Search:

SIYE Time:16:07 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Star Gazing
By PrettynPink8004

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 5
Summary: Ginny comes with Harry outside in the middle of the night. What happen when Ginny sees the surprsie?
Hitcount: Story Total: 4226







ChapterPrinter


Star Gazing

Disclaimer: This story is based off of JK Rowling’s Harry Potter series. I only borrowed the character, settings, games, and anything else related to her work. Anything that is not in her books, I created unless given credit to another author.

One Friday night, Harry walked down the boy’s stair case with his invisibility cloak to the Gryffindor common room, which was empty except for Ron and Hermione. It was almost midnight, but he couldn’t go to sleep. Ron and Hermione were staying up late trying to finish their Transfiguration essay early. Harry didn’t care. He would just wait until the last minute.

“Do either of you want to go outside with me?” Harry asked, not caring what time it was. He just wanted to get away.

“No,” they both chimed in unison, which wasn’t a surprise. What was a surprise was when Harry heard Ron say, “Ginny will go with you though.”

Harry turned around and was surprised to see Ginny sitting at a small table quietly by herself. She was scribbling something on a piece of parchment. Ginny lifted up her head and looked at Ron. “I’ll go where with Harry?” Ginny asked.

“Oh... I was going to go outside. You don’t have to go if you don’t want to,” Harry started. He didn’t think anyone was going to go with him. That was why he asked.

“Sure, I’ll go with you Harry,” Ginny exclaimed, looking tired as she rose from her seat.

“Are you sure, Ginny? You look tired. Why don’t you just go upstairs to bed?” Harry asked.

“Don’t be silly, Harry,” Ginny tugged on his arm, and they went to the portrait hole. Once there, Harry threw the invisibility cloak around them and told Ginny to not make any noise. Amazingly, Harry and Ginny made it through the castle and to the front doors without stopping. Once outside, Ginny started talking.

“Harry, where are we going?” Ginny asked.

“The Quidditch Pitch,” Harry answered, briefly.

“Are you going to ride your broomstick?” Ginny inquired.

“You’ll see,” Harry didn’t think he would be able to think tonight. Not with someone else there with him.

The two teens continue walking until they reached the pitch, which looked dark and dreary without the usually lights gleaming down on the field. Harry looked around cautiously and took the cloak off of them.

“Harry, if your not going to ride your broom, then what are we doing here?” Ginny questioned, becoming annoyed. She was tired, and she did want to go to bed. The only reason Ginny agreed to going outside was because she didn’t want Harry to be alone. Not now. He was slowly trying to detach himself from everyone. He hadn’t talked much since the night at the Ministry, and that was almost eight months ago. He needed to talk to someone, but as far as she knew he hadn’t said anything to anyone. It was as if he was trying to forget everything that had happened and make everyone forget him.

“Just trust me,” Harry whispered, grabbing her hand and pulling her into the middle of the field. Once there, he sat down on the grass and tugged Ginny down. As she sat down, Harry laid back. Ginny did the same and turned to look at him.

“Harry, what are we doing? I feel foolish,” Ginny pleaded, desperately. Harry pointed to something he was looking at. Ginny turned her head and gasped.

Above them were millions upon millions of stars. They lit the sky along with the moon, which shone directly overhead. As the stars twinkled, a shooting star dashed across the horizon.

“Harry, this is... this is... wow!” Ginny was at a loss of words.

“Breath-taking?” Harry guessed.

“I was going to say beautiful, but Merlin, Harry, I’ve never seen anything like this,” Ginny whispered in a daze.

Harry smiled; she was amazed. He was too. He always was, ever since the first time he saw the sky at night during the beginning of the year.

“I have,” Harry murmured.

“You have what?” Ginny inquired.

“Seen something as beautiful and breath-taking as this,” Harry replied, looking at Ginny.

“What’s that?” Ginny questioned, still mesmerized by the lit up sky.

“You,” Harry mumbled.

As Ginny turned to gaze at Harry, a piece of her hair fell in her face. Not thinking, Harry tucked it behind her ear. As if realizing what he had done, Harry mumbled an apology.

“Harry, you think I am beautiful?” Ginny sighed.

“Yeah, I do. I started noticing you during the beginning of the summer. I’ve been coming out here every night thinking about what to do,” Harry rambled, “I mean, I know you got over your crush on me, and I never thought you would give me a chance...”

Harry continued to babble on and on. He only stopped when he saw the look on Ginny’s face. It was one of utter shock.

“I’m sorry. I hope you don’t hate me now,” Harry murmured.

“Don’t be daft,” Ginny started. “Harry, you were correct when you said that I had gotten over my crush on you, but it’s not what you think. I got over my crush on you because I began to realize my feelings weren’t just a silly school girl crush anymore. They were deeper, and they scared me. I tried to stop thinking about you because I thought you would never return my feelings. That’s why I started dating Michael, but it didn’t feel right. That’s why I never did go out with Dean.”

Harry saw a small smile on Ginny’s lips.

“Ginny... I want... I mean I would like it if... no... Ginny, will you go out with me?” Harry stammered.

“Of course, Harry,” Ginny smiled.

Harry let out a breath. He bent down and softly kissed Ginny’s lips. It wasn’t a pasionate kiss, but it wasn’t a peck either. It was soft and made her insides melt like they had the first time she saw the boy who lived at the train station when she was ten years old.

Harry wrapped his arm around Ginny’s shoulder, and Ginny laid her head on Harry’s shoulder. They stayed that way all night until dawn, while gazing at the sky and drifting in and out of sleep.

The End!

A/N: I hope you liked it. I am sorry that I am not continuing Opening Closed Doors anytime soon, if at all. I was packed with homework this year, so I didn’t have any time to write. I could have started it back up this summer if I didn’t have friend problems, summer homework, drivers permits, or crying attacks; but seeing as my life incluses all of that, I haven’t had much time. I will occasionally write one shot fics, and maybe if I am lucky a chapter here and there for Opening closed Doors. If you liked this story, please review it and read my other stories! As always feel free to e-mail me (DreamAngel7159@aol.com) or review if you have any comments, advice, or questions. And don’t forget to Review!!!
Reviews 5
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear