Search:

SIYE Time:16:10 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


5 Nights of Promises
By Isabelle

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Angst, Drama
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 95
Summary: COMPLETED! WARNING: ANGST AHEAD! If he promises her tomorrow, he'll also have to promise her forever and forever is not his to give. Set post-HBP. A series of short stories of 5 nights after Harry's 6th year.
Hitcount: Story Total: 23372; Chapter Total: 4549







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Brigade Full of Warriors
By Isabelle

-------------


Today was the day he would remember for the rest of his life.

No more promises, no more hushed words, no more foolery. It was time for the courage to be tested and to see how long you could grind your teeth without breaking your jaw.

They were preparing to go into battle. Today was the night — after this night there would be no more Voldemort. There will be no more nightmares, no more fear, no more death, today was the day he became the man his people needed him to be.

There was something inside of him dead — a piece of him had died. To think that he one day thought he could have a normal existence was beyond him — what a fool he was.

He stared across the room; Ginny looked spectacular in her war robes. She had slashed two slits that ran from her upper hip all the way down, revealing her long freckled and toned legs. Her hair, bright as always, was braided long down her back — she placed a blade in her back- securing it with leather strings and some magic; another blade she wrapped around her upper thigh.

She had trained with him — magically, physically, mentally. They all knew they would not survive, but no one wanted to continue living under Voldemort’s reign.

“You ready?” she asked him.

He could tell there was a sense of fear to her voice but she was willing to take anyone out that came between her and her mission.

“Are you?” he asked back.

“I was born for this, Harry — just like you.” She came to him, revealing her velvet-green corset that shaped her in the most suggestive manner.

“You look to kill death eaters by revealing to them your breasts?” he asked hotly. You would think he would be used to nearly all males gapping at her when she walked. She had really turned out stunning.

They were adults now and though Harry was only nineteen he felt he had lived one hundred lives. His favorite life had been the last few years with Ginny by his side.

“No, I plan to stun them with my beauty,” she smirked at him, leaning in and kissing him.

He had kissed Ginny exactly 1,142 times. He never got tired of it.

Every kiss was new, every moan was intoxicating and he felt himself lost in her.

She was trembling when they parted and the warrior woman he had seen a moment ago was replaced with that small scared girl he had seen lying on the Chamber of Secret’s floor.

“Don’t be scared,” he told her, pushing a strand of hair behind her ear. “Tonight we win.”

She nodded at him, giving him a winning smile. She placed her forehead against his and the constant pain that his scar gave him was gone.

They had discovered this a few months ago. She was his antidote. The small part of Voldemort inside of her calmed him.

For what he could hate he could never love — Harry Potter’s life and its ironic twists.

“Harry. Ginny. It’s time.”

They pulled away and turned to see Hermione and Ron waiting for them — both dressed in their warrior robes ready to pull off the final act to the events that had rapidly taken over their lives.

“How are you feeling, Ginny?” Ron asked her, concerned.

“Brilliant. Moody’s potion worked wonders.” She answered him and followed Hermione and Ron out of the door.

Weeks ago he thought he would lose her. The pain inside of her prevented her from living. He had been forced to sit by her side and watch her cry almost constantly.

Voldemort was killing her from the inside out, trying to get to Harry through her.

He was going to kill the bastard tonight. He was going to make him pay for every tear she had shed, for every tear he had shed, for everyone who had lost a loved one or seen a loved one suffer.

Thanks to Moody finally returning from Africa he brought with him a primitive antidote to take her pain away and exorcise Voldemort’s hold on her.

--Until tonight when Harry would make sure every single bit of Tom Riddle was out of her.

Before him stood his brigade; composed of friends, and those hurt too much to care if they lived or die.
Much like himself.

They mounted their brooms and headed into battle.

The night was one which would live in the minds of all those who survived — there was no point of return. They were outnumbered but the need for glory of the Death Eaters was no match for hearts full of vengeance of the aurors and the wizards.

One by one they fell, making way for Harry and Ginny to go in and finish it off.

Ron fought like a champion that night and Hermione stunned quite a few with spells she had both created and brought back to life after decades of misuse.

Ginny was untouchable by the Death Eaters; the closer they got to Voldemort the more she began to glow. Harry could see the tears of pain flowing down her cheeks but she carried on; holding on to his hand like a lifeline.

“We’re almost there,” he would tell her, reassuringly.

Many died by his hand that night and he knew that after all of this he would never be the same.

She looked at him and gave him her most brilliant smile yet, then turned and fiercely looked on the path ahead.

They both stood side by side in front of a door — dark power came from it. They both knew that the moment they went through that door it would change. The greatest test was yet to come.

“Protecto sanctum imperio, protecto sanctum imperio…” Ginny started to chant and Harry joined her.

The energy that was crackling around her and his scar started building a shield — a shield just like Hermione predicted would be impenetrable.

The door flew open and what Death Eaters were left charged at them.

By just pointing his wand at them he watched them go down — one by one.

Then his eyes locked to intense red ones that regarded him with hate.

“You’re too late, Potter — she’s dead already, I can feel her dying from the inside out.” Voldemort mocked.

Harry continued chanting with Ginny as they bubble grew larger and larger — until he could hardly breathe. Ginny turned to face him, nearly sobbing with pain now but that still determined fierce look in her eyes. She then nodded to him.

His heart was beating so rapidly he was sure even Voldemort sensed his near panic. Harry pulled out the Gryffindor sword passed to him, looked at Ginny — with his hand shaking he thrust the sword into her.

He heard Voldemort scream — a loud shriek of defeat.

Ginny’s eyes were large; her breath hiccupped a few times before she fell forward and into Harry’s waiting arms.

The shield then fell leaving only him, Voldemort and a dying Ginny.

He tried not to think of the dead weight in his arms and he placed her thin body down and turned to face the creature.

“WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?” Voldermort screeched.

Harry looked at him almost in pity, sword still in hand.

Voldemort was kneeling on the floor, his nose bleeding and a dark mist around him.

“She’s made you destructible. The last bit of your soul has been killed.” Harry showed the creature the sword. “You’ve destroyed everything I was born to love. You killed my parents — my mother, my father, Sirius, Dumbledore, Cedric, Neville’s parents, so many people… did you really think no one would conquer you?”

Voldemort was trying to stand up, pulling himself up using a pillar.

“But you’ll die now — like the dog you are. You might be the most powerful Wizard to ever live … but I killed you. Twice. This time you’re not coming back. You cannot live without a soul and I need your blood to bring her back.”

He said simply.

“She’s — she’s…”

“She’ll be back. You… well, you definitely won’t.”

Harry brought his sword up and slashed it down to Voldemort’s astonished face. The head rolled, separating itself from its body, and the body and head exploded leaving Harry bathed in ashes.

He took in the place were the monster had resided then quickly turned to Ginny’s body. She was pale now and he could hear Hermione’s voice in his head.

No more than a minute can go by, Harry!

He brought the dirty sword to Ginny’s lips.

“Hemus Areito Ameirge Consairius…” His hands were trembling as he placed the sword now against the wound.

“Please… please Ginny.” His voice was trembling.

Nothing was happening. He started to shake her in earnest.

“Get up! Fight it, Ginny! I know you can fight it! Please fight it!” Tears were now flowing down his face.

He wouldn’t be able to take it, he knew it. He couldn’t take the fact that he might’ve killed her — that she might’ve died so that he could live.

“GINNY!”

She gasped, opened her eyes and let out a cry.

“Ginny?” Still shaking he picked her up and pulled her against him. “It’s all right, it’s over — he’s dead, Ginny.”

She looked at him with glassy eyes and smiled.

“I knew you could do it, Harry… I’ve always known.”

“Couldn’t have done without those that I love,” Burying his nose in her hair and hiding the tears that fell freely from his eyes.

When Hermione, Ron, Lupin and Tonks burst through the doors they found Ginny still unconscious in his arms.

Voldemort’s ashes lay innocent, without harm to be done.

--------------------

To be continued (there’s one more part)

Reviews 95
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear