Search:

SIYE Time:16:44 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


I'm not a broom cupboard, snogging type of girl
By Lenna

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 17
Summary: Ginny doesn't like the idea of snogging in broom cupboards. Harry tries to change her view.
Hitcount: Story Total: 12783







ChapterPrinter


“I hate potions!” Ginny sighed as she sat down for lunch beside Hermione and Ron with Harry sitting across them.
She was just in time to grab a bite to eat.
“Don’t we all?” said Harry as he picked at his potatoes.
They nodded and murmured in agreement.
“Professor Snape made me stay behind and clean up his room after a boy blew up his cauldron and the potion went everywhere and even on me” said a disgusted Ginny showing the holes made by the acid in the hem of her robes.
“Reminds me of Neville” Hermione said remembering when she tried to help him.
“A teacher can’t hold back a student for something they didn’t do right?” said Ron.
“Trust me they find their ways, and I wouldn’t contradict Snape” said Harry.
Out of Ginny’s eye she could see Cho and Michael Corner come in through the Great Hall beaming so wide it looked like their heads would split apart.
They had the “I just shagged a heartthrob” appearance with Michael’s hair in all directions and a hickey appearing on Cho’s neck.
“You know they just snogged in a broom cupboard” Hermione said with a snort.
“That’s sick” said Ginny turning to look.
“What?” asked Harry apparently not noticing the couple till Ginny turned.
Harry noticed that neither Ginny nor himself cared to see their ex’s together.
“Snogging in a broom cupboard” Ginny said turning to look at him.
Right when Harry was about to ask why, the bell rang for them to proceed to their next period.
“Great! And I didn’t eat anything!” said an exasperated Ginny as she swung her bag over her shoulder and grabbed her books.
“Here Ginny” said Harry as he threw a package of chocolate frogs in her direction before he went to catch up with Ron and Hermione
During Harry’s next class he was caught wondering what had made Ginny hate broom cupboards so much. He decided to ask her later and tried listening to Professor Flitwick who was rambling on even though most of the class was asleep or not paying attention.

Ginny was in one of her favorite classes besides Charms, Care of Magical Creatures. “Today” boomed Hagrid addressing the class “ we be learning about fire crabs”
“Now I got the crabs over here but I don’t want ya to get burned so I got these gloves and…oh no I don’t…drat” said Hagrid as he pondered where he had placed them.
“Ms. Weasley would ya be so kind to get me tha huge bucket of gloves inside the school the first broom cupboard to ya right near professor Sprout’s green houses” Hagrid said
“Sure thing Professor” said Ginny.
After getting lost twice Ginny came to the right broom cupboard. She opened it and discovered two first years making out.
“SCRAM!” screamed Ginny not the least sympathetic as she watched the first years scramble out to get away from her. Ginny ignored the looks they were giving her as she grabbed the bucket filled with gloves and made her way back to Hagrid’s.
When she got there many kids from her class were missing. Apparently Hagrid decided to start the class without the gloves and several kids got burned and had to be taken to Madame Pomfrey. “Sorry ‘bout that” puffed Hagrid as he came back. “Now let’s begin”
The class soon ended with her robes more trashed by the fire crabs. Ginny went off to Transfiguration and then to Charms before her day was over.

In the Common Room, after dinner, Ginny sat in her usual chair doing astronomy homework before Harry came up from behind her.
“So Ginny” Harry said collapsing on the couch beside Ginny, “Tell me what was so unfortunate in your life to ban you from broom cupboards?” Harry continued with amusement in his voice.
“Shut up” smirked Ginny before returning to her book. She hoped Harry didn’t really want to know.
“No really” said Harry and Ginny sighed.
“Well since you’re so intrigued I’ll tell you” Ginny said putting her knees under her and placing the book aside.
“First off, they’re not the least romantic” she said counting on her hand.
“Well they aren’t supposed to be romantic, just a place to hide and have a quick snog” replied Harry.
“That’s just it! There’s no planning for a secret place or anything. It like me saying “Let’s jump into the broom cupboard even though we’ll be squished like sardines!” she replied
“Alright fine, now what else” said Harry trying not to think about what Ginny had said. Really he didn’t mind the thought of them together.
“The second one is that you get caught by teachers or some other couple barges in on you!” Ginny said.
“That’s the whole adventure, not getting caught!” said Harry leaning forward toward Ginny.
“Humph, well the third is from personal experience” Ginny said as her mind wandered back to where she dated Michael. “You get hit with objects in the damned thing!” she stated.
Flashback~
“Come on Ginny” Michael said tugging her hand and leading her to a broom closet.
Ginny being this her first time and all followed with excitement and a smile on her face.
“In here” he said beaming as they went inside a crammed cupboard.
Ginny didn’t like it from the start, with a box jabbing into her back she pressed up against the wall. Her disappointment was soon gone when Michael cupped her face. His lips sought hers and Ginny was soon in a golden heaven.
Right when things were about to get good out of nowhere a mop fell on her head. For a moment she saw stars before she blanked out. When Ginny came to she found that she was alone and was in an awkward position in the cupboard. Realization hit her. Michael had left her here unconscious and she had missed a class already. Ginny cursed under her breath as she jumped up to go to Potions, swearing that she would never go into a broom cupboard ever again along the way.
~ End of Flashback~
Ginny came to and realized she had blanked out on Harry. “I’m sorry your escapade wasn’t as enjoyable” snorted Harry at the thought of Ginny getting hit on the back of the head by a broom.
“So Harry, you know from experience” questioned Ginny raising her eyebrows.
“Maybe” replied Harry smiling.
“ Oh and another thing that disgusts me is the idea that boys go around swapping saliva with all these other girls” shuddered Ginny.
“Not to worry I’ve only kissed one” said Harry
“Cho?” asked Ginny
“Yeah, well how ‘bout you?” Harry asked her changing the subject. He wasn’t very proud of talking about the “kisses” he had shared with Cho.
“Umm, two counting an unexpected one from Colin” mumbled Ginny embarrassed.
Harry laughed out loud. “Everyone thinks he’s gay…” he muttered toward her.
“He is” sniffed Ginny.
“And he kissed you anyway?” asked Harry eyebrows raised.
“Yep, guess I was just to tempting for him to handle” said Ginny and at that Harry snorted.
“Sure” he replied. Ginny tried not to let the comment get to her.
“Well thanks for sharing” he said before getting up to go to bed.
“Good nite” he called as he climbed the stairs to the boy’s dormitories.
Ginny hadn’t realized the time flying by.
She cursed and decided to do half of her potions essay today and half at lunch before she climbed up to the Girl’s dormitories. She went to bed with the thoughts that it wouldn’t have been so bad to kiss Harry.

Harry had gotten up very early in the morning. In fact he couldn’t sleep all night and if he did it was probably just a few minutes at a time. Harry was a mess thinking of Ginny Weasley. Over the few weeks of getting back to school she was like an entirely new person. But maybe she was always the way she was and Harry just hadn’t noticed. She was outrageously funny, cracking jokes every chance she got reminding him very much of Fred and George except she was a whole lot sexier and was cute the way she mimicked Professor Snape which always sent Ron rolling to the floor with laughter, Hermione hitting him with a book saying something along the lines of “Show respect Ron” before letting a giggle escape her lips.
Ginny pranced around the school with an air of confidence leaving the shy and blushing girl Harry knew locked away. He noticed how her smile lit the room and the way she would flip her hair over her shoulders while she talked, which was always with her hands. Her eyes were always expressive and Harry knew that if he stared long enough he would see into her soul. Harry decided on his bed that morning that he was in love with Ginny Weasley. This was no crush and he had to get her to know how he felt. Beginning with changing her attitude on broom cupboards. He started to make a plan.

In the morning Ginny woke up early and ate breakfast before Hermione and Ron. Harry was nowhere to be seen. When she just finished stuffing a croissant in her mouth, hands came up out of nowhere and covered her eyes. “Guess who” said a voice. She grasped the person’s hands and pretended to have trouble deciding. Ginny discovered over the years that she could always tell a person by their hands and Ginny knew exactly where a scar was on Harry’s hands, one he got from Dudley throwing something at him. Ginny decided to play along.
“Professor Snape? Nah how about Flitwick…no that’s not it, It’s Harry!” she said taking off his hands.
Harry smiled before sitting himself down beside Ginny. “I have something to show you” he said to her.
“Well I’m about to go to Transfiguration, you know I have it first and all and…” Ginny stopped talking when she noticed Harry’s face, he looked serious.
“Fine” she huffed, “But I’m carrying my stuff along with me”
“Perfect” Harry said.
After they got out of the Great Hall, Harry whipped out a black bandana.
“What’s that for?” asked Ginny.
“ To cover your eyes” replied Harry as he looped it around her head.
“Why?” questioned Ginny, but Harry didn’t say anything as he tied a knot on the back of her head. This filled her with excitement.
Harry led her down a corridor with Ginny grasping onto his hands. She was afraid she would trip down a stair or something just as dangerous.
They soon came to a stop and Harry asked Ginny to give him her things.
She obliged with a smile but Harry still hadn’t taken off the bandana closing her eyes.
She heard Harry open a door and made her step inside. Everything was pitch black and Harry had let go of her hands.
“Harry?” she said suddenly scared. Harry shushed her and began taking off the bandana. Ginny could make out his outline.
“I know this isn’t romantic or secret but bear with me” he said. Ginny heard him quietly say lumos so they could both see. They were in a rather spacious broom cupboard.
“Harry I told you I don’t like…” but before Ginny could finish he put a finger to her lips.
“No more talking” he whispered which sent chills down Ginny’s spine.
“Come here” he whispered as he stepped closer to her. With a gentle hand he cupped her face and Ginny was once again reminded of her encounter with Michael. Ginny was in a state of shock. Here was Harry and herself in a broom cupboard! She could hear her breathe quicken and she felt as though Harry could hear her own heartbeat pounding in her ears.
Ginny could feel Harry’s breath on her face and she closed her eyes briefly when she opened them again she saw Harry leaning to her and he kissed her softly. Lips that were so soft and gentle touched hers in a manner of almost reverence that made Ginny want to collapse in his arms. She couldn’t believe this was happening. Harry had shown no interest in her all these years yet here he was, kissing her!
Ginny was taken aback but soon recovered and allowed Harry to kiss her again this time with more emotion and Ginny kissed him back. Her hands started wandering up from his neck to his hair and one of Harry’s hands went behind her head and another on her cheek. He gently stopped kissing her and pressed a light kiss on her lips as though he couldn’t get enough of her. In fact Harry thought he really couldn’t get enough of this redheaded Weasley.
“Ginny” he breathed putting his forehead against hers, “I want to forever experience all sorts of broom cupboard escapades with you” he said softly. “No matter if we get caught of if you go unconscious know I’ll never leave you.”
Ginny knew he was serious but she let a giggle escape her lips. Harry took off his forehead from hers and stared at her. He thought she was laughing at what he said. “I do too Harry” she whispered smiling.
“I’ve never felt this way about any other girl; I don’t know how to put into words what I feel for you…I…” Harry said staring into her eyes.
“Then don’t say it, show me” she said softly before leaning forward and capturing Harry’s lips in hers. After a few more minutes of snogging they noticed the bell had already rang.
“Ginny, you’ll be late for Transfiguration” said Harry in between kisses.
“Who cares about Transfiguration!” she said as she kissed Harry back. In the back of her mind she knew Professor McGonagall would be furious but she pushed it aside.
Harry smiled and leaned toward her again knowing he had changed Ginny Weasley’s view on broom cupboards.
“Maybe I was wrong” was the only coherent thought that Ginny had before returning to her nirvana that she knew would never go away from her no matter what the circumstances.





A/N - i was bored so i wrote a quicky...hope you liked it!
Reviews 17
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear