Search:

SIYE Time:14:24 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


He Wasn't
By knightwhosaysni

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:All
Genres: Humor, General, Songfic
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 3
Summary: Ginny's thoughts right before the Ravenclaw/Gryffindor Match, when she sees her .... 'loving' boyfriend up to something he shouldn't.
Hitcount: Story Total: 4721







ChapterPrinter


Disclaimer: Not mine. A bit of a plot bunny attack, so, bear with me.


Ginny sat in the Quidditch Girls’ changing room, nerves filling her stomach. It was her first game, and the butterflies that were supposedly filling her abdomen felt more like rampaging Gryphons. And, of course, just to make it worse, not only was it her first game, but one of the most important of the season, and here she was, a rookie, a seeker pulled out of necessity, because Harry Bleeding Potter got banned by that toad Umbridge, along with the twins, their star beaters. Ginny didn’t blame them though. If she had been down there, and heard the things Malfoy had said, she would have beat all three of them to the punch and given the ferret the worst bat-bogey she could, and then knocked the bounder flat on his back. She shook her head and tried to think of other things. Of course, the first thing that she thought of was the quidditch match, and out of habit, she went up to the window in the small hallway to the pitch entrance, and peeked out for about the ninth time. No... Bloody... Way. That is so not Michael - my BOYFRIEND Michael- with his arm around Cho’s waist, SNOGGING Cho! OH, it is! Well, bugger this! Ginny stormed over to the bench with her broom and snatched it up. As she began to think of all the things Michael had done, hinting at this sudden change of events, she unconsiously started to ring her hands around the broom, almost as if she was..... strangling ...... someone.

There's not much going on today
I'm really bored, it's getting late
What happened to my Saturday?
Monday's coming the day I hate, hate. Haaaate.


“Urg, Ginny! How could you have been so blind!” She cried aloud when all the times came to mind. Her teammate Katie Bell looked up at her with knit brows, then back down at her boots as she laced them.

Sit on the bed alone’
Staring at the phone.


‘Well, there was the DA, he was lavishing all the attention on her.... and when Umbridge nearly caught all of us, he stood up for Marietta when Cho did.’
Ginny thought, chin on her broom, foot tapping. She always tapped her foot, no matter the situation, or her mood, but now her shoe-less appendage was going a million kilometres a minute and being very loud about it. This alone caused her other three female teammates to glance at her curiously for a moment, then go back to their various tasks of suiting up for the match . ‘The Git. I’ll show him what’s for next time I see him!’ She gave a low growl and put her hair up in a bun, then took it down and put it into a ponytail. . ‘Stupid Tosser!’

He wasn't what I wanted
What I thought, no
He wouldn't even open up the door
He never made me feel like I was special
He isn't really what I'm looking for


She sighed again. ‘Stupid me. All the little blighter wanted was a feel up my jumper!’ She snorted. The times he had tried that, he had a very sore ... something ... for a few days. ‘That little... ack!’ She started to tick off all his faults in her mind and on her fingers. ‘Well, first he was a pervy, cheating git. I wouldn’t even be surprised if he had a few Playwizard issues hidden under his mattress! The egocentric, self-loving arse... almost as bad as Malfoy! Let’s see.... well, he was possessive, always losing it whenever I spent time with any of my guy friends. My GAY guy friends.’ She laughed when she remembered the fit he threw when she was caught linking arms with Roy and Collin, the two most flamboyantly gay people in the school.

“It’s not decent, you’re MY girl!” She mimicked out loud, gaining an odd look from Alicia Spinnet.

Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey

“Erm, sorry.” Alicia nodded once, slowly, then moved a metre or two further down the bench.


This is where I start to bite my nails
And clean my dorm when all else fails
I think its time for me to bail
This point of view is getting stale. Aaale.



‘What next? Well, hmm..... Hypocritical. Flirting so openly with all those girls, (even Harry, the thickest boy in school, save my brother, pointed it out!) and then having the gall to yell at me when I exchanged greetings with any guy.... especially Harry!’ She sat back down on the bench, then stood up again to lace her quidditch boots. ‘He hated all of my friends, of either gender. Treated Luna quite badly. Hey, he was one of the igits that took her stuff! Ohh..... He was constantly teasing me, but not in a good way. Oh, and having the NERVE to tell me to buckle down with my school work! At least I’m PASSING everything, and I’m not even in Ravenclaw!’ She drew the laces taught with a small grunt, causing Angelina Johnson, Ginny’s team captain, to look up at her. Ginny smiled sheepishly.

Sit on the bed alone,
Staring at the phone.


“Sorry. Just thinking about my stupid git of — a soon to be ex boyfriend.”

He wasn't what I wanted
What I thought, no
He wouldn't even open up the doorHe never made me feel like I was special
He isn't really what I'm looking for
.


Angelina’s grimace of confusion turned to a smirk of amusement.

“Oh, I know a lot about those.” She nodded and went back to tying her wrist guards.

‘Hmm.... Well, he was a swotty, smarmy, son of a nundu (He never brushed his teeth).’ she changed feet and started to lace her other boot with just as much ferocity. ‘He was a self obsessed fop, and treated me horribly. I mean, really, even Harry, the moody prat that doesn’t know I’m a girl, treats me better!’ She shook her head vigorously and took out the loosening ponytail, then started to plait it tightly and fiercely. ‘What else? He always smelled like alcohol or sweat, and... he probably broken more rules in one year than Ron has since first! And they were all for his own gain, not for anyone else. Except for that one time Ron and Luna snuck up to the astronomy tower....’ Ginny shuddered at the thought. ‘Ok, no, let’s NOT think about the disgusting things my brother and my friend have been getting up to when there’s no one else around!’ As she finished off the braid, she thought of something else.

Uh, uh, Hey, hey,
Uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, hey, hey,
Uh, uh, hey, hey
uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, hey, hey



“Why that little scarlet woman!” Ginny cried, this time causing Angelina, Alicia, and Katie to stare, then snigger.

Na, na, na, na, na
We all got choices
Na, na, na ,na
We've all got voices
Na, na, na, na, na
Stand up make some noise
Na, na, na, na
Stand up make some noise


“Cho and Harry are a couple, right?” They all nodded, and Angelina gave me a look.

“You’re having me on!” She cried. “Chang and Corner? And they both already have someone else?!”

“Poor Harry!” Katie exclaimed.

“What a slag.” Alicia muttered.

“And, of course, it’s my boy... well, it’s my ex-boyfriend that she chose to cheat on Harry with!” Ginny growled. “Well, believe you me, he’s going to regret it!”


Sit on the bed alone
Staring at the phone



“How?” Alicia asked. “Going to beat him to a magic-less, bloody, mangled pile of parp?” Everyone in the room stared at her in wonder. “What?” She ducked her head slightly. “It’s what I’d do to my cheating boyfriend.... if I even HAD a boyfriend.”

“You’re buggering brilliant, you know. It’s just a tad too . . . . blatant and brief for my tastes.” Ginny expressed her feelings on the subject with a wave of her hand before taking her hair down and putting it BACK into a bun.

“Oh.” Alicia mumbled, a barely there sort of pink coloring her cheeks.

“So, what are you going to do, then?” She asked after a moment of awkward pause.

“Nothing.” Ginny stated simply.

“What?”

“Pardon?”

“How does that work?” Angelina called out, louder than the other two.

“Did you hear about Harry and Cho’s ‘Date’ at Madame Puddifoots?” Ginny said conversationally, giving her broom a once over. “My my, these Shooting Stars aren’t exactly that fastest things around, are they?”

“Who didn’t hear about the date? She nearly drowned him with her sobbing over Cedric, and then tore into him when he mentioned Hermione.” Katie said, eyebrows knit.

This was met by a stunned silence from Angelina and Alicia, while Ginny smiled smugly. After a moment, Katie, full of surprises, snapped her fingers.

“Oh, I get it! You aren’t nearly as wet as the human hosepipe, so Corner is going to regret being her shoulder to soak!”

“It’s excellent!” Alicia exclaimed, clapping her hands together.

“And,” The mastermind of the plan continued. “While Michael experiences Tropical Storm Cho, I will be perfectly happy, skipping in flower fields and finding new meat to prey upon.” ‘Ha! Yeah right, Gin-gin, you’ll be mooning over Harry!’ The rational, if not nasty voice in her mind spoke up. For once, Ginny didn’t care. She was too hacked off to care.

There was a knock on the door. Ron’s shaky voice filtered through the wooden door.

“Five till the game.” Angelina nodded, even though Ron couldn’t see her.

“Let’s go clobber some Ravenclaw!” She cried. “For Ginny!”

“For Ginny!” The other two girls echoed.

“For Harry.” Ginny whispered.

He wasn't what I wanted, what I thought, no.
He wouldn't even open up the door.
He never made me feel like I was special.
He isn't really what I'm looking for.


As Ginny walked down the short hallway to the pitch, she felt nerves, hidden by her anger at the Ravenclaw couple, resurface.

“Oh, Merlin, I know I’m going to cause everything to go pear shaped!” She mumbled, twisting the sleeve of her quidditch robe in her hands. She nodded once at Angelina and marched out to the pitch, taking off when she heard ‘Weasley’ called a second time. He nerve built higher when she saw Harry gazing wistfully at her. Even a disillusioned Ginny couldn’t believe that he was looking at her, Ginevra Molly Weasley, that way. She knew he just wanted to be the one Seeking.

“Aaaaaaand...... Chang!” Ginny’s head snapped up when she heard the Ravenclaw seeker’s name called, and she felt a slow, dangerous smile work its way onto her face. Her nerves cooled considerably.


“Time to thrash this little bint where she stands! Er, flies!” She cackled to herself, and took off when the whistle blew.

He wasn't what I wanted, what I thought, no.
He wouldn't even open up the door.
He never made me feel like I was special.
Like I was special, cuz I was special.




The game was going wonderfully. Every time it came his way, Ron blocked the scarlet quaffle and threw it right back to the Gryffindor chasers, which made Ginny immensely proud. The new beaters were a bit shaky, but they held their own. Yes, it was perfect. Well, almost perfect.

‘I shouldn’t be upset! He can have her!’ She thought scathingly as she saw Cho flick her hair in Michael’s direction for what seemed the seventh time this match. But she couldn’t help feeling the smallest bit of anger. Then, Ginny saw what must have been the most beautiful and most terrible thing she had ever seen.

The snitch was right by Cho’s left ear.

And the little blighter was too busy hair-flicking to notice!

Ginny felt the same slow, satisfied smile slide onto her face again, and rocketed off at Cho, flat on her broom handle for as much speed as she can get.

“And there goes the Littlest Weasley.... Merlin! She’s going to skewer Chang!” At her name, the self-obsessed Ravenclaw looked up, and right into Ginny’s face, which was less than three metres from her own.

“ARAGHH!” She shrieked. Ginny felt her grin grow into a full fledged smirk as her hand closed around the fluttering ball, bringing her broom to a shuddering halt.

I shouldn’t be upset, and I’m not.’ She reasoned.


Na Na Na Na Na

But there’s nothing wrong with enjoying a little vindication, is there?


------------------------------ ---------------------------------------- --------


AN- I know I’m a horrible person, and that I should be working on In Her Eyes right now, but the psudo-plot bunny bit me and gave me rabies, so I have about nine stories that have about three or four pages. Blame it, not me. Well, actually, you should blame me, but that’s irrelevant.






Reviews 3
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear