Search:

SIYE Time:8:01 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the Power of the Garuda
By YelloWitchGrl

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Action/Adventure, Comedy, Fluff, Humor, Tragedy, Drama
Warnings: Death, Sexual Situations, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 301
Summary: Harry seventh year has not turned out as he expected! Will he find the power that he needs to defeat Voldemort? What does his love life have to do with it? What is Garuda?
Hitcount: Story Total: 170181; Chapter Total: 6482







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


A/N: WARNING! This chapter contains mild amounts of violence that might be offensive. You can skip the first two paragraphs and not miss much.


Harry heard a soft voice in his head. He knew that something was wrong but could not place exactly what was wrong. He heard a harsh voice that sounded familiar say ‘Potter won’t want you after this. Not that I can see why he wants you now. You are so skinny and ugly. Take the potion … good. Now take off your clothes. Damn… how did I end up doing you? You don’t even have any breasts worth looking at.’ Harry heard the last part and his brain seemed kick-start and began to function properly again. He had been stunned, that much he knew from the red light that had hit him. He struggled to open his eyes and when he finally did he found himself staring at the ceiling of the Room of Requirements. He tried to move but found that his arms and legs were bound with cords. He needed OUT OF THE ROPES! He tried to move again and found that the ropes were no longer there. He looked around cautiously and saw that Ginny was unbuttoning her shirt; her school jumper was already on the ground along with her robes. The look in her eyes was unfocused as she complied with what the masked man was telling her. Harry felt in his robes for his wand, trying not to move too much or draw attention to himself, but could not find it. He looked back over at Ginny to see that she had dropped her shirt and was only in a white bra and her skirt. She had to be under the Imperius Curse… she would not comply otherwise. He saw her reach for the hooks on her bra. “GINNY! SNAP OUT OF IT!” He yelled at her.

Ginny stopped what she was doing and blinked her eyes. Harry jumped up to run at the Death Eater. He didn’t have another option and he could not let her get hurt. The Death Eater saw him coming and shot a stunner at him but he ducked and rolled away from the spell. He was about to get up again to dodge and try and get closer when he saw Ginny kick her foot out in a perfect roundhouse kick. The masked man flew back several feet and to Harry’s immense relief he dropped his wand. Ginny grabbed and stunned the guy.

Harry looked at her he and she slowly turned to look at him. He saw the terror in her eyes, yes but he also saw the triumph. He reached her in three long steps and he pulled her into his arms, rubbing her bare back. She let out a shuddering breath. “I tried to fight it Harry. I didn’t want to take my clothes off and he kept saying horrible things to me but I just couldn’t. It was almost like it was a dream and then I heard your voice and my head cleared.” She looked up and him and gave him a small smile. “Then… then I kicked his ass!”

Harry laughed despite himself. He was still shaking at the close call they had had. He was supposed to be protecting her and he’d failed… but he had also taught her to protect herself and she had done really well. “I’m really proud of you. That was a great kick. You don’t need your Bat-Bogey Hex anymore.”

She was silent for a long moment. “I know I’m going to be really upset about this later but right now I think I just want to get out of here.”

Harry nodded. “I think you should go to the hospital wing and let Madam Pomfrey check you out. We don’t know exactly what he made you drink. I’ll take him up to Dumbledore and tell him what happened.” Harry pulled her tighter. “I’ll turn around so you can get your shirt back on.” He felt her nod and he let go of her and moved over to the Death Eater. The mask was somewhat askew as Harry knelt down to pull it off. The face of Blaise Zabini was revealed. Harry heard Ginny gasp and knew why. Blaise had never been exactly friendly but neither had they suspected him of being a Death Eater… just an unlucky soul caught in Slytherin. Anger boiled up in Harry. He just could not understand how someone could want to rape a woman. The urge to hurt this bastard in front of him was so strong that for a moment he thought he would. Then he felt Ginny’s hand on his shoulder.

Harry looked up at her and knew that he had to remain calm for her. She had been through enough and she didn’t need to deal with his temper. She spoke then, barely above a whisper. “Let’s go. I want out of here.” Harry bound Zabini and levitated him out of the room. Ginny walked beside Harry in silence. She walked into the hospital wing without saying a word to him and he continued up to the Headmaster’s office. When he reached the gargoyle he said the password ‘Starbursts’ but the gargoyle did not move.

“NOT again!” Harry fumed. Why couldn’t the old coot keep the password the same? Harry was already in a foul enough mood and this was not helping. He stared at the ugly statue for several moments. “I suppose I could just blast you to bits. I’m angry enough that trying to destroy you would be great fun right now.” He waited for a sign of movement. When none came, he continued to talk to it. “No? All right!” Harry got ready to curse the gargoyle when it sprung to life and moved aside. Harry looked for someone to be coming down but no one was there. He grabbed Zabini’s limp body by one of the ropes and dragged him bodily up the stairs. He knew that the prick would wake up with bruises all over his body and Harry found that he did not care at that point. He wasn’t sure he would ever care about this scum’s fate. He walked in and saw the Headmaster look up at him in surprise. I have one stunned rapist. He stunned me then put the Imperius on Ginny and I woke up, spoke to her and she came out of the curse. She kicked him, knocking his wand out of his hand and she stunned him and I have brought him to you. If he is not out of this school and in Azkaban by the end of the day I will find him and hurt him severely. DO I make myself clear?” Harry’s temper was seething and he wanted any excuse to let it go. Then another thought occurred to him. “And what the hell is your new password?”

Dumbledore studied him carefully. “Jolly Rancher. Are you saying that you got up here without the password?”

Harry nodded. “If you don’t need me for anything then I’m going to go back to Ginny. He made her drink a potion so I dropped her off at the hospital wing.”

“I am going to question him with Veritaserum. Do you want to be here for that?” Dumbledore asked quietly. Harry shook his head. He wanted out and he wanted to see how his girl friend was doing. “Very well Harry. You may go. I will call in Auror Scotch and shall begin questioning him. I am hopeful that we can find out who his accomplices are.”

Harry had completely forgotten that the Ministry had assigned a new Auror to Hogwarts. He had never even seen the person. Something else bothered him though. “How do you know there was more than him?” Harry had thought it would be Malfoy under the mask but with the statements that had made two weeks ago… Harry closed his eyes and listened to Dumbledore’s reply.

“I very much doubt that Mr. Zabini could have stunned you and cursed Ms. Weasley. You are virtually impossible to catch off guard and Ms. Weasley is also quite skilled in defending herself. I believe that someone stunned you at the same time Ginny was cursed. But I will find out soon enough. If you want, you may leave.” Harry gave a curt nod and left.

He walked slowly down to the hospital wing trying to calm himself. He had failed to protect Ginny and she had nearly been raped. How could he have been so stupid? He had not been paying attention when they left the Room of Requirement and she had nearly been hurt. The thought of not being with Ginny was not an option so he was just going to have to work harder at his studies. He reached the door to the hospital wing and paused to take a deep breath. He was not calm by any stretch of the imagination but he did feel that he could keep it together for Ginny. He pulled the door open and walked in. He saw Ginny laying on one of the beds with her eyes closed. She was curled up and appeared to be sleeping. Madam Pomfrey came out of her office and held a finger to her lips, indicating he should be quiet.

“He only gave her a conception potion but she started to feel sick so I gave her a mild sedative. She should feel better within an hour. You may stay as long as you are not disturbing her.” She walked back to her office and Harry crept over to Ginny’s side.

She looked so small… she was so precious to him and he could not understand why anyone would want to hurt her. He sat down in a chair next to her bed and just watched her sleep. When she finally woke about an hour later she gazed at him for a long moment before she finally spoke. “I’m not weak because I couldn’t fight off the curse, right?”

Harry shook his head. “No! You were fighting it.” He reassured her. “You couldn’t break it completely but you did fight him… you knew it was wrong and when you did get out of it you fought him and you saved me.”

Ginny had a ghost of a smile on her face. “I guess that makes us even… you saved me in the Chamber and now I’ve saved you, although he probably wouldn’t have killed you. Thanks Harry. I needed to hear that.” She sat up slowly. “Did Madam Pomfrey tell you what happened to me?”

“She said the potion made you sick.” He replied simply.

“The potion is meant to help witches who are having trouble conceiving a baby. You are supposed to take it when you are at your most fertile point in the cycle and it will guarantee that you get pregnant unless you are physically unable.” She shifted around a little. “It seems that because I do not have a fertility problem and I am at my most fertile point right now that it just worked well in making me feel terrible.”

“How do you know it’s your most fertile point right now?” Harry asked.

“It’s two weeks after the start of your period…” She got a far off look before turning angry. “Malfoy.”

“What?” Harry asked confused.

“Malfoy saw us TWO WEEKS AGO! He heard me say I had my period and he said, ‘so the little Weasel has her period, how very interesting and informative.’ He needed to know when I had my period in order to know whn he could give me the potion! They probably didn’t want to take the chance on trying to grab me twice if I did not get pregnant the first time.”

Harry felt his anger bubble to the surface again. She was right, of course. Malfoy had known and he hadn’t done anything more than order them to get to class. He thought about getting up and going to find the little shit and actually found himself half way out of his seat when Ginny’s voice broke through the red haze of anger that had overwhelmed him. “Harry… I don’t ever want to go back to the Room of Requirement again…”

Harry looked down at her and saw that she was gazing fixedly at the floor. “Okay. I’ll get Dumbledore to give us another room for the DA to meet in.”

She looked up hopefully. “Really? You don’t mind?”

“No, I completely understand and I think everyone else will too. Don’t worry about it. Are you ready to head back to the common room?”

Ginny nodded and got up but wobbled a little. Harry steadied her. “Madam Pomfrey?” Harry called.

She came out of her office. “If you are feeling better then you may go but don’t do anything more than rest for the evening. I will send a note to each of your professors excusing you from your classes today and informing them that you may miss tomorrow as well. If you are not feeling completely better by tomorrow evening, have Mr. Potter bring you back.”

Ginny nodded at her instructions and she walked out holding hands with Harry. The walk back to the common room was slow going. Ginny tired easily and they stopped several times so she could sit and rest. “Are you sure you don’t want me to take you back to Madam Pomfrey? This can’t be normal…” Harry said with concern.

“It is… she told me I would feel this way but I really wanted out of there. I just… I don’t…” She stopped. Harry sat down next to her and pulled her into his lap. She froze.

“Are you okay love?” Harry was concerned. She had avoided him several times today after Zabini attacked them and now she couldn’t relax with him. “You don’t think I’m going to hurt you right?”

Ginny’s head shot up. “NO! Harry I don’t think that, I promise, but I’m feeling a little weird about all this and… I just want it to go away and forget it ever happened and now I’m going to have to go back to the common room and face everyone and everyone will know and…” She let a tear fall. Harry had expected her to cry before this but she hadn’t. “I’m worried that people will think I deserved it.”

Harry was horrified. “How could you possibly have deserved this?”

Another tear trickled down her face. “I just keep thinking that I’m so happy with you and I don’t deserve that.”

“You have that the wrong way round, you know. I’m the one who doesn’t deserve you.”

Ginny shook her head but did not answer.

“Are you ready to move again?” Harry asked and when she nodded he stood up with her in his arms.

“Harry, please… you can’t carry me.”

“Why not?” Harry asked. He was already moving down the hall.

“I’m too heavy for this.” Her reply was faint as she looped her arms around his neck and put her head on his shoulder.

“You have got to be joking… you do know how skinny you are, right?”

She didn’t reply only let out a sob. Harry carried her easily back to the common room. When he got there the Fat Lady tried to question him about Ginny but he ignored her questions and spoke the password. “Muggles Rule and Slytherin’s Drool.” She opened with a huff and he climbed in. Ginny’s arms had gone lax at some point so he assumed she was asleep. He still was not winded from carrying her and that surprised him but he put it down to all the push-ups he did every morning. He debated on taking her up the stairs but decided that he didn’t want to risk them collapsing on them. He set her gently on the couch and conjured a quilt to put over her. He ran up to his dorm and grabbed a few books and went back down to wait for her to wake.

After classes ended for the day the rest of the house tromped in and out dropping off books and heading out for dinner. Somehow everyone knew what had happened but all they did was quietly ask Harry if she was doing okay. Harry just nodded. She was still asleep when Ron and Hermione finally came in. They both looked angry and upset. They sat across from Harry and the sleeping Ginny.

“We heard and we went to talk to Dumbledore. Zabini admitted everything and also spilled the names of the others who have been helping including the one who raped Susan.”

“Let me guess,” Harry said sardonically, “Draco Malfoy was one of them.”

“Not only that mate but he’s the one who stunned you today and he’s the one who raped Susan! There were six of them in all.” Ron finished. He looked ready to hit someone. “I can’t believe this happened to her!” He looked over at Ginny’s sleeping form and his face softened.

Harry looked down. He felt the guilt of everything come crashing down on him. “I’m sorry mate… you trusted me to look after her and I didn’t.”

“Harry, I don’t blame you! You weren’t the one who was going to hurt her and besides you saved her in the end.” Ron said as if that settled the matter.

“Actually she’s the one who saved me. When she came out of the Imperius Curse and kicked him straight in the gut then grabbed his wand and stunned him.”

Ron looked impressed. “Wow… and I thought she was only good at hexing people. I’m glad the karate did some good.”

Ginny stirred then. She looked at them and tried to sit up but fell back down. She looked over at Harry and he moved to help her up. “I think I want to go up to my bed and sleep some more. Can you guys bring some food for me?” They agreed and Hermione helped her up the stairs.

After dinner Ginny came back down the stairs and lay down with Harry. She nibbled on the food that they brought her but she didn’t eat much. When Hermione decided to turn in she offered to take Ginny back upstairs but she said no. The common room was unusually empty for it being so early.

“Harry… I need to ask you something. It has been bothering me a little bit before but most of the time I can just ignore it but today after all the things that he said I just have to talk to you about it.”

“You can ask me and tell me anything.” Harry was a little nervous. He hoped nothing was too wrong.

She moved away from him a little so that she could look at him properly. “Do you think I’m too skinny?”

“What?” Harry almost laughed with relief but remembering what had happened with Cho his fifth year helped him hold it in. “No, I do not think you are too skinny. Why do you ask?”

“Its not just that… the mirror insulted me again. It told me no one was going to want me if I didn’t at least try to make myself pretty.”

“I’m going to break that mirror.” Harry said savagely.

“I’m not even that mad about the mirror but it has been one thing on top of another recently and it was just the final straw.” She twisted her hands nervously. “If I had heard from one person that I was ugly then I could have ignored it but I’ve heard it several times and so many girls have said that you deserve someone better than me. Someone who is at least pretty.” Harry opened his mouth to protest but she held up a hand so he shut it again. “Let me finish. I need to get this off my chest.” He nodded, understanding that all of this was bothering her a lot. “That is the reason that I don’t think I deserve you. So many people keep telling me that I don’t but you make me happy and I love you so I can’t just break up with you. I want to marry you and grow old with you and kill bad guys with you and have babies with you. So I have ignored them and for the most part I’ve done well at it.” She reached out and took one of his hands. “I know you are in love with me and I think that since you are in love with me that means you probably don’t think that I’m ugly but I’m having a hard time with that right now. Zabini said so many mean things to me and he meant them and I want to ignore him but I can’t.”

“He’s deranged Ginny! You have to ignore him.”

“I know but if I had heard good things too then I’d probably be okay. I once swore to myself that I wouldn’t ever ask you this but I think that this might drive me mad so I have to swallow my pride and ask. You don’t think I’m ugly right?” He opened his mouth in shock. This one took first prize for the strangest things that has ever come out of her mouth. He meant to say something but could not even begin to form a suitable response and when he didn’t answer she went on. “Right. Okay I just thought since you love me that you had to find me attractive and you seem to like kissing me so I’ve tried to ignore it. You have only ever complimented me twice and one was a joke about waking up next to my beautiful face, which I obviously didn’t take seriously. The other was telling me that I looked nice in my pink dress robes. I felt so good hearing you say that because I had thought that I looked horrible in them. I got ready for Susan and Justin’s wedding and I tried to look nice and you didn’t even think I looked good. I never wanted to ask because I have tried to build myself up by myself so that no one could control me again like Tom did and I want to believe in myself but this hurts and I don’t know how I can marry you if you don’t find me attractive.” Harry tried to interrupt her but she continued. “And now you have seen me without a shirt on so you know I have no breasts and I have heard how my brothers talk about women and how much they like women’s chests.” She buried her face in her hands. “I hate what Zabini did to me. I just keep questioning everything. I’m even questioning if you want me… like want to have sex with me.” She let out a deep breath and made to get up. “I’m done now and I’m tired so I think I’ll go to bed.”

“No!” Harry managed to croak out. “Please sit. We have to talk about it because I have apparently failed to show you how I see you and I really need to fix that.”

Her face wore a pleading expression. “Harry please don’t say anything you don’t mean just to make me feel better. In the end it would only hurt me more.”

“I promise only to tell you the truth and I’m completely lost as to where to start. First off I don’t think you are ugly! I have always thought you were beautiful and I love looking at you. The night of the wedding I was speechless. I don’t know how you could think that I didn’t like how you looked! I wanted to tell you how great you looked but I couldn’t seem to make my mouth work. You have amazing eyes and gorgeous hair. I always want to reach over and run my fingers through it. I’m sorry I haven’t been complimenting you. I wanted to tell you how great I think you are so many times and I felt like an idiot for not having the right words to tell you.” Harry paused to look at her. Her eyes were wide but she looked like she believed him. “When I said that I wanted to wake up next to your beautiful face, I meant it. You have a beautiful face.”

She closed her eyes and took a big breath before opening them. “I really needed to hear that. Well, as long as you would have told me that you didn’t think that I’m ugly I would have been happy.”

“I’m not done love.” Harry wanted to say this next part carefully. He didn’t want to scare her but he needed her to know. “I did see you without a shirt on today and it was not in a way that I wanted to. Someone was hurting you and that was the first thought in my mind. I just wanted to make sure that you were safe. I really wanted to see you without a shirt on after we were married and no one was threatening you. I do want you Ginny. I want to be with you and when we get married I want to make love to you. And while you may not have a huge chest I do think that what you do have is perfect. I think that you are perfect or at least your looks are.”

“Harry… that has to be the best thing you could have said to me. Thank you.” She reached over and kissed him. “These past few weeks were wonderful. I finally felt like I was completely connected to you and I don’t want to lose that but I’m still going to need some time to heal.

“I know. I am here for you and I’ll do anything you need and want me to so. I will even work on making my stupid mouth work so that I can tell you how gorgeous you are every day.”

Ginny blushed prettily. “I was going to tell you something today before everything happened. I thought maybe I wouldn’t but I’m sure so I want to tell you.” She kissed him again. “I’m ready to get married.”

Harry was surprised. “When did that happen?”

“It started when you took care of me when I had those cramps. You put everything aside to help me. Then when we talked and stuff over the last two weeks I became sure. I know you’re not ready yet but when you are ready, then I am too.”

“Ginevra Molly Weasley, you never stop amazing me.” He got up and helped her to rise. “Come on, I’ll try and help you up the stairs. Hopefully they will let me.” They did let him. He walked her to the door of her dorm and kissed her lightly. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” She turned to go in but he stopped her.

“By the way Ginny you were wrong. I’m ready to marry you too.”
Reviews 301
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear