Search:

SIYE Time:19:40 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Three Years Late
By SunnieSideUp

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Angst, Fluff, Songfic
Warnings: None
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 4
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2005 ***

Ginny and Harry haven't seen eachother in three years. Their broken past leaves them with bitter feelings and hopeful hearts. Can they pull it together to finally claim the lost years?
Hitcount: Story Total: 2536







ChapterPrinter


A/N: This is mainly a series of SongFics. This chapter features "True" by Ryan Cabrera.


Ginny held her breath. Three years since the War ended, since she'd seen him. Everything had been left so messy, so broken between the two of them. Maybe if a dark lord wasn't trying to rip every bit of love out of Harry, they could have held on. Maybe if Ginny didn't try to be the salvation he never knew. But it didn't matter. He was coming to dinner at the Burrow that night, and Ginny knew deep down inside, he could still take her breath away.

I wont talk
I wont breathe
I wont move till you finally see
That you belong with me

He walked in, looking calm and cool. Ginny’s heart dropped to her feet. He was absolutely gorgeous. His hair was still in its tantalizingly messy state and beautiful green eyes still as emerald as ever. But his body had definitely changed. Years of Auror training gave him a nicely shaped chest and well sculpted arms. Ginny pretended not to see him and kept staring ahead listening to the story Charlie was telling their father. But she kept one eye on the monstrosity known as Harry potter. Should she go to him? Ask him how he's been? No. Her heart couldn't take it. She couldn’t look into his beautiful green eyes and know that he was content without her. She'd heard so much through her family over the past three years about him and his Auror training. All she needed now was some proof that she was a mere memory for him, rather than the reality that he was for Ginny.

You don’t know what you do
Every time you walk into the room
I’m afraid to move
I’m weak
It’s true
I’m just scared to know the ending
Do you see me too?

Ginny had had other boyfriends in the last three years, but nothing ever came of it. Things always started out well, then a few months went by and she couldn't bring herself to feel more for someone than friendship. The problem wasn't with them, it was simple. They weren't Harry. He’d left her broken the last time they'd spoken. It was the end of his 7th year, not long before he battled Voldemort himself, before the final feast. The conversation was dry, and to Ginny, felt like it lasted a million years, and five seconds all at the same time.
 
"Ginny, we can't do this..." he ran his fingers through his hair.”I don't know how this is going to work. You’re a target being so close to me," he finished, his eyes gazing down.
 
Ginny stared at him in disbelief. “Harry, don't be stupid. I don't care if I'm at risk. I'd die for you, you know that," she reached out to take his hand.
 
He moved backwards, out of her reach. “You shouldn't feel that way. No one should," he looked away sadly. “I’m sick of everyone having to put their life on the line because of me. I don't deserve all this,”

"Don't ever say that to me again, Harry," Ginny looked at him her anger rising. “Of course you deserve it; you’re worth the risk,". She softened, “I want to fight beside you,".
 
"No, Ginny," Harry looked at her defiantly. “I can't have you do that. You have to stay safe, and for that reason we have to end this,” He again looked down.
 
Ginny stood in front of him, “I can make decisions about my own safety, Harry," she looked up at him angrily. “This is ridiculous. You can't tell me we can't be together because you’re afraid you might damage me!"

  Harry looked back at her, his green eyes blazing. “Maybe it's not that, Ginny! Maybe I just don't want you!" he shouted. He then turned and took off his glasses, his hand to his eyes.
 
Ginny stood there, dumfounded. After all this time...maybe he didn't feel the same way towards her. How could she have been so stupid?
 ”Is that it Harry? You don't love me? Fine...fine. I won't trouble you anymore. You fight Voldemort. You do that. I'll be 'safe' standing on the sidelines. But it doesn’t really matter anyway because obviously you don't care about me at all, and are just using that as an excuse to get rid of me. Have a nice life, Harry,” With that she turned and stalked off. She heard him call out her name and try to reach her, but she just ran faster and never looked back.

Ginny's mind was reeling with emotion when she realized that she hadn't been paying attention to what Charlie was saying. She quietly excused herself and went upstairs.
 
  Harry walked up to the kitchen door at the Burrow. It had been about three years since he had been here. It's not that he didn't want to be there. He just couldn't bear to face the reality that came with the war. The Weasleys had suffered because of him. The loss of their son, Percy, to death eaters had been devastating. Harry knew that it wasn't directly his fault. But he knew that if it wasn’t for him, the whole ordeal would have never happened. Just like he had let Sirius die, he let others die too. The Weasleys would tell him over and over they in no way hold him responsible for anything, and that he shouldn’t torture himself. Harry wouldn't bring himself to believe that though.
He stopped at the top step and took a deep breath. And then there was Ginny.
 Why did he ever hurt her?
“Because,” he thought. “I was scared for her,”
“But was it that bad that you had to lie and tell her you didn’t love her?” a little voice inside him asked.
He didn’t know the answer to that question. But every time he thought of his last day at Hogwarts, his stomach turned and he felt his heart wrench. He never wanted to break her like that. He couldn't turn back time, so he would have to now deal with the present.

He entered the kitchen, to find Mrs. Weasley in her apron. She hugged him and kissed him like she hadn't seen him in three years, which was accurate. He got through several other Weasleys, including Fred and George who threatened to Bat-Boogey Hex him into next week if he didn’t come and see what his investment at their joke shop had become. He smiled politely at all of them, and slowly made his way into the living room.

As soon as he entered the room, he stopped dead in his tracks. Ginny. She was off in the corner listening to Charlie say something. She didn't seem to notice that he came in. That or she was pretending not to notice him.
“Merlin she’s gotten beautiful,” he thought.
Her flaming hair fell softly down her back. Her freckles stood out against her pale skin, and her brown eyes shown bright. Maturity brought her body soft curves in all the right places. She certainly had grown up. He wished she would come over to him. But she still showed no signs of acknowledging his presence.
It killed him to see her ignoring him like that. Especially since deep down, he knew she was the only one he ever felt connected with. Everyone else could walk around and tell him they knew how he felt, but they didn’t. It was all talk. But Ginny knew. Ginny was the only one who, like him, felt the way the Dark Lord could consume you. When he confided in her, he felt his burden lifted. For awhile anyway. But now, he was left alone. Cold.

You might think I don’t look
But deep inside
In the corner of my mind
I’m attached to you
I’m weak
It’s true
Cuz i'm afraid to know the answer
Do you want me too?
Cuz my heart keeps falling faster

Harry decided to move closer to where Ginny was. But before he could, she quietly slipped away and walked upstairs. Harry was torn. He wanted to follow her, but how would that look? Besides, she probably didn't even want to talk to him. She had most likely moved on with her life, found someone better. Harry wished he could do that. He’d had tons of girls that wanted to go out with him, the Boy Who Vanquished the Dark Lord. But they didn’t see him for who he was. No girl had ever seen him for himself. Only Ginny. Did she know that?

All this thinking was getting him nowhere. Either he sat there like a stupid git, or he followed her and tried to talk to her. If she laughs in his face, he’d be no worse off than he already was. Harry hesitantly moved towards the stairs and quietly climbed them.

I’ve waited all my life,
To cross this line,
To the only thing that’s true.
So I will not hide,
It’s time to try,
Anything to be with you.
All my life I’ve waited,
This is True.
Reviews 4
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear