Search:

SIYE Time:2:08 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


It Happened One Night
By SunDevil05

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP, Buried Gems
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Angst, Drama, Fluff, General
Warnings: Death, Sexual Situations, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 1042
Summary: Harry and Ginny make a decision that changes their lives....
Hitcount: Story Total: 254446; Chapter Total: 11788







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


A/N: So here's the next installment! Once again to all of those who are reading! I read each and every review and I'm grateful for them all! THANKS!

I'd like to give a special thank you to my wonderful and dear friend Erin for putting up with me. She has been reading my story for me and putting up with my constant bursts of ideas. THANK YOU ERIN!!! YOU'RE THE BEST!

So on with it! And please, please, REVIEW!

Disclaimer: See first few chapters.



Chapter Nine


By the time Harry had all his supplies out for Advanced Charms and had James settled in his carrier on the floor next to him, Ron and Hermione were still arguing with each other. Harry wondered how they survived being boyfriend and girlfriend with the constant bickering they do. Harry chuckled when he saw James’ gaze was set on his uncle. He looked up at him very confused then looked over to his father, with a frown. Harry shrugged and shook his head.

“That’s your Uncle for you. Temper’s as red as his hair, just like your mum. Mind you don’t tell her I said that though. She’ll have me in for it,” he whispered down to his son. James stared at him for a minute longer and turned his attention to his blue bunny.

“You’re so hypocritical Ron!” Hermione hissed.

“No I’m not!” Ron argued back. Harry shook his head at them. It never ends.

“I don’t know why I even put up with you!” Hermione slammed her copy of The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 7 on her desk.

“Then don’t bother with me then!” Ron grabbed a quill from his bag.

“Fine!” Hermione shouted.

“Fine!” Ron shouted back and they both turned their backs to each other. Harry shook his head again at the angry scowl on Ron’s face then faced the front of the room. He wasn’t going to get into whatever “discussion” they were having this time. The bell rung and everyone faced tiny Professor Flitwick. He stood on his stack of books, frowning and scratching his head.

“Oh no, no, no,” he shook his head, looking around his desk. He sighed and jumped down. The Charms master began to hobble to the door. “Class, I shall return. I forgot part of the lesson for today. Talk amongst yourselves.”

The moment he left a dull roar rose among the seventh years. Harry took this opportunity to lean back in his chair and relax. He closed his eyes and thoughts of Ginny wafted in his mind. He smiled thinking of her suggestion. His moment of relaxing did not last long; James began to cry. The class fell silent and looked at him. Harry got out of his seat and began to search through the baby bag.

“Oh let me help you!” Hannah Abbot said.

“Yes, let us help. We know all about babies,” Susan Bones added. Harry looked up and saw some Hufflepuff girls surrounding him. They looked at him eagerly and peering into the carrier.

“No thanks. I can handle it,” Harry took out a bottle from the bag.

“Oh no, no, no Harry. He isn’t hungry!” Meredith Adams shook her head at him. He looked at her for a moment.

“Yes he is,” Harry bent over his crying son to pick him up out of the carrier.

“No, he’s looks cold. Give him a blanket,” Caitlin Myers said, looking at the carrier.

“No, he looks tired. Let him sleep Harry,” Susan interjected. All four girls were saying things at once. Harry had sat back in his seat, cradling James with one arm as he continued to cry.

“Look,” he spoke over the girls, “I think I know what my son needs,” Harry said and gave James the bottle. He immediately stopped crying and sucked hungrily on the bottle. He stared up at his father as he drank. Harry smiled down at James. “Daddy knows what he’s doing, doesn’t he?”

He chanced a glance at the girls around him. They all wore crestfallen faces. He knew they thought he didn’t know what he was doing because he was a boy. He ignored the girls again and focused on his son.

“How did you know he was hungry?” Hannah asked.

“His kid isn’t it?” Ron answered for him and frowned at the girls.

“Yes, but boys don’t know these things,” Meredith said haughtily to him and looked at Harry. “How did you know?”

“I. . .I just did. He didn’t eat all his breakfast this morning.” Harry wasn’t about to admit that he knew the differences between his sons’ cries.

“Oh,” Caitlin looked unhappy to hear this. Harry wished they would go away. James was now looking at them and not eating.

“Come on James. Drink up,” Harry shook him slightly to get his attention back. James began to drink again.

“Is he really yours?” Susan asked. Harry did not look up. He was getting tired of hearing this question.

“Yes he is,” Harry replied, annoyed.

“He looks like you,” Meredith said and smiled at Harry.

“Yes he does. Aw, he’s just too precious!” Hannah smiled at James, clasping her hands together and sighing.

“Er. . .thanks,” Harry kept his gaze on James.

“What’s his name again?” a male voice said. All of the Hufflepuff seventh years were surrounding him and looking at James. Harry just wished they would leave them alone.

“James,” Harry replied. They began to whisper to each other and tried to get a better look at James. Harry now realized why Ginny hated this so much. It was downright annoying! Couldn’t he feed his son in peace?

“Do you mind? It’s getting a bit crowded over here,” Ron snapped at the gathering crowd. Slowly they turned back to their seats, casting glances to father and son.

“Thanks Ron,” Harry muttered. He nodded curtly. “Can you hand me that white blanket and put this away?”

Ron took the now finished bottle and handed Harry the blanket. Harry quickly burped James and set him back in his carrier just as Professor Flitwick returned with a box floating in front of him.

“Settle down class, settle down,” the professor said as he climbed back on top of his stack of books. “Now today we are going to start a section on common Household Charms. You will need to read chapter six in your books. Also if you are interested, I will be giving out extra credit to anyone who writes a two feet essay on emotions and spellwork and how they relate to each other, due in two weeks. Now take out your quills and let’s begin with Cleaning Charms.”

Harry began to take notes and listened to Professor Flitwick lecture. He was jotting a few notes about the wand movements used in Cleaning Charms when James began to softly whine. Harry glanced down at him. He was looking at Harry and slowly his cries began to get louder. Harry put down his quill and looked for his pacifier. He gave it to James and he quieted down. A few moments later James whined again. Harry tried to figure out what his crying meant. It sounded like he wanted to play, but he wasn’t too sure. He bent down.

“Shh. Daddy’s in class,” he whispered, but James only got louder. Ron and Hermione were looking over at him. “Please be quiet James,” Harry pleaded but that didn’t work. He got louder. Harry jiggled his blue bunny in front of him in an attempt to calm him down.

“Mr. Potter?” Professor Flitwick called.

“Er. . .yes professor?” Harry looked up at him, still jiggling the toy in front of the infant.

“Is there a problem? Do you need to step outside for a moment?” he asked, standing on his tiptoes to look over the desk

“No, no problem at all,” Harry gave him a weak smile, James still crying

“Very well,” Professor Flitwick nodded and continued to lecture, “Now, the swish and flick method is used for. . .”

Harry looked back at James.

“What’s wrong?” he whispered. James still cried. Harry tried with the bunny again, moving it in the air, hoping he would like it and stop. No such luck. Finally, James held his little arms out to him. Harry sighed and picked him up. Almost immediately he stopped crying. Perfect timing James. Why do you need to be held in the middle of class? Harry thought. He turned James around and set him on his thigh, and held him firmly with one hand. He turned so James wouldn’t be so close to the desk and began to take notes again.

All the Gryffindors ignored Harry and went on as if it were a normal thing to do. The Hufflepuffs however did the opposite. They were craning their necks trying to get a peek of Harry and James. Harry was sure he heard several girls whispering to each other. He rolled his eyes. Act like they’ve never seen a baby before, Harry thought as he shifted James slightly. He began to gently bounce his knee to entertain James a bit. Harry bent down to look at James for a moment. James had stuffed his bunny in his mouth and was chewing on it as he gazed around the room. Harry smiled and placed a swift kiss on the top of his head and returned his attention to the lesson.

James seemed content, sitting on Harry’s thigh, for a while at least. He felt James fidget slightly and heard something soft hit the floor. Harry ignored it and continued to take notes. He felt James trying to reach for something now. Maybe what dropped was his bunny and he was trying to reach for that? That didn’t seem right to Harry. The toy dropped on the ground and James was reaching out. He glanced over to see his son’s tiny hand attempt to grab his opened ink well. His eyes widened as he saw the tiny fingers reaching out for the black substance. Quickly, Harry snatched it away from his son and set it in front of himself. He shook his head and continued with his notes.

“To clean up small messes such as spills, the charm. . .” Harry tried to write. James was reaching for something again. Harry looked over at him. James had grabbed some spare parchment and was pulling it towards him and it crinkled loudly in his hand. Harry dropped his quill and slammed his hand down on the parchment, with a noticeable ‘THUD!’. Professor Flitwick’s voice faltered for a moment. Harry pried the parchment out of James’s tight grip and shoved it away from him. Several students were looking at him and Professor Flitwick began to lecture again.

“Stop it,” Harry whispered to James. Harry noticed that several students were hiding smiles. He ignored them and returned his attention to his notes. James stayed still for a few minutes and Harry thought he had won. He wrote down some notes on Ironing Charms when he heard a scratching sound. It sounded like wood was being dragged on wood. Wood. . .on wood? . . .his wand! Harry looked over and saw James had a hold of his wand, attempting to put it in his mouth.

“James, no!” Harry hissed and grabbed the wand from him. He put it further up his desk and put his quill down. James was reaching out for it again, whimpering slightly. He had to stop James from grabbing everything in sight. He turned him around and placed him against his shoulder, one arm beneath him. Harry looked to see his head peeking over his shoulder and smiled inwardly. Ha! Try to grab something now.

All was at peace now. Harry was happy he had stopped James from grabbing everything in sight, especially his wand. Who knows what sort of problems that could have caused. Harry bent over to write something down and a tiny hand clasped onto the lenses of his glasses. Harry jerked his head back and removed James’ hand from his glasses. Half of his vision was smudged now. Harry bent over again to write and this time something tugged on his hair. He drew in a sharp breath and pulled James’ hand from his hair.

“Daddy’s not a toy,” he whispered to his son. James looked at him innocently. Yeah, sure you’re innocent, he thought and attempted to take notes again. James seemed to think that his father was in fact a toy and a fun one at that. He pulled on Harry’s collar, tie, hair, and glasses at random. Harry’s notes were not making any sense now. There were ink blots and unfinished sentences. Words stuck out oddly and others had missing letters. Harry could hear Ron laughing softly next to him and he saw smirks and hidden smiles on many others in the class. Even Hermione was suppressing a laugh. Harry threw his quill down again and pried his son’s hand off his tie. “Enough!” he whispered.

“Mr. Potter?” Professor Flitwick said as Harry pulled a tiny hand off his hair again. He winced. He was pretty sure James was now holding a few strands of black hair, his own black hair.

“Yes?” Harry responded. Everyone was looking at him, hiding smiles and hands covering their mouths.

“Are you sure everything is okay?” he asked and Harry saw a ghost of a smile on his face. Well, it was nice for him to know that everyone was enjoying James using Harry as a toy. Harry on the other hand, did not think this was amusing. It was painful if anything.

“Yes—OW!—sir.” James had tugged on his ear. He heard soft laughter throughout the room. Harry looked at James. He was at his wits end. How did Ginny do it?

“Please stop playing with Daddy James. I need to pay attention,” Harry pleaded in a quiet voice. But James didn’t understand him. He had a look in his eyes that said he wanted all of his father’s attention and then grabbed a fistful of hair again. Harry winced and sighed. He gave up. There was no way he was going to get James to settle down. If he put him back in his carrier he was sure to cry. So, Harry let him continue to grab random things on him and eventually James resorted to patting the side of Harry’s face with his hand, with the occasional tug of something.

As time passed on, Harry noticed that James grew quite still. He had finally grown tired of using his father as a toy, much to Harry’s relief. But he seemed to be too still. Harry glanced over at him and smiled lovingly at the head of orange hair that greeted him. James had his head lying on Harry’s shoulder and facing away from him, clearly asleep. Harry could feel his tiny chest rise and fall as he took breaths against his shoulder. One of his hands was loosely clutched onto Harry’s robes while the other hung limply at his side. Harry placed a kiss on the back of his head and continued class in peace, earning himself several endearing looks from the girls in the room.

As Harry’s time in class was settling down, Ginny’s was heating up over in greenhouse number five. Her friends continued to press her with questions about her intimacy with Harry. They couldn’t believe how daring she had been in the hallway with Harry and in front of most of the school She was lucky no teachers had caught her or else there would definitely be no plans tonight. They wanted to know the tiniest details about everything and she did not want to give them. Those were for her and Harry to know only.

She was in the middle of repotting Snapping Rose bushes, blushing furiously at the questions. Things he had done, things she had done, things they wanted to do. She had stopped patting soil down and stared at Bridget. She had just asked a question that Ginny did not want to answer. They had done that but she wasn’t going to admit it and she was sure her friends could guess by the blush in her cheeks and the nervous look in her eyes.

“I am not going to answer that!” she exclaimed and began digging into the soil. She avoided looking them in the eyes.

“You have haven’t you! Ginny!” Bridget exclaimed, waving her shovel at Ginny.

“N-no, I haven’t. Oh just stop all of you! I’m not answering these questions anymore,” Ginny continued to dig and shot a glare at them.

“Fine. But we do share a room with you,” Claire reminded her. The others nodded in agreement. Ginny rolled her eyes and pulled out a plant, holding the biting petals away from her.

“I still can’t believe you did that in the hall Gin. I mean did you see the look on his face!” Melanie said, plopping a yellow bush into a pot, the petals trying to bite her gloved hand. Ginny smiled.

“Oh I was aware of more than just his face,” she said casually, with a tiny smirk. She was very aware of Harry’s reaction and tried to encourage it. For a moment she dwelled in the feelings of Harry. His lips pressed against hers and moving with her, his arms around her, his hands gripping onto her waist tightly. . .among other things.

“Ginny, how b—”

“I am NOT answering that!” Ginny exclaimed before Claire finished her question, shooting a Look at her. Claire immediately shut up and muttered something along the lines of ‘I’ll find out later.’ Well, Ginny thought, that is certainly none of her business!

Time went by and Ginny stood up to put away their bag of fertilizer.

“Lovely little show you put on for us earlier,” a voice said from behind her. Ginny turned around and was face to face with Michael Corner. She rolled her eyes and tried to get past him, but he stepped in front of her.

“Sod off Michael,” Ginny said and tried to go another way. He stepped in front of her again.

“How come you never kissed me like that in front of everyone?” he asked. Ginny crossed her arms and stared at him.

“I don’t know Michael, now go away,” she sighed and tapped her foot impatiently. He smirked and stepped closer to her.

“Don’t know, do you? Well then answer this for me, why Potter?”

Ginny stared at him. What was he on about?

“What are you talking about?” she frowned. He hadn’t said so much as a simple hello to her since they broke up two years ago and now all the sudden he was interested in her love life?

“Why Potter? Why didn’t you sleep with me when I offered?” he said cooly and crossed his arms.

“What?!” Ginny exclaimed, surprised at his question. Students at nearby tables were staring at them.

“What’s wrong with you? Can’t you hear properly? I said why didn’t you sleep with me!” Michael took another step towards her. Ginny found herself placing a hand on her wand.

“Maybe because I didn’t love you!” Ginny shouted.

“Like you loved Potter!” Michael snorted.

“I do love Harry!” Ginny argued.

“Oh of course you do. Always pined after him didn’t you? Even when we were together all you could talk about was that tosser!” Michael said.

“The only tosser I know is you!” Ginny shouted. She was getting very angry with him. The whole class was surrounding them now and Professor Sprout was no where in sight.

“The whole school knew about your little hero-worshiping crush on him. Weren’t exactly discreet about it now were you?” Michael uncrossed his arms. Ginny glared at him. Where did he get off like this all of the sudden? Michael wasn’t done, “I wonder how you got Potter anyway? Why would he fancy anyone like you?”

Ginny felt rage course through her veins.

“Harry loves me,” she said in a forced calm voice.

“Sure he does,” Michael said in a skeptical fashion and rolled his eyes. “Who’s kid is it anyway?”

“I don’t need to take this from you,” Ginny pushed past him to get back to her seat.

“You don’t know do you?” Michael scoffed.. “How many have you been with Ginny? Too many to count I suppose!”

Ginny was seeing red now. She whirled back around, her hair whipping around her dangerously. Her eyes bored into his and she felt like strangling him.

“For your information I have only been with one person and that happens to be Harry,” Ginny retorted in a deadly calm voice.

“Liar,” Michael smirked at her. Ginny took a deep breath before she turned around again, determined not to listen to him any longer and plopped back into her seat. A pair of hands slammed on her desk across from her.

“Proud aren’t you?” Michael said, leaning close to her. “What a happy little mummy you are, parading around the school with the little brat.”

Ginny closed her eyes.

“Damn right I’m a proud mother and my son is not a brat,” Ginny said softly, her eyes still closed. She opened her eyes to stare unscathed at him. He was leering at her and no one seemed to have backed away from them.

“You’re pathetic. Wonder what I ever saw in you to begin with. Wasted time I say,” he stood up. Ginny jumped up and leaned across the table.


“You wasted time? You were the one who asked me out! Obviously you had something for me,” Ginny said. Michael let out a low, hollow laugh.

“I did love you once. Foolish I was,” Michael replied.

“I never loved you!” Ginny spat.

“And why not?” Michael asked. Ginny pushed herself away from the table.

“Why do you even care?” Ginny crossed her arms and glared at him.

“Just answer me!” Michael shouted, banging a fist on the table

“Mr. Corner! Mrs. Potter! What is going on here!” Professor Sprout demanded, finally showing up. She stood with her gloved hands on her hips and looked from teenager to teenager.

“Mrs. Potter? What a joke! Not even his kid,” Michael laughed, shaking his head in disbelief. Ginny had enough. Tears were threatening her eyes. She grabbed her school bag and pulled off her dragon-hide gloves, throwing them on the counter and stormed out of the greenhouse.

The moment Ginny walked out tears poured down her face.

“Ginny!” someone called. Ginny turned and was face to face with Colin and her roommates running after him.

“What?” Ginny asked irritated.

“Are you okay?” Claire asked the moment she caught up to Ginny and Colin.

“I’m just great! Just wonderful Claire! Who else thinks of me the same way? How many? Who else wants to know who I’ve crawled into bed with! Who else wants to know if Harry really is the father!” Ginny shouted.

“He is, isn’t he?” Melanie asked tentatively.

“Of course he is!” Ginny shouted offended that Melanie would even think that.

“I know, just-just checking,” Melanie recoiled from Ginny, holding up her hands in front of her in surrender.

“Do I have to get a paternity test and show the whole damn school! Harry is his father!” Ginny went on with her ranting. She was vaguely aware of the third years in the Care of Magical Creatures class, watching her from a far. It was clear that they could hear her every word she screamed. Even Hagrid was watching her yell into the sky. None of her friends spoke. They watched her in some sort of fear. Ginny didn’t care.

“I know I made a mistake! I know I should have known better and I’m paying for it! Why does everyone assume these things and accuse me of being a scarlet woman! I’m sorry alright, I’M SORRY!” Ginny was heaving with frustration and the tears poured from her eyes. She buried her face in her hands and cried. Someone put their arms around her and tried to soothe her. She stood there for a while, crying and trying to calm down. Once her tears ceased and she was sniffling, she realized how she had come off to her friends. They were only trying to help and she was yelling at them.

“Oh I’m so sorry I yelled at you lot like that,” Ginny swiped at her eyes.

“It’s quite alright Ginny,” Melanie smiled at her encouragingly. Colin patted her on the back and smiled at her.

“Michael shouldn’t have said those things. Oh that bloody wanker. I’ll get him, just you wait and see,” Bridget said with pure hatred. Her fists were clenched and she was glaring at the greenhouse behind them. Ginny gave her a weak smile.

“The bell rung Gin. Are you alright to go to lunch?’ Claire asked.

“Yeah, I’ll be fine,” Ginny continued to dry her eyes.

“Would you like me to tell Harry? I’m right sure he’ll give that prat what he deserves,” Colin grinned at her. Ginny managed a weak laugh.

“I’ll tell him eventually,” Ginny said.

“Well then let’s go and find him shall we?” Melanie said and linked her arm with Ginny and the five of them started for the castle.
Reviews 1042
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear