Search:

SIYE Time:10:01 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Demons In The Dreams
By YelloWitchGrl

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP, Post-Hogwarts
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Action/Adventure, Comedy, Drama
Warnings: Death, Extreme Language, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 156
Summary: Ginny and Harry are Aurors and together they struggle to survive their inner demons. Dreams plague the pair as they try to deal with the past and survive their future. Why does Ginny dream of her past as if it were the present? This is a puzzle/mystery that will keep you guessing until the very end.
Hitcount: Story Total: 127270; Chapter Total: 6740







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


“You silly girl! Do you honestly think that you can defeat me?” The cold voice that had once belonged to a sixteen year old that she had trusted, floated to her as he blocked a banishing spell.

“You owe me!” She screamed at him. “You stole my childhood you asshole! Detrimentum Capis!” She shouted the spell at him and he started to shake violently before he was able to throw it off.

“So the little girl knows a few dark curses. How informational. But I am finished with you.” He raised his wand towards her.

“NO!” She turned towards Harry to see that he was looking at her and his eyes were filled with fear. In an instant he had turned back to Voldemort and was swinging the sword wildly. Voldemort tried to throw a curse at the enraged young man but it could not reach him. Harry advanced on him on and thrust the sword at the stomach of Voldemort who was trying to retreat. Ginny acted without thinking and sent another banishing spell at his back, forcing the man to stumble forward. Harry sunk the sword in to the hilt and twisted it around. “You are finished.” He growled and he let go of the sword.

Ginny swallowed and watched in horror as the man before them disintegrated and a pale green wave shot out from him, hitting her and Harry and knocking them to the ground. For a moment Ginny felt as though she could not breathe. Her chest constricted and her vision began to blur. Then just as soon as it started, the pain stopped and she was able to focus beyond the pain.

“Harry?” Her voice was hoarse as she turned over and struggled to her feet. She looked up and saw him also fighting to rise from the ground. Ginny watched in fascinated horror as he finally teetered to his feet and looked down at the empty robes that once housed Tom Riddle. “Are you okay?” She called over to him but again he did not react to her voice. She followed his gaze and noticed that the sword, which had been Harry’s constant companion for the past year, was now covered in blood. Suddenly the blood seemed to run from the blade of the sword. She blinked, sure that she was seeing things but when she opened her eyes she gasped to see that the sword was shimmering. A screamed rippled through the dusk and her head snapped back around to the others who were dueling near the castle.

“We have to go!” Ginny screamed at Harry, ignoring the roaring in her ears. “He’s dead but Ron and Hermione are still holding off the others!” Tears were streaming down her face, leaving trails through the grime that covered her from head to toe. She stared in horror at the tall, dark haired teen that was not moving amidst the chaos. They were in the middle of the battle and if they did not go soon they were going to be killed. “It isn’t over Harry! Please!” She smacked his face before she pulled him into a quick hug and whispering in his ear. “We need to go.”

She seemed to have finally reached him because he nodded and took off running for where Ron and Hermione were fighting side by side with the DA and faculty, against hundreds of Death Eaters. Ginny glanced back, not even seeing the Forbidden Forest in the distance. She saw first the empty robes that had once belonged to Tom Riddle and then finally her gaze was drawn unwillingly to the still body of their Headmaster. She held in a sob and turned back to the fight. It was not over; not even close to finished.

“Mummy?” Ginny spun around quickly and was amazed to see the small boy standing behind her on the battlefield.

“So… this is a dream then?” She looked expectantly into his green eyes.

He nodded. “You need to see, Mummy. It was important and you aren’t seeing it.”

She shook her head in confusion. “I don’t know what you are talking about.”

“Look over there and tell me what you see.” He pointed back behind her and slowly she turned to see Dumbledore’s still form and Tom Riddle’s empty robes.

She glanced down at the small boy who had walked up to her and had taken her hand. “I don’t see anything.” Ginny replied sadly.

“It’s gone, Mummy.” He looked up at her pleadingly. “You knew it was but you forget and you can’t forget or the bad man will be able to be like the evil man.”

“Forget?” She turned back and studied the scene. “What is gone? Can’t you just tell me?”

Tears ran down his small, chubby cheeks. “I can’t Mummy. You have to see it for yourself or you won’t remember. He made sure that you wouldn’t remember and it has taken me years to be able to get you to finally see it. Both you and Daddy forgot and then forgot again. But Mummy, please look carefully. It is the reason.”

“I don’t see it.” She sighed. “I’m sorry.”

He got a determined look on his young face that was so reminiscent of Harry that Ginny could not help but smile. “We’ll see it again but this time… you’ll watch.” The world around her began to swirl and she found herself watching the fight.

Ginny watched herself try and take on Voldemort to give Harry a chance at killing him.

“You silly girl! Do you honestly think that you can defeat me?” The cold voice that had once belonged to a sixteen year old that she had trusted, floated to her as he blocked a banishing spell.

“You owe me!” She screamed at him. “You stole my childhood you asshole! Detrimentum Capis!” She shouted the spell at him and he started to shake violently before he was able to throw it off.

“So the little girl knows a few dark curses. How informational. But I am finished with you.” He raised his wand towards her.

The small boy pulled on her arm and Ginny’s mouth fell open as everyone around her froze. “You started this, Mummy.”

“With that spell?” She asked in horror. The curse was one that caused the victim to have seizures. “How did that start this?”

“The evil man fought it off but he lost something when he did. You saw it but then you forgot because the bad man wanted you to.” He pointed back at her dream self and she watched the fight continue.

“NO!” She turned towards Harry to see that he was looking at her and his eyes were filled with fear. In an instant he had turned back to Voldemort and was swinging the sword wildly. Voldemort tried to throw a curse at the enraged young man but it could not reach him. Harry advanced on him on and thrust the sword at the stomach of Voldemort who was trying to retreat. Ginny acted without thinking and sent another banishing spell at his back, forcing the man to stumble forward. Harry sunk the sword in to the hilt and twisted it around. “You are finished.” He growled and he let go of the sword.

Ginny swallowed and watched in horror as the man before them disintegrated and a pale green wave shot out from him, hitting her and Harry and knocking them to the ground. For a moment Ginny felt as though she could not breathe. Her chest constricted and her vision began to blur. Then just as soon as it started, the pain stopped and she was able to focus beyond the pain.

“Harry?” Her voice was hoarse as she turned over and struggled to her feet. She looked up and saw him also fighting to rise from the ground. Ginny watched in fascinated horror as he finally teetered to his feet and looked down at the empty robes that once housed Tom Riddle. “Are you okay?” She called over to him but again he did not react to her voice. She followed his gaze and noticed that the sword, which had been Harry’s constant companion for the past year, was now covered in blood. Suddenly the blood seemed to run from the blade of the sword. She blinked, sure that she was seeing things but when she opened her eyes she gasped to see that the sword was shimmering. A screamed rippled through the dusk and her head snapped back around to the others who were dueling near the castle.

“That’s it.” His small voice floated up to her. “You were distracted and you forgot.”

She looked back at the scene. She saw them watching the sword and then she had turned back towards the fight. The sword but it… wasn’t it gone?

“You see it now.” He whispered. “Wake up and tell Daddy before you can forget. He killed the evil man with it and that made it very powerful but your spell hurt the evil man in a way he had not expected. You made the evil leave him…”

“And it went into the sword.”

His small eyes widened. “Please Mummy! The bad man is trying to figure out how to use the evil… he wants it and that was why he wanted to get you and Daddy.”

Ginny felt her mouth drop open. “The evil went into us too.”

“Yes! If he used the same curse on you and Daddy that you used on the evil man, then he could get the evil from you. He could be more bad.” He put his arms out and she picked him up to cradle him. “You are so smart Mummy but the bad man made you forget. You knew this when you were sixteen but he stopped you from remembering. You need to stop him now. He can still hurt a lot of people with the sword.”

“I’ll stop him.” She kissed his small cheek and pulled him in closer. “I promise you that I will stop him.”


“Oh damn.” Ginny whispered as her eyes flew open.

Harry awoke instantly. “Are you all right, Gin?”

She glanced over at his concerned face. “I had another dream and I had our problem pointed out to us by a small version of you.”

“What?” He pulled her close and began to run his hand through her hair. “Are you feeling all right?”

“Yes.” She let out a slow sigh before relating the dream to him.

“Oh damn.” His voice shook as he swore.

“My thoughts exactly.”

BREAK

“There is good news and there is bad news.” Tonks informed them the next morning as they met in the conference room.

“The good news is that Draco Malfoy did not know anything.” Ron lamented.

“That is the good news?” Ginny asked him skeptically.

He nodded but Tonks was the one to speak up. “The bad news is that all of the Death Eaters have their marks back. What is even better is that they cannot tell us when they came back. They only knew that they have been there for some time.”

“What does this mean for us?” Kingsley asked pensively. “Are we looking at the return of Voldemort?”

“No.” Ginny and Harry answered together, both of their voices were firm.

“How’d you know?” Ron studied them carefully as he questioned them.

Harry ran his hand through his disheveled hair and glanced sideways at her before answering. “Ginny’s dreams have become helpful. She is starting to break through the possession and fight the memory blocks that he put in place. She figured out last night how Malfoy is doing whatever he is doing.”

Tonks cleared her throat before speaking. “Are you sure that Ginny’s dreams aren’t more of Malfoy interfering?”

“We can’t be sure but I feel like this is truly my own mind trying to help me realize the truth.” Ginny looked down at her hands and noticed, surreptitiously, that they were trembling. She clasped them tightly together to hide it but Harry had seen. He covered her hands with one of his own and she felt a sense of calm fill her.

“We still haven’t answered how Niggs knew that the bonding was going to happen and we also have no idea how he was able to get into the Department of Mysteries.” Kingsley’s slow and deep voice seemed to fill the room and reverberate off of the walls that had extensive silencing charms placed upon them. “I also want to know why a Death Eater would use a muggle knife to kill himself.”

Ginny straightened. “I think that he did it because he could. He knew that you would take his wand but the knife was easy to conceal.”

“But why would he kill himself?” Tonks glanced around Harry to look at her. “That part still doesn’t make sense to me. He’d just go to Azkaban for a few years. I can’t see anyone wanting to kill themselves over that.”

Ron leaned back in chair and put his arms behind his head as he stared up at the ceiling. “We are sure that he killed himself, then?”

“Yes, we are sure about that.” Kingsley replied. “The guards watched him do it.”

Something about how he said it caught Ginny’s attention. “What did the guards say happened exactly?”

Kingsley shuffled through the stack of parchment in front of him and pulled out a sheet that he passed down to her. “This is their report of the incident.”

Ginny looked down and read the account.

I looked up from my paperwork and saw him sleeping. I went back to writing and his movement caused me to look up. He sat up and stared straight at me but it didn’t look as if he was seeing me. He reached into his robes and pulled out the knife before slicing his own throat. I yelled for the other guard to go for help but he was dead within a minute.

“This just does not make sense. He was sleeping and then he woke up and killed himself?” Ginny shook her head and stood. “He could be possessed but Lucius Malfoy would never order someone to use a muggle knife. He is fanatic about being anti-muggle. I can’t see him using it!”

“But what about the dark mark?” Harry posed the next question carefully. “That is a Death Eater’s mark so how is it that someone who will use muggle means could bring back Voldemort’s symbol?”

“This is getting stranger every minute.” Ron muttered and he stood to pace around the room. “I can’t make sense of any of this!”

“So what do we do now?” Kingsley’s tone halted Ron’s steps. He sounded in control and it was as if he were asking them to take charge.

Harry slowly rubbed his fingers over the skin on her hands. “I think that we have to catch Malfoy. We need to actively search for him and not dick around anymore. He is at the center of this and we need to question him.”

“Maybe if we find…” Ginny went back to the notes from when they had questioned Niggs. “If we can find Malcolm Baddock and whoever this Tracey woman is.”

“Malcolm was in Slytherin and I think there was a Tracey in our year.” Harry looked over at Ron for confirmation.

“Tracey Davis was in our year and in Slytherin but it wouldn’t be her.” Ron answered.

“Why not?” Harry asked, somewhat indignantly.

“She was a half-blood.” Ginny answered for Ron.


A/N: So now what do you think? *evil grin* Thank you for all the reviews and for the support!!!

Thank you to Blumnkymn for the use of the spell "Detrimentum Capis"
Reviews 156
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear