Search:

SIYE Time:21:13 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the Power of the Garuda
By YelloWitchGrl

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Action/Adventure, Comedy, Fluff, Humor, Tragedy, Drama
Warnings: Death, Sexual Situations, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 301
Summary: Harry seventh year has not turned out as he expected! Will he find the power that he needs to defeat Voldemort? What does his love life have to do with it? What is Garuda?
Hitcount: Story Total: 170932; Chapter Total: 5309







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


“I call this meeting to order.” Dumbledore said to those gathered in the kitchen the next evening. Silence settled over the room. “We will begin with the preparations made at the Ministry. Arthur, please report.”

Mr. Weasley cleared his throat before looking over some notes. “The Ministry put emergency portkeys in each department since the attack on Diagon Alley and we have conducted two successful drills to get all non-essential personal out of the Ministry.”

“Where are they sent?” Bill asked.

“A location only known to Minister Davies and Albus, who set up the portkeys.” Mr. Weasley told his son. “It will remove everyone from the Ministry that is not extremely competent in defense and dueling. Tomorrow morning, by nine, all of the Aurors will be in place. At the first sign of Death Eaters in the building Kingsley will alert everyone that they have arrived and the Ministry employees will portkey out.”

“When are they expected to arrive?” Pru asked him.

“Severus was under the impression that it would be about ten.” Dumbledore replied.

“Do the Ministry employees know that there will be an attack?” Ginny questioned.

“No. We are worried about spies so only the Minister, Order members and the Aurors know.” Her father answered.

Thomas Vicks spoke up. “How many Ministry employees will be staying behind?”

“About seventy. Some volunteered to stay and others are required to stay and defend.” Dumbledore responded.

“How many Death Eaters will be there?” Hestia Jones inquired.

“We estimate that there will be about two hundred.” Dumbledore said gravely.

“Two Hundred?” McGonagall looked sick. “There are only thirty of us, forty Aurors and seventy Ministry employees who are unprepared to fight Death Eaters?” She stared hard at the Headmaster. “We are outnumbered by at least sixty!”

“We have Harry and Professor Dumbledore.” Ron reminded her. “Between the two of them it will even the odds.”

Harry felt his face flush and looked for a way to change the subject. “We need to talk about the portkeys.” He told Dumbledore.

“Yes, of course.” He said. “Hermione came up with the idea of a portkey that can bring you back to headquarters if you are injured.”

“Why would we come here?” Elphias Doge queried.

“As an Order member, you hold sensitive information and we are not completely sure that St. Mungo’s does not hold spies for Voldemort.” Harry informed him. “There are portkeys for the Aurors also and any Ministry official that will take them to the hospital but we feel it would be best if you were brought here to be cared for. They are activated the same way except with the words ‘St. Mungo’s’ or ‘Ministry’ for the others.”

“Who will be tending to the wounded here?” Mad-Eye growled.

Dumbledore looked at him. “Poppy Pomfrey, Molly Weasley and Ginny Potter.” He turned to Hermione. “If you could pass out the portkeys?”

Hermione nodded and picked up a box from the floor. She took out one of the necklaces that she and Harry had created earlier that day. It was a red pendant on a leather string. “Harry and I made these so that only the person that they were made for can portkey with them and they will only take you between here and the Ministry.” She looked at the nametag on the necklace before handing it to Bill. “Once you put them on you cannot take them off again until Harry removes it. This will prevent them from being stolen and used against us by Death Eaters.” She passed out a necklace to each person including a very large one that was passed to Hagrid. Generally the half-giant was not present at the meetings but because this was such an important one, the kitchen had been enlarged to accommodate him. When everyone had their necklace around their necks Hermione spoke again. “To activate the portkey you must touch the pendant and say where you wish to go so it will either be ‘Ministry’ or “Headquarters’ and you will be portkeyed there. The ones we created for the Ministry works are not as complex and are blue pendants. If you need to send someone for medical attention then you can activate it in the same manner as your pendants.”

“So can anyone activate the portkey?” Pru asked her.

“Yes. If you are injured then any Order member can send you back here but it will only send the person wearing the necklace. No one else will transport with you.” Hermione explained. “If you are healed sufficiently to continue fighting then you can send yourself back the Ministry. Harry will have put up the Anti-Disapparition wards and the Floo network will be blocked so you will not be able to leave or return any other way.”

Remus looked appraisingly at her. “Do you need a wand to activate it?”

“No. All you need to do is for someone to touch a finger to it and say the place you want to go. We tried it earlier inside the house and Ginny was able to get the portkey to activate even when she was just concentrating really hard on where she wanted to go. This will be useful if you have been silenced or are otherwise unable to speak. You must really concentrate for it to work although I won’t guarantee that it will. Are there any other questions?”

When no one spoke Harry began his part. “For the battle we have decided to just send every Death Eater straight to Azkaban. Who can create a portkey?” He saw everyone but Hagrid raise a hand. “Excellent. I owled the guards at the prison to let them know that they would be receiving some extra guests tomorrow and we sent in several extra Aurors just as a precaution.”

“But… that is not the protocol.” Emmeline Vance said faintly. “What about a trial?”

Harry and Dumbledore exchanged looks before Harry answered. “I know that the accused are supposed to be detained before being sentenced to Azkaban and they will receive a fair trial… just as soon as Voldemort is dead. We need them out of the way so that we can kill Voldemort.” Harry told them cryptically. Most of the Order still did not know about the prophecy. He saw the questioning glances and guessed correctly what they were thinking. “Dumbledore and I have a plan for how to take care of Voldemort and we will be getting him if it is possible.” At everyone’s nod of acquiescence he continued with their instructions. “When you have them incapacitated, bind them and summon their wands for immediate destruction. Expect each to be carrying at least two wands. Turn the ropes binding them into a portkey. Any questions?”

When no one spoke Dumbledore commandeered their attention. “Does anyone else have anything to add? No? Then I will see you all at the Ministry at nine. Remember to arrive inconspicuously and go to your assigned station. That is all.”

Order members started to clear the table and soon the kitchen had cleared of everyone but the family. “We should probably get some rest.” Mr. Weasley finally said to the group at large.

“I’m not going to be able to.” Bill muttered. “I’ll probably stay up half the night just watching Tyler sleep.” Harry could see that his eyes had misted over. Harry felt his own eyes sting at the thought of never seeing Ginny or Nicole again.

“You don’t have to go.” Mrs. Weasley assured him.

“I do Mum. I need to go.” Bill said firmly. He looked over at Ginny and Harry. “You’ll take Tyler if I’m killed, right?”

“You won’t be killed!” Ginny nearly shouted at her brother.

Harry put a comforting hand on her. “You know we will.” He promised Bill and Ginny let out a small sob.

“Well…” Pru said finally with a smile. “When this is all over with and Harry has killed Voldemort, I think Remus and I are going to try and have a baby.”

Everyone at the table stared at her, including Remus who appeared taken aback. “I thought you said you weren’t sure.” He asked his wife as he searched her face.

She grinned at him before kissing his cheek. “I’m sure now.” He smiled happily and kissed her full on the lips.

“That is just great.” George muttered.

“I have to agree with you brother.” Fred sighed. “You watch and see. Harry will kill Voldemort and everyone will get married and get pregnant.”

“Come next spring the quill at Hogwarts will be working overtime just to get all the babies recorded.” George agreed.

Fred suddenly looked sick. “They’ll be expecting us to settle down next!”

“Nah.” George reassured him. “No bird in her right mind would want to marry one of us.”

Harry laughed at this. “You two aren’t so bad. Didn’t you date Angelina a few years back?”

Fred looked proud. “Well, that was the Yule Ball. We’re fun at parties but married men are serious.”

“I doubt we have it in us to be settled.” George told him. Mrs. Weasley huffed in disgust at their attitude but surprisingly refrained from commenting.

Ginny, however, had no qualms about voicing her opinion. “You wait.” She told them. “As soon as you fall in love you’ll be begging the girl to marry you.”

“Well, we have decided that we are only going to marry another set of twins.” George informed her solemnly.

“What?” Ron asked laughing. “That is the dumbest thing I ever heard of!”

“You could marry the Patil twins if Padma wasn’t dating Neville.” Hermione mused.

“Nope!” Fred said. “They have to be redheads.”

Mrs. Weasley’s disgust had apparently reached its breaking point. “You two are just looking for an excuse to never marry!” She shouted. “Honestly! Where are you going to find another set of redheaded twins?”

“Being married is wonderful. You don’t know what you are missing.” Bill told then somberly.

Fred and George exchanged a look and Harry could see that they didn’t want to upset Bill by contradicting him. “Maybe it’s just not right for us.” Fred said slowly.

“Well… just don’t rule it out of your future yet.” Ron said. “It really is an amazing feeling.” He reached over and brought Hermione’s hand up to his lips. He smiled lovingly at her and she returned his look.

“I think we’ll head to bed.” George told the group as they both rose simultaneously from their seats. “Any more of watching the newlyweds and I might vomit.” Tyler’s cry came into the room through the Monitoring Charm. A look of mischievous glee crossed his face. “Oh good, we can go and visit our nephew.”

“You won’t.” Bill told them firmly as he got up to leave. “If you step foot into that room, it will take me two hours to get him settled again.” He walked out.

Fred looked at his twin. “Well, he did say he wasn’t going to sleep, right? Might as well have some fun with the baby if we’re going to be awake anyway.” They both left, following their oldest brother, identical evil grins stamped on their faces.

“Those two.” Mrs. Weasley sighed with exasperation. “Well, we all should be off to bed.”

“Yes.” Remus yawned and stood before holding a hand out to Pru. “We do need to try and sleep.”

They left the kitchen after a chorus of ‘goodnights’ to each of the occupants. Harry and Ginny walked hand in hand up to Nicole’s room. Harry opened the door silently and they moved over to her crib to look down at her. She had rolled onto her side at some point and was hugging a small fuzzy bear. Harry looked down at her beautiful little face and fell in love with her all over again. The sensation of loving a child was like nothing he had ever experienced before. He pulled Ginny into his arms and they both continued to watch her sleep. “I love her so much.” Ginny whispered.

“I know, I do too.” Harry responded just as quietly and kissed the top of his wife’s head. He saw Nicole stir and held his breath but she sighed and flopped onto her back. “We best leave before she wakes.” Together they moved towards their bedroom.

When they had closed the door, Ginny turned to him. “You promise you’ll come back tomorrow, right?”

Harry trued to smile but could barely manage to not look sick. A feeling of nervousness had settled over him. “I promise to try and get back tomorrow. I certainly have two very good reasons to live.”

“Let’s go to sleep.” Ginny told him as she went to get ready for bed.

“I can’t believe you are tired.” Harry told her as he went to locate his pajama bottoms under their bed.

“I’m not.” She replied. Harry stood up and turned to look at her and felt his jaw drop. She had removed her shirt and was wearing a lacy pink bra. “I’m wearing the knickers to match.” She told him with a grin.

“You look amazing in pink.” He finally managed to spit out as he moved swiftly to her.

BREAK

“Harry, why are you staring at me?” Ginny asked him with a yawn early the next morning.


“Same reason we stare at Nicole. I’m sorry I woke you.”

She yawn again but fully opened her eyes to look at him. “No, it’s alright. What time is it?”

“Just passed five.” He told her as he kissed brow.

“Mmm.” She smiled secretively. “Plenty of time before Nicole wakes up.”

“You are insatiable.” Harry grinned as he bent to kiss her neck.

“Don’t you want to?”

Harry laughed quietly. “I’m eighteen! Of course I want to.”

Ginny clapped a hand over her mouth before removing it to speak. “I’m sorry love! Happy birthday.” She gave him a smoldering kiss.

“Don’t worry about it. I only remembered because I’ve been awake for two hours so there was time for it to sink in.” He moved down to nibbling at her collarbone. “Do you want to talk?” He asked her when she sat up.

She looked at him seriously. “I really want you to promise to come back.”

“I will do my best.” He took a deep breath. “Something occurred to me… well it was what woke me up.”

“What?” She looked compassionately at him.

”I’m afraid that they will try to lure you to the Ministry today when they realize that you aren’t there.” Harry finally told her.

Ginny spoke reassuringly. “I won’t Harry, I promise I won’t leave.”

Harry let out a sigh. “It feels just like it did with Sirius and the Department of Mysteries. I don’t want them to draw you out like they did to me.”

A look of understanding washed over her face. “No matter what Harry, I promise not to leave here until you come back.”

“I may not come back.” Harry said morosely.

Ginny grabbed his face between her hands. “Then I won’t ever get to leave the house! So you’d better come back.” She kissed him deeply. “One more time Harry. I need you.”

Harry kissed her back and pulled her into his arms. “I love you so much Ginny.”

“I love you too.”
Reviews 301
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear