Search:

SIYE Time:7:53 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Healing, Living, Loving and Life
By YelloWitchGrl

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Comedy, Fluff, Humor, Drama
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 68
Summary: Harry and Ginny build a life together in a post-war era. This is the story of their lives and that of the friends and family who survived. Sequel to Harry Potter and the Power of the Garuda- You NEED to read that story first or this one won't make sense.
Hitcount: Story Total: 55470; Chapter Total: 4886







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Saturday March 6th- 1pm- The Potter’s Rooms:

“I can’t believe how fast they are growing!” Mrs. Weasley exclaimed as they watched Nicole and Tyler slowly eat their slices of birthday cake. “Nicole turned two on Thursday and today is Tyler’s first birthday.” She had to wipe her moist eyes.

“I know Mum.” Ginny had a hand on her belly, which was now extended out noticeably, although she was still quite small when she stood next to Pru who was at the end of her eighth month. “I think they are enjoying sharing their birthday party.”

Harry put his arm around Ginny’s shoulder and she leaned against him with a sigh. “I think everyone is enjoying themselves. Look at your brothers and Colin.” He pointed over at Ron, Fred, George and Colin who were playing dragons with Erik. Maddie, Merri and Hermione were talking with Pru who was resting on the couch, looking tired but radiant. Liz was sitting with Emily on the floor playing with Boo who was chasing a string. He looked around and realized that someone was missing. “Where did Bill go?”

“He’s missing Fleur but he doesn’t want Tyler to see him upset so he’s taking a walk.” Ginny informed them. “Dad and Remus went with him.”

“Ah. This has to be hard for him.” Harry and Ginny moved over to Nicole and Tyler as they finished smearing cake all over their highchairs. “Are you two done?”

“Yef Dada.” Harry wiped her mouth and hands while Ginny cleaned Tyler up.

Mrs. Weasley moved over to the rest of the cake. “Does anyone else want more cake?”

Ginny grinned. “I’ll take another slice.”

“Course you will.” Ron laughed as he walked over. “I’ll take another one too Mum.”

Ginny set Tyler down and he started to crawl towards Liz and Emily. The baby loved the kitten and often tried to chase him. Boo was usually good about sitting still for him but after having her tail pulled for several minutes she would usually run off to hide. Nicole ran off and hopped on to her Uncle George. She loved playing with the dragons. Harry heard the door open and he saw Bill, Mr. Weasley and Remus come back through the door. “Hello.” He said quietly as they walked up to them.

Bill took a deep breath and his gaze swept over to his son who was pulling out Boo’s fur. He smiled slightly. “Let’s have the kids open their presents.”



That Evening-Harry and Ginny’s Study:

Harry looked between Ginny, Hermione, Maddie, Merri and Colin as they discussed the best course towards helping Melissa. “I think it can work.” Ginny finally said when the plan was completed. “I also think that we should go tomorrow.”

Harry spoke up for the first time. “Are you sure you’ll be ready?”

She nodded. “If it doesn’t work, she won’t be hurt by it and I can try again later.” She gazed at Colin. “Don’t get your hopes up that something amazing will happen tomorrow but if I can look at how she is feeling then I’ll be able to figure out better how to help her.”

“I know Ginny, I’m just glad that you are even trying.” He looked down at the floor. “Thank you all for trying to help.”

“It’s our pleasure Colin.” Hermione assured him.



Sunday March 7th- 9am- Muggle Hospital:

“Hello. I’m here to visit Melissa Wells. I’m her boyfriend.” Colin told the woman at the front desk.

“Who are all these people?” She stern woman asked as she pointed at Harry, Ginny, Hermione, Maddie and Merri.

“We are specialists who have been here before to visit Miss Wells.” Merri informed her loftily. “Check your records and you’ll see that we have. These are three of our colleagues whom we feel may be able to aid us in this baffling case.”

The woman checked some papers and grudgingly told them to sign in. “Thank you.” Maddie said coldly before winking at Harry. The six of them moved through a door that the woman had buzzed open for them.

“She’s in here.” Colin hesitated at a door before opening it and walking through. Harry saw a small blonde woman sitting in a chair staring out the window. “Hello Melissa.” Colin said quietly as he moved in to kneel in front of her. She looked at Colin and tears pooled in her eyes. “I’ve brought someone to see you, her name is Ginny. Do you remember me telling you about her?” Harry, Maddie, Merri and Hermione stood back to observe the interactions between them.

Melissa did not acknowledge Ginny as she moved over to the other woman and took a seat next to her. “I’m going to hold your hand, all right?” Ginny took her hand gently and gasped. She closed her eyes and Harry saw that tears began to fall down her face. He was concerned about his wife but knew that she was destined to do this sort of thing. Very slowly Melissa turned her head to gaze at her but her face still remained blank. Ginny kept her eyes closed for several minutes before she opened them to look deeply in to the other woman’s eyes. “That really hurts Melissa and you’ve buried it quite effectively.” She did not respond. “I feel how much pain you are in and I know that you can understand what is being said to you.” Ginny cupped her face with both of her hands. “You don’t have to cry when you see Colin because he does not blame you for the baby’s death.” She said it softly but with determination. More tears came to Melissa’s eyes. “He blames himself for your miscarriage and for your parents death.”

Melissa wrenched away from Ginny to look at Colin who was crying as he spoke to her. “I’m so sorry sweetie. I’d change it if I could!”

Melissa’s eyes, which had been alive for a moment, slipped back to nothing and she turned back to Ginny who continued to speak soothingly to her. “You don’t have to feel badly about Colin’s pain. I am helping him move past it. We just want you to focus on yourself and to save yourself…” Ginny’s brow furrowed and she cocked her head to the side. “He doesn’t love me Melissa.”

“What?” Colin yelled, startling everyone. He turned to Ginny. “She thinks that I love you?”

She nodded, continuing to meet Melissa’s gaze. “Colin loves you. I can feel his love for you like I can feel your love for him and your fear.” Her eyes once more came to life. Ginny gasped again. “Oh… Melissa you did not let Colin down and I promise that he is in love with you!”

“Why does she feel like she let me down?”

“She was scared at first about your reaction to the pregnancy but she loved the baby just as she loves you.” Ginny let out a long, slow breath. “She told you to save me because she thought that you loved me and she wanted you to be happy but she feels like she failed as a mother because she lost the baby.”

“Oh damn.” Colin pulled Melissa into his arms and she went willingly. “I love you so much and I only think of Ginny as a sister. I could never love her like I love you and I have grieved for so long over you losing our baby and all the pain I have caused you. I didn’t even know that you were pregnant but I wanted to marry you anyway. I love you and I would have loved having a baby. I don’t blame you for any of this! I should have protected you both.” Sobs escaped from Melissa and she wrapped her arms around him. He held onto her and Harry could see how much he loved the woman in his arms. He rocked her while she cried for several minutes.

When she had quieted Maddie and Merri came over and began to check Melissa over. “She’s fine physically.” Merri commented.

“No lasting magical damage. I know we checked before but it’s always nice to be sure.” Maddie straightened and looked into Melissa’s eyes. “Ginny says that you can understand me.” No response from Melissa but she met Maddie’s gaze. “You can talk if you want to.”

Melissa looked back at Ginny who took her hand and smiled reassuringly. “Colin would love to hear your voice again, I’m sure.”

She nodded and looked down at their linked hands before noticing Ginny’s distended belly. Melissa’s mouth fell open and she spoke in a hoarse voice. “You’re pregnant.”

Colin sobbed in relief and Ginny’s smile grew even wider. “It’s nice to hear your voice.” She reached over and touched Melissa’s face. “I know it hurts, I can feel it. I know you wanted a happy life with Colin and you can have it. You have a lot of recovering to do but then you and Colin will have a happy life together with more babies. You aren’t going to ever forget your first but there will be more. I promise.”

Melissa looked over at Colin when he started to speak. “As soon as you are really better, we’ll get married… if that’s what you want.” She nodded and he hugged her again, kissing her temple. “I love you Melissa. I always have.”

“I love you too.” She murmured into his chest. She looked around at everyone before looking back at Maddie and Merri. “Do I have to stay here now that I’m talking again?”

“No.” Merri informed her. “But you will be going to another hospital. You need therapy but because you were hurt with magic we’ll want you to talk to a Mind Healer, they are sort of like muggle therapists. We’re transfer you to the magic hospital so that you can work through your problems.”

“More hospitals…” She sighed and turned back to Ginny. “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome. I just wanted to help you get better.”

She nodded and tentatively put her arms around Colin again. He held her tenderly and together they grieved for what they had lost and for what was recovered.



That Evening-Nursery:

“Daddy… can we fly tomorrow?” Erik asked as he yawned.

Harry had already kissed the girls who were asleep as soon as they were put in their toddler beds. He was sitting on his son’s small bed to say goodnight. “Not tomorrow but we can on Wednesday after lunch.”

“Okay.” Erik smiled. “Good night Daddy.”

“Goodnight.” Harry smiled and kissed his brow as he pulled the covers up.

He and Ginny walked out holding hands to their room and to their bed. Harry helped Ginny to lay down on her left side and he climbed in behind her, cuddling up to her as he had done so many times before only this time she had a small belly that he could rest his hand upon. He kissed her neck and whispered in her ear. “I’m really proud of you. What you did today with Melissa was amazing.”

“It’s my gift.” Ginny told him dismissively. “And Hermione gave me all that material on grief.”

“You still did a great job with her. She hadn’t spoken in nine months and you got her to open up in a few minutes.”

She shook her head. “It was my stomach that caused her to talk. She wanted her baby so badly.” He felt her sigh. “She is in so much pain right now but I know they’ll have more children.”

“How do you know?” Harry asked her.

“I just know. It isn’t part of being an Amulain… at least I don’t think it is. I just know that they will have other children. Or maybe it is part of my gift and I can sense that her body is healed physically from the miscarriage.” She moved her head around to face him. “It was easier to see in to her heart than I had expected.”

“What do you mean?”

“It was just clearer… not as muddled as your head or even Colin’s.” She grinned. “Her mind was completely focused on her pain and your head it filled with many things, like the excitement of taking Erik flying this week. I think that is why Amulains mostly work with those who are sick.”

“Are you going to work at St. Mungo’s then?” He asked.

“No. I will if there are tough cases but I want to be a Matron. I believe that it was significant that I only came into my powers when I got pregnant. I think I’m supposed to work mostly with pregnant women and their babies.”

“I think that you might be right. Does that mean you aren’t going to tell the public that you are an Amulain?” He ran his hand lovingly over her side.

“I talked with Dumbledore about it and expressed some concern over the publicity that we already get. He thinks that Maddie and Merri can keep me apprised of any cases that might need my attention. I can always have you change my appearance before I go down to London to help someone.”

“That is fine.” He kissed her cheek. “I think you could do more work if you weren’t being harassed by the press.”

“Mm.” She giggled. “I forgot to tell you something. I could feel a longing coming from Fred and George at the party yesterday.”

Harry groaned. “I doubt I want to hear about this!”

She laughed. “A longing that they got when they looked at us or at Ron and Hermione together. I even felt George wanting to have children.” Harry stared at her, not comprehending what she was trying to tell him. “They want to get married.” She explained.

“Really?” Harry asked in disbelief. He knew that her brothers were quite smitten with the two Healers but he hadn’t realized it was quite so serious.

“Yeah. It’s a perk of being an Amulain. I know these sorts of things.” She gasped and grabbed his hand and put it on his belly. “The baby moved.”

Harry concentrated on the feeling of her firm belly and waited. He had tried to feel the baby several times before but she had always stopped moving when his hand rested on Ginny’s stomach. He still felt nothing and he tried to hide his disappointment. “I guess she’s not ready for me to feel her move.”

“Actually you shouldn’t be disappointed.” Ginny told him. He nearly jumped at her intuition, forgetting for a moment that she could feel his emotions. “She is comforted by your voice and the warmth of your hand on my belly lulls her back to sleep.”

Harry looked down at his wife in awe. “You know how the baby is feeling?”

She smiled serenely. “It’s all very simple needs… just basics of what she’ll feel as a baby on the outside but yes, I can tell how she is feeling.”

“That’s amazing.” Harry whispered and then he felt a small bump against his hand. “Was that her?”

“It was.”

Harry felt lightheaded. “That is so amazing.” He sat up to place a kiss on her tummy. “Thank you for moving for me.”

“We really should pick out a name for her.” Ginny said suddenly. “I’m positive that she’s a girl.”

“Oh… I dunno.” Harry tried to think of something but all he knew is that he wanted to use his mother’s name.

“I think we’ll use Lily as her middle name, what do you think?”

He grinned and kissed her soundly. “It’s nice that you know what I want.”

Ginny’s face became serious. “I want to name her Serenity.”

“Serenity Lily Potter…” Harry said it out loud to see how it sounded. “I like it… why Serenity?”

“Because we finally have it… serenity and peace in our world. Real peace, not just a calm between two storms.” Ginny’s eyes filled with tears. She did that often now that she was pregnant.

“I like the name and if you want, that’s what we’ll name her.” He grinned as a thought occurred to him. “I can’t wait until we have to tell Emily and Nicole that they have to pronounce the name Serenity if they want to talk to their baby sister.”

She giggled. “We can use a nickname… Ren. The girls will be able to say that.” She sighed happily and leaned against his shoulder. “I can already tell that the only thing that will be serene about her will be her name. She’s going to have the best of both of us as far as spirit goes.” She smiled when he kissed her.

“I love you.” He deepened the kiss and she groaned. “Are you up for a bit of creative lovemaking?”

Ginny groaned again when he moved down to her neck. “I think we can work around my changed figure.”

“I like your changed figure.” Harry informed her before moving just south of her collarbone. “I especially appreciate how other parts of you have grown since you’ve gotten pregnant.”

She giggled and hit his arm lightly. “You prat! I thought you liked my breasts the way they were before…” She let out a moan when he kissed her again. “Before they grew from the baby… oh.” She let out a soft sigh.

“I did.” He said huskily as he moved back up to her mouth. “But I can enjoy your new body as well.”

“Right… less talking Harry.”

“Anything you want love.”



Sunday March 28th- 4pm- The Nursery:

“Ren, can you move?” Erik asked Ginny’s stomach, his hand on her belly. Emily and Nicole had put their hands on their Mummy’s belly for about thirty seconds before they lost interest and moved off to play with Tyler.

Bill grinned at Erik. “She’ll move soon. Be patient.”

“I’m trying Uncle Bill!” Erik sighed in exasperation. Harry, Ginny and Bill smiled at each other. It was tough on the four year old to wait for very long.

“How far along are you now?” Bill asked his sister. “You’re starting to really stick out.”

Ginny laughed. “Thanks Bill. It’s sweet of you to say so.”

He winked at her. “You know what I mean.”

“About twenty-two weeks so five months.”

“I think you look beautiful.” Harry told her.

She smiled at him. “Thank you.” She glared at Bill but then broke into a smile. “I’m not that big yet.” She smiled at Erik and moved his hand a few inches to the left. “Now feel.”

“I feeled it Mummy!” Erik cried excitedly. At hearing their brother’s excitement, Emily and Nicole left Tyler, who was playing with Boo and ran over to their mother.

“Mumma… beebee.” Nicole cried and Ginny put each of their small hands on her belly where Serenity Potter was moving.

“Now you two should be feeling it.” Ginny told her daughters.

Emily looked at Ginny’s stomach and then held her arms out to be lifted up. “Mummy…”

Ginny sighed and picked her up. “It’s all right Emily. I love you.” She cuddled the small girl to her and kissed the top of her head. Nicole quickly lost interest in Ginny’s stomach and she and Erik moved over to pet Boo, who was purring contentedly. Tyler was petting her head, probably not as gently as he should have but Boo did not seem to mind since the baby was not pulling out fur. Emily finally squirmed off of Ginny’s lap and went to join her siblings and cousin.

“What was that about?” Harry asked Ginny as he gazed at Emily.

“She was just feeling a little insecure about the baby. She’s starting to understand about the baby and she’s unsure about it.” Ginny explained. “It’s better for now but she’ll probably want to be cuddled more for awhile.”

“Mrs. Potter, Miss.” Harry looked over to see Dobby in the doorway.

“Yes Dobby?” Ginny asked.

“Madam Pomfrey says that she needs you, there is a baby to be born.”

“Thank you Dobby.” She smiled at Dobby. Harry was out of his chair and assisting her to stand in an instant. “I’ll see you later, love.” She looked over at the children. “Give me a hugs kids. Mummy has to go help a baby to be born.”



Monday March 29th-3am- Harry and Ginny’s Room:

“Ginny?” Harry mumbled when he heard their bedroom door open.

“I’m home love.” She whispered and he heard her change quickly before crawling in to bed and snuggling up to him. “I am so tired.”

He kissed her softly. “Did it go all right?”

She yawned. “It did. Ashley Renee Longbottom made it into the world safely and Padma is doing great. Neville fainted though.”

Harry chuckled. “You’ll have to tell me all about it later.”

“I will.” She kissed his cheek before she turned onto her side and rested her head on his shoulder. “Don’t wake me for classes.”

“I won’t.”
Reviews 68
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear