Search:

SIYE Time:22:57 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Summoning Conditions
By takefourmoments

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP, Buried Gems
Characters:All, Harry/Ginny, Severus Snape
Genres: Comedy, Fluff, Humor
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 72
Summary: During a DA lesson, they are reviewing smaller spells, starting with summoning. Everyone, including Neville, is getting it down. Well, everyone besides Ginny. When she askes for extra lessons from Harry, he instantly turns her down. Which angers her and leaves her badgering him for the lessons afterwards. He finally agrees, but on one condition. She has to give him lessons too. Lessons on how to win over the girl he fancies.
Hitcount: Story Total: 31271; Chapter Total: 6233







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Summoning Conditions
Chapter 1-I do believe we need a plan, Watson


“Okay!” Harry said loudly hushing the DA students. “Today we are going to be reviewing.” Many groans filled the room. “I know, I know.” He waved his hands nonchalantly. “But, these spells could be really useful and as it's the first meeting of the year, so we need to review...” A soft clicking noise was coming from his left, and he glanced over.

“Stop moving Harry!” Colin Creevey said loudly, positioning his camera every which way and snapping.

“Colin!” he sighed. “Put that stupid thing away.” Colin looked at him sadly before thrusting the camera in his pocket. Harry merely shook his head and turned back around. “Okay. Let's get started. We will start with summoning charms. As you remember, to summon say 'Accio'.” Murmurs rang out, and people began to shout 'Accio' at the large piles of pillows across the room.

It was their third day back to school. Almost the moment Harry had stepped on the train two days ago, people had been searching for him to find out when the first meeting would be. At Hermione's pushing, he had changed the date on his coin to today. Everyone had seemed bloody happy when he had.

But, Harry couldn't blame them. After a long summer of waiting for a rescue from the Dursleys, Harry had been more than happy to return to Hogwarts. He had been picked up only two weeks before and taken to Sirius' house. No matter the painful memories it brought, he had to go there, it was the safest place. Well, besides Hogwarts.

The two weeks he had spent at Grimmauld Place were alright. He was mostly bored, but glad to be away from the Dursleys.

Coming back to the present, he began to walk around and watch everyone. Neville really seemed to have it down. Harry could remember when they had first done the summoning spells. Neville had had the worst time getting them down. He had finally summoned one of the pillows, but by the look that had appeared on his face, Harry had to believe it was by luck.

He watched Neville for a few moments, then continued walking. Ron was, of course, standing with Hermione. The two had started going out during the summer and couldn't seem to get enough of each other. Of course, they still argued...like they would every stop. He smiled when Hermione scolded Ron on his posture as he
summoned a pillow over. Ron was rolling his eyes, and Hermione stomped her foot. Harry laughed softly, making sure not to divert their attention.

Lavender and Parvati had formed a square figure with Dean and Seamus. The four were laughing as they easily summoned the pillows. Padma, Parvati's twin, was next to them, shooting hidden side glances towards Justin Finch-Fletchley, who was humming happily as he summoned.

Harry walked past many others, all of whom were summoning like pros. He was beginning to feel dumb suggesting they review them. Till he came to the last member of DA. Ginny Weasley was by the back wall and slightly hidden in the shadows. As if she felt his presence, she glanced up meeting his eyes.

“Hey...” She muttered softly.

“Hey Ginny.” He smiled and raised his eyebrow at her. She smiled quickly and then looked away. Harry glanced at her feet and then looked behind him, where everyone else had at least ten pillows in front of them (besides Ron, who was still being yelled at). “I see you haven't been as...successful at this.”

She glanced at her feet also. “Looks that way...”

“You just not trying?”

"Ah...that's not exactly it.” She looked at him.

“It's not?”

“No.”

“Then what is it?”

“Well...” She frowned at the pillows across the room. “I can't.”

“You can't...” He frowned also. “You can't what? Summon?”

“Yes! That's right.” She admitted and Harry smiled. “It's not funny.”

“I'm not laughing.” He stated truthfully. Ginny rolled her eyes.

“Maybe not. But you think it is funny.”

“Just a bit.” He admitted, and Ginny glared at him pointedly. “But, I could've sworn you could do this.”

“Nope. Last time we did, I was standing by Neville. He couldn't do it and I made you think I could and that I was putting on a show of not being able to. So Neville would feel better...”

“Ah...” He let it sink in as it all began to add up. “Let me see you try.”

“No.” She snapped.

“Yes.”

“But...” She sighed and gave in. “Fine. But promise not to laugh.”

“Alright...”

“Accio Pillow.” She aimed at the pile. Nothing happened. “Accio Pillow.” This time she waved her wand hard and fast. Still nothing. “Argh...I have tried everything. Nothing, I mean nothing, works.”

“That's weird. Let me see your wand.” Ginny handed it to him reluctantly. “Accio Pillow.” A large fluffy pink pillow flew over and landed at his feet. He shrugged and held her wand out for her to take. “It's you, you're defective.” He laughed slightly, and she glared at him.

“Ha. Ha.” She said sarcastically. She tried to snatch her wand from his hand, but he held it tight. “Let go.”

“Now, don't go getting all snappy.” He smiled.

“Harry...” She sighed. “Let go.”

“Nah.” With another glare she put her hand on top of his and began to pry his fingers off. Once she had managed, she kicked him hard in the shin. “Ouch.” He muttered as she stomped away. He watched her go out of the Room of Requirements with a smile. He really didn't mean to tease her...

Okay, maybe he did. But she made it too fun. She got really angry and her face would darken and her eyes would flash...Harry looked down and with a wave of his wand, banished the pillow to the other side of the room.

Teasing Ginny had been one of the things that made the last two weeks bearable. But, he never did it past a certain point. He could tell when she was starting to get really mad, to when she was just annoyed. And he only teased her about little things.

Which only began to cause him problems. Teasing her, that is. The more he hung around her, whether teasing her or just being with her, he began to notice…things. Like, the way her hair looked in the sun. How her eyes lit up when she got mad. They way she clenched her fist before she hexed him. How she smiled...

How bloody pretty she was.

He had definitely come to the realization that he fancied her. Not just a little. A lot. His emotions went wild when the two of them were alone...so he avoided being alone with her. He glanced back to the door she had disappeared behind just in time to see her stomp back in.

She walked back over to him.

"I wanted to practice everything else. Can we move on?" She folded her arms across her chest with a frown.

"Absolutely!" He said enthusiastically causing Ginny to, once again, roll her eyes. "Alright.” He called out to the group. “Let's go ahead and banish all the pillows back..."

-

"Harry." Ginny arrived at breakfast the next morning and sat herself in the seat across from him. She grabbed a hand full of bacon and stuffed a piece in her mouth. She swallowed and looked at him. "I have a favor I need to ask of you." She muttered before stuffing another piece in her mouth.

"A favor?" He watched her swallow and then nod.

"Yes."

"Well, what is it?" He asked puzzled. Ginny held up a finger as if telling him one moment and finished chewing her latest piece of bacon.

"I want you to help me learn to summon."

"I tried during the DA lesson."

"No." She shook her head. "You made fun of me during the DA lesson." In goes the
bacon.

"Well...I was trying to help." He smiled. She chewed and swallowed.

"Bloody liar." She sat the rest of the bacon that was still in her hand on the plate in front of her. "So, will you help me?"

"How?"

"I don't know!" She huffed. "Give me private lessons after class or something. "I have to learn how to do this."

"Have to? Why’s that?"

"Because. Would you like to go through life not being able to summon?" She mumbled.

"Not really. But, you're not me."

"Harry..." She kicked his foot under the table. Harry laughed. "Think about it, please." She mumbled before standing and moving to sit by Luna at the Ravenclaw table.

Extra lessons with Ginny? He knew he could easily teach her to do the summoning spell...well, he could try to teach her, she really wasn't any good at it. But...it would be just the two of them. Ginny and him...all alone in the Room of Requirements...

Harry shook his head. It was a bad idea to be alone with her. He already knew that. Ginny should ask Hermione or someone else. Everyone in DA was just as good
at summoning as him. He had seen it all yesterday.

That was it. He would tell her to ask Hermione.

But...what if extra lessons with Ginny, ones where it was just them, would help her see. To see how good they could be together. Maybe she would start to feel
the shocks that he felt when they touched. Or have the emotions run through her, the same ones that went through him whenever she was around...

Then, if she didn't...Harry would just feel like a fool. He dug his fork into the plate of eggs and then stared at them. So, he would just tell her no...

Harry finished eating and stood up to leave. On his way out the door, Ginny raced up to him and prodded him in the back.

"Had enough time to think?" She asked as they left the Great Hall.

"Yea."

"So, when you wanna meet first?" She smiled at him happily.

"Ginny, I'm not doing it."

"What?" She stopped walking. "Not doing what?"

"I'm not going to teach you how to summon."

"What? Why?"

"I just...can't. Ask Hermione." He waved his hand in dismissal of the subject. He stopped and looked back at her. She was glaring at him. He stared at her. She took two steps forward and was right in his face. She pointed her finger at his nose.

"You..." Her eyes narrowed. "You're despicable." Harry's eyes widened as she turned on her heel and marched back into the Great Hall.

Despicable was he? He watched Ginny disappear behind the door. He turned around and began walking back to the Gryffindor common room when he heard the Great Hall's door open and turned to look.

"Harry!" Hermione walked quickly to catch up. "Ginny's just told me." She gave him a glare just like Ginny's. "What is you're excuse for not helping her?"

"I can't." He sighed and continued walking. Hermione followed with a huff.

"But you have to! She has to learn this." Harry turned his head sideways to look at Hermione.

"Why’s that?"

"She...she just has to." Hermione huffed and continued up the stairs.

"So, you teach her then."

"I can't. I'm to busy."

"Typical." He muttered under his breath. "What about Ron?" He asked her.

"Ron can't teach. Besides he slouches over while summoning." She stated as if it were the worst thing in the world.

"Luna?" He suggested.

"Harry!" Hermione's voice sounded frustrated. "Why won't you just do it? You are the DA teacher..."

"Hermione...I already said I couldn't."

"But you can." Harry stopped walking and looked at her.

"Why’s this so important?"

"It...it just is." Hermione sighed. "Just sleep on it. Think it over and let it sink in. Please." She was almost begging.

"Fine!" She instantly brightened. "I will think about it. But I am only thinking."

"Splendid!" She murmured before turning on the step and heading back down. Harry muttered incoherently as he finished making his way up to the common room.

-

That night, Harry lay in bed doing what he told Hermione he would do, thinking. Not about giving Ginny extra lessons really. More just about her. He never really thought himself to be a romantic type of person. But when you sit around thinking about one person all day, doesn't that kind of qualify you into the romantic category?

Who knows...but she was all he thought about. At night before bed, during classes, at lunch, during free time. Okay, so maybe not that much. He was beginning to sound obsessive...but, he did think about her an awful lot.

Harry folded his arms behind his head. He had thought about tutoring Ginny in summoning earlier. And he decided that was really the only reason he wouldn't
help her. Because he thought about her so much. Well, that and the fact that he wanted nothing more than to kiss her...

Harry sat up quickly. That was it. He could use this...extra lesson thing to his advantage. He should have realized it earlier, when he had been thinking about her acquiring feelings for him. Only he wasn't sure exactly how to do it...

He stood from his bed and left his dorm. He walked down the stairs and glanced around. Hermione was sitting in front of the fire with Ron and...his heart flipped with excitement...Ginny. He walked over to the couch and took a seat next to Hermione.

"Hey." He said brightly. The three of them looked at him.

"Hey, mate." Ron said scribbling something of a piece of paper.

"Did you decide to help me-" Ginny started.

"No." Harry cut her off. She frowned and shared a look with Hermione. Hermione glanced at him.

"Harry...did you even think about it like you said you would?" She asked, her tone almost scolding.

"Yes. Now, I need a word with you...in private." Harry muttered. Ron and Ginny glanced at him suspiciously. Hermione smiled and nodded. They stood and walked
to an empty corner of the common room that was far enough away so they wouldn't be overheard.

As they were leaving they heard Ginny mutter, "Wish Fred had left me a pair of Extendable Ears..."

"So what is it?" Hermione asked leaning against the wall.

"I have decided to help Ginny."

"Really?" She smiled. "Why didn’t you just so say so back-"

"But..." He cut in and Hermione frowned.

"I should have known there was a but..." She grumbled softly.

"I want something in return." Harry smiled as he spoke. Hermione looked at him oddly.

"Something in return? Like what?"

"Ginny." He said with a small one shouldered shrug.

"Ginny?" She stared at him dumbfounded before grinning. "So, tell her."

"I can't tell her. I have to be...subtle about it."

"Alright." She nodded and Harry could tell something was already brewing in her head.

"You going to help me I suppose?"

"Of course." She closed her eyes for a second then opened them and smiled. "Let's see. I have an idea. You see, I have watched Ginny lure boys to her. Ones that she wanted something from. Even if it was an answer to homework. She could get them. I mean, you've obviously noticed she isn't a little girl anymore. So you could say Ginny is experienced...in the relationship area."

This is the part where Harry's ears began to ring. Did Hermione really think he wanted to know about Ginny's love life? Well, no, he didn't.

"But, anyways." She smiled and had Harry convinced she was highly unaware of his mental struggle on what she was saying. "The plan is, to tell Ginny you want her
to teach you to win over the girl you fancy. Now, we won't tell her it's her."

"Obviously." Harry muttered.

"But, you're going to have to pay close attention. I mean you could even take notes if you wanted. It will be a lesson for a lesson." She shrugged, obviously pleased with herself.

"But...Hermione..." Harry frowned. "I don't see how I am going to end up with Ginny."

"Ah, this is where the fun comes in. You're going to take all the things Ginny tells you to do and use them on her." She paused letting it sink in. "You're going to have to do it in a very 'subtle'," She made quotation marks with her fingers as if mocking him. "...way."

Harry stared at her and then smiled. "Hermione. This...it just might work." Hermione stared at him as if offended.

"Of course it will." She smiled. "I'll go get Ginny. You can tell her the...good news. But remember when you tell her, don't muck it up. No acting nervous or stuttering. Don't want her to catch on..." She walked towards the couch.

Harry tried to compose his self just a bit. He wasn't really wanting to tell her tonight. Maybe tomorrow once he had slept on it. But it was too late now. She was standing from the couch. Walking towards him with a glance back at Hermione.

"Hey." She said taking Hermione's place against the wall. Remembering what Hermione said he smiled.

"Hey. Hermione tell you?" He asked dumbly. Of course not, Hermione only found out her self 10 seconds ago. Ginny shook her head. "I have decided to give you the lessons."

"You have?" She asked excitedly.

"But..." He said in the same manner he had with Hermione.

"But?" Her grin faded slightly.

"I want you to teach me something in return." He smiled.

"Harry. There is nothing I could possibly teach you."

"Yes. There is."

"What?" she asked, clearly not believing him.

"I want you to teach me have to win over the girl I like."

"Win over..." Harry saw her whole expression falter and a flash of emotion appear in her eyes. She looked away and then back at him. "Alright."

"Alright." He mocked her.

"When do you wanna start?"

"What's good for you?"

"Tomorrow night?"

"Fine."

"Fine." She turned on her heel and walked away. Harry could tell that some part in their conversation had struck a nerve with her, and he wasn't sure why.

Reviews 72
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear