Search:

SIYE Time:11:10 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


First Date
By Zelthian

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 62
Summary: Harry and Ginny have just kissed for the first time, and now they need to... talk.
Hitcount: Story Total: 8278







ChapterPrinter


A/N: This was the next bit I felt I needed to write. Just my initial imagining of this scene, nothing more. Enjoy. :)
--------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- ----------


Harry ducked out of the Gryffindor common room hand in hand with Ginny, his heart racing. He glanced around and led her around a corner.

“Harry, what…?” she asked, but was cut off by Harry placing a finger over his lips. Checking to make sure nobody was watching, he pulled out his invisibility cloak and quickly swung it around them.

“An invisibility cloak?” she whispered. Harry nodded as he brought out the Marauder’s Map.

“That explains a lot,” she commented quietly. “What’s that?”

Harry tapped the map and said, “I solemnly swear that I’m up to no good.”

Harry watched as Ginny’s eyes lit up. It was obvious to him that she had seen it before. Her surprise was followed by a large grin. She put her arm around his waist, and he put his arm around hers, and they walked off together to find a quiet spot.

“You’re shaking,” Harry said as he realized she was.

Ginny stopped and turned towards him. “Kiss me again.”

Harry stopped quickly. “Right now?”

“Yes Harry, right now, quickly…”

He didn’t resist, but simply honored her request. They were far enough along the corridors that they ran little risk of being discovered. Ginny lingered on the kiss for several moments, and Harry allowed himself to get lost in it. Finally she came up for air and hugged into him tightly.

“Are you okay?” Harry asked, just a bit concerned.

Ginny nodded into his chest. “I just had to make sure it was real.”

Harry smiled. “I know what you mean.”

Ginny pulled back and looked into his eyes. “I saw you when you caught me and Dean kissing. I could see it in your eyes.”

Harry quickly pushed that image out of his mind. “What did you see?”

“Jealousy, Harry,” Ginny explained. “Suddenly I dared to believe that you might actually be interested in me.”

Harry blushed. “Was I that obvious?”

Ginny nodded. “Yes, you were. After that, things just weren’t the same with Dean.”

“You should have seen his reaction a few minutes ago,” Harry said glumly.

“I heard him break the glass,” Ginny revealed. “I didn’t have the heart to look at him.”

“I’m sorry,” Harry said automatically.

Ginny smiled as she cradled Harry’s jaw in her hand, then ran her hand slowly through his hair. “Why are you apologizing?”

Harry swallowed. “Well… I mean, it’s sort of my fault that you broke up with him.”

Ginny chuckled. “Yes, I supposed in a way it is.”

Harry hung his head, but Ginny cradled his jaw again and brought it back up. “You prat, I broke up with him, not you, remember?”

Harry smiled and chuckled a bit.

Ginny brought her other hand up to the other said of Harry’s face. “I had no idea you cared about me so much.”

“I’ve always cared about you, Ginny,” Harry admitted. “It’s just that… I felt a little guilty being attracted to Ron’s sister, ya know? He’s been my best friend since I started at Hogwarts, and I didn’t know what it would do to our friendship if I suddenly started flirting with you. Not to mention that I’ve been occupied and that Hermione told me you were over me.”

Ginny rolled her eyes. “Yeah, I did tell her that, didn’t I?”

“And then Cho happened and I was convinced I was hopeless with girls, and then this year… well, you already figured that out.”

Ginny giggled. A noise from down the hall where they came startled them.

“Let’s get out of here,” Harry said quietly.

As quickly and quietly as he could, Harry led Ginny through the halls of Hogwarts to a secret passage which led them to the astronomy tower staircase. They hurried up and once they were on the top terrace, closed the door quietly behind him. Confident of their privacy, Harry pulled the invisibility cloak off and put it back in it’s pocket in his school cloak.

No sooner had he stashed his cloak then Ginny put her arms around Harry’s neck. Instinctively, Harry put her arms around her waist and, realizing what he was doing, blushed sheepishly.

“Anything wrong, Harry?” Ginny asked sweetly.

“Erm, no, it’s just that… Well, I’ve never been alone with a girl like this before.”

Ginny smirked. “You were alone with Cho.”

Harry shook his head. “That was different. She was crying about Cedric. I wasn’t comfortable with her at all. Being here, it’s like something I’ve wanted is finally happening, and now that I’m here, I’m so nervous, and…”

Harry didn’t get a chance to finish. Ginny had pressed her lips against his, cutting him off before he could finish what he was saying. It was as if Ginny, now assured of privacy, was letting go of years of self-suppressed feelings and focusing them into the kiss. Harry’s heart pounded quickly and heavily. The girl he had been fantasizing about all year was kissing him more passionately than he could have imagined. If it weren’t for the cool night air whispering in his ears, he would have thought he was dreaming.

Finally Ginny let up. She pulled back and opened her eyes revealing an expression Harry had never seen on a girl before. Slowly she recovered enough to smile. Harry’s stomach was full of butterflies now and his legs felt like Jello.

“I think I need to sit down,” he said breathlessly.

“Good idea,” Ginny agreed.

Harry sat on the bench next to the outer wall of the terrace, giving him a great view of the grounds. Ginny sat on his lap, much to his surprise and his pleasure. Once comfortable she put her arms around his neck again.

“There’s something I want to know, Harry,” she said in a more serious tone.

“What’s that?”

“Why did you kiss me in the common room tonight?”

Harry looked out onto the grounds as he thought about his answer. “Because I wanted to.”

“But, you could have kissed me any number of times. Why tonight?”

Harry shrugged as he turned to look at her. “I guess I was just waiting for the right moment.”

Ginny looked like she was waiting for something. “Is that all?”

Harry took a deep breath. “I don’t know, I mean, I’ve had these… feelings, lately, when you’re around, and I’d really never had the courage to do anything about it. Then there I was, coming into the common room, and everyone was celebrating, and I was so overjoyed that we’d won the Cup! And then… I saw you walking towards me…”

“Yeah…” Ginny encouraged. “Go on…”

Harry swallowed. “And I looked into your eyes as you approached, and I knew, right then I knew I was going to kiss you. It didn’t matter who saw or what anyone thought. I didn’t care just then. It felt right, and I honestly believed when I saw your face that it’s what you wanted to. I mean, I had been getting some interesting signals from you lately, like when you argued with Hermione and defending me, but right then… it felt like the perfect time.”

Ginny was smiling broadly by the time Harry finished. The moment he was done she hugged in and snuggled into his neck. “You were right, Harry, I wanted to. Ever since I caught that look in your eye I’ve wanted too. I found myself watching you trying to detect any hint that you were really interested in me. When I saw you come in and saw the look in your eye, I couldn’t help myself, I just got up and started towards you. I had planned on looking for a sign, but I honestly never dreamed you would just up and kiss me.”

Harry grinned. “I surprised myself.”

Ginny sat up to look Harry in the eye. “I hope this means we’re going out.”

Harry smiled and blushed, then nodded. “So it’s official then?”

Ginny didn’t answer. Instead, she just snuggled back into his neck.

“I’m going out with Harry Potter,” she said softly.

“And I’m going out with Ginny Weasley,” Harry retorted. “The Ginny Weasley.”

Just then, Ginny kissed his neck, and every hair on Harry’s body stood on end, causing him to shudder. Ginny noticed.

“Are you okay?” she asked.

Harry nodded slowly. “I’ve never had a girl kiss me on the neck before.”

Ginny giggled. “I had assumed you and Cho had snogged once or twice.”

“No.” Harry said simply as he noticed the sensation of goosebumps on his skin.

“No?” Ginny asked in disbelief.

Harry shook his head. “She just kissed me the one time after the D.A. meeting. We were never really going out. Not even close.”

Ginny leaned back with a look of utter shock on her face. Slowly she blushed and got a sly grin on her face.

This is going to be fun,” she said wickedly.

“What?” Harry asked nervously.

Ginny repositioned her hands around his neck, her nose right in front of his, her eyes peering into his.

“Teaching you how to snog.”




Reviews 62
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear