Search:

SIYE Time:22:43 on 18th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


It Happened One Night
By SunDevil05

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP, Buried Gems
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Angst, Drama, Fluff, General
Warnings: Death, Sexual Situations, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 1042
Summary: Harry and Ginny make a decision that changes their lives....
Hitcount: Story Total: 254439; Chapter Total: 11474







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


A/N: Is this a quick enough update for everyone? I surprised myself for getting this done so quickly. Now, since everyone is mad at me for that evil cliffhanger (it wasn't that evil, was it?), here is the last chapter of IHON. Mind you, this isn't the end, end. There's still the epilogue which I am currently about half way done with so hopefully that will be up in the next two weeks or so, then it will be the end. I'll post my final author's note at the end of that as well as my thank yours and such. And now . . . the final chapter.

DISCLAIMER: How many times must I tell you, I am not JKR in disguise! I'm just a poor college kid and don't own anything!




Chapter Twenty Nine


The school had returned to normalcy somewhat a week after the Final Battle. It was chaos the day after the final showdown. Students wanted to know how six teenagers took on numerous Death Eaters and Voldemort himself. But they weren’t the only ones; the press was very interested in the battle, as well as the Ministry of Magic and the Order of the Phoenix. Questions were answered, wounds were tended to, and the wizarding world was rejoicing.

Harry Potter had destroyed Voldemort.

The reign was terror was no more and the world was free.

Things were finally calming down and returning to normal.

But everything was far from normal for Ginny Potter.

Ginny was exhausted. Her body was screaming at her to sleep and rest but she didn’t want to. She wouldn’t until she knew Harry was all right.

Harry had managed to defeat Voldemort and save wizard kind, but he didn’t walk away unscathed. If fact he almost didn’t survive. It was merely a few seconds between life and death for him. If Harry had stayed awake for just a few more precious seconds, Voldemort’s Killing Curse would have hit him instead of grazing past Harry’s body as he fell and hitting the wall behind him. Harry had used so much energy and so much of his magic that it rendered him unconscious and very weak. It didn’t help that Harry’s kneecap was literally smashed and his shoulder was broken in two places and he suffered from several cuts and bruises. Madam Pomfrey and several Healers called in from St. Mungo’s were able to heal most of his injuries, but his kneecap would take several days to completely heal and he wouldn’t be able to walk for at least two weeks after it healed. He also wouldn’t be able to use his magic right away. He had used too much of it that he couldn’t even perform the simplest of spells for a few weeks, and then he would have to work himself up. He would have to rest and take it easy so that his magic could build up again and he could use it once more.

Still, he was lucky.

Neville, unlike anyone else, was in a deep coma and no one knew when he would wake up or if he even would at all, whereas Harry was expected to wake much quicker. He had suffered severe head trauma, but no one was entirely sure of the extent of the damage. Ginny wasn’t sure of what to make of it all. He was in a coma because he had thrown himself in front of her and James, yet he was the reason he had to do it in the first place. She had partially forgiven him, but Ginny didn’t think she would be able to fully forgive him or if she even could. But when he did wake, Neville would be put on trial and tried for a lesser form of treason and also for the murder of Bellatrix Lestrange.

But Neville was not the only who was going to trial. Draco Malfoy would be tried for Death Eater activity and the murder of his own father. And once again Ginny wasn’t sure of what to think. She felt anger towards him and for what he put her family through, but at the same time she felt sorry for him. He was forced to do something just so his daughter could survive and he did help them get James back. While his intentions had been noble, his actions certainly were not.

There was a weak cry and Ginny’s eyes traveled to a corner of the infirmary sheltered by a curtain. She heard a female voice join the crying and felt a pang of sadness for Pansy and Abigail. Malfoy had been whisked away to await his trial in Azakaban almost immediately after the return to Hogwarts. He was able to see his daughter for a brief moment and Ginny didn’t think he would see her again in the near future.

Ginny sighed and looked back at the bed where Harry was lying on. His eyes were closed and he was very pale. She took his hand in hers and squeezed it gently. She leaned over and brushed back his fringe with her other hand. She kissed his forehead softly and sat back.

She glanced at the bed on the other side of her where James was sleeping. He looked so small on the hospital bed and so at peace. He squirmed around a bit, kicking his feet and settled again. She wondered if he was dreaming and she hoped that if he did, it was good dreams. Ginny had feared that he would have nightmares about what had happened a week before. She was even more concerned when he woke from his sleep the night after they returned to the castle, crying and shaking. He had clung on to his mother tightly as she had tried to soothe him and get him to sleep. It broke Ginny’s hear to see him like that and she prayed that he wouldn’t have anymore nightmares. The use of a Memory Charm on her son had crossed her mind, but Ginny didn’t know if it really was a good idea. Those types of charms could be dangerous if performed on full grown adults and probably even more so if performed on infants. All she could hope was that his sleep wouldn’t be plagued with nightmares and that he would forget.

But when her eyes landed on his right arm, she knew he would never forget.

That curse that had hit him had left a long and deep cut on his arm. Madam Pomfrey was able to heal it, but she had told Ginny that more than likely there would be a scar that she could not remove. Ginny had cried after that, not wanting her baby boy to have memories of something like that, but then she had reminded herself that he was alive and perfectly fine and a scar was a small price to pay.

James yawned and stretched his arms and legs. He blinked sleepily and looked around the room, a look of confusion on his face. He turned his head and smiled at his mother.

“Did you sleep well my angel?” she whispered. James smiled sleepily at her and yawned again. She smiled at him and turned her gaze back to Harry.

“Da?”

Ginny turned to look at James who was now craning his neck to see his father. Ginny smiled sadly and let go of Harry’s hand. She stood up and sat next to James on the bed. She picked him up and settled him in her lap. James looked up at her and back at Harry again.

“Da?” he inquired once more, his voice more persistent.

“Daddy will be just fine,” Ginny assured him.

They sat there for a few minutes, Ginny relishing in spending some time with her son. James’ eyelids began to droop once more so Ginny settled him on the bed and took up her vigil next to Harry. She took his hand and watched him.

Ginny’s heart gave a great leap and she fixed her eyes on Harry’s face. She could have sworn she saw his eyelids move. She watched his face intently and held her breath, but nothing came. She sighed and she closed her eyes, exhaustion settling in.

“Gin?” a voice croaked. Ginny’s eyes flew open and she looked down at Harry. He was looking back at her and struggling to sit up. Unable to restrain herself, she threw herself on him and hugged him tightly.

“Oh Harry!” she cried, kissing every inch of his face. “Oh Harry! You’re awake!”

“Gin,” he croaked weakly, his voice hoarse from not using it in a while. She let him go and quickly poured him a glass of water from the pitcher sitting on the small end table next to the bed. She held it up to his lips and he drank gratefully from it. He smiled his thanks and she set the glass on the table.

“Mrs. Potter! What is all this noise?” Madam Pomfrey scolded, scurrying out of her office. Her eyes widened at the sight of Harry wake. “Oh good heavens! He’s awake!”

She bustled over and frantically began examining her charge.

After several minutes of Madam Pomfrey waving her wand and forcing potions down Harry’s throat, she deemed him to be fine for the most part and looked at him sharply.

“You’re in for a rough time, Mr. Potter,” she said sternly. “You broke your shoulder in two places and it’ll feel stiff and sore for a few days but otherwise its fine. You completely shattered your kneecap and while I was able to repair most of the damage, I’m afraid it’s not completely healed. That’ll take several days and even after that you won’t be able to walk on it for at least two weeks.

“You also used an extraordinary amount of your magic in a short amount of time and I’m afraid that has left you drained and weak. You won’t be able to perform simple spells for a few weeks and then after that, you’ll have to gradually work your way up.

“Now, you will remain in here for a few weeks, Mr. Potter — and there’s no getting out of this Mr. Potter, so don’t even try to protest it! You need your rest and you need to take it easy. I don’t want you to end up in here again, Mr. Potter! Merlin knows you’ve been in this Hospital Wing enough to last you two lifetimes! I should have just reserved you your own bed.”

She turned to Ginny and gave her a stern look.

“You may visit with him for a little while, but after that I want you to go back to your dormitory and let him rest. Do I make myself clear?” Madam Pomfrey said, crossing her arms and fixing Ginny with a sharp look. Ginny nodded and she left the two of them along again.

Harry stared after Madam Pomfrey in confusion.

“What exactly happened?” Harry asked. Ginny took her seat again and smoothed out his blankets.

“You passed out and have been lying here for a week in a coma,” Ginny explained, running a hand through his hair in what she hoped would be a soothing manner.

“I have?” He looked up at her and frowned.

“How do you feel?” she asked gently.

Harry didn’t think he had been in so much pain before. His shoulder felt very stiff and sore and there was dull pain throbbing in his knee. His muscles were aching and protesting all movement and his head was pounding. He felt like a herd of hippogriffs had just run him over.

“Terrible,” he moaned. Ginny took his hand with her free one and squeezed it while continuing to run a hand through his hair. It was a pleasant feeling, something that he always enjoyed but never admitted it to anyone. Not even Ginny knew he liked it when she ran her hand through his hair. He closed his eyes, the soothing effects of Ginny’s hand relaxing him, when a thought crossed his mind.

Harry’s eyes flew open and sat up, ignoring the pain that shot through his body as he did. “Voldemort? What happened to him? James! James, where is he?”

“Harry, relax,” Ginny said, removing her hand from his hair. “James is right here. He’s sleeping.”

She gestured to the bed next to her and moved to allow Harry to see. He breathed a sigh of relief at the sight of his son curled up on the hospital bed and sound asleep.

“And Voldemort?” he asked looking at her. Ginny smiled at him.

“Gone. You did it Harry,” she whispered. Harry smiled softly at her and leaned back against the pillow again. Ginny resumed running her hand through his hand again.

“It’s over then?” he asked and Ginny nodded.

“For the most part, yes. You did your part,” Ginny said. Harry closed his eyes briefly and took a deep breath. He opened them and Ginny saw something in them she couldn’t quite describe.

“What happened after I passed out?” he asked, his voice still sounding slightly hoarse and weak.

Ginny sighed and squeezed his hand gently.

“Your spell hit Voldemort first, obviously, and his hit the wall. The Death Eaters panicked. They didn’t know what to do since their leader was now dead. Before they could do anything, Aurors and the Order showed up along with Snape and duels broke out everywhere. Some Aurors managed to get Ron and Hermione and Malfoy free from those webs and they helped take out some more Death Eaters. I tried to help, but I was more concerned about you and James. I’m not entirely sure of what happened next, it’s all a blur, but I remember that the walls were starting to crumble from all those spells hitting it and the next thing I knew, someone grabbed me and sent us back to Hogwarts. The lair collapsed, I think.

“They rushed us to the Hospital Wing. You were injured the worst, well . . . except for . . . for Neville.” Ginny’s voice trailed off and she looked away from Harry.

“What happened to Neville?” Harry asked, fearing that someone else had lost their life.

“He hit his head really hard. They think he’s suffering from a brain injury. He’s in a very deep coma. They sent him straight to St. Mungo’s and they don’t know if he will ever wake up,” Ginny said. “If he does wake, he’s going to be put on trial for everything that happened. There are even going to try him for murdering that horrible LeStrange woman. Just like Malfoy is going to be tried for murdering his father and, well, everything else.”

“Malfoy’s going to be put on trial?” Harry asked and Ginny nodded.

“Once they made sure everyone was physically all right, they asked us loads of questions and Malfoy confessed to everything. They took him to Azkaban along with all the other Death Eaters they managed to catch,” Ginny explained. Her eyes brightened slightly. “Harry, they got Wormtail, too.”

Harry stared at her. Was he hearing this right? Wormatil was caught?

“He — he was?”

Ginny nodded.

“They couldn’t believe it, Harry. They did all sorts of spells to make sure it was him. Harry, do you know what this means?” Ginny continued, holding his hand tightly and looking into his weary eyes. “Sirius’ name could be cleared.”

Harry was conflicted with his feelings for a moment. Sirius’ name could be cleared and everyone would know he was innocent and that thought made him happy. But, on the other hand, Sirius was dead and would never know that he had been cleared. A bittersweet feeling swelled inside of him and he felt the urge to cry tears of joy and sadness.

“If only . . .” Harry began and felt a tear slide down his cheek. Ginny brushed it away with her thumb and smiled softly at him.

“I know,” she whispered. “I know.”

Harry offered her a weak smile and took a shuddering breath.

“So, they caught the Death Eaters?” Harry asked, trying to move the subject away from Sirius and find out what was going on.

“Most of them. Some escaped, but not many. They have them all in Azkaban right now,” Ginny confirmed. “But they aren’t being guarded by the dementors. There was an attack in Hogsmeade. Hundreds of dementors were there and they were headed for the castle. But they didn’t get that far. A lot of Aurors showed up and managed to get it under control, so the school was never attacked, but some of the residents in Hogsmeade suffered. Some people were Kissed.”

Harry felt guilt wash over him. More pain and suffering. More lives shattered. If only he had destroyed Voldemort the first time he met him. He had so many chances to do it, yet he didn’t and more and more people suffered because of him.

“Don’t you even try to blame yourself, Harry James Potter,” Ginny snapped, sending at glare at him, obviously knowing his thoughts. Harry opened his mouth to retort but she stopped him. “I know that you want to blame yourself for it, but it isn’t your fault. None of it is your fault, so don’t even begin to think that is it. You did what you could.”

Harry was too weak to argue with her so he nodded his head and gave in.

Ginny seemed to be pacified and sighed.

Harry heard a soft sound and Ginny turned to look at the bed next to her. She turned back and looked at Harry.

“I think he’s awake,” Ginny said. She stood up and went to get James. Harry struggled to sit up, wincing at the soreness and pain he felt all over, but he would be damned if he wasn’t going to spend some time with his son.

James yawned sleepily; his chest nestled against Ginny’s chest. Ginny sat down in the chair with James in her arms and James snuggled closer to her, happy to be so close to his mother. His green eyes caught sight of Harry and he squealed in delight, reaching out for his father and trying to wiggle away from Ginny.

“Da!” he shouted happily and Ginny carefully handed him to Harry. Harry chuckled softly, wincing slightly, and happy to have James safe and sound. James babbled to him happily and seemed to be in complete bliss. Harry smiled down at him and looked over at Ginny. She was watching James with a sad look in her eyes.

“Gin, is he okay?” Harry asked, concern lacing his tone. Ginny looked up at him and smiled weakly at him.

“He’s all right,” Ginny said. “Except for that scar.”

“Scar?” Harry repeated at looked James over. On his right arm a dark red line stretched from the middle of his forearm and across his elbow, dipping just beneath Harry’s view. He examined it closely as James continued to babble incoherently at him and looked back at Ginny.

“Madam Pomfrey was able to heal it, so it doesn’t hurt him anymore, but she’s certain that he’ll have a scar that she won’t be able to get rid of,” Ginny explained. “Other than that, he’s fine.”

“He shouldn’t have that to begin with,” Harry said angrily.

“I know, but at least he’s still alive Harry. We didn’t lose another child,” Ginny said softly. Pain filled her eyes and she tried to hide it from him.

“And Voldemort paid for that,” Harry said darkly. Their eyes met briefly and silence fell over the couple, broken only by the sounds that James continued to make.

“I think he might have nightmares, too,” Ginny said softly, causing Harry to look at her in shock.

“Why do you say that?” Harry asked. She sighed and closed her eyes briefly. She opened them and looked at James.

“The night after the battle he woke up in the middle of the night. I’ve never heard him cry like that, Harry, and he was shaking so bad. It took me forever to calm him down and get him to sleep again,” Ginny explained, looking up at Harry again. “I felt so helpless. I didn’t know what to do for him. Oh, Harry. I don’t want him to suffer like that.”

Harry sighed and kissed the top of James’ head. “He’ll be okay. As long as we’re here for him, he’ll be all right.”

Another silence fell. Harry glanced at his wife and he noticed the worrisome and troubled look in her eyes. He looked away from her and sighed softly.

“Are you okay?” Harry asked quietly, watching as James tried to pull Harry’s blanket over himself.

“I’m okay,” Ginny said just as quietly. “I didn’t have many injuries except for that curse that hit my leg. I’ll be fine. It’s you that won’t be okay for a while.”

Harry groaned.

“I’m going to go barmy in here,” Harry moaned. Ginny smiled at him.

“Don’t worry, love. We’ll visit you everyday,” Ginny assured him. Harry returned her smile and sighed. He heard some coughing and looked around the room. He spotted the curtained off area and looked at Ginny for an explanation.

“Pansy with Abigail,” Ginny whispered. “The baby was really sick and they’ve been keeping her in here until she’s strong enough. Pansy’s refusing to leave until she’s healthy again.”

Harry nodded his understanding and wondered what Pansy was going through and how she was handling Malfoy being taken to Azkaban like that. He tore his eyes away from the secluded corner and noticed the lack of other students, particularly his two best friends.

“Where are Ron and Hermione? Are they okay?” Harry asked.

“They’re okay. Neither one suffered a lot of injuries, though those webs that Voldemort used left some ugly marks on them. Madam Pomfrey reckons they’ll go away in a few days,” Ginny told him. “They’ve been visiting you while you were out. They came in earlier this morning.”

“Oh.” Harry was slightly disappointed that his friends weren’t there.

“They’ll come. I’ll tell them you’re awake when we go back,” Ginny assured him.

Harry smiled softly at her and once again there was silence.

Madam Pomfrey came by a few minutes later and shooed Ginny and James out of the infirmary. Ginny gave Harry a gentle kiss before she left with James and promised to return in the morning.


* * * * *


Ginny was fuming. She should have known Harry would do something as stupid as this.

She stood in the Hospital Wing, clad in her dirty Quidditch uniform, her hair up in a messy ponytail, arms crossed and foot tapping rapidly on the floor as she watched Harry wince in pain as Madam Pomfrey worked on his knee . . . again.

Harry had been released from the infirmary three weeks ago. He wasn’t completely healed but he was well enough to leave the care of Madam Pomfrey and he would be fine as long as he followed the rules the matron had given him. While he could walk, stiffly and with a slight limp, she warned him to be extremely cautious with his knee. He also had to take it very easy, rest as much as possible, and limit himself at using magic. This latter part meant that he was excused from all the practical parts of his N.E.W.T’s. He would only have to take the written portions of them, except in Potions since it did not require the use of a wand or spells. Harry had followed her instructions, doing everything he needed and avoiding situations he knew would cause him harm.

Except for when he showed up on the Quidditch pitch, dressed in his Quidditch robes with his Firebolt slung over his shoulder.

The final match between Gryffindor and Slytherin had been rescheduled for June 11, a few days before all the exams were to be completed and also James’ first birthday. Ginny and Harry planned for a small celebration for their son after the match and the rest of Gryffindor house was happy to help them out. Ginny had dressed James in his best clothes; a white short sleeved collared shirt with dark blue jean overall shorts, white socks, and white tennis shoes. Harry, still recovering from the final battle, had promised Ginny he would keep him clean during the match and he would take it easy and not wear himself out before James’ party. Little did she know that Harry had other plans.

She had shouted at him for coming on the pitch dressed to play. It had already been decided that she would play Seeker and they would just have two Chasers. Unlike the Slytherin team, who had trained a new Seeker as soon as they found out Malfoy would not be playing, they opted not to train a new player, knowing that it would be too difficult and that they already had a strong lead to win the Quidditch cup. But it seemed that all the shouting that Ginny had done was for nothing. Ron had sided with Harry and Ginny found herself positively seething with anger. Defeated, she had stormed out on to the pitch. She would give Harry what was coming to him later.

Ginny didn’t have to wait until later though; the Slytherin team had taken care of it for her. The Slytherin team was furious with Harry. They had blamed him for their Seeker being in Azkaban and had taken revenge on him at every moment they could. Bludgers had been repeatedly sent towards Harry, and one had even hit his injured knee. He had gritted his teeth and had taken the pain so he could continue to play. Later on, as Harry and the new Slytherin Seeker, a scrawny yet fast and deceitful third year, had been racing each other for the Snitch, Harry’s broom had hit the ground as he caught the Snitch and he had landed hard on his knees.

Ginny and Ron had helped him to the Hospital Wing, Ginny whispering angrily under her breath at him as they had made their way. Once they got there, Madam Pomfrey took one look at him and shouted at him for his recklessness.

“This is the last time I want to see you in here, Mr. Potter!” Madam Pomfrey shouted at him as she bustled to a storage room in the infirmary. She pulled out a pair of crutches and returned to the bed Harry was in. “Here. You’ll have to use these for a while. Healing can only go so far.”

She went to another storage room and emerged a few moments later with a bottle of orange potion.

“You’ll need to take this once a day for the pain. I’m afraid there isn’t more I can do for you. It’ll have to heal naturally now,” Madam Pomfrey said. She quickly instructed Harry on how to use the crutches and sent him and Ginny on their way.

They walked in silence and the only sound between them was the tapping of the crutches on the stone floor.

“Ginny?” Harry hazarded.

“Don’t talk to me right now,” she hissed. “I’m very, very, very upset with you.”

Harry gulped and didn’t try to engage her in conversation at the time being. He was already going to suffer her wrath and he didn’t want to make it any worse.

They reached the portrait hole and Harry struggled with the crutches as they entered the common room.

A party was taking place to celebrate Gryffindor’s victory as well as James’ first birthday. A banner hung across the opposite wall of the portal that flashed the words “Happy First Birthday James” in maroon and gold colors. Balloons floated around the room and some of the younger students were catching them and tossing them to each other. Ron had James in his arms, holding him in the air as James tried to grab a balloon of his own. He wore a red party hat that proclaimed him to be the birthday boy and gold stars swooped around and around the paper hat. James succeeded in grabbing a string of a balloon and squealed in delight. Ron laughed at him and spotted Ginny and Harry making their way to the sofas.

“All right, Harry?” Ron called as he made his way towards them.

Harry looked up at his brother-in-law, wobbling a little on the crutches. He glanced at his wife who still wore a furious look on her face.

“Sort of,” he said. Harry sighed and struggled to sit on a sofa. He winced as a sharp pain shot through his knee and wondered if he could prop his leg up on something. Ginny seemed to have the same thoughts and angrily pulled a footstool away from an armchair. She yanked his leg up and Harry hissed in pain and she placed his foot on the footstool. She turned and set her glare on Harry and Harry knew he was in for it.

“Of all the stupid things you have ever done, this tops it all! You knew you were supposed to take it easy! Merlin, Harry, you can barely walk again let alone play Quidditch!” she shouted at him.

“Lay off him, Ginny,” Ron said and sat James on the floor in front of him. James was too enthralled with his balloon to notice that his parents were there. “You can’t blame him for what he did.”

Ginny turned on her brother as watched as he took a seat next to Harry on the sofa.

“Ron, he put himself in danger and now look at him! He’s on crutches!” Ginny pointed out.

“I couldn’t miss my last match!” Harry pleaded his case.

“Exactly! This was his last Quidditch match ever in school. He just couldn’t miss it!” Ron chimed in, crossing his arms across his chest and looking smugly up at Ginny. “And we won because of him.”

“That’s not the point! Harry knew he wasn’t supposed to do any strenuous physical activities!” Ginny shouted.

“You weren’t so concerned about me doing strenuous physical activities last night,” Harry replied, raising an eyebrow at her.

Ginny felt herself blush and she narrowed her eyes at him and stalked towards him.

“Well then, the next time you need some assistance, you better consider enlisting the help of a cold shower because I certainly won’t,” she said in a quiet voice with a hint of finality.

Harry sputtered for a moment and stared at her. Ginny spun on her heels and marched towards a table full of food. Harry groaned and leaned his head back. He covered his face with his hands and wondered how he could fix this all now.

“I don’t think I want to know what all that means,” Ron said. “But I’m sure that it’s not something good for you.”

Harry dropped his hands from his face and turned to face Ron.

“You think?” Harry sighed and buried his face in his hands again.

“Sorry, mate,” Ron said and patted Harry’s injured knee. Harry yelped in pain and gently covered his knee with his hands. Ron backed away quickly, muttering apologies; not daring to touch Harry at all and James looked up at Harry in surprise, his balloon slipping from his hands and drifted towards the ceiling. Harry refrained from shouting obscenities in front of his son and bit down hard on his bottom lip, squeezing his eyes shut.

A few moments later, he felt someone move his hands and brush his Quidditch robes aside. He opened his eyes and saw Ginny pushing the leg of his trousers up and placing a small towel on his knee. He shivered slightly from the ice cold feel of it and it slowly began to numb the pain away. Ginny looked up and smiled softly at him.

“I might be extremely mad with you right now, but I still love you and I do care about you,” Ginny said. Harry gave her a lopsided smile.

“I’m sorry for being so reckless,” he apologized. Ginny smiled at him and leaned up to kiss him softly. She turned around and smiled widely at James.

“There’s my birthday boy!” she cooed at him. James smiled at her and scrambled to his feet. He stood there for a moment and looked at his parents. He reached out to them, wanting them to pick him up.

“Come on sweetie, come to Mummy,” Ginny said, holding her arms out and coaxing him to her. James looked at Ginny and switched his gaze to Harry, holding his arms out to his father and said his newest word, “up.”

Harry shook his head.

“Don’t look at me. I can’t walk,” Harry said. “You can do it, son. Come on.”

While Harry had been in the infirmary, James had attempted to take his first step but only succeeded in falling on his backside. Since then, Ginny had tried to get him to walk by holding on to both of his holds and slowly walking backwards, hoping the infant would get the hang of it. Once Harry was released from the hospital wing, he tried as well but due to his injury all he could do was encourage James to walk.. All they could do now was wait until James was ready to do it on his own.

James looked back and forth between his parents. Both watched him, Ginny with her arms still held out towards James and urging him to come to her. James looked down at his own two feet with a hesitant look on his face and he looked up again. He held his arms out once more.

“Up!” he said, but Harry and Ginny only shook their heads at him.

The now one year old lifted his foot and carefully set it out in front of him. Ever so slowly, he lifted his back foot and moved it out in front of his other one.

The young parents’ faces lit up with excitement and pride as they watched James take two more clumsy steps. Just within her reach, Ginny scooped him up in her arms and kissed his cheek.

“That’s my boy!” Harry shouted, grinning widely at his son. James scrambled out of his mother’s grasp and tried to climb up to get to his father. Harry reached down for him and plopped him on his lap.

The party went on and the news of James taking his first few steps quickly leaked to the whole of Gryffindor house. While Harry remained sitting on the sofa with his leg propped up, Ginny took James around the room, letting him walk on his own and staying close by just in case he fell and Ron followed them with Harry and Ginny’s camera. James quickly caught on to the concept of walking and Ginny had a sinking feeling that her little one would be running in a matter of weeks which only meant trouble for her.

Later on, Ginny sat with James on the floor with Harry still on the sofa to open James’ presents. He had received a number of new toys and clothes, and to Ginny’s horror all over again, the toy broomstick Harry had given to him the previous Christmas.

“Boo!” James squealed at the sight of the toy broomstick and his parents looked at him in surprise. “Boo! Boo!”

“You’re on a roll today,” Harry chuckled at James. Ginny had quickly gotten over the shock of James adding a new word to his vocabulary and turned to glare at her husband.

“Harry,” she warned and Harry held up his hands in protest.

“You said he could have it on his first birthday!” Harry defended himself. “You specifically told me he could have it when he turned one!”

Ginny pursed her lips together and turned away from him, not wanting to get into another argument. That could wait until later.

After James finished opening his presents, everyone gathered around one of the study tables. Harry had hobbled over with the help of Ron and took a seat at the table, propping his leg up on another chair. Ginny sat James in a high chair, while Ron continued to snap pictures, and Hermione placed a large cake shaped like a Snitch in front of him (compliments of Dobby and some other house elves). The words “Happy 1st Birthday James” were written in blue icing on the cake and a large candle shaped as the number one sat on it. James stared at it in awe a look of curiosity on his little face. He was slightly startled when everyone sang “Happy Birthday” to him. Once they were done, Ginny and Harry tried to coax him to blow out the candle and demonstrated blowing to him. He looked at his parents in confusion as they continued to blow and point at the cake. Finally, he looked at the cake and leaned forward in his high chair. He stuck his tongue out and tried to blow as hard as he could. It finally took the combined efforts of James and Harry to blow out the candle and the crowd of Gryffindors applauded loudly. James wore a gleeful look on his face, obviously liking all the attention.

Ginny and Hermione cut the cake and passed it out to the other students. Ginny had cut a small piece for James and set it on his plastic tray of his high chair. James wasted no time in plunging his hand into his slice, chocolate cake and yellow icing all over his hand, and shoving some in his mouth.

Ginny cringed as James used his other hand and soon his hands, arms, face, and the tray was covered with cake. She sighed and picked up an unused fork. She took a piece of Harry’s cake and put it in her mouth, knowing that James would be having a second bath that day.

“Get your own,” Harry said and pulled his plate away from her. Ginny rolled her eyes at him and then narrowed them.

“Do you really want to make me even angrier today?” she asked him. Harry’s eyes widened in fear and he pushed his plate in between them.

Harry watched James shove a handful of cake into his mouth and smiled.

“I can’t believe he’s already a year old,” Harry said.

“I know. He’s growing up really fast,” Ginny sighed. Harry chuckled softly to himself and Ginny gave him a questioning look.

“What?” she asked. Harry took a bite of his slice of cake before answering her.

“I just think it’s funny that a year ago today you were in pain and now this year I’m the one in pain,” Harry said. Ginny raised an eyebrow at him.

“I hardly think you can compare labor and knee injuries in regards to pain. I think that I was in much more pain then than you are in now,” Ginny pointed out.

“I know, I know,” Harry quickly agreed.

Ginny’s eyes flickered to her cake covered son and smiled.

“But every moment of it was worth it,” she said.


* * * * *


“Da!”

James toddled unsteadily in the hallway of the train as Harry leaned against the wall, a half eaten Pumpkin Pastry in his hand and watching James. Harry tore off a tiny piece of the pastry and gave it to James who gleefully shoved it in his mouth.

When they had first boarded the train James’ eyes were filled with curiosity. He had stood up on the seat of their compartment, his little hands and face pressed up against the window and watched the scenery go by. He had soon grown tired of that and played with his toys, but even that had bored him so Ginny suggested that she take James in the hallway so he could have some room to walk. Harry offered that he go since he needed to try to use his knee again. After much deliberation with his wife, Harry took James out of the compartment and let him toddle to his heart’s content.

The train gave a sudden lurch and Harry had to steady himself, wincing at the ever present pain in his knee.

He heard James cry and quickly looked down. If was obvious the one year old did not except for the train to move like that and it had caught him off guard, sending him to the ground in mid-toddle. Tears streamed down his face and he wailed loudly. His face was turning red and he held his arms up towards Harry. Harry sighed and slowly bent down to pick James up, trying to not put a lot of pressure on his injured knee. He succeeded, then he slowly straightened up and limped heavily back to the compartment he shared with Ginny, Ron, and Hermione.

Ginny looked up from her magazine when she heard the door slide open and heard James’ cries.

“What happened?” Ginny asked, setting the magazine down and standing up to take James from Harry.

“He fell and didn’t expect it,” Harry explained as he handed James to Ginny. Ginny sat down and soothed her son. James calmed down after a few moments and put his head on his mother’s chest.

“See, you’re okay,” Ginny said as she rubbed his back. James only snuggled closer to her.

Harry watched them and after a few minutes James had fallen asleep. Ginny gently put James on the seat and found a blanket to cover him with.

Harry watched James sleep for a few moments and looked out the window, thoughts whirling around in his mind.

He had taken his N.E.W.T.s which meant he was now done with school. There were no more tests to take or classes to attend. No more sneaking around in the middle of the night and getting detentions. No more listening to lectures or taking notes and definitely no more Professor Snape.

It felt strange knowing he would never return to Hogwarts as a student, but it felt even stranger knowing that the fear of Voldemort attacking would no longer loom over him again.

Harry had fulfilled the prophecy and the world could breath easy once more. Harry had felt relieved that the weight of the world was no longer on his shoulders and he could finally have a normal life (or as normal as it could be for a seventeen year old father). But at the same time he couldn’t help but feel dirty. He murdered someone. He had used an Unforgivable on someone. Regardless of the fact that it was Voldemort, the most evil Dark wizard ever, Harry still felt a bit guilty. And he couldn’t help but wonder if this made him the same as Voldemort. Was he really any better than him after committing a murder?

He had voiced his feelings to his wife a few days before. Ginny had listened and told him that he feeling guilty over it made him the exact opposite of Voldemort. Unlike Harry, Voldemort felt no remorse for murdering someone or even for any of the horrifying things he did. He hadn’t cared if it was right or wrong, to him it was power and he relished in it. She had said that the fact that Harry did feel guilty and that he was still feeling like this nearly two months after it happened, made him the opposite of Voldemort. Unlike Voldemort, Harry had a heart. He had felt a little better after he talked with Ginny, but he knew it would take a while for him to truly get over it.

The train rolled on, further and further away from Hogwarts. The rest of the ride was relatively quiet, especially with James taking a three hour nap. Ginny and Hermione discussed potential wedding plans while Ron and Harry played a game of chess. When James finally did wake from his nap, the train was slowing down and soon after the Potters and their friends were getting off the train.

Ron had offered to take Ginny and Harry’s trunks and loaded them on to a trolley with his own, leaving Harry free to use his crutches and Ginny to hold James.

Just like every year, the students waited in small groups to pass through the barrier and after a small wait, the Potters found themselves in Muggle London once more.

Harry spotted a mass of red hair among the crowd and saw that only Molly, Arthur, and the twins were there. They made their way to the Weasleys, fighting through the throng of people crowded around the trains.

“Oh, look at him! Oh he’s gotten so big! Come to Grandmum!” Molly shouted and took James from Ginny’s arms as soon as they reached the family. Molly showered James’ face with kisses, gushing over how much he had grown and ruffling his hair. “Oh look at this mop! Taking after his father, I see.”

James was passed to Arthur and twins before reaching his mother’s arms again, looking quite relieved as the family greeted the others. The twins gave Harry a very stiff greeting and Harry knew that he wasn’t quite forgiven yet.

“Harry, dear, how are you feeling? Is your knee all right?” Molly asked when she pulled away from giving him a hug.

“It’s okay. Still hurts, though,” Harry said. “Madam Pomfrey reckons it should be completely healed in a few months.”

“Well it would have healed a lot sooner if you hadn’t gone out and played Quidditch,” Molly scolded him and turned on Ron. “I can’t believe you let him play, Ronald Weasley!”

Ron cringed away from his mother.

“Come on Mum! I already got yelled at by Ginny,” Ron said, attempting to hide behind Hermione.

“Don’t think that’s going to stop me from giving you a piece of my mind Ronald Weasley. You just wait until we get home,” Molly said sternly and Ron gulped. Harry chucked softly at his best friend and Molly turned to him. “You too, Harry.”

Harry paled at her look and it was Ginny’s turn to giggle.

James squirmed around in Ginny’s arms, letting his mother know he no longer wanted to be held. Ginny set him on the floor and James stood there for a minute, looking around at all the people who rushed by. His little green eyes widened in excitement as his new surroundings and he looked eagerly around before carefully toddling away from his parents.

“He’s walking?” Fred asked, looking at his nephew in amazement. Ginny nodded and watched James closely. His eyes roamed around the train station and he spotted a ticket booth not to far from them and began to take off towards it, toddling clumsily.

“Oh no you don’t,” Ginny said and quickly took his hand before he wandered off. James looked up at his mother and tried to pull his hand away from her grasp but Ginny only held on to his hand tighter. He pouted at her and looked around sullenly.

Harry smiled at his son and looked up and watched as Hermione found her parents and greeted them with Ron in tow. He watched as Hermione showed off her engagement ring to her mother and Ron squirmed uncomfortably under her father’s eyes. Harry turned away and saw something he didn’t quite expect to see not too far from the Weasleys. He frowned and made his way on his crutches towards the Dursleys.

Uncle Vernon was staring at the Weasleys with hatred in his eyes while Aunt Petunia stood next to him, her head held up in a haughty manner. Dudley was standing behind them as if he was trying to hide (which didn’t really work seeing the size of him), looking at the twins in horror.

“Come on boy, we don’t have all day,” Uncle Vernon said gruffly as soon as Harry approached them.

“What are you doing here?” Harry asked immediately, ignoring Uncle Vernon’s demand.

“To pick you up of course,” Uncle Vernon stated. “Now come on. We have a long list of chores for you to do.”

Harry stared at him for a minute.

“I’m not going anywhere with you. I’m going home with my family,” Harry said.

“Family? You have no family!” Uncle Vernon sneered and Harry heard Dudley snigger from behind him. “We’re the only family you have, unfortunately for us.”

“You’re no family,” Harry replied angrily.

“Well we’re all you have and if you want to be safe from that Lord Voleymart, you best be getting your things,” Uncle Vernon said.

“That’s where you’re wrong because Voldemort doesn’t exist anymore and I’m the reason he doesn’t,” Harry laughed dryly. “I came face to face with him and I killed him two months ago which means I don’t need any of you anymore.”

The color in their faces drained.

“You — you killed him?” Aunt Petunia whispered fearfully. Harry turned to her and nodded.

“Yes, I did,” Harry confirmed.

There was an uneasy silence among them and Dudley looked terrified of Harry.

“I’m seventeen now and a fully qualified wizard. I don’t need you and your protection anymore and I’ll never have to see you again,” Harry said after a few moments of silence. Uncle Vernon looked like he was going to reply but was cut off by a loud cry.

Harry looked around and saw James lying on the ground crying loudly. It was obvious that he had escaped his mother’s grasp and was coming after Harry only to trip on his way. Harry dropped his crutches, forgetting that the Dursleys were there, and hobbled to his son. He picked him up limped back to his dropped crutches, James crying the whole way.

“Shh, it’s okay, it’s okay. Daddy’s got you now,” Harry said to him and kissed the top of his head as James’ wails persisted,

“Is he all right?” Ginny’s panicked voice came. Harry looked behind him and saw Ginny rushing towards him. She took James from Harry and held him close to her.

“He tripped. He’s fine,” Harry said. Ginny sighed and smoothed James’ hair back as he started to calm down a bit.

“I’m going to kill Fred! He wanted to hold him for a bit so I let him and I was talking to Mum and the next thing I knew he let him run off. Thank Merlin he went towards you. I don’t think I could deal with him being taken away again,” Ginny explained, his voice growing soft towards the end of her words. She bent down and picked up Harry’s crutches one at a time to hand them back to him. Harry looked back at the Dursleys to see looks of shock on their faces.

“Ginny,” Harry looked at his wife, “these are the Dursleys. These are the people who made my life a living hel —”

“Harry!”

“— nightmare,” Harry corrected his language. He looked back at the Dursleys again. “This is my wife, Ginny, and our son, James.”

“Wife? Son? That kid is yours?” Aunt Petunia cried, blatantly staring at James as if he were some sort of freak on a carnival sideshow. Dudley was peeking behind Uncle Vernon’s shoulder. He looked at Ginny and seemed to gain some sort of confidence for he had stepped out from behind his father.

“Yes, he is,” Harry confirmed. “You found out last summer that I had a son before I left your home and it’s none of your business either.”

“Hello there,” Dudley said in a pathetic attempt at flirting. “I’m Dudley Dursley and the man of your dreams.”

He smirked at her and looked Ginny up and down in a way that made Harry’s blood boil.

“Hands off Dursley, she’s my wife,” Harry snarled, his hands clenching on his crutches.

“Harry, love, let me handle this,” Ginny said gently to Harry and took a step towards Dudley.

“So, you’re the man of my dreams, are you?” Ginny said sweetly. Dudley grinned and nodded.

“Son, you don’t want to mix with her kind,” Uncle Vernon warned. “She’s just another low life tramp.”

Harry gritted his teeth and was about to hurl his crutches towards Uncle Vernon, but Ginny simply turned around and glared at him. She turned back around once she was sure Harry wouldn’t do anything.

“Tramp, am I?” Ginny echoed and stood in front of Uncle Vernon. “Well, this is one tramp you don’t want to mess with.”

She lifted her foot and stomped on Uncle Vernon’s foot then lifted her knee and Harry winced when he saw where she aimed it.

Uncle Vernon doubled over and Aunt Petunia immediately tried to aid him. Dudley looked at his father and then at Ginny, his eyes widening in horror and he looked down.

“Come along Harry,” Ginny said, turning around and making her way back to her family. Harry caught her slipping her wand discreetly into her jean pocket as she walked away from the scene. Harry gave his so-called family one last look before he turned on his crutches and made his way back to the Weasleys.

“What did you do to him?” Harry asked once they were out of ear shot. Ginny grinned mischievously at him.

“I modified the family jewels a bit. Though I don’t think it did much of a difference anyway seeing as how small he was to begin with,” Ginny said. Harry laughed out loud at her.

“Brilliant!” he cried. Ginny beamed proudly as they continued on their way.

“Everyone ready then?” Arthur asked as Ron and Hermione shared one last hug before she went to join her parents. After a quick check to make sure they had all their belongings, they made their way to the Ministry cars that were waiting for them.


* * * * *


The Weasley dinner table was filled with conversations, laughter, and food. Bill, Charlie, Percy and Penelope were all waiting at the Burrow for them to celebrate Ron’s (and Harry’s as Molly insisted, sending glares at her sons) completion of school, as well as a family celebration of James’ birthday. The twins were telling Ron and Harry (only after both Ginny and Molly sent death glares in their direction) about their latest inventions while Molly fussed over James. Charlie was telling Ginny and Bill about his pending return to Romania as he had completely recovered from his injuries and was able to work with dragons again, and Arthur discussed with Percy and Penelope about the Ministry’s recent communication with the Muggle Prime Minister.

“Open up for Grandmum sweetie,” Molly cooed and tried to shove a spoon filled with mashed green beans into her grandson’s mouth. James reluctantly took it and had a disgusted look on his face. He looked pleadingly at his mother and Ginny couldn’t help but giggle.

“Mum, I’m afraid that James shares my hatred of green beans,” Ginny said and spooned a small amount of cooked carrots onto the tray of his high chair as well as some peas. He happily picked up a carrot and shoved it in his mouth.

“Ginny, he needs to eat his vegetables. He’s a growing boy,” Molly said, frowning slightly at her grandson.

“Don’t worry, Mum. He gets plenty of vegetables,” Ginny said and wiped James’ mouth off with a napkin. “Don’t you?”

James babbled and picked up some peas, smashing them in his hand.

Molly frowned again but didn’t say anything to her daughter.

“Ahem,” Arthur said loudly, bringing the attention of everyone to him. He stood up holding his glass in his hand and looked around at his assembled family.

“I’d like to take this opportunity to congratulate both Ron and Harry on finishing their education at Hogwarts. I’m proud of you both for all your accomplishments. I wish each of you good luck in the future. To Ron and Harry,” Arthur said, lifting his glass up in a toast.

“To Ron and Harry,” everyone chimed in, though Ginny noticed her brothers weren’t too happy on toasting Harry, and Arthur sat down again.

“So Ron,” Molly addressed for the whole table to hear. “How are the wedding plans coming?”

“Yeah Ron, made any plans for the honeymoon yet,” George teased and Ron’s face turned bright red.

“You do know what you’re supposed to do on a honeymoon, right?” Fred chimed in.

“Or do you need to ask Ginny about that one? She does have plenty of experience in that area, don’t you Gin?” George said, grinning at his sister. Ginny sent a glare at him. There was a loud squeal of delight from James. George’s eyes went wide and he looked down at his shirt. There was something green splattered on his shirt and he picked up a napkin to wipe it off.

“James, no throwing your dinner,” Harry said sternly, leaning across Ginny to scold his son. “Nice aim, son,” he whispered and Ginny smacked him lightly on the back of his head.

Harry sat back up straight and rubbed the back of his neck, frowning at Ginny. “Well it was.”

“Ron?” Molly said, bringing everyone’s attention back to the youngest Weasley boy. “About the wedding?”

“Er . . . well we really haven’t made any real plans yet. We just discussed a few things. We’re going to wait for a bit before we actually get married,” Ron said finally, grinning at George who was still trying to wipe the peas off his shirt. Molly sighed and pulled out her wand. She cast a Cleaning Charm on his shirt and the stain instantly disappeared.

“So you haven’t set a date yet?” Penelope asked and Ron shook his head.

“No. Hermione wants to make sure we are both financially set before committing to a date though she did want a summer wedding,” Ron said.

“Have you looked into any jobs yet?” Percy asked. “I do know the Ministry has a few entry level openings, nothing high paying but a decent living none the less.”

“Er . . . no,” Ron admitted sheepishly. “There was that Quidditch offer, but I don’t think I want to make a career out of Quidditch. Hermione won’t like that too much. But, besides that, I haven’t really had time to look into it. I was busy with N.E.W.T.s and all.”

“Right and that’s why Hermione filled out thirty different applications and she took more N.E.W.T.s than you,” Ginny pointed out. Ron glared at her and Harry snickered. Ginny turned to look at Harry. “I wouldn’t laugh if I were you. I seem to remember you were skiving off filling out applications as well and you actually have a family to provide for.”

Harry immediately sobered up.

“You know, Ron, Harry,” Arthur said causing both boys to look up at him, “I believe we are looking for some officers in the Magical Law Enforcement Squad. It’s not the same as being an Auror seeing as they deal more with dark wizards, though. It’s more of local law enforcement and cases not dealing with Dark Magic. It’s good money and only a few months of training. I could get you two into the next training class this September.”

“Really?” both Ron and Harry asked. Arthur nodded and both boys looked at each other.

“I’m in,” Ron said and went back to his dinner. Harry looked at Ginny, waiting for her input.

“What do you think?” Harry asked. She frowned.

“What about your knee?” she asked.

“Well, it should be healed by then,” Harry said and slowly tried to bend his knee. It hurt but not quite as bad as before. “If I work on it and really watch myself it’ll be fine.”

Ginny raised her eyebrows at him

“Are you really going to take care of it or are we going to have to make some trips to St. Mungo’s this summer because you have the urge to be reckless?” she asked.

Harry felt all eyes on him. He really didn’t want to argue with her in front of her family. He glanced past Ginny and saw that James was wearing the exact same scowl as Ginny. Harry sighed.

“I promise I’ll take care of my knee,” Harry swore. Ginny seemed to consider this for a while and sighed.

“It does seem like a good opportunity. If you want to take it, I support you,” Ginny said, smiling up at him. Harry returned her smile and looked at his father-in-law.

“Thank you Arthur. I accept,” Harry said.

“Wonderful! I’ll talk to the head in the morning,” Arthur beamed at them. Harry smiled at him and returned to his dinner.

“Harry?”

Harry looked up to see Bill and Charlie both looking at him.

“Er . . . yes?” Harry asked, feeling quite uncomfortable under their gaze.

“Where exactly do you plan on living?” Bill asked.

“Or were you just hoping to mooch off our parents?” Charlie added.

“Well, I’m not really sure yet,” Harry admitted.

“You’re not?” Bill questioned, raising an eyebrow at him.

“Why am I not surprised? Didn’t think when he got our baby sister pregnant to begin with,” Charlie added.

“Stop it, both of you,” Ginny warned. “That’s not fair and you know it. We’ll look for a place this summer so you two can just leave Harry alone. Or should I remind you of what he did exactly two months ago? I’m sure he would have no trouble taking on the two of you after what he did.”

“We’re just curious is all,” Charlie tried to defend himself.

“Boys, let them be. They can stay here for as long as they want to. No rush in finding a place of their own just yet,” Molly scolded her sons.

Ginny didn’t look too happy about staying at the Burrow. She smiled at her mother and looked at Harry.

“You know she’s just saying that to take James from us. It’s him she wants,” Ginny whispered.

“Yeah well, think of it this way, we have access to a minder twenty four hours a day,” Harry whispered back and waggled his eyebrows at her. “Think of the possibilities.”

Ginny blushed slightly and smiled at him.

“And think of those possibilities under my parents’ roof. I’m sure they won’t mind if we take off for a few hours to shag in the shed or somewhere like that,” Ginny replied and Harry’s smiled faltered. Ginny giggled and quickly pecked his cheek.

“Good thoughts though, dear,” she whispered.

Dinner went on and a cake was served afterwards in celebration of James’ birthday. The one year old looked highly delighted at blowing out candles again and even more so in covering himself with the cake once more. After opening more presents and a rather eventful bath, Harry and Ginny were able to get James to bed in his room and go to bed themselves.

Harry looked out the window of Ginny’s room, his arm around her waist as her back was pressed up against his chest. She stirred and rolled over, snuggling her head against Harry’s chest and wrapping her arms around his waist as Harry adjusted his hold on her. She opened her eyes sleepily and looked up at him.

“Good night,” she whispered.

“Night,” he replied and she smiled.

“I love you, Harry,” she said.

“I love you too, Ginny,” he said back and kissed her gently. She smiled and closed her eyes.

Harry watched as Ginny drifted off to sleep. The moonlight shining through the window illuminated her face, making her skin look very pale. Her red hair spilled over the pillow and she looked peaceful and happy next to him. He wondered what he ever did to deserve a girl like her. She stuck up for him even when she knew he was the world’s biggest prat and stood by him. She loved him unconditionally and he knew she would love him forever.

His eyes swept around the newly revamped room. Arthur and Molly had decided to change Ginny’s room a bit so that two people could live comfortably in it. They had also finished James’ room complete with teddy bears painted on his walls that were bewitched to dance and wave at different intervals. He looked at the door that was slightly ajar and he could see the nightlight in James’ room stream through the crack. He smiled as he thought about his son sleeping in the next room.

Harry thought back on his life and all that had happened in the past two years. He didn’t know that when he kissed Ginny for the first time in a dingy and dark morose room in Grimmauld Place that he had found the woman he would love forever. He didn’t know that when he expressed his love to Ginny in the most intimate way that he would end up having the family he always dreamed of. And if he could go back and change it all, he wouldn’t. Despite everything he went through, he wouldn’t change a thing. He thought that he was luckiest man on earth.

And before he fell asleep a final thought drifted through his head on how he came to be the luckiest man on earth.

It happened one night when two young lovers joined together and created something that showed just how strong their love was.

And Harry wouldn’t have it any other way.
Reviews 1042
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear