryffindor.”

AFter all of the other American’s had been sorted, none others in Griffyndor, Dumbledore stood up, “Thank you, American exchange students. All of us at Hogwarts are glad to have you here. You will continue taking the classes here that you were taking at Baeskette. I urge to not clump together with those from your own countries. Make new friends as this is what it is alll about. Tuck in!” he sat down and all of the American students stood up and clapped.

“What?” Brak said to Seamus after he sat down.

Seeing the meanacing look Brak was giving him, Seamus stuttered, “N...nothing.”

“That’s what I thought.” Brak said. “Sara, pass the potatoes.”

“Here you go, luv.” Sara kissed his cheek.

“Thanks, luv.” Brak grinned sheepishly.

Leaning over to Hermione, Joan whispered, “They started dating two weeks ago.”

Hermione surpressed a giggle. That Sara girl was head over heals for Brak.

“So, Sara,” GInny asked, “How did you all get here?”

“We apparated to the station and got on to the carriages.” Sara answered. “Ow! Oh, I mean, we flew in on a muggle plain and took the Hogwarts Express.”

“Okay.” Ginny didn’t seem satisfied by the answer but it was all she got out of Sara.

“So, what classes do you have?” Harry asked.

“Transfiguration and Trans-senior, DADA, DADA Senior, Herbology, Potions, Potions Senior, Divination, Arithmacy, and Ancient Runes.” Sara smiled. “We all do. What about you?”

“I do not take Divination!” Brak protested.

“Oh, that’s right. He’s taking muggle Studies because he knows he can easily ace the class. But what about you?’

“Trans, DADA, Potions, Hebology, and a couple of new classes.” Ron answered.

“I’m taking all of the regulars. Still have a year before I can choose.” Ginny sighed.

OWLS.” Joan said, “I’ll tell you a hint with studying. DON’T. I didn’t and I got fifteen out of sixteen.”

“Fifteen!” Hermoine choked.

“You all right?” Sam asked.

“Yeah, but fifteen! How did you manage with out studying?”

“Well, the fact that she’s a bloody genius helped her a bit and her dad’s Minister of Magix over in the States.” Brak implied.

“Oh.” Hermione sighed.

“Well, you got thirteen out of sixteen and you are NOT a genius.” Joan shot back.

“And he didn’t study.” Sara smiled.

“Hey, I can’t help it if I am a people person.” Brak protested.

Sam snorted, “If you’re a people person then I’m the next Dark Lord.”

“No, I am the next Dark Lord.” Sara joked, “Lord knows there hasn’t been a decent one in decades.”

“What about Voldemort?” Ginny asked.

Harry expected the Americans to freeze at the sound of his name.

Sara shrugged, “What about him?”

“Doesn’t he scare you?” Ron protested.

“Not really. His Death Eaters attacked the school last year and we had no problem beating them back. It was kinda fun.”

“Brak!” Sara elbowed him, “Think of what you just said. You do know who is sitting across from you, don’t you?”

“Yeah, Harry Potter. So what?”

Sara whispered something in his ear, and Brak blushed. “Oh, sorry mate.”

“It’s okay.” Harry answered.

“What’s Trans=senior?” Ron asked, breaking the ice.

“Advanced classes normally reserved for colleges.” Sam answered.

“There’s wizard colleges?” Harry asked.

“None in England or on the continent. But there is one in America.” Hermione answered.

“Cool, so you’re taking college classes. PLay any sports?” Ronn continued.

“Well, Sara, Brak and Sam were on the quidditch teams before we left. But they’re spots have probably been replaced.” Joan offered.

“Seeker, beater, and chaser.” Sam answered Ron’s next question before he could even ask it.

“How did you that?” Hermione asked.

“Sam’s a seer.” Sara smiled proudly at her brother.

“We had to use a silencing charm before the game so he couldn’t tell people who would win.” Brak teased.

Sam shrugged his shoulders in response.

A few minutes later, Dumbledore announced the end of dinner. “Prefects, please show the new students to their temporary home-away-from-home-away-from-home.” ;

“This way.” Hermione told Joan. The others followed her.

“Password’s American Express, what ever that is.” Hermione rolled her eyes.

“American Express,” Sara said, fishing a plastic card out of her purse, “is a credit card. A muggle way to use money.”

“Don’t let Dad see that, then.” Ginny prompted.

“Arthur Weasley, employee of the Ministry of Magic, London Branch, father of the Weasleys and obsessed with Muggle aritfacts.” Joan said.
“How did you know all of that>” Ron inquired.

“Joan researches a lot.” Sara shot a warning glance at Joan that Hermione noticed.

“We’re having practice tonight, right?” Sam suddenly asked.

“I don’t see why not. Take the new bee’s?” Sara asked.

“Sure.” Brak answered.

“You all wanna come to practice?” Sara asked.

“Practice?”

“Meet us tonight in the Common Room.” Sam said.

“How do you know that we have a Common Room?”

“Dumstrange and Beauxbatons do.” he answered.

“Oh. So, tonight at ten? It’s a deal.” Hermione blushed.

“Great.” Brak smiled.

“Now, if you three don’t mind err... if you seven don’t mind I’m going to bed before any of you come up with a nother clever idea to get us all killed, or worse, expelled.” Joan walked up to the dormitory Hermione pointed to her.

“Hey! You jumped off the roof too!” Sara shot back then broke out in laughter.

“I said that during first year!” Hermione’s eyes went wide.

“She’s been saying that ever since third year when we jumped out one of the tenth story windows.” Sam explained.

“She made us put mattresses and cushioning charms down before we did it, though.” Brak made it sound like he regretted it.

“I’ve got Divination home work to make up.” Sara side.

“But you haven’t been to classes yet.” Harry said.

“Yeah, well, my outside teacher wants this done by tommorrow. See you at ten.” she smiled and went up after Joan.

“Make up something good, for once!” Sam shouted after his twin. Turning to the others, he said, “She’s no more a seerer than she is a Death Eater.”

“I heard that!!” Sara shouted.

------------------------------ ------------

Two hours later, the clock chimmed ten. Harry, Ron, Ginny, and the scowling Hermione were waiting in the Common Room. Soon, Brak and Sam joined them. Joan was next. Finally Sara came down the stairs.

“Sorry, it took me forever to find it.” she appologised.

“Find what?” Giiny asked, her curiousity getting the better of her.

Sara held up a medalion. “How else do you think we get around school playing pranks yet staying perfectly visible to Durst?”

“A time-turner.” Hermione asked.

“It also explains how you take muggle and wizarding schools.” Joan said.

“JOAN!” Sara and Sam yelled.

“Oh, sorry.” Joan whispered.

“Well, are you ready to go?” Brak asked.

“Sure.” Harry answered.

“Okay then, let’s go.” Sam lead them across the room and out the portrait whole with out a glance backwards.

Before following her friends, Sara said, “Before tonight’s over, you’re gonna wish you wore black.” She vansihed with her friends.


The room of requirement was dark. It had been all summer. Yet today, something was different. It could feel the change in the air as new witches and wizards entered Hogwarts. It could feel the presence of powerful magic and it was getting close.





Reviews 1
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear