Search:

SIYE Time:9:02 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


The Wedding
By scruffy

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 8
Summary: One version of Harry and Ginny's wedding.
Hitcount: Story Total: 4944







ChapterPrinter


Harry Potter followed Ginny Weasley out the Burrow's kitchen door and into the cool night air as he had on may occasions since the defeat of Voldemort He was now a top seeker in the league playing for the Chudley Cannons. Ginny was working for her twin brother's company Weasley's Wizard Wheezes officially running the office but in reality she was involved in new product development. She just didn't what people knowing that.

Harry had been her boyfriend since her fifth year and she was concerned as to what he was up to. He had been turning up in the most unexpected places, always with an excuse, but when she asked the other parties all she got was red faces and stammered answers. It didn't help that one of those stammered answers came from Hermione Grainger, Her best girlfriend and main confidant. And to top it off now her own mother and father were looking at her funny. All this was running through her mind as Harry walked beside her through the fields around the Burrow.

"Ah Ginny, I have something I would like to ask you," Harry said.

"Okay," Ginny said stopping and looking at her boyfriend. What is he so nervous about? Even facing Voldemort I never saw him this nervous.

"Ginny Weasley would you marry me?" Harry said as calmly as he could. He had been practicing for a week to insure he could get those words out of his mouth without tripping over them.

"What!" Ginny exclaimed in shock as she watched Harry's face drop and his expression start to harden as he got his courage back up to ask again. Say yes, say yes! "Harry of course I will marry you. I just didn't expect you to ask me "that" question right now," Ginny said throwing herself into his embrace. This is what has been going on. This is why my parents were looking at me funny when I left the Burrow. They knew, Hermione knew!! She didn't even drop a hint. I am going to kill her. Then all thoughts left her head as Harry held her tight and kissed her.

Later that evening after Harry had produced a ring with a big diamond in a beautiful setting and placed in on her finger they headed back to the Burrow. Ginny and Harry were holding hands and talking low. "Was I the last one to know?" Ginny asked.

"Not really."

"Who doesn't know?"

"Most everyone. I mean I talked with Hermione, Sirius, and your parents, but that was about it," Harry replied.

"My parents and Sirius I can understand but Hermione?" Ginny asked.

"She saw me one day deep in thought and well you know how persistent she can be. Once she knew what was on my mind she was my sounding board letting me talk this out."

"Okay that makes sense."

Approaching the Burrow they could see Molly, Ginny's mother, working in the kitchen stealing an occasional glance out the window looking for them. "I guess we should go in and let them know the out come," Harry said.

"Oh I think they know, but this might be the last moment we have alone for a while," Ginny replied looking up at Harry and pulling him close.

Harry took the hint and bent down to kiss his fiancée. She said yes! Oh wow, We are getting married!

Molly grabbed her daughter in a hug as she came through the door crying, "My baby is getting married."

"I guess it's official now," Arthur, Ginny's father, said as he shook Harry's hand.

"Yes sir."

"Harry, don't be so formal you can call me Arthur."

"Arthur if you don't mind Ginny and I talked this over just now and well… Would it be alright if I just called you Dad and Mrs. Weasley, Mum?" Harry asked nervously.

"I would be honored Harry but check with Molly about it," Mr. Weasley said with a twinkle in his eye.

"Talk with me about what?" Mrs. Weasley asked as she released Ginny from her hug and turned to Harry.

"Harry was asking if it was ok to call us Dad and Mum instead of what you and I had discussed," Mr. Weasley explained.

"Of course! Good Lord He's been like a son to us since we met him. Why he even has a hand on our clock," Mrs. Weasley said as she pulled him in for one of her big hugs.

Sitting around the kitchen table Mrs. Weasley asked, "I don't mean to pry Harry but are you sure about calling us Mum and Dad given, well you know what I mean."

Harry new she was referring to his parents death. "Yes, surprisingly Sirius even talked to me about it. He asked what I planned to call you two and said that Mr. & Mrs. Weasley just wouldn't do. I said Arthur and Molly didn't feel right and he suggested Mum and Dad saying that was what my father called my Mum's parents. I knew right then that was what I wanted to call you."

"Oh Harry," Mrs. Weasley said.

"I've got to get an owl off to Hermione. If I don't she will kill me," Ginny said getting up from the table and heading to the desk.

"And all your brothers," Mrs. Weasley added.

"I suppose I should owl Sirius, he can tell Professor Lupin," Harry said.

"We don't have enough owls," Mr. Weasley said.

"I'll send my owl to the twins, Harry can send Hedwig to Sirius and you can send yours to Percy. Then when they come back we can send them to Bill and Charlie," Ginny said.

"What about Ron and Hermione?" Mrs. Weasley asked.

"Where do you think Harry and I are headed from here. This night has just started for us," Ginny said taking quill in hand.

Two owls left containing notes saying, "Harry and I got engaged tonight. Will owl with details when we have them. Love Ginny." the third owl headed out to Sirius carrying a note that read, "She said yes. talk to you later."



Hermione was in her apartment studying for her advanced wizard history degree, when someone knocked at her door. If that's Ron He's fifteen minutes early and he can wait outside until I get this chapter done. Hermione thought opening her door. Seeing a beaming Harry standing beside a blushing Ginny she quickly looked down at Ginny's left hand. "He did it, He actually did it. Congratulations Ginny!" Hermione exclaimed sweeping Ginny up in a big hug.

"Hi Hermione," Harry said as he looked on.

"Hi Harry, you finally went ahead with it I see."

"Yes, Thanks for your help."

"I can't believe you didn't tell me. He said you two talked all about this," Ginny said looking at Hermione.

"I did promise him I would keep it a secret. He wanted to check with your parents and Sirius. Then He had to find a ring," Hermione said as she brought Ginny's hand up to look at the ring.

"What do you think?" Ginny asked as her friend looked at it.

"If you ever get mad don't hit him with this hand. That will leave a big dent in his face."

"Did I over do it?" Harry asked concerned.

"No but you came close," Hermione said.

"Where's Ron?" Ginny asked changing the subject. She liked her ring just the way it was not matter what Hermione thought.

"He's due here in about ten minutes. Why?"

"He doesn't know. Harry and I want to tell him in person. We've already sent owls to the twins and Percy. When they get back Mum will owl Bill and Charlie."

"So have you set a date yet?"

"No we want to contact our maid of honor and best man before we chose a date," Ginny said still smiling.

"Oh, Who have you chosen?" Hermione asked trying to think of who Ginny would choose.

"You and Ron of course!" Harry said before Ginny could reply.

"Me, Maid of honor?" Hermione asked looking at Ginny who was just nodding her head. The girls grabbed each other in another hug and started bouncing around the room as someone knocked at the door. "Get that Harry. It should be Ron," Hermione said still bouncing with Ginny.

"Hi Ron. Come on in," Harry said opening the door.

"Hi Harry, What are you and Ginny doing here," Ron asked as he took in the scene of the two bouncing girls.

"Ginny was looking for a maid of honor. Me I'm looking for a best man, you willing?"

Maid of honor, best man? what is Harry getting at? Oh Merlin, they are getting married! "Does this mean what I think?" Ron asked.

"You sister did agree to marry me if that is what your asking," Harry replied.

Ron grabbed Harry's hand giving it a good shake. "All right mate. I guess this will make us brothers after all."

"Well brothers-in-law at least," Hermione said lifting Ginny's hand up to show Ron the ring.

"Bloody hell mate, you are going to be a hard act to follow giving a girl a ring that size," Ron exclaimed.

"It is not the size of the ring it's the thought behind it, Ron," Hermione said pointedly.

"Easy for you to say you don't have to buy one," Ron replied.

"Are you thinking of buying one Ron," Ginny asked innocently.

"Well ah," Ron stammered blushing red to the top of his head.

Hermione let him stew for a few moments then she kissed his cheek and said, "Why don't you and I take the happy couple out for the evening. We can discuss the other item later."

"Sounds great but Ron has not given me a answer," Harry said.

"What was the question," Ron asked puzzled.

"Will you be my best man?" Harry asked.

"Of course mate."

"Good, it will be the four of us together again," Ginny said kissing her brother. She then put her arm in Harry's and said, "Let's party."



* * *

The next day Ginny and her mother sat down and started planning. They had to find a wizard to perform the ceremony, a place for the ceremony, a place for the reception, and decide on a guest list. They were just getting started when Sirius arrived unannounced. "Hi Sirius, Mum and I were just starting to talk about the wedding plans," Ginny said.

"That's what I wanted to talk to your folks about Ginny. Would you mind if your mother and I talked alone for a bit?" Sirius asked.

"No I guess not," Ginny said heading out into the yard.

"Sorry about that Mrs. Weasley but I wanted to talk with you alone."

"Not a problem Sirius and call me Molly, we will be almost related shortly," Mrs. Weasley said.

"Okay Molly, I don't know of a nice way to say this so here goes. I would like to help pay for the wedding."

"There's no need Arthur and I can manage," Molly replied stiffly.

"I know you can and I didn't mean it that way. Harry's my only family. I need to help, I owe it to James and Lily. Please let me help to the extent you would let his family. I don't what to impose on what you and Ginny plan, I'm no good at planning things like that anyway I just want to do right by James and Lily."

Mrs. Weasley looked at the big man wringing his hands in the chair facing her. She knew she couldn't deny him what he wanted, "Sirius I will talk it over with Arthur. one of us will get back to you but please don't worry. Ginny told us that where ever his parents would be in the ceremony Harry wanted you there."

"I didn't know that," Sirius said dabbing at his eyes.

"Don't worry now would you go get your future God-daughter and tell her we have got a lot of plans to make," Mrs. Weasley said smiling at Sirius.

Everything went somewhat according to the plans Ginny and her mother made that day, until moments after the announcement of their engagement was published in the wizards newspaper "The Daily Prophet".

Once their engagement was public owls started arriving at the Burrow from all the wizarding world's newspapers and magazines requesting interviews with Ginny, Harry, or Harry and Ginny depending on that publications readership.

"Oh my stars, Mum what is going on?" Ginny asked.

"Let me see, you are marrying one of the most famous people in all the wizarding world. 'The boy who lived', 'The student who defeated the dark lord', and my personal favorite, 'the starting seeker for the all England Quidditch team.' What did you think would happen when word got out."

"Perhaps we should not have published the engagement in the paper?" Ginny said.

"Do you want every female to think he is still a eligible bachelor?" Mrs. Weasley asked.

"No, I don't want that."

"Welcome to his world Ginny. By the way I've heard from your Father. He was called in to the Minister's office today. The minister wanted to insure he was invited to the wedding."

"Oh no."

"Yes, so that means everyone in between needs to be invited too," Mrs. Weasley stated.

"I guess that means Harry's entire team gets invited too."

"And the owners and the league officers."

"Mum, That's too many people how can you and dad afford it?" Ginny asked concerned.

"Sirius is helping out. I guess the first thing I should do is owl him and the three of us have a meeting."

"Three?" Ginny asked puzzled.

"Sirius, your father and I," her Mother replied.

"Make it five. Harry and I will be there," Ginny said firmly convinced no one was taking over her wedding.





* * *

Wen they finally got together the next day there were eight at the meeting. The original five planned plus Ron, Hermione and the presiding Wizard at the wedding, Professor Dumbledore.

"I knew there would be a bit of a fuss at your wedding Harry but this is more than even I expected," Dumbledore said as they got underway.

"We should have just eloped," Ginny said to no one in particular.

"Why you two have nothing to be ashamed about," Her mother replied.

"But all these people who want wedding invitations the we never met not to mention all these interview requests," Harry said exasperated tossing the parchments on a desk.

"How did you handle them before?" Sirius asked.

"Tossed them into the fireplace. I did only the one's necessary to meet my contract with the Cannon's."

"A process you could continue," Dumbledore stated.

"But what about me?" Ginny asked.

"Got a fireplace?" Sirius asked.

"Okay! Interview problems solved," Ginny said beaming grateful that problem was solved.

"And if the Daily Prophet is too persistent I will pay someone a visit," Hermione said smiling.

Harry, Ginny and Ron smiled at the memory of Hermione and Rita Skeeter during tri-wizards cup back in Harry's fourth year.

"What?" Sirius asked.

"Remind me to tell you the story of Hermione and Rita Skeeter sometime, Sirius. Let's just say when Hermione tells Rita to put a lid on it. Rita really understands," Harry said smiling as Hermione blushed.

"I think it is time I pay the Minister a visit," Dumbledore said.

"Talking him out of attending is going to be difficult," Mr. Weasley said.

"Oh I don't intend to do that. But with him and the owners of the Quidditch league attending, not to mention the All England Quidditch team itself. I think the ministry might be persuaded to provide all the necessary security and insure all the meals are not tampered with. They might even throw in a few people to guard the wedding presents," Dumbledore stated with a gleam in his eyes.

"I'm glad my wedding won't be this complicated," Ron stated. Earning a glare from Hermione.

"Oh, is there something your mother and I should know?" Mr. Weasley asked smiling as Ron started blushing.

"He's been dancing around the issue since Harry and I got engaged, dad. If you can get a straight answer out of him you will be the first," Ginny said.

Ron looked to Hermione for support but she just slid her hands under the table and smiled at him.

Ginny looked close at Hermione and then reached over running her fingers up Hermione's seemingly bare left hand. When she felt something at the base of Hermione's fingers Ginny looked at Hermione saying, "Congratulations."

"What?" A suddenly very nervous Ron asked looking at his sister as Hermione shrugged her shoulders.

"Hermione take off the spell and let us have a look," Ginny said still holding Hermione's hand.

Hermione waved her wand over her hand revealing a diamond ring. "How did you know?" She asked Ginny.

"I don't know really it was just something about the way you looked at Ron. I'd seen that look recently and put two and two together. When did my brother pop the question?"

"Believe it or not the ring was in his pocket the night you two came over to announce your engagement. He proposed right after you two left. I said yes right off."

Hermione said beaming.

"Ron Weasley you finally ask this lovely young lady to marry you and you don't even tell me!" Mrs. Weasley said crossly at Ron.

"But Mum Hermione and I agreed to let Harry and Ginny have all the attention then after the wedding I was going to tell you, that you had another wedding to go to in about two months."

"WHAT!" Mrs. Weasley exclaimed.

"Well, Hermione and her mother are already planning it. They didn't want to bother you with so much going on," Ron said sheepishly.

"Bother me! I should hex you two in to next year," Mrs. Weasley said.

"Now Molly I'm sure they meant well," Mr. Weasley said trying to calm his wife while he glared at his son for putting him in this position.

"Mrs. Weasley, My mother and I have it under control. We are having two ceremonies. A muggle one for my family and Muggle friends. And a second one for our wizard friends. Naturally Ron and I want you at both ceremonies," Hermione said.

"I think we can discuss this later Mum. Right now let's get Harry and Ginny's problems solved," Ron said trying to move the conversation away from him and Hermione.

"Actually I think Dumbledore has the main problem under control. I think we should wait for the ministry's answer before we do much more," Harry said.

"I agree Harry. What do you think Sirius?" Mr. Weasley asked.

"I think you are right. I will go with Dumbledore if he doesn't mind. There's a Professor I should visit and bring up to date on our plans."

"Ah, yes. Professor Lupin. Well I must go and make the arrangements," Dumbledore said.

"Professor?" Ron said taking Hermione's hand.

"Yes Ron?"

"Would you do us the honor of officiating at our Wizard ceremony?" Ron asked.

"Of course. The honor would be mine. Two weddings! This has been a very pleasurable trip. Shall we go Sirius?" Dumbledore said taking his leave.

"Yes Professor. Take care of Harry, Ginny."

"I will," Ginny said watching the two walk to the front step of the Burrow before apparating to Hogsmeade.

"Ginny? I know you can't be my maid of honor. but would you be my Matron of Honor?"

"Of course Hermione," Ginny replied as tears started down her face.

"Hey Mate, Care to be a Best man?" Ron asked Harry.

"Sure I owe you one anyway," Harry said taking Ron's hand and shaking it.

"I can't believe it. My two babies are getting married," Mrs. Weasley said leaning in to her husband's shoulder.



* * *

"Have you found a location for your wedding?" Hermione asked Ginny as they were trying on robes at Madam Malkin's Fine Robes for all Occasions.

"I'll tell you later. It is very hush hush right now. You would think it was the world Quidditch cup or something. I still say if I had known… Well you would be talking to one disowned daughter but I would have eloped with Harry," Ginny said smiling.

"Come on Ginny it can't be that bad think of the Honeymoon. All expenses paid anywhere you two want to go."

"Yes well after that circus of a wedding they are planning, they had better come up with a good thank you. What do you think of this style robe?" Ginny asked changing the topic.

"Ginny you want the good girl wedding outfit, not the Harry is making an honest woman of me outfit," Hermione said.

"Too much skin?"

"Too much everything Ginny."

"I wish it was as simple as a muggle wedding. I mean get a white dress off the rack put it on walk down the aisle and then back up it. Then you put the dress away and hope in twenty years or so your daughter is your size so she can wear your dress and you don't have to shell out for a new one. What could be simpler?" Ginny said tossing another robe on to the rapidly growing discard pile.

"Ginny You have no idea. If you thought shopping for party dresses was bad. Just wait in about three weeks you will be seeing just how many different white dresses there are when you help me pick out mine."

"I thought you and your mum were doing it?"

"Just the two of us… No way! You are coming along. I will need help controlling my mother. Remember what it was like picking out the muggle dresses for Angelina's party?" Hermione said rolling her eyes.

"Oh yes, But we did look fantastic."

"That we did, that we did," Hermione laughed.

"In fact Harry still says the pictures Colin Creevey took that night are the best one's he has seen of us," Ginny said smiling as she reached for another robe.

"So is he taking your wedding pictures?"

"Yes and We had such a row with him about that. He didn't want to charge us at all. Can you imagine that?"

"The only person who had a bigger thing about Harry than Colin is marrying him," Hermione said watching Ginny's reaction.

"I did get over it."

"If you say so," Hermione snickered.

"Well back to what I was saying. Colin set it up so he is the only photographer there. If the Daily Prophet or any other publication wants wedding pictures they have to get them from Creevey's Wizarding Photographs for all occasions. At his price. He figures to make more that way then he possible could charging us," Ginny explained.

"So Colin is business sharp. Who would have foreseen that."

"His bride came up with the idea so we know where the business smarts are in that family," Ginny said twirling in a new robe.

"Was she at Hogwarts?"

"No Beauxbatons. and she is a looker. Bet he's taken more than one of her he's not showing around."

"Ginny Weasley!" Hermione said in mock shock.

"Not for long Hermione, not for long," Ginny replied as she checked out the robe in a mirror smiling contently.

"Do you like that robe?"

"Yes but it isn't a good bridal robe for me. I should keep looking and not get distracted by these other robes."

"Ginny that robe would be great for a Matron of Honor," Hermione said as she watched Ginny twirl one more time before she started to remove the robe.

"You are right. This would be good to wear to your Wizard wedding. Thanks for giving me a reason to buy it," Ginny said as she started to remove the robe and place it apart from the other robes.

"Now what are you really looking for in a bridal robe?" Hermione asked as Madam Malkin rounded the corner behind Ginny surveying the damage done to her rack of robes.

"I like the idea behind wearing white and all but I really don't look good in white it washes out my color something terrible. Harry likes me in green and all but I don't want to wear too much green. Oh I can't really explain what I want but I will know it when I see it," Ginny said tossing her hands up in frustration.

"Green, white… Miss Weasley you wait for a moment I have something you might like," Madam Malkin said as she hurried away.

"Hermione you could have told me she was right behind me. Now she will think I'm some feather headed giggling bride like Parvati will be," Ginny hissed trying to avoid making a scene.

Hermione was sitting with her hand over her mouth and she tried to restrain herself from breaking out in a side splitting laugh at Ginny's discomfort.

"Go ahead laugh at me and I will get even."

"Here we are Miss Granger sorry it took so long. Try this on. You might have to use a little magic to make it fit right temporarily. If you like it we can make the correct alterations manually afterwards. We don't want some casting a Finite Incantarum spell as you are headed down the aisle and the robe coming all undone," Madam Malkin said as she passed the robe to Ginny who's eyes had lit up at just the sight of the robe.

Ginny slipped the robe down her arms and then over her head. Twisting it this way and that until the material settled into place. Most of the robe was an off white cream color with just the lightest hint of green. The accent color was provided by beautiful dark green velvet ribbon that was woven through the lace around the bodice, wrists and hem. Embroidered into the robe with thread matching the off cream color were stars and crescent moons. Ginny reached for her wand to make some slight adjustments to the fit but Hermione whipped her wand out of it's holder on her fore arm first and walked around Ginny casting minor spells left and right to adjust the fit. "I'm not sure I've got it right. What do you think Ginny?" Hermione asked as she stopped and stepped back to survey her handy work.

After trying to reach her right fore arm where her own wand was strapped Ginny said, "It needs to be a little bigger in the sleeves."

"Miss Weasley the tighter sleeves are the rage now," Madam Malkin interjected.

"That may be but when you are engaged to as big a target as I am you learn to keep your wand very accessible, even if fashion suffers," Ginny replied.

Hermione after a little wand waving looked at Ginny who tried for her wand again. "Just a touch more."

"I think we have a winner. I can't see myself dancing in this, but I can definitely see myself getting married in it," Ginny said beaming as she turned to thank Madam Malkin.

"No need to thank me Miss Weasley. Let me have one of our seamstresses come in and get your measurements and the fit of the robe. She will then alter the robe so it fits just right. Then you will come for a second fitting when she is done. A week before the wedding there will be a final fitting," Madam Malkin said as she waved in an young lady.

"Why so many fitting?" Hermione asked.

"My dear girl. Most brides get so nervous they either balloon up or shrink in the weeks before the wedding. When we see how much you have changed between the second fitting and the final fitting we can adjust the robe so it will fit properly on the wedding day."

"That is very thoughtful of you."

"Thank you but it is merely good business, if a bride wore an ill fitting robe, would you like anyone to know she bought it at your store?" Madam Malkin asked as she hustled the young lady out with Ginny's wedding robe. When she returned with their bills and packages Madam Malkin carried a robe that was in color the exact opposite of Ginny's. After giving Hermione her bill she turned to Ginny saying, "I do have this robe for the groom that would match very well with yours. If Mr. Potter wishes he could stop by and I will show him this robe and tell him you suggested it."

"It would look good on him," Hermione said looking at Ginny who was examining the robe closely.

"Let me tell him Madam Malkin, then if he chooses he can come see it. I don't want to pick out his clothes just yet," Ginny said smiling as she picked up her things.

"I guess that does this shopping trip," Hermione said glancing around at the devastation they had caused to the various racks.

"Yes, and we've both got all the robes we need for both weddings. I can't believe you found yours so fast," Ginny said.

"What can I say. We both found our husbands fairly early on too."

"Yes, it just took them forever to realize it."

"Speaking of the boys. I was planning on going shopping later this week for the wedding night. The options in the muggle world for those clothes are more varied. Why don't you come with me? That is unless you don’t think you will need anything special," Hermione asked blushing slightly.

"I don't see why not as long as it is just you and I. I can't picture my mother going with me to buy those things."

"Ok I will owl you," Hermione said before she headed back to her studies and Ginny headed to the Burrow.



* * *

"Harry relax, in a few hours it will all be over and you and Ginny will be out of here for a week," Ron said trying to calm his best friend who was pacing back and forth in the emerald green robe from Madam Malkin's.

"Easy for you to say. How many invitations did you send out for your wedding?" Harry snapped back.

"75 for the muggle one and about 100 for the wizard wedding ceremony."

"Ron there are over 700 people out there. Most of whom I don't know much less have talked with," Harry replied wringing his hands.

"Harry I'll be right beside Hermione in the outer ring. It will be just you Ginny and Dumbledore in the inner ring. There are Auror's posted around the ceremony, Charlie even has dragon's circling overhead. The security wasn't this high for the Quidditch World Cup we went to before our forth year. Will you relax!"

"I guess you are right. I wonder how Ginny's doing?"



* * *

"Ginny Weasley will you stop pacing. You are going to get all sweaty," Mrs. Weasley said watching her daughter wear a groove in the grass inside the tent that had been erected to keep the bride out of sight until the ceremony started.

"Mum you are more nervous than I am," Ginny countered.

"That's not true. I am nervous because you are my only daughter and I want your wedding to be perfect."

"And the fact that she's marrying Harry has nothing to do with it?" Hermione asked.

"Not at all Harry is a good boy," Mrs. Weasley replied.

"And Harry is like your son, Mother Weasley. You are having double the wedding jitters," Hermione countered as Ginny stopped pacing and was watching the interplay between Hermione and her future mother-in-law.

"Mother Weasley… Hermione I can't tell you how much I love that name. I'd hug you but it would mess up your robe."

"Molly it's time for you and I to take our seats," Arthur called from just outside the tent.

"I've got to go. Hermione get her to relax, please," Mrs. Weasley said as she left the tent and allowed her husband to usher her down the aisle. She nodded to Sirius, Professor Lupin, and Hagrid as she took her seat. They were seated in the front row across the aisle from her and Arthur being all Harry had left for family. The Dursleys had not even acknowledged receiving an invitation to the wedding. All though if Vernon knew who was here Mrs. Weasley suspected their response might have been different. After she was seated the music started and Ron lead Harry into the two concentric rings of waist high flowers closing the outer one as they both went through and then inner one after Harry went through. The music changed and on the hill top Hermione appeared. She started walking down the sloping hill past all 700 guests that were arranged in the natural amphitheater formed by the curving hill. When she cleared the top of the hill Ginny appeared and the guests rose watching her follow Hermione down and into the circle of flowers. When Hermione closed the inner circle leaving Harry and Ginny alone inside a slight pop sounded and Dumbledore appeared before them. The ceremony was reasonably short and very beautiful. At the end they turned to face their guests as Dumbledore said "May I present Mr. & Mrs. Harry Potter,"

Just then a pop originated from outside the flowered circles. Before anyone else could react Hermione was drawing her wand from where it was hidden on her arm, pointing it at the source of the noise while muttering, "Pertificus Totalus" all in one blur of activity. Freezing a photographer for one of the more disreputable magazine's as he was trying to raise his camera to take a picture of the new couple. The Auror standing just ten feet away quickly grabbed the man and dragged him away still frozen, glancing at Hermione with a look of respect on his face.

"Sorry," Hermione muttered quietly so only those inside the circle of flowers could hear her.

"Great job Hermione. I think you have surprised a few of our guests though," Ginny said with laughter in her voice.

"I heard rumors you were fast Hermione. I didn't expect you to be quite that fast," Dumbledore said nodding slightly in her direction.

The music started up again as the couple left the flower circles and lead the guests to the reception tent set up just a few feet down the valley.

Harry and Ginny stopped at the tent's entrance and turning greeted their guests as they entered the tent. Most of their friends avoided the line knowing they would speak with them later. The resultant line was less than 700 people, but for most of them it would be the only time they could meet Harry Potter and his wife. When the last guest passed through Ron looked at Harry saying, "I think some one will have to feed me my arm feels like it is ready to fall off."

"Come on now Ron this is not the time for your dramatics. You don't hear anyone else complaining," Mrs. Weasley said.

Harry had been about to agree with Ron but after his Mother-in-law's comments he felt his safest move was to keep his mouth shut. particularly as Hermione was walking past with a smile on her face obvious pleased that she hadn't been the one to correct Ron.

When he held out Ginny's chair for her to sit down she leaned over and whispered, "Ron was right but whose going to argue with mum."

Harry just nodded and sat down. After all the stress of the days events, Harry had the great fun of imitating Dumbledore a few minutes later when he stood up and said, "As a great man said at my first magical feast. Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak! Thank you."

The wizards in the group applauded loudly then turned to their now full plates, while the Muggles in the group were trying to figure out what had just happened and where had their food come from. Noticing everyone else was eating they joined in with trepidation that changed to enjoyment as they tasted the food.

Once the feast was done and the toasts finished Harry and Ginny started circulating among their guests. "Mr. and Mrs. Granger, Harry and I are so glad you were able to attend I know you are busy with your own wedding plans," Ginny said as Harry was making their good byes to the adjoining table.

"Ginny I can't believe how many people you have here," Mrs. Granger said.

"Neither can we Mrs. Granger. Harry and I know less than half of our guests. But with the defeat of Voldemort, and his selection as Seeker for the all England team Harry has become a minor celebrity. Luckily the Ministry of Magic is paying for everyone beyond our original guest list."

"They should, they invited them," Harry interjected.

"Now Harry be nice. The worst is over," Ginny said.

"You are right forgive me. Hi Mr. and Mrs. Granger, are you having a good time," Harry asked joining the conversation.

"Yes, This is the first Wizard wedding we have attended," Mrs. Granger said.

"I can't wait until Ron and Hermione's muggle wedding that will be a first for me," Ginny said smiling as Harry put his arm around her waist.

"There no one will know who you two are. You will be Hermione and Ron's friends," Mr. Granger said.

"Thankfully," Ginny said as Harry nodded in agreement.

"Mrs. Potter are you monopolizing my parents?" Hermione said walking up beside Ginny.

"Hermione you never called me Miss Weasley even when you were mad at me. So now why am I Mrs. Potter?" Ginny asked.

"I like the way your face lights up when you get called Mrs. Potter," Hermione replied smiling.

"So do I," Harry added beaming at his bride.

"Just you wait. I believe your name will be changing in two months," Ginny countered looking at Hermione.

"That it will Mrs. Potter," Hermione replied as she felt Ron's hand intertwine with hers.

"Hey Harry, Ginny I hope you don't mind but I've got to be off. Charlie just told me one of the dragons circling over the wedding was Norbert. He's going to have his rider come and land so we can see if Norbert recognizes me," Hagrid said on the verge of blubbering.

"That is great Hagrid. Tell Norbert hi for Ginny and I," Harry said watching him head out of the tent.

"I hope Norbert recognizes him," Ginny said nervously.

"He should dragons have a great memory. That is why you should always be nice to them," Hermione said dropping in to full lecture mode.

"Hermione you are not a Hogwarts' Professor just yet. Relax and enjoy this wedding," Ron said squeezing her hand.



* * *

After a fun filled few hours that included a visit to see Norbert Harry turned to Ginny asking, "Mrs. Potter do you think anyone would mind if we just apprated out of here."

"Most definitely. There are a number of people that will be very disappointed if we just apprated. We will say our good-byes to Sirius, my parents, and Hermione and Ron. Then we can apprate. Did you have a special destination in mind?" Ginny asked knowing full well where he wanted to go.

"Well my love, there is this island in the Caribbean were we have a week long reservation starting tonight."

"It would be a shame to waste any of that time wouldn't it," Ginny said smiling as she took Harry's hand before heading back to the head table for a quick round of good-byes.



Finis
Reviews 8
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear