Search:

SIYE Time:19:21 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Look Like a Muggle, Act Like a Muggle
By neecerstarnishedhalo

- Text Size +

Category: Muggle Picnic Challenge (2005-2)
Characters:None
Genres: Angst, Comedy, Fluff
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 18
Summary: Harry and Ginny have never been to a picnic before and find that spending time together can be quite enjoyable. The sexual situations is for mild snogging, and there is mild swearing also
Hitcount: Story Total: 4207







ChapterPrinter


Ginny was slowly walking down the hall, loaded with books and a full backpack. Thinking of all the work she needed to do, she bumped into someone and her books fell from her hands. “Bloody hell” she grumbled. A deep rumble got her attention and she looked up and straight into Harry’s emerald green eyes.

“Such language Miss Weasley! I think you’ve been around Ron too long.” Harry said as he bent to help her pick up her books. Seeing the pile stack up as they worked together, Harry smirked. “What did you Gin? Check out the whole library?” She glared at him. “This is all Hermione’s fault. And if I hear her say “revision” one more time, I swear, I’ll hex her into next week!”

She frowned as she started to pick up the pile. “Let me help you Gin. You shouldn’t have to carry all those and your pack too.” Ginny gave Harry a grateful smile. “Thanks Potter, you’re a life saver!”

They started to walk towards Gryffindor tower as they heard a snide voice behind them. “Well, well, well, if it isn’t Potty and little Weasel. Her complex at it again Potty?” Smirked Draco. “Shove off Malfoy” Glared Harry, “This is none of your concern.

Ginny turned around and said, “Yeah Malfoy, irritating gits like you need to mind their own business, specially when they don’t have their goons to protect them.” Draco’s eyes hardened as he looked down his nose at her. “I don’t need any protection from a muggle lover like yourself. And just where is that mudblood loving brother to back you up?”

At that comment, Harry dropped the books grabbed Draco, slamming him hard against the wall. “Take it back Malfoy before I have to do something to that pretty little face of yours.” Harry growled. Ginny placed her hand on his arm, “he’s not worth detention Harry.” Draco sneered at Harry. “Yeah, listen to your Weasel girlfriend, Potty” he said as he yanked himself out of Harry’s grasp and straightened his robes.

He glared at Harry and whispered, “You’ll get your own Potter, soon the Dark Lord will show everyone how great he is, and I will be there to watch him destroy you.” Before Draco could turn away, Ginny had her wand drawn and pointed in Draco’s face. “I suggest you sod off now Malfoy before you have bat bogeys on your face again. Or did you forget about that?” Draco visibly paled before he turned away. “This isn’t over” he sneered as he stalked down the hall.

Harry turned to Ginny and looked at her before he bent down to pick up her books again. “You really need to show me that curse, Gin. I would love to see the look on Malfoy’s face when it comes from me and not you. Ginny grinned at him and said, “Not on your life Potter. That’s my secret weapon. Plus the threat of that is the only thing that keeps the twins in line!”

Harry laughed as they entered the common room. “That I believe. Lets drop these tomes in here and dead down for dinner!” Ginny giggled. “You’re as bad as Ron. All you think about is your stomach.” Harry gave Ginny a wounded look as he dropped her books on the nearest table. “Well I just carried your books all the way up here, what do you expect?” Ginny rolled her eyes and muttered “boys and their stomachs” as she set her bag on the chair. Harry linked his arm with hers and said, “You don’t want me wasting away to nothing do you?” Ginny smirked and said, “We can’t have that now!” They walked down to the great hall, chatting about their different classes and homework that’s been assigned since they got back from the Easter holiday.

The walked into the Great Hall and Hermione flagged them over. “You two are late! Professor Dumbledore is about to make a big announcement!” she whispered. Ginny and Harry quickly sat down as Dumbledore stood and cleared his throat. “ Before we start on another delicious meal, I would like to make an announcement. After having a long talk with Miss Hermione Granger, it has been decided that this weekend we will have a muggle style picnic. We will have a BBQ, play muggle style games and have a chance to enjoy the beautiful spring weather before the start of final exams. There are two requirements for this picnic. You must dress like muggles and no magic will be allowed. All set up, games, cooking and such will all be done like a muggle. That will be all. Tuck in.”

With that, Dumbledore sat down and the tables filled with food. Ron started filling his plate as he said, “What’s a picnac?” Hermione rolled her eyes and said “It’s pronounced pick-nick Ron. Honestly, weren’t you listening to a word that Professor Dumbledore said?” Ron’s ears turned red as he started to sputter. Sensing a row starting, Harry leaned over to Ginny and said loud enough for Ron and Hermione to hear “I’ve never been to a picnic, care to go with me to this?” Ginny grinned as she filled her own plate. “Sure Harry, I haven’t been to one either, but it sounds like fun to me!” Think the late will be warm enough o go swimming?”

Hermione broke in, “ It should be, and that’s one of the things I have planned. I also thought about flying kites, horseshoes, and a sack race.” Harry looked at her and said, “ Who’s going to cook the food?” Ron piped in, “I’ll do it, I’ve watched Dad cook on his grail before”.

Ginny shudder as she sipped her pumpkin juice. “ It’s grill Ron, and I remember that. We would’ve had better luck eating your trainers than what Dad cooked.” Harry laughed while Hermione looked horrified. “Are you sure you can handle it Ron?” She asked. Ron rolled his eyes and patted her hand. “It’ll be ok ‘Mione, how difficult can it be?”

At that moment Dean Thomas sat down by Ron. “It’s not that hard Ron. I help my Dad cook on the grill all the time during the summer holidays. Hey Hermione, if you like, I’ll set up the horseshoe pits. My dad has one in the yard, and you can’t have a picnic without them!” Hermione beamed. That would be wonderful Dean, thanks a lot!” “No prolbme Hermione, if you need anything else, just ask. I bet the Creevey brothers can give you some ideas also.” With that, he nodded at Ginny and glared at Harry as he left the table.

“What did I do now?” Harry muttered. Ginny took his hand “You stole his girlfriend Harry. Even though I broke up with him when I caught him and Parvati snogging in the common room when he was suppose to be meeting me in the Astronomy tower.” Harry grinned, “Oh yeah, that. Well, his loss and definitely my gain.” He put his arm around her and pulled her close.

Ron groaned. “Oi Potter! I’m eating here!” Hermione glared. “Ronald Weasley, you don’t have a romantic bone in your body!” and she stormed out of the hall. Ron looked confused. “What did I do now? ‘Mione wait up!” he said as he grabbed a couple of rolls and followed her out.

Harry and Ginny walked out of the hall at a slower pace, not wanting to be caught up in another row with the two of them. As the entered the common room, Ginny sighed. “I better gets started on my work or I’ll never be ready for my O.W.L.’s next month. Harry followed her to the table where he put her books. “Let me grab my bag and sit with you. Professor McGonagall assigned a 2-foot essay today. Man, you would think the N.E.W.T’s are this year not next!” Harry ran up and grabbed his bag. He plopped down in a chair next to her and they worked in a comfortable silence the rest of the evening.

******

Soon Saturday arrived and Harry met Ginny in the common room. Harry’s jaw dropped when he saw her outfit. “You can’t go out like that Ginny!” She looked at him and smiled. “What’s wrong with what I’m wearing Harry?” “You forgot your shirt and your shorts are too short!” Ginny laughed. It’s called a swimsuit top Harry. I finally talked mom into letting me get a two piece. It’s not the bikini I wanted, but it’s better than the one that wouldn’t stay on when I dove into the pond. It finally took Mom looking out the window as I dove in and left my suit on the surface of the water for her to realize it just didn’t fit anymore. And there is nothing wrong with my shorts. This is what all the muggle teens are wearing right now.”

Harry let his eyes follow down Ginny’s long legs and gulped. He picked up his towel and shook his head. “Let’s head down, the picnic should be in full swing by now.” Ginny grabbed his hand as they headed out the door for the grounds.

By time they got down there, the picnic was in full motion. Dean had set up the horseshoes and was showing Parvati how she was suppose to throw them. As they watched, she barely missed hitting Cho who was standing with Roger Davies on the other side of the pits.

Ron was busily trying to light the grill and Harry noticed that he was using the entire bottle of lighter fluid. “Ron!” he shouted, “I don’t think you need that much!” Ron just waved and continued with the fluid. Ginny snickered, ”That’s going to make a mess.” They spread their towels out and stripped out of their clothes preparing for a well-needed swim.

Ginny spied Draco as he was preparing to dive in off a rock. “Quidditch playing has really done him some good.” She muttered. Harry looked at her like she had lobsters coming out of her ears. She reached up and kissed his cheek,” I’m only joking Harry. But he seriously needs a tan. He’s so white I need my sunglasses.”

Colin ran up to them. “Harry and Ginny! I had mom send me some muggle film for today! I thought it would be best if I took muggle pictures for a muggle picnic instead of magic ones. Can I take your picture?” Harry grinned. “Sure Colin, no problem, you can take a picture of this!” He quickly scooped up Ginny, carried her over to the edge of the lake and tossed her in. As she surfaced, she screamed, “your going to pay for that Potter!” Pulling the hair out of her eyes she splashed at him, soaking one side. “Colin started laughing. “I got it Harry! As soon as I get these back from mom, I’ll make sure you get a copy of them.”

Harry just looked, “I thought you developed the pictured yourself Colin.” “I can’t develop non magical film, I mess it up all the time. I’ll chat with you later! I want to get a couple shots of Ron actually cooking!” Harry turned to look at Ron just as he was lighting the match. “No Ron! Wait a couple of minutes” Hermione shouted. KABOOM! A big cloud of smoke arose from the grill. Ron coughed and fanned his hand in front of his face. He turned and looked at Harry, his face black with soot. “I guess I used a little much huh?”

Harry laughed and turned to look for Ginny. When he didn’t see her on the surface of the water he started to get concerned. As he was getting ready to call her name, he felt a push from behind, lost his balance and fell face first into the lake. He came up sputtering and look straight at Ginny laughing. “Did you get that one Colin?” Ginny called. “Got it Ginny” Colin laughed.

Harry splashed Ginny, which started an all out splash war. Harry stopped splashing when he caught the sight of something he hoped he would never see. Professor McGonagall had her hair under a swim cap, and the brightest flower colored bathing suit he had ever seen. Ginny looked at the horrified look on his face and turned around. He nudged Ginny and whispered, “I’d love to see Snape in an outfit like that, wouldn’t you?” Ginny just giggled and slapped his arm as they climbed out of the water. “You’re bad Harry, just plain awful.”

Harry grinned at her. They toweled off and headed for the sack races. Dennis Creevey handed them each a sack and they waited their turn. He explained the rules for the sack race and wished them good luck. Harry looked sideways at Ginny and thought, “I’d love to get into a sack with her”. Ginny blushed and nudged him. “Harry, these are only made for one person.” Harry looked horrified as he realized he said that out loud. To cover up his blunder he challenged Ginny. “I bet you ten galleons that I can beat you.” Ginny grinned. “Let’s make that a more interesting wager Potter. The loser has to eat Ron’s cooking first!” Harry laughed, “You’re on Weasley, oh and have I ever told you I hate to loose?” Ginny climbed in her sack and said, “so do I Potter, so do I”.

They readied themselves for the start of the race as Dennis yelled, “GO!” Ginny and Harry took off hopping down the field, purposely bumping into each other as they went. They were neck and neck as they neared the finish line. All of a sudden they were both shoved aside as Hermione jumped in-between them and crossed the line first. Harry and Ginny landed in a heap of arms and sacks. Laughing at the turn out of the race, Harry helped Ginny up and snickered, “Well, I guess that means we both have to eat.” Ginny laughed as she climbed out and handed her sack to Harry. “You take care of these and get our food. I’ll get our drinks and find us a blanket in the shade.”

Harry made his way over to the grill. He passed Seamus and Lavender as he did. He stopped and looked at the two of them. “What are you wearing?” he asked. Lavender laughed and said, “This was Seamus’ idea of best dressed muggle couple. He decided we needed to go as rock stars”. They were wearing torn jeans, boots, and ripped tee-shirts. Seamus had his hair spiked, while Lavender had hers teased up with lots of spray and heavy make-up on. “ I even have a tattoo,” Seamus said as he rolled up his sleeve. Harry looked as the skull and cross bones. “Did it hurt?” Lavender laughed. “No silly, it’s not real. I found a glamour charm and it works great!” She should him her butterfly tattoo on her stomach.

Harry shook his head as he walked over to the food tables, bypassing Ron at the now flaming grill. He laughed as Hermione grabbed a bucket, scooped up water from the lake and rushed over to Ron. He made them plates with a variety of muggle prepared foods on them. He sat down next to Ginny on the blanket and handed her the plate.

“What’s this” Ginny asked as she pointed to her corn. “That’s corn on the cob, that’s potato salad, chips, and a hotdog on a bun. The burgers looked like they were charbroiled.” Ginny smiled, “Thanks Harry”, and they sat and ate in a comfortable silence.

After disposing their plates and cups in the bin, they made their way to the kite flying area. Luna and Neville were running that. “Hey Harry!” Neville called as he waved. Luna handed Ginny a kite and said in her dreamy voice “I saved this one just for you Ginny”. Ginny looked at the kite and saw that it was a brightly colored phoenix and it looked very much like Fawkes, Dumbledore's phoenix. “That’s just beautiful Luna, Thanks!”

She started walking over to the trees. Harry steered her the other direction and said, “I bet anything those are kite eating trees”. At Ginny’s puzzled look, he said “It’s from a muggle cartoon called Charlie Brown”. She just shook her head.

Harry held the kite as Ginny unwound the string and started to back up. When enough string was let out, he called to Ginny, “Now, when I let go, I want you to put on the string and get the kite in the air. Ready? Now!” Harry called as he let go of the kite.

The kite took off in the air and soared over head. Harry walked over to Ginny and stood behind her and started singing “Let’s go fly a kite… Up where the ….. “ He noticed people looking at him and blushed. Ginny turned and looked at him. “Let me guess, another muggle thing?” Harry grinned. “Yes actually, it’s from a muggle movie.” A strong gust of wind came up and Ginny lurched forward. Harry put one are around her waist and reached out with the other to help her with the line. Ginny leaned back against Harry and smile. They stayed like that for a long time, just watching the kite soar with the wind, and just enjoying the silence between them.

As the sun was starting to set, and the clean up was finished, the foursome were able to finally sit and relax. Ron groaned as he laid back. “That’s what you get for winning the pie eating contest Ron.” Hermione said as she laughed. Ginny grinned. “He really ate all that? Oh, wait, this is my brother we’re talking about.” Harry laughed at the glare Ron gave Ginny.

“ I can’t believe Seamus and Lavender got the best dressed couple award! Lavender didn’t look happy when she found out there was no way to remove that tattoo and it was going to have to wear off.” Ron laughed, “Yeah, but Seamus thinks his looks cool so he doesn’t mind one bit! You know what I didn’t get to try today? The futon.” Hermione sighed, “It’s fondue Ron.” “Futon, fondue, what’s the difference?” Harry and Ginny both started laughing at that comment.

As the sun dropped below the trees of the forbidden forest, Harry pulled Ginny closer to him. She looked up at him and smile. He softly touched her cheek as he lowered her face closer to hers. He stopped about 2 inches from her mouth and looked her in the eyes to see if this was really what she wanted. She whispered to him, “Just do it, you’re not going to hurt me Harry”. He smiled shyly at her and whispered back, “I don’t have much luck kissing girls. The last one cried all over me.” Ginny reached up and slipped her fingers into his hair and pulled him into a soft kiss.

Harry started to respond to her and she pulled away. “ I’m not going to cry on you for kissing me Harry, but I might if you don’t do that again”. Harry grinned at her and pulled her on his lap. Wrapping his arms around her waist and leaned into another kiss. Ron growled “Oi Potter! That’s my baby sister you’re snogging there!” Ginny glared at him “Sod off Ron” she growled and returned to kissing Harry. Hermione turned to Ron and climbed into his lap. " I think I can help you forget they are even there” as she leaned down to kiss him senseless.

There heard a soft chuckle behind them and both of the couples broke apart. They turned and found Professor Dumbledore standing there. “Miss Granger, I would like to thank you for a wonderful idea and a chance to forget about the war for an afternoon. Even though there is a war going on, we still must remember to take the time to have fun. Now, if the four of you will accompany me back into the castle for the evening. It’s getting late.”

The four of them stood up and the boys folded the blanket. They followed Professor Dumbledore back into the castle with smiles on their faces. Harry decided this was the best picnic ever.

*******
This is my first fic submitted... ever. Please review and let me know what you think! Thanks, ~Neecer
Reviews 18
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear