Search:

SIYE Time:9:43 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Demons In The Dreams
By YelloWitchGrl

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP, Post-Hogwarts
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Action/Adventure, Comedy, Drama
Warnings: Death, Extreme Language, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 156
Summary: Ginny and Harry are Aurors and together they struggle to survive their inner demons. Dreams plague the pair as they try to deal with the past and survive their future. Why does Ginny dream of her past as if it were the present? This is a puzzle/mystery that will keep you guessing until the very end.
Hitcount: Story Total: 127617; Chapter Total: 6625







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


“Are you okay?” Harry kneeled in front of her and grinned bemusedly as he gazed into her eyes. She was sitting on the couch at the Burrow with the rest of her sisters, while the men were busy preparing dinner with her mother. Ginny was the only six months along but Hermione was due soon and all of the other women had about a month to go.

“I’m fine.” She assured him, yet again. “Why aren’t you in there cooking? You do realize that you are one of the only men in this house that can actually cook, right?”

He chuckled before gazing around at all the others who were talking quietly. “I’m the sacrificial lamb.” He informed her.

“The what?” Ginny asked in confusion.

“Never mind… muggle slang. Anyway, the rest of the men didn’t want to come in here while all of the women were gathered to complain.” He winked and then winced when Hermione yelled at him.

“Harry, I can’t believe you actually said that!” Hermione glared at him and he cowered slightly under her murderous stare.

He leaned over and quickly kissed Ginny’s belly and patted it lovingly before standing and moving over to kiss Hermione’s cheek. He straightened and looked around. “Can I get any of you beautiful ladies something to drink?”

“No, but I have to use the loo.” Penelope informed him.

“Yes ma’am.” He walked over and helped her to stand from the couch.

She patted his cheek affectionately. “Thank you.” She slowly waddled out of the room to use the facilities.

“Anyone else?” Harry’s happy face turned to look at all of the very pregnant women.

Hermione raised one eyebrow before turning to look at Ginny. “You know, I think that bonding to you has given him the ability to actually be flirtatious.”

“It must be.” Ginny agreed with a straight face as Harry blushed. “He wasn’t nearly this charming when I married him.”

~*~

“Just a bit further.” Harry assured her as he they walked down a dirt lane a week later. The sun shown on them as they walked, warming then on that late spring morning. Ginny looked around at all of the trees that lined the lane and smiled as she saw a deer scamper away from them. She giggled quietly as she remembered her brothers who had once been scared witless by a dear near their home. She had been six and she’d told them it was a dragon. It was amazing that they had actually believed her. She sighed in contentment. Ginny was grateful that she was once again very close to all of her siblings.

“Where are we going?” She asked him yet again.

He shook his head. “I really want this to be a surprise. It’s just around this bend.” He pointed ahead. They continued to walk and slowly they made their way around to where he had pointed. Ginny placed a hand over her swollen belly as she caught sight of the large house that met her eyes. It was a beautiful old Victorian that was white with blue shutters. There was even a turret off of the top floor and a large porch.

“Oh my.” Her breath hitched as she looked at it.

Harry walked behind her and placed her hands around her middle, resting over their child. He bent down and kissed her neck. “Our flat is really too small.”

“Can we afford this?’ Ginny asked in a whisper. She loved it already and was hopeful that it could be their home.

He chuckled and it reverberated through her, causing their baby to jump in her belly, turning over and pushing against Harry’s hand. He rubbed the spot lovingly. “It doesn’t really matter because we already own it.”

“What?” She turned in his arms to look up into his face. “How can we already own a house and I not know about it?”

“I didn’t know either.” He assured her quickly. “I went to meet with the goblins about us possibly getting a loan for a house but my account manager asked if I was going to sell this place. Apparently Dumbledore was supposed to have told me about it but he died before he got the chance.”

“Oh.” She glanced over her shoulder at the house. “It is a very large house.” She bit her lip and looked back up at him.

“Yeah.” He agreed before leaning down to kiss her. “Apparently my great-grandparents had lots of children. It’s too bad that there aren’t any of them left.”

“War is terrible.” Ginny whispered softly. She tried to smile and come up with something happy to say. “Do we fill the house, then?”

“I think that we can.” He replied casually. He bent down to kiss the spot right behind her ear and she shivered. “If that is what you want.”

“I think you can persuade me.”

“I love you.” He whispered softly in her ear.

“I love you too.” She grinned and backed away from him before holding out her hand. “Come on. Let’s go explore our new house.”

-The End-


A/N: Again, I hope you liked it! Thanks for all the reviews.
Reviews 156
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear