Search:

SIYE Time:10:01 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the Power of the Garuda
By YelloWitchGrl

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Action/Adventure, Comedy, Fluff, Humor, Tragedy, Drama
Warnings: Death, Sexual Situations, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 301
Summary: Harry seventh year has not turned out as he expected! Will he find the power that he needs to defeat Voldemort? What does his love life have to do with it? What is Garuda?
Hitcount: Story Total: 170925; Chapter Total: 6962







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Harry was sitting on the couch in front of the common room fire a few weeks later, reading for charms. He had managed in the past week to animate a small end table but was still not able to make it dance. It was frustrating to him and Harry was starting to lose hope that he would ever figure out how to defeat Voldemort. He had asked Dumbledore a year earlier what his power was but the Headmaster had told him that he was not ready to hear the answer. Moreover, Dumbledore felt that if Harry was told prematurely that he would not be able to utilize his power as well. Harry had not like being kept in the dark but had refrained from asking him again. On a positive note, karate was going very well. He and Tonks were able to spar, which was a sort of duel, and he was making real progress towards being able to beat her. He had even started to practice with Ron and Ginny. He had asked Hermione if she wanted to join in but she had declined and spent the time that they practiced reviewing for her NEWTs.

Harry was in the middle of reminiscing about their last practice session when he heard the portrait hole open. He looked up to see Ginny walking in with an armload of books. He smiled at her. “Hey Ginny, how were classes?”

Ginny dropped her books on the floor in front of him and planted herself right next to him on the couch. “Exhausting. Harry put your arm around my shoulder.”

“What?” Harry looked sideways at her. “Why?”

“I’m supposed to be teaching to you to be affectionate and I’ve been lackadaisical about it thus far so now I’m making up for it. When your girlfriend sits down next to you, you will need to put your arm around her shoulders.”

Harry chuckled softly but did as she asked and to his surprise she rested her head against him. It felt nice, comforting and surprisingly not awkward. “Okay now you would probably kiss the top of her head and maybe play with her hair.” She sighed and snuggled closer to him, putting her arm around him. She was obviously tired and looking for a comfortable place to take a small nap. He had seen her do this to Charlie once the previous year. Charlie had wrapped an arm around her and teased her that she had not done that since she was six. Harry did what she told him to. He kissed the top of her head, she smelled like flowers, and ran his hands gently through her long hair. Ginny jumped slightly when he kissed her, but quickly relaxed when he started to play with her hair. “That feels really nice Harry. Do you mind if I fall asleep?”

“No, go ahead. I’m just going to read a little.” On impulse he kissed the top of her head again and with his free hand, picked his book up and started to read again.

BREAK

“Twelve people were killed last night.” Hermione said at breakfast the next morning. She sighed deeply as she looked at the front page of the Daily Prophet. “Two were tortured and one more rape.” Hermione closed her eyes briefly and Ron put an arm around her. She looked up and smiled faintly at him. “After so many people dead… I don’t know. I thought maybe it would get easier but it doesn’t. It just gets harder to take each time; so many people.”

“We know love, we know.” Ron said and Hermione nodded slowly. He looked at Harry. “Hey mate, when is your lesson with Tonks?”

“Right after lunch. I’m looking forward to this one too because she is going to teach me to flip people.”

“Really?” Ginny looked excited. “I have a free period then. Do you mind if I come and watch? I promise I won’t interrupt or anything.”

“I think that would be fine. We’ll go up to the Room of Requirement together after lunch.” She smiled in agreement.

BREAK

After lunch, Harry and Ginny walked up to the Room of Requirement to meet Tonks. When they got there, Harry quickly explained that Ginny wanted to watch. She took a seat in the corner and they got started on animating objects.

“Okay Harry, let’s try with the end table again. Hopefully you’ll be able to make it dance today.” Tonks had a smile on her face but she looked doubtful. Harry glanced over at Ginny to see that she wore a big smile on her face. Feeling heartened by this, he turned towards the end table.

“Animatus,” Harry spoke at the end table, moving his wand and to immense surprise, the table started to dance immediately. His eyes widened and he looked over at Tonks to see that she was also flabbergasted. Tonks tried to speak but only managed to splutter.

Ginny clapped and started laughing. “Good job Harry! I thought you said you were struggling with this one.”

Harry turned and looked at her. “I am, I mean, I was but… I dunno what happened. I’ve never been able to do that!”

Tonks found her voice. “Lets try the suit of armor now. Go on.”

Harry looked at the suit of armor, spoke the incantation and the suit of armor started to dance. Harry was so shocked that he nearly fell over.

“Well Harry, I don’t know what you have been doing since we last met but whatever it is, you need to keep it up.” She gave him a big smile. “To be honest, I didn’t expect you to manage this so I didn’t prepare anything else. Let’s have a quick duel to see how you are coming along and then we will work on flipping your skinny bum on the floor.”

Harry groaned and shook his head. Dueling with Tonks was never fun. She always took it easy on him but still managed to beat him every single time they dueled. “Do you promise not to make me do anything stupid? The last time you did this, you made me tap dance.”

“No promises, young grasshopper, now you have one minute and then we’ll start. Ginny will you moderate?”

Ginny nodded and rose to her feet. She walked over and spoke quietly to Harry. “I know you can do this Harry. If you focus then you will be fine.” She gave him a quick hug and backed off to the side. Harry watched her for a moment, feeling somewhat better. He liked that she had faith in him; it made the task before him seem not so overwhelming. He knew he was probably going to lose to the Auror but at the moment, he did not really care.

“Okay.” He turned back to Tonks. “Let’s get my butt kicking over with.”
Reviews 301
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear