Search:

SIYE Time:9:00 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


My Immortal
By Hera

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Songfic
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 3
Summary: Sonfic one-shot based on My Immortal by Evanescence. With Harry gone Ginny reflects on the man she loved and decides how she will go on without him
Hitcount: Story Total: 2857







ChapterPrinter


My Immortal

Disclaimer: I do not own anything from Harry Potter because it belongs to J.K. Rowling unfortunately and I don’t own the song ‘My Immortal’ as it’s by Evanescence. So don’t sue.


Ginny sat in her bedroom at the Burrow, darkness surrounding her. Her tear- stained face was pale and the fire of her hair had dulled. Her door was locked and her curtains drawn, shutting out the rest of the world. It had been weeks since she had spoken to anyone. Weeks since the final battle. Weeks since her love had been torn away from her. Weeks since Harry Potter, The Boy Who Lived, had died, taking Voldemort with him.

I’m so tired of being here

Suppressed by all of my childish fears

And if you have to leave

I wish that you would just leave

Because your presence still lingers here

And it won’t leave me alone

The image of him dying flashed before her eyes in a continuous slide show. And as she kneeled beside him, watching the life slowly seep out of him she felt her heart break again. It bled inside her and she wished for the pain to go away.

These wounds won’t seem to heal

This pain is just too real

There’s just to much that time cannot erase

She remembered what their life had been like when they finally admitted their love for each other. It was when Harry had finally come to Grimmauld Place the summer after Sirius died. He looked withdrawn into himself, older than he should be. His face showed that of someone who had felt more pain than one normally does in a lifetime. As she saw him she had just wanted to run to him and make the pain just go away. They had become closer over the two weeks he stayed there before going back to Hogwarts. She had helped him regain control. She had been there when he cried, been there when he had screamed in the night. She had helped him channel the pain and guilt he felt into the strength and power that he needed.

When you cried I’d wipe away all of your tears

When you’d scream I’d fight away all of your fears

I’ve held your hand through all of these years

But you still have all of me

They had found each other. They had found their soul mate. But now Ginny was left with half a soul and it was tearing her apart. His voice echoed in her head and she saw his face smiling at her. The light that they had, had now dimmed and she was left with nothing.

You used to captivate me by your resonating light

But now I’m bound by the life you left behind

Your face it haunts my once pleasant dreams

Your voice it chased away all the sanity in me

Nobody understood what it was that they had. Nobody understood what it was like for her now. What it was like to feel what she was feeling. Her heart was an open wound that would not heal.

These wounds won’t seem to heal

This pain is just too real

There’s just too much that time cannot erase.

When you cried I’d wipe away all of your tears

When you’d scream I’d fight away all of your fears

I’ve held your hand through all of these years

But you still have all of me

A light before her appeared and she gasped at the sight of the man she loved. He wasn’t coming back but had come to say his final goodbye.

I’ve tried so hard to tell myself that you’re gone

But though you’re still with me

I’ve been alone all along

“Ginny you have to move on,” he told her softly in a calm ethereal voice.

“But how, how do I live without you?”

“You’ll find a way, you always do.”

“But...”

“Do not abandon your life just for me. You need to keep going, to live your life to the full. She’ll need you. She’ll need you always. You can teach her so much about life, about love. You can do this, just know that I love you and I’ll be watching over you always, until we can be together again.”

“Don’t go Harry, please don’t go!”

“I have to Ginny. I love you.” His image began to fade and Ginny reached out to him.

“I love you too.”

When you cried I’d wipe away all of your tears

When you’d scream I’d fight away all of your fears

I’ve held your hand through all of these years

But you still have all of me

Ginny stared at the space where Harry had just been. ‘I’ll be watching over you always.’ She opened her curtains and looked into the night, at the stars that shone above and smiled at them, as though the message would be transferred to him. ‘She’ll need you.’ Ginny knew who he was talking about. He was talking about the life that grew inside of her, the life of her unborn child. Only Harry had known of her baby but now she felt that everyone should know that she would bring Harry’s daughter into the world. Her baby would know of her father and of how brave he was.

Ginny walked to the door of her bedroom and unlocked it. It was time to face the world but she knew that she would not be doing it alone. Harry would be watching over her and her child would be with her, inside her.

The momentarily light blinded her before her eyes adjusted. She stepped through the doorway ready to take whatever was thrown at her. She was ready to make a life for her unborn child. For Harry.

Of me

Of me

Of me.

Finished! Hope you liked it. First songfic I ever wrote. I previously posted it on Fanfiction under the name Teigra Wolfe. Please review to let me know what you think.

Hera
Reviews 3
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear