Search:

SIYE Time:13:39 on 18th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the Power of the Garuda
By YelloWitchGrl

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Action/Adventure, Comedy, Fluff, Humor, Tragedy, Drama
Warnings: Death, Sexual Situations, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 301
Summary: Harry seventh year has not turned out as he expected! Will he find the power that he needs to defeat Voldemort? What does his love life have to do with it? What is Garuda?
Hitcount: Story Total: 170905; Chapter Total: 7280







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


A/N: This is where the content gets difficult. I urge you to finish the chapter and read at least the next one before you pass judgement.

The morning that Harry, Ron, Hermione and Ginny were all to leave for Hogwarts dawned bright and cold. All of the occupants of number twelve, Grimmauld Place gathered to eat one last meal together before they were to catch the Knight Bus. Time together was precious. After having lost two sons, Mrs. Weasley was determined to spend as much time with all her children as possible. Percy had died mysteriously at the beginning of Harry’s sixth year never having resolved his family quarrel and his murder was never solved. Charlie had died only four months previous, murdered by McNair when he refused to join Voldemort. That was only the second time Harry had seen Ginny cry, when they received the news that Charlie was dead. The first had been after the Chamber of Secrets. This Christmas had been hard but Harry knew that if he did not end things soon, next Christmas would be much harder.

The Weasley’s now lived with Harry and Remus at Headquarters. Sirius had left the house to them upon his death and during the summer after his fifth year, the Burrow had been destroyed when Death Eaters had gone there looking for Harry. Fortunately no one was hurt, as they were all at Grimmauld Place, but everything had been ruined. Harry had argued with Mr. and Mrs. Weasley for several hours before they agreed to live with him.

They were all at the table eating breakfast; Remus, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, Bill and his wife, Fleur who was almost eight months pregnant, Fred and George, Ron, Hermione, Ginny and Harry. While Mrs. Weasley had expressed her joy at becoming a grandmother, it was obvious that she thought it dangerous to bring a child into this climate. She was constantly worried about Fleur, and in the end, Bill and Fleur had taken up permanent residence at headquarters while she was on maternity leave. Harry and Remus had both agreed that this was better. It assured that Molly had company during the day and could watch over Fleur as she neared the end of her pregnancy.



Harry had been taken aback at how Fleur looked had when they had gotten home for Christmas two weeks before. They had wandered into the kitchen upon their arrival to find Fleur sitting at the kitchen. She had smiled and tried to stand up when they walked in but due to a large belly, she was struggling to get out of the chair. Fred and George, who had been sitting next to her, stood up and each took an arm to hoist her up.

“Sister dear,” Fred started looking at his sister-in-law.

“You really should just let us levitate you.” George finished.

Fleur glared at them but Ginny had been the one to speak. “Nonsense, you prats! You can’t levitate her. What if you hurt her or my nephew?”

“Oy, he’s our nephew too!” The twins retorted in unison.

Ginny ignored them and hugged her sister-in-law. “How are you feeling?” She asked as she helped Fleur to sit down again.

“Oh, I am feeling fine.” Fleur assured her. “Just very large!” She smiled brilliantly at her. Ginny grinned and plopped down on the floor in front of her to talk to her nephew.

“Hello in there, my nephew. This is your Aunt Ginny.” She then proceeded to have an entire one-sided conversation with Fleur’s protruding stomach. Fleur just smiled at her while the men in the room stared dumbly at them. Hermione, however, was looking at them with suspiciously misty eyes. After a few minutes, Ron seemed to regain his voice.

“Barking mad! Ginny, what do you think you are doing?” But before Ginny could answer, Hermione had smacked his arm.

“The baby can hear everything she is saying and it’s supposed to be good to talk to the baby.”

“Yeah, but…” Fred started to say something but was interrupted by Ginny.

“Do NOT make me hex you in front of my nephew!” All of the men got a startled look on their faces.

“How come he’s just your nephew?” George asked Ginny but Harry noticed that his tone was guarded. George obviously remembered Ginny’s legendary Bat-Bogey Hex and was not looking forward to a repeat performance.

“That’s simple. Out of all of us, I’m the best looking and therefore he gets to be mine first.”

“Brothers, I do believe that she has us on that one.” Fred lamented solemnly.


“Is everyone packed?” Mrs. Weasley asked startling Harry out of his reminiscence. The four heads nodded sedately. It was still quite early and Hermione seemed to be the only one who was even semi-cognizant of her surroundings as she read the paper.

A small gasp escaped her lips. “Oh my.”

”What?” Asked Ron, trying to peer over her shoulder.

Hermione’s face fell and tears pooled in her eyes. “This is low, even for them. I just can’t believe it!”

“Well, that explains everything, I’m glad we’ve cleared that up.” George muttered.

Hermione gave him a scathing look, which soften slightly as she started to speak. “It seems that a group of Death Eaters entered a home, murdered the husband and two children and then raped the wife, leaving her alive. They wrote on the wall, ‘Blood Traitors will not be tolerated, We will have Purify the race, by force if necessary.’” Ron put a comforting arm around her, as no one moved at the table. Hermione looked up, her eyes clouded. “They have killed and tortured before but now…” her voice seemed to falter “I guess this is just one step lower that they have sunk. I’m… excuse me.” She left the table with tears streaming down her face and Ron followed her out. No one seemed to want to eat after that and everyone quickly left to finish with his or her morning routine.

Harry and Ginny walked up to the girl’s room to find Ron comforting Hermione. They sat quietly on Ginny’s bed, facing the other two as the sat on Hermione’s.

“Are you alright, Hermione?” Ginny asked quietly.

Hermione looked up, her eyes red and puffy. She wiped her tears from her cheeks and took a shaky breath. “This just hits too close to home, I’m afraid.” She paused, trying to calm herself. “My mother was raped when she was in college and she said it was the worst thing that she ever had to go through. She lost all of her faith in men and she had no self-esteem. She stopped eating; stopped going to class. Her attacker was some guy from one of her classes and she never told anyone except my dad. They were dating at the time and she said she was sure he was going to break up with her.” A fresh wave of tears cascaded down her face. “He… he didn’t know how to help her, and it took her years of therapy to get past it.” Ginny handed her a tissue, and after Hermione wiped her eyes, she continued. “Rape is horrible. It’s degrading and violent. You end up feeling always out of control of your life, because you don’t even have control over your own body. I just… I saw what it did to my mother, and how it still affected her, even twenty years later. This is just one more worry that we have to heap on to our already full plate and I just have this bad feeling that we are going to be affecting us at school.” Harry knew how hard it was for Hermione to even speak about her deceased parents and to talk about something this painful had hurt her even more.

Ginny looked at her in concern “We’re sorry about your mum. I can’t even imagine how hard that must have been.”

“Hermione, if you are worried about being raped, then we’ll just walk you to all of your classes and the library and such. We’ll look after you.” Ron reassured her.

“Ron, you don’t understand! The message that they left on the wall is key and we have too many stupid little Death Eaters at Hogwarts not to take this seriously!” At his questioning look, she went on. “It said ‘Purify the race’.” When he still looked confused, she turned her head and looked straight at Ginny. “The witch who was raped was a Pure-Blood who married a muggle born. It’s not myself that I am worried about being raped.” Ginny’s eyes widened as the meaning of what Hermione said, hit home.

“I… I…” but no coherent words left her mouth and for the third time in his life, Harry Potter saw Ginny Weasley cry.
Reviews 301
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear