Search:

SIYE Time:10:22 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


It Happened One Night
By SunDevil05

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP, Buried Gems
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Angst, Drama, Fluff, General
Warnings: Death, Sexual Situations, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 1042
Summary: Harry and Ginny make a decision that changes their lives....
Hitcount: Story Total: 253599; Chapter Total: 12996







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


A/n: First off I want to say this....I'M SORRY! I meant to update a long time ago and I even had the chapter done. I was just about done editing it when my brother decided he needed to print something and when I went back to edit and save my whole story deleted. Therefore I had to re-write the chapter all over again. Also I've been so busy with school lately. I'm in the midst of finals right now and let me tell you, it ain't pretty. I'm hoping to get the next chapter up next week after finals are over.

A quick thanks to all the reviewers and to those who have emailed me! Here's your long awaited chapter!

So on with the story!!!!

Disclaimer: See previous chapters.



Chapter Eight


Ginny sighed heavily as she waited for Transfiguration to start. She placed her hands to her temples and pushed them through her hair. It had been a frustrating and interesting morning. Harry’s sudden protectiveness had forced her to remember the attack over the summer. It still terrified her to relive those memories. Lucius Malfoy standing over her child, a malicious glint in his cold grey eyes and how she had begged for her son’s safety. Death Eaters surrounding them and her rendered helpless to fight back. Dementors closing in, leaning towards her. A hooded face bending over with the intent to Kiss her son and the cold rattling breaths making her tremble with fear. Tom Riddle’s voice echoing in her head and the fear of the Chamber of Secrets itself. She was transfixed with the horror of such evil creatures around her, feeling hollow inside, and Tom’s voice whispering in her ears. She was frozen, unable to fight back, unable to protect her son. That had nearly cost her son’s life. When she realized that the newborn she was clutching close to her chest had stopped breathing, she felt her heart sink. A part of her life and her heart had been ripped from her. She felt hopeless, scared, and worst of all she had failed as a mother.

An involuntary shiver ran down her spine. No. She couldn’t think about these memories anymore. That was all in the past and she had learned from her mistakes. She vowed to never be a failure again. No one would hurt James. No one would take her son from her. No one.

She broke away from her thoughts and reached for her school bag. As she took out the supplies she needed, more students filtered into the room and the steady beat of a classroom was upon her.

“Hello Ginny,” Claire’s voice said. Ginny looked up to see the blonde sit next to her, smiling warmly.

“Hi,” Ginny returned the greeting and placed an ink bottle in front of her. She glanced over at James who was sitting happily in his carrier, pacifier in his mouth, staring at her. She crinkled her nose at him and he giggled in his soft baby voice.

“Everything alright?” Melanie asked, taking a seat next to Claire. Ginny shivered and she now realized how cold it was in the castle and she had forgotten to dress James in a jumper that morning.

“Yes . . . everything’s fine,” Ginny replied, fastening her bag shut, then took a blanket out of the baby bag. She tucked it snugly around James and placed a simple Warming Spell on it. “That ought to keep you warm.”

“You sure everything’s fine. Harry looked like he was about to hex anyone who so much as looked at you,” Bridget said and slid into a seat on Ginny’s other side. Ginny sighed and tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

“Yes I’m sure. Harry was just, well . . . he was just a bit worried, that’s all,” Ginny replied. She really didn’t want to talk about the small row they had in the empty corridor.

“A bit worried?” Bridget exclaimed, looking at Ginny. “Merlin Gin, he looked downright murderous!”

Ginny was getting annoyed now. She didn’t want to discuss the reason as to why Harry nearly had a duel to the death with Malfoy in the Great Hall. She had just pushed those dark times out of her mind and she didn’t want to remember them so soon. But now that her friends were asking her about Harry, those thoughts slid back into her mind. She closed her eyes briefly, trying to force them out again.

“Are you okay? You look a bit pale,” Melanie said. Ginny opened her eyes and glanced over to her friend who wore a concerned look on her face.

“I’m fine,” Ginny crossed her arms and sunk slightly in her seat.

“Mel’s right Gin, you do look pale,” Claire squinted her eyes, studying her for signs of illness. Ginny sighed again and glanced over at James. Tears began to prickle the back of her eyes.

“You’d be pale too if Death Eaters and dementors came after your son,” she said in a low and painful voice. All three of her roommates wore identical looks of shock and concern.

“Oh Ginny,” Bridget placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. “We had no idea.”

Ginny sat up and waved it off. She hated for anyone to feel sorry for her.

“All in the past,” she swiped at her eyes and smiled a wan smile at her friends. James made a small noise and Ginny instantly brought her attention back to him. He was reaching out with his tiny arms, trying to grab his teething ring that lied next to his covered feet. He stretched and stretched his arms for it and his angelic face screwed up with frustration when he couldn’t reach it. He lifted his head and looked at Ginny, arms still reaching for the blue and yellow toy he wanted. His eyes looked sad and his lower lip trembled as he attempted to plea to her. Ginny couldn’t suppress a small giggle at his face. She had seen that look before.

“I suppose you want me to get that,” she smiled and reached for the teething ring. She picked it up and placed it in his little hands. James smiled at his mother and began to chew on the ring. “Yes, just liked your father. Even those looks.”

“What looks?” Claire asked, taking a peek at James.

“Those looks he just gave me,” Ginny explained. “Harry always gives me those looks whenever he wants to . . . oh, er . . . never-never mind.”

She saw her friends exchange knowing looks.

“When he wants to what?” Bridget pressed her.

“No-nothing,” Ginny stammered and busied herself with straightening her supplies.

“Shag?” Claire suggested. Ginny felt her face flush.

“No,” she shook her head. A smile spread on her face. “It’s not shagging.”

“Then what is it? Certainly not a friendly game of Quidditch,” Melanie said, propped her elbow on the wooden desk and rested her chin on her hand. Ginny’s smile widened.

“Oh but it could be,” she said. She didn’t know what she was doing. Rarely did she discuss her private life with Harry like this. She had a few short conversations with Hermione, but she was her best friend and had been her maid-of-honor. She didn’t know what came over her, but she suddenly felt an urge to continue with the topic.

“What do you mean it could be?” Claire raised an eyebrow at her. Ginny grinned remembering that particular time.

“Well you see, this one time we got a bit er . . . bored and Harry suggested a game of ‘Quidditch’. So he was the Chaser and I was the Quaffle and he was to catch me and score,” Ginny began to explain leaving out a few details.

“Ginny!” they exclaimed.

“Well that’s what happened! So then, he grabbed me and the next thing I know he . . .” her voice trailed off and she suddenly felt embarrassed for revealing such things.

“So then, Quaffle,” Melanie said, “what do you call it?”

“It’s making love,” Ginny said.

“You sure?” Bridget said. “Sounds more like Harry’s discovering new Quidditch plays with you.”

“Something like that,” Ginny smiled a whimsical smile. “He is discovering new positions, just not ones you do in the air . . . or could you?”

“Ginny!” her friends exclaimed again. She was enjoying this. “But in all seriousness, that’s what I think it is. We make love because well, we’re showing each other that we love each other.”

“Hey Ginny. Out of curiosity, when was the last time you two were together?” Claire asked and quickly added, “If you don’t mind me asking.”

“Oh, well a couple days back,” Ginny replied.

“When do you find the time?” Bridget asked, impressed.

“Oh we just do,” Ginny replied lamely. Her friends launched into a whispered conversation on sneaking off with their boyfriends and crushes around the castle. Ginny stayed out of the conversation. She liked to keep her secrets on the matter to herself. As her friends talked, Ginny’s mind wandered and landed on Harry. Recently their times together, and she had to be honest with herself, hadn’t been the best. The ususal love they showed for each other wasn’t there as much. She missed that. She wanted to be with him again and show him how she loved him. Ginny smiled to herself. She would just need to change that for once. Perhaps lining up a babysitter for a few hours was in need tonight. She had something she required for the evening.

“Now we will begin to discuss human transfiguration,” Professor McGonagall’s voice jolted Ginny from her thoughts. She had been thinking of what she wanted to do with Harry later on and how to bring it up to him. “Before we go on with that we will do some review. Each of you have a mouse in front of you. You are to practice cross species transfiguration on the mouse, transfiguring them into other small animals. Once you have mastered it quite well you may select a parrot,” she waved her hand to the wall lined with cages and colorful birds, “and practice changing those into other objects as well as slightly larger animals. You may begin.”

Ginny looked at the small grey mouse in front of her and glared at it. She hated mice. Ever since she found out who Scabbers really was, she hated all mice and rats. She gave the creature another malicious glare and flicked her wand, muttering an incantation. The mouse changed into a grey gerbil and squeaked up at her, pawing across the desk. James laughed at the gerbil. Ginny looked up to see her son holding his teething ring limply in his tiny hand.

“After you make all that fuss to get it you don’t even play with it. Boys,” Ginny shook her head at him and flicked her wand again. A grey and white spotted hamster now sat on her desk on it’s hind legs. James laughed again. Ginny looked at his amused face and flicked her wand again. He laughed. He pointed at the rabbit on her desk that was sniffing the wood and looked at her. Ginny smiled and flicked her wand again, adding color to the small animals. James continued to laugh with every transfiguration. Ginny smiled as she entertained her son. How she enjoyed hearing his laugh. Several students were looking at the pair now. Some girls were pointing at James and Ginny caught phrases that sounded like “how cute” and “so adorable”. She flicked her wand a final time and a neon green kitten sat on her desk, mewing at her. Ginny giggled and put her wand down. She leaned over her laughing son.

“Oh James, you’re much too cute. I love to hear you laugh,” she smiled at him and he laughed. She picked up his tiny hand and kissed it. “Don’t ever stop laughing my sweet angel.”

“Jolly good show there Ginny!” a cheery voice said. Ginny turned around and saw Colin’s smiling face, a small yellow canary sitting on his desk. “Looks like little James is enjoying himself.”

“Yes, I suppose he is,” Ginny smiled at him. Colin flicked his wand and the canary changed into a turtle.

“Looks like he’s waiting for more,” Colin motioned behind her. Ginny turned back around to see her son’s expectant face. She picked up her wand and thought of what to transfigure the kitten into next. She flicked the wand and it changed into a gerbil again with pink and yellow strips. James cooed happily and reached for the gerbil. The gerbil scurried across the desk to his outstretched arm and tried to leap into the carrier. Ginny grabbed the gerbil and shoved it aside, quickly changing it to it’s original state. James was still holding his arm out to reach the mouse. Ginny grabbed his hand and looked at him.

“No James,” she said firmly. He looked at his mother with confusion. He made to grab for the mouse again, which was slowly creeping towards the carrier.

“I said no. You don’t know where that’s been,” Ginny said sternly again and shaking her head. His eyes began to water and his bottom lip trembled. He was on the verge of throwing a fit and Ginny was not going to let that happen.

“James Elijah Potter,” she said. He continued to look at her and began to whimper. Quickly she reached for his bag and pulled out his bunny and handed it to him. “Here, play with this. At least this won’t bite you.”

Obediently, he took the toy and lost all interest in the mouse. Ginny sighed gratefully. She was proud of herself for not giving in and letting him have the animal. Who knows what could have happened. She was getting much better at this mothering thing.

Ginny went on with her transfigurations, keeping an eye on James in case he decided to try and get a hold of something small, furry, and with sharp teeth.

“Very good Mrs. Potter,” Professor McGonagall peered down to the turtle on her desk. “You may move onto the parrots now.”

“Er . . .” Ginny glanced over to James. She didn’t like the idea of having something with a sharp beak any where near her son. He was already eyeing the birds in the cages with interest. “Is it alright if I just stay with the mouse?” she asked tentatively.

Professor McGonagall peered down at her with a stern look, arms crossed. “And why is that Mrs. Potter?”

Ginny looked up at the formidable look on her teacher’s face. What was she to say? Something that is colorful, large, and with a sharp beak does not mix well with my son’s tendency to grab anything in sight and shove it in his mouth. Personally, I don’t want to take him to the hospital ward with a parrot lodged in his throat.

“Er . . . well . . . I don’t want him to get hurt,” she gestured to her son in his carrier. The professor’s look did not change. Ginny didn’t like this.

“Very well then. You may transfigure your mouse into larger animals and objects,” Professor McGonagall said and strode down the aisle. Ginny let out a breath she didn’t know she was holding and began the task at hand. As she worked her mind wandered back to Harry. She smiled to herself.

“Thinking of Quidditch are you?” Bridget’s voice broke her train of thought. Ginny looked at her and blushed.

“Could be,” she shrugged and flicked her wand. A coffee pot appeared on her desk.

“What was it like?” Claire asked. “Your first time I mean.”

Ginny looked at her friends faces and thought back to that night. That night that changed everything. How nervous they both were, neither one knowing what to do. Somehow they managed and it was one of the most wonderful experiences Ginny had ever had. She didn’t know what to expect, but she certainly did not expect Harry to be the way he was. He was so sweet and gentle and loving with her. The she remembered when it was over and they held each other in their arms Ginny felt different. She didn’t know what it was then, but now that she thought about it, she had known unconsciously that she was pregnant all along. She always had this feeling that she was never apart from Harry, like a part of him was always with her.

“It was just . . . amazing really. A wonderful experience,” Ginny smiled dreamily thinking about it again.

The day had been so long and Ginny was itching to see Harry again. They hadn’t seen much of each other since the night before. What a night it was. Ginny smiled thinking about it again and sighed dreamily. The bell rung, shaking her from her thoughts and she tore down the hall, making a quick stop in the girls’ lavatory. She glanced at her image in the mirror. She felt different. She didn’t know how, but she did. Maybe the night before changed her. She giggled thinking that Harry made her a woman, as most girls her age would say. It was strange though. She missed Harry terribly but she also felt like he never left her. Quickly, she fixed her hair and walked out into the now deserted halls. Everyone was at dinner now, including Harry and Ginny had to go see him. As she walked briskly down the hall, an arm caught her and pulled her through a door. She gasped at the sudden attack and found herself in a dark room. A familiar set of arms wrapped around her waist as a familiar pair of lips brushed on hers. She smiled.

“What are you doing?” she asked as his kisses trailed down her jaw bone and onto her neck.

“Snogging you. What else does it look like?” Harry said into her skin and continued with the kisses. She moaned softly, enjoying his kisses and gentle touches. His mouth came up to meet hers again. After several minutes of passionate kissing, they broke away, gasping for air.

“You’ve been in my thoughts all day Miss Weasley. Had quite a few interesting thoughts about you,” he grinned at her.

“You’re not the only one,” she giggled and kissed him again. A few passion filled kisses later they stood there holding one another.

“You know I feel different,” she said, lifting her head to look at him.

“Different?” he asked. She nodded.

“Since after . . . well you know,” she smiled slyly at him. He grinned.

“Yes I know,” he said.

“I don’t know. I just feel something different now. Kind of like I haven’t been apart from you,” she went on.

“Maybe you’ve just been thinking of me too much today,” he suggested. Ginny stared at him and burst into laughter.

“Whatever it is, I like it. Come on, let’s go get some dinner,” she made to open the door.

“But I want dessert first,” he whined. Ginny rolled her eyes and gave him a suggestive look.

“We’ll discuss that later. Right now, it’s dinner time my love,” she tugged on his arm and they went to the Great Hall.


“Did it hurt?” Melanie asked in a quiet voice and biting her lower lip. Ginny broke out of her memories and nodded remembering the pain.

“Yes it did,” Ginny confirmed. She looked at the pale faces on her friends and quickly added, “But it’s only for a few moments. It gets better. Harry was . . . well he was really gentle. He knew I was in pain and tried to make sure it didn’t hurt too bad. The boy even stopped for a bit to make sure I was fine before he . . . oh . . . yes well, that’s too much information isn’t it.”

She smiled, going on when she saw her friends eager faces, “He always is though. Gentle I mean. Sometimes I think he’s trying to please me more than himself.”

“When did you get pregnant?” Claire asked. “Were you two being intimate for long?”

Ginny’s smile wiped on her face almost at once.

“No, we weren’t,” she said in a soft voice. “It was our first time. The only time.”

“You’re first time. Like ever?” Melanie asked. Ginny nodded.

“We didn’t mean for it happened, it just did. We were just so careless at the time. Neither one of us new of any potions or charms then. Just promise me that whenever you three do decide to go through with it that you’ll be really, really careful. One moment of passion can turn your whole life upside down,” Ginny advised them. She looked at their pale faces and went on, “I don’t mean to scare any of you. It really is a great experience, just be careful or you’ll end up like me. I mean, I don’t regret having James. He means everything to me. I love being a mother. I made a choice and took on the responsibility for it.”

Soon their conversation faded out of their minds and returned to their transfiguration. Ginny had flicked her wand when she heard someone clearing his throat.

“Er, hi Ginny,” the voice said. She glanced up and saw Jeffery Bobbit from Hufflepuff standing in front of her, a nervous look on his face.

“Hi Jeffery,” she returned the greeting.

“I was wondering if I could borrow something from you,” he tugged on his tie nervously.

“Borrow something?” Ginny repeated the phrase and toyed with her wand in her hand.

“Er yes,” he nodded and quickly glanced behind her.

“Like what,” she made sure her wand was ready to go.

“Like your son,” Jeffery said in a quiet voice.

“My son?” she asked, eyes widening and placing a hand protectively on the carrier.

“Yes. See we were wondering if we could borrow him and practice some transfiguration on him. We’re getting tired of the parrots,” Jeffery explained as if it was very logical. Ginny fumed.

“Certainly not!” she shouted, glaring at the boy.

“Sorry Ginny. They made me do it. Said they were going to hang my pants out on the Quidditch pitch if I didn’t,” Jeffery looked apologetically at her.

“You tell those bloody wankers that if they think they are going to use my son to experiment on then they have another thing coming! You’re very, very lucky I’m in class right now or else a lot more of them will be hanging out on the Quidditch pitch. Just wait until I tell Harry what you wanted to do with his son. I assure you he won’t be happy!”

Jeffery gaped at her and took off towards his friends who were roaring with laughter. Ginny shot them a menacing glare and pulled the carrier right in front of her. Her friends had caught wind of the conversation and told the Hufflepuff boys off for their lack of consideration. Bridget had so far as pulled her wand on them and threatened to change them into the rats they were.

Class ended and Ginny found herself in the crowded halls with her roommates, Bridget still going on about the Hufflepuff plans.

“I mean honestly! How could they even think about doing something like that!” she threw up her hands in the air wildly. Ginny craned her neck to find Harry in the halls. She wanted to get a head start on her evening plans.

“You’re going to tell Harry aren’t you?” Bridget questioned.

“I don’t know Bridget. You seemed to have handled it quite well,” Ginny scanned the myriads of students. From a distance she found her target and smiled. A man of messy black hair and sparkling green eyes stood against a wall. Ginny shifted the weight of the carrier and picked up her pace. As she headed closer, he looked up and smiled at her.

“There’s my two favorite people,” he said to her as she came to a halt in front of him, her friends not too far behind. Taking a quick glance around as she gently set the carrier on the floor next to him, Ginny found that most of his friends were sounding him. It was perfect.

“How was class?” he asked as she set James’ bag down next to the carrier. Ginny smiled at him and placed her hands on his shoulders, taking a step closer to him.

“Fine. How were yours?” she asked, letting her eyes roam down his body and back up again.

“Great,” he placed his hands on her waist. He hardly got to hold her like that anymore. He became aware of her playing with locks of his hair with one hand, while the other was still placed on his shoulder.

“That’s nice to hear,” she smiled sweetly at him. He noticed something flicker in her eyes. She bit her bottom lip innocently and he saw her eyes darkening with desire. Slowly she pressed her lips onto his. Instinct took over and Harry’s arms circled around her, pulling her close. He hadn’t kissed her like this in a while and he was enjoying it. She pulled away from him and gave him a coy smile. “Do you know how incredibly sexy you are today? I mean you always are,” she whispered to him. “Especially that look you get on your face just as you’re about to . . . you know. And the way you say my name whenever we . . . play Quidditch.”

Harry gulped and stared at her. Something sparked in her and Harry was in trouble. She smiled at him again and kissed him deeply. He was vaguely aware of people being around them, but for that moment it didn’t matter. He felt her tongue seek entrance to his mouth and he willingly granted her access. The kiss quickly deepened and Harry felt a familiar sensation below his waist. Ginny noticed, for she had smiled against his mouth and pressed herself closer to him. Someone made a coughing sound and Harry suddenly realized where they were and pulled away.

“What’s gotten into you?” he asked, staring at her, slightly out of breath. She gave him an innocent look.

“Am I not allowed to kiss you anymore?” she asked, a hurt expression on her face.

“Well of course you are, but— ” Ginny silenced him with another kiss. He pushed her away.

“Gin, we can’t. Everyone’s watching and James is right next to us,” Harry said, casting a look behind her. Her friends were whispering to each other and smiling and his friends look utterly amused, all except for Ron. He looked like he was about to be sick. Ginny sighed.

“Fine,” she said and hugged him. Harry was aware of her breath on his skin, causing goose bumps to form on his skin. “How about a game of Quidditch later? You can brush up on your Chaser skills?” she whispered seductively in his ear. Before Harry could register what she said, she had let go of him and bent down over James.

“Bye James. Mind your father now,” she kissed his hand and stood up. “Bye Harry,” she said and gave him a quick, passionate kiss.

Harry gaped at her retreating back, her hips swinging suggestively to him. She looked over her shoulder, threw him a flirtatious smile and looked away. He willed himself to stay where he was. Harry knew that if he took one step after her, it was very likely they would end up in a broom cupboard and very late for class. It took Harry a minute to recover from Ginny’s little show.

“Very nice,” he heard Seamus say and Harry noticed his gaze was on Ginny and grinning in a way Harry did not like.

“Watch it Finnegan. She’s taken, remember?” Harry warned and picked up the baby bag.

“Yeah, yeah I know Potter. Still, very, very nice,” he smiled. Harry glared at him and picked up the carrier. Harry looked in the direction Ginny took off in and grinned,as her words echoed in his ear.

“But Hermione. That’s . . .t hat’s my baby sister!” Ron’s voice shouted. Harry looked over at his best friends. Ron was looking very disgusted and Hermione looked very annoyed with Ron.

“Do I have to explain this to you again Ronald Weasley? They are married!” Hermione crossed her arms.

“But still! I don’t need to be seeing that, and she doesn’t need to be doing that!” Ron looked at her as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

“She can do whatever she wants Ronald. I’m sure Harry doesn’t mind it much, do you Harry?” Hermione looked at him. Harry just smiled. Ron pulled a appalled look.

“That’s my sister!” he shouted.

“That is also my wife. Now if you don’t mind, I’m going to class,” Harry grinned and made his way to Advanced Charms with a game of Quidditch on his mind.
Reviews 1042
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear