Search:

SIYE Time:7:21 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


It Happened One Night
By SunDevil05

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP, Buried Gems
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Angst, Drama, Fluff, General
Warnings: Death, Sexual Situations, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 1042
Summary: Harry and Ginny make a decision that changes their lives....
Hitcount: Story Total: 254452; Chapter Total: 10155







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Interlude


It was late.

Very late.

Three hooded figures were lurking in the shadows outside a tall building. They had been waiting for hours out in the cold, shivering under their cloaks but not daring to move for fear that they would be caught. The moon was shining brightly through the clouds and there was a threat of storm in the air. The wind whipped around them, causing them to shiver even more and pull their cloaks closer. Still they stood there and waited. They knew their master would not be happy with them for being gone for so long, but when they did return, he would be very happy. He would be even angrier if they messed this up and came back empty handed. So, they waited.

Someone stepped out of the building. He whistled cheerfully to himself as he turned to lock the door for the night. The three figures watched the man walk down the street and out of their sight.

Still they waited. If the man turned back around then all would be lost. So they continued to wait.

Silently they moved towards the door, wands drawn and ready. The tallest of the three whispered a few word and they heard the click of the lock. The other two muttered a few spells to disarm the alarm allowing them ten minutes to get on with their mission.

They quickly entered the building, looking for what they were waiting for. They past by room after room, desk after desk, searching for what they wanted and coming up empty handed. They continued to search, becoming frantic as time went on.

One of the figures stopped and examined a gold plaque next to a door. He grinned to himself as he read the name engraved on the plaque. With another whispered command, the door lock clicked and the figure entered. He searched the room, looking for something promising. He scanned the desk top and called to the others. They came running to him and joined his side.

There on the desk was what they were looking for. Quickly the tallest snatched it up and smiled at it triumphantly. With a few quick words, it glowed and a copy appeared beneath the original. The figure replaced the original and smiled at the other two before leaving the room and re-locking the door.

With only two minutes to go, they dashed out of the building and warded the building once more. No one would be any the wiser tomorrow morning when the employees returned.

The figures retreated back to the shadows, satisfied that they got what they wanted.

Suddenly an alarm went off, starling the three hooded figures. They didn’t know that the building had extra precautions.

Before the authorities could show up, they Disapparated from the scene before they would get caught.


*****


The cold sea splashed violently against the shores, drenching anything in its path. The wind howled fiercely, threatening to uproot the plants on the tiny island. It had already torn a palm tree out of its roots, hurling it into the dark grey water. It was a wonder how the tiny shack stood unharmed on the small island. Given the conditions, it should have been blown away and crashed into a thousand pieces in the violent waves, but yet it remained where it was on the island.

As the storm raged on, the occupants of the shack were undisturbed by it. They were comfortable in front of a roaring fire that burned brightly and bathed them in warmth. They were unconcerned with the old wooden shack above them. They knew it would hold. After all, they had placed the charms on it. Even if it did blow over all they had to do was wave their wands and it was be fine once more. Maybe if it did blow over, it would be for the better. Their hideout would be harder to spot.

Beneath the wooden shack the occupants stood in a half circle in a stone room around an armchair. It was dark and cold and the fire was the only thing bringing light and warmth. The only furniture in the chamber was a lone armchair that sat in front of the fire which was occupied.

Their master sat in the chair, staring into the fire. He was angry. Very angry. His servants knew this so they stood in silence not daring to make a move. Their master had sent three of his servants out in the morning on a mission and an extremely important mission at that. It was nearing midnight and they had not returned yet.

They would pay dearly for this when they came back. He would be sure that they would feel pain for making him wait. They had better have news to deliver or this would be the last time they would be sent on an important mission. In fact, it would be the last time they would anything again.

A loud knock was heard. No one spoke. No one moved.

“Nott! Let them in!” their master commanded. A cloaked figure left the half circle and went to the entrance. The passwords and codes were exchanged and Nott opened the portal. Three figures walked into the room, nervously approaching their master. They stood in front of their master and bowed deeply.

Their master eyed his bowed servants for a long while before giving them the command to stand.

“Rise,” he hissed. The three figures stood up and waited for their master to speak.

“So nice of you to join us,” he sneered.

“Please accept our apologies my lord,” the tallest one spoke, bowing once more. He eyed the three figures deciding on whether he should punish them for being late at once or let them explain. He decided the latter. Even if they had good news for him he would make sure they were punished.

“Why are you late Bellatrix,” he demanded. Bellatrix Lestrange lowered her hood and stared Lord Voldemort in the face. She knew he was not pleased with them and they would pay for making him wait.

“It was not easy my lord,” she said hesitantly. “We did not expect so many people to be in the town.”

“Hardly an excuse. I expect much better from you, much better,” Voldemort waved off her excuse and pierced her with his red eyes. She tensed slightly.

“There were Aurors there as well. We couldn’t just walk into town,” Bellatrix continued hoping that some excuse would work. “We had to use the Polyjuice potion we had and masqueraded about as residents.”

The other two nodded in agreement.

“And this took you all day? My dear Bella, I would think you would be quicker than that using Polyjuice. It seems that all that time in Azakaban has made you loose your touch,” Voldemort sneered at glared at the three of them. They flinched under his gaze. “Now, did you follow Potter.”

Finally something he would be pleased with.

“Yes master,” they replied.

“And,” he demanded. “What did you find?”

At this Bellatrix smiled. Yes, he would be very happy with this. “He has two weaknesses. Two red-headed weaknesses.”

“Do not play games with me Bellatrix. You three are walking on thin ice and your fates are hanging on a very thin thread,” Voldemort threatened, pleased to see them flinch under his gaze. He eyed Bellatirx curiously. “Continue.”

“It appears that Potter has a child of his own,” one of the shorter figures spoke up. Voldemort turned his attention to him. Voldemort did not look as happy as they expected and began to think that their information was useless.

“Potter has a child? How very interesting,” Voldemort said, stroking his chin thoughtfully. He fixed his eyes on the three Death Eaters again. “And how do you know it’s his child Flint?”

“We followed him. We saw him go everywhere with the kid, the girl too,” the other spoke.

“The girl?” Voldemort questioned.

“I know who she is my lord,” Marcus Flint spoke up quickly. Voldemort fixed his eyes on him and Marcus flinched under his gaze.

“Who?”

“Ginny Weasley. She’s the mother.”

Voldemort smiled. “Ah yes, young Ginevra.” He remembered her well. “How do you know that they are the parents?” Voldemort asked, eager to know more.

“I had an encounter with them in the Three Broomsticks. I was an old woman under the Polyjuice and the child threw his toy at me. I confronted Potter and the girl came over as well and argued with me. Both admitted to being the parents and both wearing wedding rings,” Bellatrix explained.

Voldemort’s mouth curled into a smile. This was perfect. Harry Potter had a child and wife. Yes, perfect indeed.

But he needed proof first. He eyed each servant standing in front of him

“Where’s your proof,” he demanded. They hesitated.

“That’s why we were late. A reporter from the Prophet was following them as well. We broke into the Daily Prophet and made a copy of a photo that was taken,” Marcus explained.

Bellatrix pulled the copy out of her robes and presented it to Voldemort. He looked over the photo. He stared at his enemy’s smiling face, tickling a child in his arms while his supposed wife was next to him. He looked closely and saw a gold band on the girl’s finger. This was much better than he expected.

He eyed a Death Eater in the half circle and beckoned him forward. The Death Eater walked out of his place in the circle and bowed before his master.

“Rise,” Voldemort commanded and he did. “I am in need of your connections,” Voldemort said and his lips curled into a smile.

The Death Eater nodded. “I shall send an owl my lord.”

Voldemort smiled, satisfied with the outcome of this mission and waved his servant back to his place in the circle. He turned back to the three Death Eaters in front of him. He looked over the picture in his hands and looked back at his servants.

“You have pleased me with this news. This is better than I had expected,” Voldemort praised them. They stood taller, pleased with themselves. “However,” they cowered slightly, knowing what was to come, “I am not pleased with your tardiness. You shall be taken care of. Nott! Crabbe! Goyle!”

Three figures came forward from the circle and seized one of the Death Eaters in front of their master.

“Make sure they learn not to keep me waiting again,” Voldemort commanded. The three of them shouted out, begging to be let go. But they knew it wouldn’t matter. Either way they were going to be punished.

Voldemort watched them leave the room and into another. He was feeling rather powerful at the moment, knowing he had a good plan to finally get back at Harry Potter. He would finally destory him once and for all.

He stood up and walked towards the fire. He threw the picture into it, laughing as the flames engulfed it.
Reviews 1042
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear