Search:

SIYE Time:15:58 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the Power of the Garuda
By YelloWitchGrl

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Action/Adventure, Comedy, Fluff, Humor, Tragedy, Drama
Warnings: Death, Sexual Situations, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 301
Summary: Harry seventh year has not turned out as he expected! Will he find the power that he needs to defeat Voldemort? What does his love life have to do with it? What is Garuda?
Hitcount: Story Total: 170192; Chapter Total: 5659







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


“Good morning.” Harry whispered quietly to Ginny early the next morning. It was still dark outside although the horizon showed that dawn was fast approaching. He could just make out the features on her beautiful face in the dim light.

Ginny did not open her eyes but smiled and stretched luxuriously. Harry watched in fascination as the sheet slipped down to reveal her unclothed form. The sight of her always amazed Harry; she was so beautiful. “Morning.” She said as she opened her eyes. She cupped his face and brought his lips to hers. The simple kiss was enough to make him forget everything else. He deepened the kiss and moved his hand to her ribcage, moving it slowly up and down her side.

“You are so incredible.” He whispered to her as he moved to kiss her neck and the sensitive spot near her collarbone. “So beautiful.” He heard her moan and he smiled in satisfaction.

She giggled before moaning again. “Harry… you are too good at this.” She pushed him until he was on his back and she hovered over him, looking into his eyes. “You are amazing.” She kissed him and moved fully on top of him. “Nicole will be awake soon.”

Harry grinned sheepishly at her. “Do you want to stop?”

“No.” She replied slowly as she licked her lips seductively. “We just need to be quick about it.”

Harry felt his breath hitch as he studied her mouth. “Never thought I’d hear you say that.” Harry told her as he ran his hands gently along her back, making her shiver.

“Well,” she purred. “We are parents now so we will have to make time to be together when we can.”

Harry grinned up at her. Her hair had fallen around her shoulders and ran down her body. He reached up and ran a hand through it. “She is worth it.” He slid hand up her back the base of her head. He gently tugged until her mouth was on his again and his felt his pulse quickened. “So about making this quick.” But stopped with a gasp and a long moan. “Ginny…” Harry could barely breathe.

BREAK

“I am pleased to meet with you Mr. Potter.” The Head Goblin, Grasnig, told him later that morning when Harry entered his office at the bank. “I admit that I have been expecting you for quite some time. I usually meet annually with our wealthiest clients.”

Harry gave the man a tight smile. “I was unaware that I was so rich until my brother-in-law informed me yesterday.”

Grasnig’s face tightened. “I received word from Mr. Weasley this morning that he was resigning. He was a gifted curse breaker and he will be missed.”

Harry studied the Goblin who seemed more of a politician than a banker. “He was understandably upset to learn that you had aligned yourselves with Voldemort and that his wife’s death could have been prevented.”

Grasnig’s face was unreadable. “We are not aligned with the Dark Lord.”

“Actions speak louder than words.” Harry told him idly as he studied his fingernails, trying to appear bored. He was actually quite nervous.

“I saved my kind from staggering losses and I will not apologize for it.” His face was set.

“The Minister is planning on having you and every other Goblin that he finds guilty of conspiracy, thrown in Azkaban.” Harry informed him while he looked levelly at him.

A half smile creased his face. “I am aware of the Minister’s latest bout of idiocy and I will not yield. We saved ourselves, which is more than they would have done for us. The Ministry is only interested in protecting humans.”

“They would have tried to protect you.” Harry told him angrily.

“They would have protected themselves and their gold. Not us. We have always had to protect our own interests even if we had to fight.”

“I would have tried to protect you… and so would Dumbledore.” Harry informed him.

The Goblin studied him. “We will not agree so what can I do to help you Mr. Potter?”

“I wish to withdraw all my gold and close my accounts.” Harry replied solemnly.

“What?” Grasnig exclaimed and Harry could see the horror on his face before comprehension dawned. “I see. You are punishing us for saving ourselves.”

Harry shook his head. “I refuse to associate with those who condone Voldemort’s exploits. By supplying them with gold you have chosen to support evil. It goes against everything that I am and I will not allow you to control my assets.”

“We did what we needed to save…”

“I don’t want to hear it!” Harry shouted as he interrupted him. “You had another option and you are now unwilling to defy him.”

“We cannot simply defy him.” Grasnig said and Harry heard the defeat.

“You could. We would support you.” He said simply.

“The Ministry would still try and throw us in jail. I will not bribe the Minister to keep us out of jail.” He narrowed his eyes. “I also do not appreciate being blackmailed by you. I am sure that you feel you can persuade me to admit the error of my ways if you threaten to remove all of your gold but I can assure you, I will not.”

“You know what would happen if the public finds out that I have removed all of my gold.” Fear crossed the Goblin’s face at Harry’s words. “I will not do so if you renounce your support of Voldemort.” Harry took a deep breath. “In a show of good will, to help all Goblins understand that not all wizards are bastards I will personally pay the fine to the Ministry.”

Grasnig snorted. “You would pay that much money? Why?”

Harry sighed and felt suddenly older than his almost nineteen years. “I am tired of fighting. I know it will cause another war between wizards and Goblins if the Ministry tries to arrest you and I want my daughter to grow up in a world that is not full of bloodshed.”

“Is that why you had the reporter write that article on how unfair the Ministry is treating us?”

Harry was astounded. “How did you know about that?”

“Ms. Skeeter was here yesterday and she asked if I would like to comment.” Grasnig sat up straighter. “From what she said, you and Bill Weasley instructed her to write the article.”

“We did along with my sister-in-law, Hermione.”

“Why would you do that when you feel like the Goblins have betrayed you?” He asked skeptically.

“Well… you are being treated unfairly. We were hoping to persuade Davies with it but he would not budge.” Harry told him. “He feels you were wrong not to warn us of the attack, so he won’t relent. It makes him honorable if nothing else.”

“Will you still have it printed if I agree to make sure the Dark Lord receives no more gold?” He asked Harry. “We would need protection.”

“I can have her print it.” Harry told him but he felt a weight of anxiety fall on him. She would print the other one of him as well and he did not want to see what she had to say about him.

“Then we have a deal. He will get no more gold if you pay the fine and print the article.” The Head Goblin told him imperiously. “If we are attacked then you will personally show up to help us fight.”

“I’ll be here.” Harry assured him. Hopefully that would not be necessary. It was already Tuesday afternoon and the Ministry was being attacked on Friday. He had a meeting with Dumbledore that evening to discuss the final plans for Voldemort’s long awaited demise.

Harry Apparated back to his and Ginny’s room to change out of his formal robes the he had donned for the meeting. He arrived with a soft pop and looked around, noting that no one was about. He heard giggling coming from the partially open door of Nicole’s room and he walked over and quietly pushed it open. Ginny, Bill, Ron and Hermione were sitting on the floor playing with Nicole and Tyler. Harry was surprised to see that Tyler was sitting up all by himself, with Bill close by. Nicole was looking up at Ginny as she read a story to her. He smiled to himself at the family picture.

“Hey mate!” Ron called when he looked up and spotted him. “How did it go with the Goblins?”

Harry’s smile widened as he walked slowly towards his wife and daughter to sit with them. Nicole immediately moved towards him and he hugged her tiny body. “He went for it but Rita still has to publish the article.” He kissed the top of Nicole’s head before she sat herself in his lap.

Ginny groaned. “She had better not write that you married me because I’m pregnant or something! I’d hate to have to hex her ugly face.” Ginny paused. “Then again, I would enjoy hexing her.”

“Ginny! You are a mother now!” Hermione reprimanded her sharply.

“What?” Ginny asked her with an innocent smile.

Bill gave a short laugh and Harry saw genuine happiness on his face. “Don’t ever change Ginny.”

Ginny nodded seriously. “I won’t Bill, I promise.”

Bill’s face fell slightly. “I think it will be good for us to be at Hogwarts.”

“I agree. We need to get away from everything that is happening here.” Harry said before he swung a giggling Nicole up with him as he stood. “It is time for lunch.” He told her as he looked into her big brown eyes.

“Dada.” She poked his glasses with a wet finger and Harry laughed. “Nana?”

Everyone laughed. Ron got up and walked over to Harry and Nicole. “Yeah midget, let’s go find out what Nana has for lunch.” Ron told her as he tickled her belly. She started giggling before holding out her arms to her Uncle. “Wow! She actually wants me to hold her.” Ron grinned before taking her into his arms. “Does this mean I’m your favorite uncle?” Nicole smiled before putting her arms around his neck and giggling.

“Hey!” Bill called as he picked up Tyler and headed out the door.

“This is a good sign.” Ginny told Harry as she took his hand. “It means that she’s starting to get used to all of us.”

“I’m glad. She’s got a large family and they all want to hold her.” Harry told her quietly as they headed out the door.

Ginny paused, keeping Harry back. “Are you really okay with the article being printed?”

Harry sighed heavily. “I don’t want it printed but at least there will be no mention of Nicole. How do you feel about it?”

Ginny seemed to contemplate his question seriously but her lips still curled into a grin. “I can handle a little bad press.” She kissed him. “I have you and I have Nicole… with you two I can put up with anything.”

BREAK

“So we have everything settled then.” Dumbledore said to him late that night. “I will be there to help you, of course.”

“Thanks.” Harry muttered as he stared into the library’s dying fire. Thoughts of what would happen on Friday filled him with the depressing realization that he might die in three days.

“I did not really want to talk to you about Voldemort.”

Harry looked up sharply. “Then why did you ask to meet with me? The Goblins? I’ve already paid the Ministry and sent an owl to Rita Skeeter. The articles will be printed tomorrow.”

“No.” Dumbledore said warily. “I really wanted to talk to you about your wife.”

“What about Ginny? Is something wrong?’ Harry asked hastily. He was starting to get worried.

“Nothing is wrong, precisely.” He replied slowly. “Has she agreed to stay here on Friday?”

“Yes.” Harry told him.

“Do you believe that she will?” He questioned mildly.

“Of course I believe her!” Harry was almost shouting. Why wouldn’t he trust Ginny?

Dumbledore let out a sigh but still would not meet Harry’s eyes. “I ask because she could be used against you.”

“She knows that and she is willing to stay here.” He told the Headmaster before narrowing his eyes. “What aren’t you telling me?”

Dumbledore studied him. “She is one of the most remarkable women I have ever had the pleasure to know.”

“I agree.”

“She came through hell several times, only stronger and braver. Her courage is boundless…”

Harry looked at him. “What are you not saying?”

“She needs to be alive.” He finally said.

“For me to defeat Voldemort?” It sounded like a question but Harry knew that it was more of a statement of fact.

“No.”

Harry was puzzled. “What then?”

He sighed. “When Hermione first asked me about your powers, she went against my wishes and told you that you needed to love Ginny and she was right to do so. I had been blinded to the fact that you were ready to love each other but that you, in particular, might need a push.” He paused and gazed steadily at Harry. “Then you announced your intent to wed and I was shocked that you had come so far, so quickly. Hermione was proven right again. You were very much ready to love each other.”

“Where is this going?” Harry asked.

“Then you came here with Nicole and I saw you become the man that you were destined to be. You had been a husband for only a few short days but you took to the role of father like you had been doing it for years.” He briefly smiled. “It was rather like watching you get on a broom. You are a natural at what most people have to work at.”

Harry flushed. “I had to work at it. I didn’t know anything about changing nappies or what to feed her.”

“Yes but you knew instantly how to love her.”

“I still don’t see what this has to do with Ginny.” Harry said confused.

“It has been said that you were destined for great things Harry. Part of your greatness will be realized this week. I am confident that you can beat Voldemort.” Dumbledore’s stare became hard as he spoke next. “Ginny’s life is also destined for greatness but her time for greatness has not yet come. She could never be just the wife of a famous man. She has too much spirit and I doubt you could marry someone who would so willingly step into the background. You respect courage, equality and fairness too much for that.”

Harry nodded. “Right. I couldn’t believe that she would stay behind without a fight but she didn’t want to spend this week arguing with me.” Harry ran a hand through his disheveled hair. “She wanted to spend this week with Nicole and I as if it were our last, just in case it was our last.”

The old man smiled fondly. “It never ceases to amaze me at the maturity of youth. She chose to make every second count. Very admirable.”

“So what great things are Ginny destined to do?” Harry probed. “You obviously know more than you are letting on, if she is destined. I mean I was destined because of the damn prophecy…” Harry felt his mind go blank. “There was a prophecy?”

Dumbledore would not meet his eyes but stared resolutely at the ceiling. “One can just know her to tell that she will do many great things with her life.” He answered evasively.

“Yes… so that is the other reason you are keeping her here? You know she will do great things… just because you know?” Harry knew that it sounded stupid.

“I believe that we are at an impasse. If I tell you certain things it, will change the way you view your life and I want you to have the fun of seeing it unfold”

“If she is destined then she would not die at the Ministry on Friday.” Harry tied to argue although he was not sure why he was doing so. “Prophecies are never wrong.”

“They have been misinterpreted and therein lies the danger. If I were wrong about the prophecy then she could die.” The Headmaster sighed. “I have meddled and interfered many times and I have been wrong but please trust me, Harry! You do not want her there. Voldemort has placed a price on her head.”

Harry’s heart stopped. “How do you know?”

“Mundungus Fletcher.”

“Ah.” Harry knew that the crooked man would hear that sort of thing. “She said that she would not go. She even liked the idea of helping the wounded.”

“Good.” He stood and Harry also clambered to his feet. “I shall leave you tonight. Do enjoy yourself.” He winked at Harry’s blushing face.

“Right.” Harry muttered as he left to walk up to his and Ginny’s room. He opened the door to see her sitting on their bed, reading. “Hey.” He said with a smile.

“Hi.” She smiled back and set her book down. “How did it go?”

“Okay.” Harry moved to the bed and sat next to her, resting against the headboard. She moved to sit between his legs and she leaned back, flush with him, as he wrapped his arms around her. She felt amazing in his arms. “Did Nicole go to sleep easily?”

“Yes.” She wiggled against him until she was comfortable. “So what did you two talk about?”

Harry sighed. “We went over the plan for Friday and then he asked me if you were actually going to stay here.”

Ginny laughed. “Doesn’t he trust me?”

“Not really.”

“Smart man.” Ginny turned her head and kissed the underside of his jaw. “I will stay here though, I promise.”

“I know.” Harry considered what else they had talked about. “He said that you are destined for great things.”

“Was there ever any doubt?”

Harry gave a snort of laughter. “I suppose not but the way he said it made me think that he was talking about a prophecy.”

She stiffened in his arms. “Did he tell you anything else?”

“No.” Harry looked down at their entwined arms. She had her arms over his and it felt as if she were holding him while he held her. “Do you know anything about it?”

She shook her head. “We have so many other things going on right now Harry. Our family lost another member and we may lose many more this Friday. I think we should leave it alone for now. I want to just be with you and Nicole and the rest of the family. We can put off those worries for another time.”

“All right love.” Harry told her before he bent down to kiss her neck softly. “He also told me to enjoy myself.” He continued to pepper her neck with sensual kisses.

Ginny moved to face him. “Are you actually initiating?”

Harry looked carefully at her face. “You don’t have to.”

She beamed at him. “You never start anything.”

“I didn’t want to push you… with what happened with… him.” Harry said, referring to Zabini.

“Ah. It makes sense then.” She kissed him. “I love you for being so sensitive.”

“So do you want to stop?”

“No.” She told him firmly as she pulled off the shirt she had been wearing. Harry had noticed that it was one of his old ones. He felt his eyes widen when he realized that it had been the only thing she had been wearing. “I do believe that you are overdressed.”

“Right.” He managed to say but his voice had sounded gruff. He could not move or take his eyes off of her. “You are so incredibly beautiful.”

Ginny blushed but the smile did not leave her face. “Make love to me, Harry.”

“For the rest of our lives.”
Reviews 301
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear