Search:

SIYE Time:10:15 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Healing, Living, Loving and Life
By YelloWitchGrl

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Comedy, Fluff, Humor, Drama
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 68
Summary: Harry and Ginny build a life together in a post-war era. This is the story of their lives and that of the friends and family who survived. Sequel to Harry Potter and the Power of the Garuda- You NEED to read that story first or this one won't make sense.
Hitcount: Story Total: 55473; Chapter Total: 4634







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Friday June 11th- 3pm- Out By The Lake (Ginny is 8 months/32 weeks pregnant):

“Harry!” He turned at the call and smiled as he saw Ginny slowly making her way down to the family.

“Mummy! Mumma!” The children yelled and they took off towards her.

Harry was on his feet and walking quickly towards her he reached her just after the children who were enthusiastically hugging her. He took her hand and kissed her cheek. “How was it?”

“Easy as the other six exams.” She smiled wearily. “Let’s go enjoy our picnic.”

“Are you feeling all right?” Harry asked her as they walked down to the picnic blanket.

She sighed. “I’m just so thankful that NEWTs are over! After the picnic I am going to go back to our room and take a long nap.”

They watched the children go back to playing with some toys that Harry had brought out with them. He helped her to sit under a tree on a blanket and he conjured several large pillows for her to relax against. “Why don’t you nap right now? Do you want anything to drink or eat?”

“I’m fine.” She smiled at the giggles coming from Nicole. “Maybe I’ll just rest for a little while. I’m am glad that I am on maternity leave and that Madam Pomfrey is taking over for the rest of the summer.”

Harry was thankful that she had reached eight months and was now required to stop working. The nurse had taken over Ginny’s duty of attending births this week while she had been taking her NEWTs and would continue on until they returned for the next school year. “Are you okay or do you need more pillows?” He finally asked.

She had closed her eyes and shifted around for a while until he saw her find a comfortable potion and her face relaxed somewhat. “I’m fine but my feet are aching.”

He grinned and moved down by her feet to pull her shoes off to rub her swollen feet and ankles. Her eyes started to drift closed. “Just relax love.” He whispered to her but she didn’t respond. She was already asleep.



Tuesday June 15th-8:30pm- Kitchen at Grimmauld Place:

“So we have it narrowed down to three then?” Ron asked as he looked at the blue prints for the new house.

“Yes.” Harry told him.

“What are the differences between the three plans?” Bill shifted one to look closely at it.

Mr. Weasley pointed to them. “The only difference between them is the floor plan.”

Maddie raised one eyebrow. “What does that mean exactly?”

Ginny laughed. “It means that each of the house plans are for huge houses.” She looked indulgently at Harry who felt his face flush. “Someone insisted that we have plenty of room to get together. Each blueprint has nine huge suites of rooms and two large nurseries so that we all have a place to sleep with our kids when we get together. The only difference is how everything is laid out.”

“There are nine suites and two nurseries?” Hermione questioned.

“Right.” Harry replied.

Liz grinned. “So I’ll still get my own room then?”

The other adults laughed. “Yes you do.” Mrs. Weasley smiled.

“There is a room for everyone, including Remus, Pru and Ben.” Harry grinned at the emotional expressions on Remus and Pru’s faces. “There is enough room for everyone but we have to pick which plan we like best.” He shifted the first one on top. “I like this one because it has a lot of open space, high ceilings and lots of windows to make it look open.” He moved that one aside and got the next one. “This one is more like a castle and will be a lot of stonework and secret passages. Then this one,” he moved the third plan to the top. “This plan is from an idea that Maddie and Merri gave me when they talked about their Mum’s house in Florida. It’s called a plantation and it is something that Muggles used to build for their large families. It’s basically just a large house inside but with lots of wood work and on the front is a huge porch with columns that would look like this.” He pulled out a picture of a plantation house. “So what does everyone think?”

Remus posed the first question. “Won’t a castle be hard to build not to mention time consuming?”

“Yes.” Harry agreed. “It is the most arduous plan.”

“Secret passages would be interesting.” Fred grinned at his twin.

“Yes.” George went on. “We could do a lot with them.”

“No.” Merri glared at her fiancé and then at George.

“I don’t like the idea of them being able to sneak about even more.” Mrs. Weasley said as she glared at her identical sons. “I think I rather like the first one.”

Harry shuffled through the papers. “The one with all the windows?”

“I agree.” Mr. Weasley pointed at the blueprint. “What is that?”

“Uh,” Harry studied it momentarily. “It is an indoor swimming pool.”

“Really?” Liz whispered in awe.

“I’m sold on that one.” Maddie informed them.

“Absolutely.” Fred and George said together.

“Shall we vote?” Mr. Weasley asked. “All in favor of this plan raise your hand.” Every hand went in the air.

Harry grinned broadly. “I’ll let the contractor know then and we’ll start construction on it as soon as he files the paperwork.”

Several of them gave him an alarmed look. “We can’t register the house with the Muggles.” Bill finally said.

He laughed. “We won’t be, I promise you! The contractor will believe that he is getting all of the proper permits and instead the Ministry will be sending back false papers and after it is over his memory and the memories of his workers will be modified slightly so that they do not remember who we are.”

“When are we getting started?” Ron asked.

“We will have the fake building permits on Friday and we’ll start construction on Monday. I know that work is going to get in the way for some of you but when you are available, you can just show up and help. Dad, Remus, Bill and I will be able to work all day and we will set up a large tent for Mum, Ginny and the children to be comfortable in and it will be climate controlled.” He finished and looked around at everyone and was glad to see that they were all smiling.

“I really want to get to bed.” Ginny interjected. “But remember that a week from Friday is Erik’s birthday and we’ll be having a party here that evening.”

Mrs. Weasley’s smile was watery. “That sounds lovely.” She sniffed loudly. “I can’t believe that he is already five years old.”

Harry felt his focus cloud at the thought. It had just hit him that his son would soon be five. “Harry?” He blinked and turned to his wife.

“Yes love?”

“I need help getting up.” She reminded him with a grin.



Monday June 21st-8am- New Site For The Burrow:

“The tent is lovely Harry, thank you.” Mrs. Weasley patted his cheek affectionately. “It is going to be very convenient for us.”

Harry looked around at the large magical tent that resembled a large white muggle awning on the outside but was a luxurious home on the inside with everything that they could possibly need, including plenty of toys for the kids whom were already exploring their new surroundings. “I’m glad that you like it.”

“It’s very nice.” Ginny smiled as she looked around, her hand on her large belly.

He leaned down to kiss her cheek. “I need to go out and meet the construction workers.”

“Okay.” She gazed at him and looked him over. “I love the muggle clothes. You look quite fetching it them.”

Harry blushed and winked at her. “This is what they all wear.” He had on faded jeans, a white t-shirt and steel-toed boots. “I think it will work anyway. We don’t want to tip off the Muggles.” He kissed her lips before walking out of the tent. He noticed immediately that Mr. Weasley, Remus and Bill were talking to four men he did not know. He observed that they had arrived with many of the supplies to start the framework for the foundation. It would be completely that afternoon and the large cement truck would arrive so that they could pour the foundation. He walked over and extended his hand to Albert Thompson, the contractor. “It’s nice to see you again Mr. Thompson.”

“Albert, please.” The older, friendly looking man said. He turned to the others. “This is John, Simon and Scott.” He pointed to each man with him and Harry saw that they appeared only to be a few years older than himself. He shook hands with each of them.

“So.” Mr. Weasley hopped on the balls of his feet excitedly. “When can we get started?”



Wednesday June 23rd- 9pm- Harry and Ginny’s Room at Grimmauld Place:

“When are they getting married?” Harry asked Ginny who was reading over a letter that they had just received from Colin.

“July 10th.” She replied shortly. “They want to get married before I have the baby so that I can attend. It’s going to be at a church in London.”

Harry tried to remember what else was going on. “I thought that was when Fred and George were marrying Merri and Maddie.”

“No, they are getting married the next weekend on the 17th at the pond behind the Burrow.” She set the letter down and waddled slowly over to the bed. “Can you help me arrange the pillows?”

“Sure love.” He smiled at her and helped her to lay on her left side before positioning a pillow behind her to prop her up and one between her knees so that her legs wouldn’t swell too badly as she slept. He then handed her the pillow for her front that she put slightly under her very large belly. “I love you.” He kissed her stomach and rubbed it before turning to her. “I love you as well.” He gazed down at her, admiring how beautiful she looked.

She grinned. “I know. What I enjoy most is knowing that you still find me desirable even though I look like a behemoth.” She kissed him when he leaned down to her lips. “I wouldn’t believe it if I couldn’t feel it coming from you.”

Harry chuckled softly. “I am always going to want you. You are just too sexy for me not to want you.”

Her smile slipped slightly. “I’m sorry I haven’t been up for making love to you.”

“Oh love, please don’t think that.” He ran a hand along her cheek. “You are almost nine months pregnant and you are exhausted all the time plus your body is one large ache. I understand that and our sex life is not my number one priority right now, even if I do want you.”

She studied him. “I’m so glad that I have you. You are truly an amazing man.”

He shook his head with a smile. “I’m the lucky one Ginny. You are the best wife, mother and friend I could ever hope for.”



Friday June 25th- 6pm- Kitchen of Grimmauld Place:

“Blow out the candle.” Ginny whispered to their son. Erik took a big breath and blew them out while everyone cheered. “Good job.” Ginny kissed his cheek.

Harry picked him up and swung him around and his little boy laughed as he settled him into his arms. “Happy birthday. You’re a big boy now.”

Erik’s smile was huge. “I know!” He looked over at his mother. “Can I eat my cake now?”

She laughed. “Yes.”

“Nana!” Erik got down and ran to his grandmother, his beaming face alight with happiness. “Can you cut the cake for me please?”

Harry put his arm around a very pregnant Ginny before placing a hand on her belly. “He’s growing up so fast.” He rubbed his hand over their baby who was doing summersaults in Ginny’s stomach. “Pretty soon she’ll be here.”

“I know Harry and after her many more babies.” She leaned against him. “I love you so much.”

“I love you too.” He kissed her cheek.

“Daddy!” He looked down at Nicole who had come over. “Up peas.”

“Me, Daddy! Me too!” Emily was right behind her.

Harry laughed and picked them both up. It was getting harder to do as they got older but building the house was also helping to strengthen him and he was thankful. He never wanted to lose the ability to hold his children.



Saturday June 26th- 10am- St. Mungo’s Long Term Ward:

This had happened several times in the past two months but each time Ginny had made some progress. Harry watched her speak softly to Alice Longbottom and the older woman was actually paying attention to what she had to say. Ginny had already sat with Frank and he had nodded once when she had asked him a question. Her light voice caught his attention. “They are all gone Alice and everyone is safe now. You can let it go if you want.” Alice did not respond but nor did she look away so Ginny pressed on. “I know that you are hiding something… something that you don’t want anyone to find and I promise that no one is going to look for it. You can keep it a secret even if you talk. We don’t need your secret but we would really like the chance to know you.” The older woman’s eyes clouded over and she turned away. Ginny sighed and turned to Neville who sat silently next to Harry. “It’s progress. A few more months and I think she might be willing to speak.”

Hope sprang to Neville’s eyes. “You think she can talk?”

Her grin was infectious and Harry felt himself smiling along with her. “I’m positive that they can both talk.”
Reviews 68
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear