Search:

SIYE Time:18:09 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Healing, Living, Loving and Life
By YelloWitchGrl

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Comedy, Fluff, Humor, Drama
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 68
Summary: Harry and Ginny build a life together in a post-war era. This is the story of their lives and that of the friends and family who survived. Sequel to Harry Potter and the Power of the Garuda- You NEED to read that story first or this one won't make sense.
Hitcount: Story Total: 55234; Chapter Total: 4824







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Saturday May 1st-4pm- Kitchen at Grimmauld Place:

“It looks really good Erik.” Harry told his son as they looked up at the hand painted sign. Erik had worked on it most of the morning while Ginny was at the Ministry. It said GOOD JOB MUMMY! The girls had even helped to paint on it although they had mostly splashed paint on it. Harry grinned as he looked up at Ron and Bill who were levitating it up. He glanced down at his son who was holding his hand. “I’m proud of you.”

The small boy sighed the sigh of a long-suffering older brother. “Emily and Nicole painted it messy.” Mrs. Weasley had drawn an outline for them to fill in on the sign and it was obvious which letters Erik had done and which the toddlers had worked on.

“Mummy will love it.” Harry assured him and Erik beamed at him.

“When is she coming home?”

“Soon.” Harry said.

“Is this straight?” Bill called to him.

He studied the sign. “A little higher Ron… that’s good.” He turned when he heard the kitchen door open and Mrs. Weasley bustled in with two sleepy looking little girls. He walked over and took his daughters from her, one in each arm. “Did you two have a good nap?” Neither answered but just laid their head on shoulder. “We are going to celebrate the twin’s engagements and the birth of baby Ben, right?” He asked his mother-in-law.

Mrs. Weasley “Yes, of course, but we are going to celebrate that tomorrow night when Pru will be up and moving about so that she can join in.”

“Should she be up then?” Ron asked in alarm.

“Of course! She’ll recover faster if she can get up and moving again. She just needed a full day of bed rest.”

Nicole yawned loudly. “Dada…” She snuggled closer.

Their grandmother smiled indulgently. “They were not really awake.” She gave each of them a kiss before turning to Bill.

“Tyler is still fast asleep so I didn’t wake him.”

“That’s fine Mum, thanks for checking on him.” Bill moved over and picked Erik up. “Do you think we should get out the cake for your Mum?”

“Uh huh.” Erik answered. He had been asking about the cake all day and he laughed when Bill left with him to search out the cake. Maddie walked through the kitchen door at that moment.

“How is Pru doing?” Harry asked her.

“She’s fine. Merri is sitting with her, helping her with nursing since she is still sore from having Ben removed.” Maddie explained. “Remus has been waiting on her but breastfeeding seems out of his realm of experience.”

He grinned. “I can imagine. Ginny should be home soon and she’ll want to check on her as well, I’m sure.”

“We also have to have her party for becoming a Matron. I’ve heard that the number of babies due in the next couple of months is astronomical. They are really going to need her for that.” Maddie looked thoughtfully up at the ceiling.

“Congratulations on getting engaged, by the way. It will be nice to welcome you two in to the family.”

“Yeah.” Ron came over to them. “I am amazed that you can put up with George.”

Maddie laughed good-naturedly. “He can be really romantic when he wants to be and I have enough of a sense of humor to go along with the jokes.”

The door opened and Hermione walked in and over to them. “Hello.” She and Ron kissed briefly and smiled at each other.

“Everything all right?” He asked her. She had been called in to the Ministry early that morning.

“Oh yes.” She smiled mildly. As an Unspeakable she never could talk about what she did at work “I talked with Ginny’s examiner before heading back and she is doing well. I believe she’ll be home soon.” She reached over to take Emily from Harry when the little girl held her arms out to her.

Bill came back in with Erik and the cake before setting it on the table. “I think I’ll go wake Tyler up before the party gets started.” He walked towards the door but it opened before he could put his hand on the knob.

“I passed!” Ginny said excitedly as she walked in and straight to Harry for a hug.

“I knew you would.” He whispered against her lips before kissing her.

“Mummy!” Erik ran towards her for a hug. “Do you like the sign?” He pointed one small finger up the banner that hung along one wall.

“It’s beautiful!” She exclaimed as she hugged him tight. “I love it, thank you!”

He beamed at her. “Emily and Nicole helped too.”

“I am really proud of all of you.” She told him.

“Ah Ginny!” Mrs. Weasley cried as she came in. “How did it go?”

“She passed, of course.” Ron winked as his sister.

Erik looked pleadingly at her. “Can we have cake now, Nana?”

Everyone chuckled at his impatience and the little boy scampered off towards his grandmother and the cake.

Ginny straightened and moved into his arms, leaning on his strength. “I need to check on Pru.”

“Maddie said that she was fine and I believe Merri was up there with them. You can wait for a little while and rest.” He told her as he supported some of her weight against him. The bags under her eyes were starting to deepen in color. “Maybe after cake you can take a short nap.”

“I think I will.” She giggled suddenly. “‘Good Job Mummy’, huh?”

Harry laughed. “We almost wrote Ginny but Erik asked why we would write that when you are Mummy and not Ginny.”

She gazed adoringly at her three children who were congregated around their Nana and rubbed a hand protectively over her belly. “I love them so much. They make all of this stress right now worth it.” She turned to him. “And I love you.”

He kissed her gently and put a hand protectively over their growing baby. “I love you too.”



Sunday May 2nd- 9am- St. Mungo’s Long Term Ward:

Harry sat silently next to Neville and watched Ginny hold Alice Longbottom’s hand once again. She had been with her for almost an hour before she finally spoke. Harry watched her in amazement. “I see the pain Alice.” She said soothingly. “I know it hurt so badly.” Mrs. Longbottom did not react more than to look at Ginny and then look away.

Ginny stood slowly before moving over to Frank. She once again sat with him and after about fifteen minutes she began to talk. “I see it Frank. You did not let your wife and son down. You saved Neville’s life and he has his own child right now that he would like you to meet.” Something flickered in the older man’s eyes but they clouded over almost immediately. “I know that Alice is hurt and that you feel you failed but I can assure you that you did not fail. It was not your fault in anyway.”

He made a grunting noise and tried to pull away from her but she kept her grasp firm. “No! We will not leave it that way Frank. You look over at that man there.” She pointed to Neville. “That is your son! That is your baby and he has never known you. Because you live in this world of hatred, you have denied him one of his parents. If you won’t open up for yourself then do it for him and for your granddaughter!”

Frank Longbottom studied Neville’s face for several long moments before tears welled up in his eyes and Ginny pulled him into her arms. “I know he looks like Alice. You didn’t fail her! It was the Death Eater that…” Ginny stopped and looked back at Alice. “Oh…” She let go of Frank and patted his shoulder before moving back to Alice. She looked straight into her eyes, almost forcing her through to meet her gaze. “Voldemort and all of his Death Eaters are dead. They can’t hurt you.” She studied her for several more moments before getting up and moving to them. She spoke quietly to Neville. “Your father and I are really making progress but your Mum holds secrets that guards carefully.”

Neville seemed choked up but he managed to speak. “Thank you for working with them Ginny. Even in the last month they have responded a little more to us when we have visited.”

She rested a hand on his shoulder. “I’ll do what I can but this is still going to take several more visits. It would help your mother a lot if you talk about how Voldemort and the Death Eaters were defeated.”

“I will. I can bring in copies of the Daily Prophet from when Harry defeated him.”

Harry put an arm around her waist. “Come on love. We need to get to King’s Cross before ten.”

“I know.” She said quietly and let him guide her down to the entrance of the hospital.

He knew she was tired from their quick trip here and all that had been going on. He was going to make sure that she slept comfortably on the train ride back. They had used a portkey to get to London but she had ached from it afterwards and Harry had decided that the slower, but safer method of travel was preferable. He hadn’t told her yet but he had practiced Apparating into and out of Hogwarts with Bill and had found, much to his surprise that he could do so. He would be able to Apparate her to where ever she needed to go for a birth. She had been using portkeys before but she was only a few days away from her seventh month of pregnancy and it was physically draining for her.

“What is that?” She asked suddenly as they left the hospital. Waiting for them at the curb was a Ministry driver holding open the door to a black Bentley.

“I called in a favor.” Harry told her as he led her to the posh auto. He helped her to slip inside before nodding to the driver. He looked over at his wife and saw that her eyes were already dropping in exhaustion. He felt the car move in to traffic before he spoke. “You need to slow down love.”

“I know you are worried.” She replied without even opening her eyes. “I think I can handle it. I am not going to worry about doing really well on my NEWTs and focus more on passing them. I only continued so that I could be a fully qualified witch.” She only needed six total passes on her NEWTs to be fully qualified and she was going to sit a total of eight with her written and practical exams for her four classes. “I know that I will pass Defense and Charms without any trouble and I am fairly confident with Potions.”

He was still worried but he simply took her hand and held it for their trip. Harry was confident that she would never push herself to the point of hurting the baby but he was still worried that with all of the births that were coming up that she would not be able to handle it all. “Is Madam Pomfrey still going to handle some of the births?”

Ginny sighed. “She has to. I cannot be at two births at once and there are so many babies due that it is bound to become a problem.”

Something occurred to him. “Muggles deliver in hospitals so that many women can be helped by one doctor.”

“Muggles do a lot of strange things Harry. I mean, honestly what is the point of a television? All they end up doing is watching it until they become lazy.”

He chuckled and squeezed her hand. “I happen to like television. Some shows are quite entertaining.”

“I will never understand it.” She yawned. “Wake me when we get there.”



Wednesday May 5th- 8pm- Harry and Ginny’s Room:

Harry sat on their bed sorting through the Muggle post that he had received that past week. He had written to several contractors and architects around Devon for information on rebuilding the Burrow. He had gotten several different floor plans for the new house and he had picked out three that he thought would be the most suitable. He was planning on Apparating to London to discuss it with his mother-in-law later this week but for now he wanted to sort through who they were going to use to help them build the house. Mr. Weasley had already put in a request at work to take the summer off and Minister Davies had personally given him permission to do so.

“Harry?” Ginny mumbled from next to him. She had been dozing while he looked through the plans although she had meant to stay awake and help him.

He smiled at her. “Yes love?”

“What time is it?”

“Eight. You should sleep in case there is another birth tonight.”

“There probably will be.” She said before sighing and turning over to her other side, her eyes instantly closing.

Harry studied her and appreciated that even in exhausted sleep she was still so beautiful. Her face had rounded out some in the past month and she was no longer as thin as she had been but he found that he only desired her more. Her stomach had also grown quite a bit and he could now easily feel Serenity move about. She was especially active when Ginny was trying to sleep and he grinned when he saw her belly shake slightly. He leaned over and put a hand on top of the foot that was kicking outwards. “Mummy is trying to sleep little one.” He kissed her stomach and beamed when he felt her kick his hand.

Ginny muttered and absently rubbed the spot where the baby was active. “Sleep time baby Ren.”

The baby slowly stopped rolling and Harry tried to resume his search through the contractor’s bids but his mind would not focus. Ginny had already delivered six babies since they had gotten back and she had not been to a class yet this week. Madam Pomfrey had helped when two women were in labor at once but that had only been the one time. He hoped that things would slow but knew that there were still many more woman who were due to deliver soon and still more over the summer. Hogwarts was going to be quite full in eleven years.



Friday May 28th- 10pm- Harry and Ginny’s Room:

”You need to rest!” Harry argued with her.

Ginny glared at him as waddled back from using the loo. “I’m going to rest right now.”

He sighed exasperatedly. “I’m just worried love. You are almost eight months pregnant and you have been on your feet delivering babies all month. Today you attended two births and you have to be tired.”

“I’m fine Harry.” She informed him as she climbed back in to bed. “I’m not going to class anymore so I am able to be there for these women. I’m pretty proud of myself for delivering thirty six babies safely and that included a set of twins.”

Harry got in to bed next to her. “I’m proud of you as well. I also think it’s better that you aren’t going to classes.” He remembered his NEWT class from this morning. “Colin spoke with me this morning. He told me to say hello and to tell you that Melissa was released from St. Mungo’s. She’s now living with her aunt in London.”

“That’s wonderful!” Ginny smiled at him. “I’m glad that she is doing better.” Her joy seemed to fade. “I’ve missed seeing Colin though. I’ve missed not having class with him. Hopefully this summer we will be able to see each other. I think he wanted to help us build part of the new house. He was fascinated when I told him we were going to build it the Muggle way.”

Harry chuckled. “I’ll make sure he knows the details then.”

“I love you Harry.”

He kissed her. “I love you too.”
Reviews 68
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear