Search:

SIYE Time:13:06 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Summoning Conditions
By takefourmoments

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP, Buried Gems
Characters:All, Harry/Ginny, Severus Snape
Genres: Comedy, Fluff, Humor
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 72
Summary: During a DA lesson, they are reviewing smaller spells, starting with summoning. Everyone, including Neville, is getting it down. Well, everyone besides Ginny. When she askes for extra lessons from Harry, he instantly turns her down. Which angers her and leaves her badgering him for the lessons afterwards. He finally agrees, but on one condition. She has to give him lessons too. Lessons on how to win over the girl he fancies.
Hitcount: Story Total: 31273; Chapter Total: 5028







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Here it is. Chapter...5!
=============

< B>Summoning Conditions
Chapter 5 - Quick Watson! The Plan, it's Falling! Catch it you Dimwit!


She was going to kill Fred and George.

She woke up this morning to an owl pecking at her window. She threw her pillow across the dormitory and it smashed against the glass. The owl kept on pecking. She sat up and brushed her hand through her hair. Glancing around quickly, she noticed that all the girls in her dorm had left already. She glanced back at the window and sighed.

It was Buster, Fred and George’s owl. She quickly unlatched the window and Buster flew in, doing air cartwheels before landing on her bed. Ginny grabbed a treat from the bowl beside the window and pushed it towards Buster as she grabbed the parchment from him. It was rolled in a long orange ribbon that held a small orange bag tied to it.

She pulled the ribbon off and opened the letter.

Dearest Ginevra,
How are you, dear sister of mine? Good I expected. Not doing too much schoolwork are you? Wouldn’t want your head to start hurting.
Freddy and I have been experimenting around with the Blueberry Bombers you like so much. Decided to change a few aspects of them. The taste is the same, but the aftereffects have changed. We call this version Blueberry Burners.
Since you enjoyed testing out little treats so much over the summer, we thought to have you try this one also. Enjoy!
Much love,
George and Freddy.


She sat the letter down and grabbed the orange bag, opening it. She stuck her hand in it and felt around. With a smile she pulled her hand out and held a square bright blue candy in her palm. It looked no different than it had before, so she popped it in her mouth.

Now, ten minutes later, she was walking quickly into the Great Hall blowing air from her mouth. The twins hadn’t been kidding when they’d said Blueberry burners. Her mouth was on fire and her tongue was going numb. She almost whimpered as she pushed opened the doors to the Great Hall.

She whipped her wand out and pointed towards the Gryffindor table.

“Accio Flask.” A flask-one that Ginny sincerely hoped had pumpkin juice in it-flew smoothly over to her and she quickly caught it and took a long drink. The fire that had ignited on her tongue died slowly and she took another sip. Damn her brothers.

She began walking to the Gryffindor table, holding her tongue between two fingers. It really burned. She took a seat and glared at the plate in front of here. The food along the table all looked highly unappetizing. She refilled her glass and took another drink. Her tongue still hurt.

“Ginny!” Harry was coming he way. She frowned, not wanting to talk to anyone… her tongue hurt.

“What?” She said as he sat down next to her. His smile was wide and he looked much too happy.

“You summoned that flask!” He exclaimed.

“Yea.” She barked and grabbed the flask again. She took a sip. “What about it?”

“Well…” Harry’s smile faded. “…since you can’t summon, that’s a big thing…”

Her head snapped over to look at him quickly. How could she have let that slip? Stupid Ginny. Stupid, stupid Ginny.

“I…right! Of course! I summoned.” She smiled much too brightly. “Hooray for me.” If Ginny had glanced to her left, she’d seen the look of absolute horror on Hermione’s face.

“Yea…” Harry’s eyes turned into a suspicious glare. “Wait a minute…”

Oh boy. He had her. She’d been caught and now he was going to make her pay for her bad deeds. Bad Ginny. She couldn’t think of anything to say that would convince him otherwise. He knew and this was the end of their lessons. He was probably going to be mad, really mad. Heck she’d been lying and deceiving him for a good three weeks now.

“You’ve been able to summon all along.” Harry shook his head in disbelief. “This is crazy. I…I’m not sure I understand completely what’s going on.”

“Well…” Ginny glanced up. Dustin was standing there, a huge smile on his face. “…oh no.” She muttered.

-

“Oh no?” Harry repeated looking behind him. Ginny’s oh-so-loveable boyfriend was standing behind him looking all too smug. He really didn’t want to see that boy right now.

“Well, well.” Dustin patted Ginny’s shoulder. “It was interesting dating you Ginny. But, it seems as if my work is done here.” He nodded at Harry. “Besides, It’s rumored that Justin Finch-Fletchy is a little on the gay side. I’ve had my eyes on him forever.” He winked at Ginny and walked away. Harry stared after the boy in shock then looked back at Ginny.

Ginny was staring wide-eyed at the spot that Dustin had just stood. She had her hands clenched tight in her lap and was biting her lip.

“Ginny?” He said softly. She glanced at him. “You were dating…a gay guy?” He asked with a small laugh. Her eyes seemed to go impossibly large and she stood quickly.

“I have to go.” She muttered quickly and just about ran from the Hall. Harry gaped at her back and turned around in his seat. Now he was really confused. Ginny had been faking not being able to summon and the boy that he had been having jealousy fits over the past three weeks was…gay? He laughed softly at the oddball-ness off it all.

“Harry.” Hermione spoke form across the table. “It’s not the way it seems…”

Harry looked at her sharply.

“You…” He laughed. “You’ve been in on this all along. What was the point of this? To watch Harry try and teach someone something they didn’t need to know. Good prank.”

“That’s not it.” She snapped. Harry piled eggs onto the plate in front of him.

“Oh…” He drew the word out and smiled. “What is it then?”

“Well. It was a plan. A rather good one at that.” She nodded as he took a bite of his eggs.

“What kind of plan?” He asked after swallowing.

“One that I made up to get you and Ginny to stop dancing around your feelings.”
Hermione declared. Harry’s fork stopped midway to his mouth.

“What feelings does Ginny have to be dancing around?” he asked suspiously. Hermione
smiled.

“The same ones you do.”

“What?” he stared at her. “You’re crazy.”

“No, I’m as sane as ever. She came to me during the beginning of summer and asked me to help her form a plan to get closer to you. One that would possibly help you discover feelings for her. So, I made up the summoning one. We practiced all summer to get it to where she could…mess up her summoning perfectly.”

“Wow.” Harry gaped at her again.

“Yea. Then we presented the idea to you and you turned us down. That was why we were so persistent that you give her the lessons. Then you sprung the whole idea of wanting her in return…”

“You suggested that I just tell her I wanted her in return for the lessons…”

“Yea. Would’ve made things much easier.” She shrugged and Harry took a bite of his eggs. This really helped to explain the whole summoning thing. But, then there was Dustin…

“Is Dustin really gay?” He asked Hermione.

“Yea.” She laughed.

“Why was she dating him?”

“A plan all her own. She was using him to make you jealous.”

“Ah. It worked. Big time.” Harry grimaced.

“She’d be happy to know that.” Hermione said with a small laugh. Ron walked down the length of the table and to Hermione’s side. He kissed her cheek and took a seat, rubbing sleep form his eyes.

“What’s so funny?” He filled his plate with food.

“Oh, just the fact that your sister was dating a gay guy…” Hermione smiled.

“Ginny was…” Ron shrugged and bit into his pancake. Harry wasn’t sure that Ron’s half asleep brain had worked out exactly what Hermione had said.

“So…Hermione?” Harry interjected.

“Yea?”

“Does this mean that…Ginny likes me?” He asked slowly.

“Yep.” She chirped. “Does you knowing mean that you’ll do something about it and stop skipping around what you feel?”

“Yep.”

“Good.” Hermione exclaimed. Ron was glancing from Harry to Hermione. Harry knew that Ron’s brain was finally starting to put it all together, and he didn’t want to be there for the result.

“See ya in class.” He muttered before standing from the table and leaving.

-

Oh boy. She didn’t know what to think. And not knowing what to think made her jumpy. She was also avoiding Harry as if he had the plague. Seriously.

But, what was she to do? Whenever she saw him in the halls, his face was completely neutral. He didn’t smile or even pretend to care she was around. Didn’t bother to acknowledge her presence. Although, he’d seemed kind of preoccupied…

Or…maybe she was just overreacting. It had only been one day since Harry had found out about everything. About Dustin, about her real summoning skills.

Ginny let her head slip from her palm-where is had been resting for the past hour-to the table. She was sitting in Double History of Magic. Professor Binns was doing the same exact thing he was always doing. Droning on and on about things no one cared to hear, while some people scribbled notes every now and then. Ginny, on the other hand, didn’t bother to take notes. She had somehow (and she wasn’t sure how it was even possible) convinced Hermione to let her borrow last years notes for the class. They really helped.

To make things simple, she passed every test.

She used to spend her class time in here catching up on missed sleep. Only today, she was much too worried about Harry to doze off into dream world. She couldn’t decide if he was mad. He didn’t act it. But…she would be mad if someone had been deceiving her.

Especially if they had been doing it two times over as she had been.

She realized now that dating Dustin had been a complete mistake and a waste of her time. There had been no point in it. Harry hadn’t gotten jealous and now he knew Dustin was gay. Ginny could be considered a loser in all possible categories.

Not only had Dustin been a waste, but so had the lessons. Not that she hadn’t enjoyed them. Oh boy, she had. But…the whole point of them was to make Harry see that he and Ginny could work…

Instead, she had showed him that she was a liar. Also…how he could make things work with someone else.

She banged her forehead on the desk in self disgust. Stupid Ginny. Stupid feelings. Stupid good-for-nothing lessons. Stupid, stupid. Everything was stupid. She banged her head again.

Hmm…maybe if she continued to do that, she could inflict minor brain damage on herself and get to spend the next week in the hospital wing. Then she wouldn’t have to spend a boring double lesson worrying about Harry, or have to deal with him in the hallways.

Sounded like a brilliant plan to her. Only…it might hurt.

-

Harry had a plan.

It was all very simple and he was sure that if he told Hermione about it, she would sigh and say that it was what she had been aiming for all along. So…Harry wouldn’t tell her.

Alright. He would. But, not until he made sure it was fool proof. Which it almost was.

And he wouldn’t chicken out. Not after everything that had just happened. Finding out that Dustin had been gay had come as a huge shocker once he’d thought about it. The girl he had been trying to get lessons to win over, had been dating a gay guy. One that had, in fact, made him insanely jealous. He decided to get to know people before judging them now.

But, it wasn’t so bad that Ginny had been dating a gay guy. But it made it worse that she’d been doing it to make him jealous. They had been doing exactly what Hermione had said. Dancing around their feelings.

Heck, if Harry had just told Ginny he liked her when he’d found out, they could have skipped this whole mess. Not that he really wanted to. It was only once in a lifetime that you got to see Ginny stand on her head and cast a spell.

But, he also knew that it was to late to tell Ginny straight forward now. It would be easy and might shock her to death to find out that she had been giving him lessons on how to win her over, but…it would be too out of place. Too much involved plans to take the easy way now.

So, he was going to ask Ginny to Hogsmeade and put his lessons to work.

-

When the notice for the first Hogsmeade trip was posted, Harry wasn’t sure how well his plan was going to work. It had been almost a week since he’d found out about all Ginny’s schemes and Ginny was avoiding him.

He knew it. Whenever they were around each other, she would always be talking to someone, or suddenly remember something she had to do. They had their first quidditch practice three days ago and she had stuck to Ron’s side the whole time. He’d flown to her side one time and she had glared at him briefly and told him she was trying to concentrate. Harry would have fully accepted that excuse…if it hadn’t been 2 minutes into practice and they hadn’t been the only ones on the field at the time.

They also had a DA meeting the previous night. She hadn’t showed up. When he asked Hermione what was wrong with her, she’d shrugged and confirmed his suspicions. Ginny was avoiding him.

He wasn’t exactly sure why. It wasn’t like he was mad. Not even in the slightest. He’d actually gotten a nice laugh out of this. He found it more than amusing that she’d done all that to try and win his affections, while he’d been oblivious to it.

Oh, there was the Dustin thing too. He wasn’t sure he would ever be able to get over the fact that Ginny had been dating a gay guy. No matter the reason. Besides, it would give him a good reason to tease her.

Well, tease her if he ever got close enough to speak to her again. He’d barely been in yelling distance to her for the past day. But, since he couldn’t get a hold of her personally, there was only one way he could think of. Owling her.

-

Dear Ginny,
I know your….upset with this whole ordeal. Why don’t we meet somewhere and talk it over?
-Harry.


Harry,
I’m really not sure I want to…talk it over.
-Ginny


Gin,
Come on. There is no use in avoiding me anymore. I’m not mad. Never was and your making this all into a big thing. It’s not.
Please meet with me so we can talk?
-Harry


You‘re not mad?
-Gin


Not a bit. So, will you come?
-Harry.


No.

-

He had to laugh at her last response. Straight and to the point. But, he still didn’t like the outcome. He needed to see her and talk to her. He was beginning to feel a withdrawal. Too little Ginny in so much time. Apparently, not seeing someone special to you could do that to a person.

Besides that, he still needed to ask her to Hogsmeade. He had to put his pan into motion and that was the only way to do it. He was beginning to feel like he was wasting time. The longer this was taking, the more time they could be wasting on…being together?

He really wanted to do it in person, but it was starting to seem like personally asking was impossible. Harry sighed and twirled his quill around. He dipped it swiftly into the ink and touched it to the parchment, scribbling down a few words, before crumbling it and starting a new one.

-

Ginny,
I know you’ve done went and told me twice that you wouldn’t meet with me, so I am going to say what I have to on here.
I know this letter is beginning to sound cheesy and love like, but it’s not.
Really.
I just wanted to know if you wanted to-since your not with Dustin anymore and we are both going alone anyways-go to Hogmeade with me.
That’s it.
Don’t say yea if you don’t want to.
-Harry


-

Ginny let the parchment slip from her fingers. A smile formed on her face and she stomped down on the urge to scream from joy. Harry Potter had just asked her to Hogsmeade.

She’d been overjoyed to find out that he wasn’t mad and that she had been avoiding him for no reason. Well, besides her own embarrassment of course. Now she was overly overjoyed. Harry wanted to go to Hogsmeade…with her!

As a friend of course, she had no reason to think otherwise. But, still. He would rather go with her than his mystery girl. Which he was probably just too shy to ask the girl anyways.

Oh well! Forget the odds and everything against it. Harry asked her and that was all that mattered. She tucked her hair behind her ears and pulled out her parchment.

-

Alright.

======== ================

Hope you liked. =D There really isn't muh more to this. Im going to say...four more chapters AT THE MOST. Maybe only two...
hmm...
Next chapter around next Friday.
Ash
Reviews 72
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear