Search:

SIYE Time:11:11 on 18th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Holy Horntails, Harry!
By biggerstaffbunch

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Rating: PG
Reviews: 17
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2005 ***

Missing moment in HBP- How'd those rumors get started, anyways? H/G fluff. Canon fluff. :D
Hitcount: Story Total: 4914







ChapterPrinter


Disclaimer: Don't own, don't sue.

Dedicated to all those at the harry_ginny community over @ lj.

* * *
"Three Dementor attacks in a week, and all Romilda Vane does is ask me if it's true you've got a hippogriff tattooed across your chest."

Ron and Hermione both roared with laughter. Harry ignored them.

"What did you tell her?"

"I told her it's a Hungarian Horntail," said Ginny, turning a page of the newspaper idly. "Much more macho."- pg 536, HBP


* * *

The Gryffindor Common Room was silent and dark when Harry Potter came upon his girlfriend Ginny Weasley sleeping soundly one peaceful evening. The fire in the fireplace was still going strong, casting an eerie flickering glow on the empty room as Harry descended the stairs cautiously.

He had become quite used to seeing Ginny before bed since they began dating each other two weeks ago- kissing someone goodnight (and someone as pretty and fun as Ginny at that) was something Harry would never tire of. Tonight he had waited patiently by the stairs (well, under the stairs, as he rather reckoned their 'goodnights' were becoming something Ron had no wish to see) but Ginny had not met him like she was usually wont to do. It was not until the rest of Gryffindor had trouped up to their dorms that Harry noticed a small form with vivid red hair dozing comfortably behind an armchair in the corner, her chin tucked in her hands and legs curled underneath a worn blanket.

Harry smiled fondly- Ginny loved to read before bed but she detested being bothered when she was involved with a particularly good book (a fact Harry had learned the hard way two days ago trying to sneak up on her when My Wicked Wand had her full attention); she must have fallen asleep trying to hide from the distractions. Harry had walked up to his dormitory with the others, thinking it would be a great surprise to wake Ginny up himself a little bit later. They hardly had any time alone anyhow- it would be nice to have the entire Common Room to themselves.

Harry walked quietly towards Ginny's softly breathing form now, crouching to his knees and picking her book up. 'Wizarding Customs: The Fine Art of Tattoo by Gilyfer Fwipp. Harry frowned and thumbed through a page, his eyes widening at the colorful and outrageous designs marking the models within. The women and men winked, flexed, and pirouetted, showing off their various artwork with pride. Harry looked from the book to Ginny, wonder etched on his face. While he definitely didn't know everything there was to know about Ginny Weasley yet, she hardly seemed the type to get that sort of lasting mark on her body. There was a page with its corner folded over and, curious, Harry flipped it open. He couldn't surpress a laugh as he took in the image- a buff, tough-looking man with a beard and a glinting earring was showing off a long, winding picture of a Hungarian Horntail inked into his bulging bicep. The tattoo twisted and coiled, occasionally giving a hazy, sparkling burst of flame that skated around the with of his arm. It really was rather cool.

"Harry?" Ginny's voice was thick and drowsy as she woke up. Harry dropped the book and sat down, folding his legs and brushing a strand of Ginny's hair off her face. He couldn't help the happy burst of contentment that spread through him as Ginny smiled sleepily up at him, her brown eyes glowing slightly as the firelight reflected in them. "I fell asleep, did I?"

Harry nodded. "Yeah. But I don't think anyone noticed you in the corner. Except me, but then, I know all your really weird habits, don't I?" He gave a small smirk, leaning back slightly on his hands and peering down at Ginny through his glasses.

Ginny smirked slightly back, sitting up and stretching lazily. She yawned and her hair spilled wildly down her shoulders, crimson in the moving shadows. Then, without warning, she launched herself at Harry, toppling him to the floor and bracing his hips with her knees as she leaned over him, her arms holding her up and hair forming a fiery curtain around their faces. "You're a naughty boy, Mr. Potter," Ginny said conversationally, her tone easy and free. "Thought you'd get ickle Ginny Weasley all alone in the Common Room and have your wicked, Chosen One way with her? Tsk, tsk." Her grin was mischevious and she leaned down to rub her nose against his.

Harry laughed, bringing his hands up to lace his fingers through Ginny's hair idly. "I don't need to get you alone to have my wicked, Chosen One way with you, Miss Weasley. Do I?"

Ginny laughed too, and an interesting part of her anatomy moved. Harry couldn't breathe for a moment and Ginny watched, amused. "No, you certainly do not. Though, it'd be a lot nicer to poor Won-Won if we did it this way."

Harry couldn't surpress a nervous giggle and then flamed bright red with embarrassment. Boys didn't giggle in front of their girlfriends!

"If we did it?" he asked, his voice decibels higher than normal and the creature in his chest stirring interestedly.

Ginny laughed again, throwing her head back and shaking her hair around. "Oh, you stupid boy," she said fondly. Golden red strands of hairs clung to her forehead as she peered down at him. "You know what I mean. I've really only been with you for two weeks, Harry. Ron would have a fit if we did anything more than snogging, you know." The serious glint in her eyes sobered Harry up.

"Oh, yeah, of course," Harry said hastily, scrambling not to look like an idiot. "Snogging's good, it's fine." He was so desperate to not look desperate, in fact, that he sat straight up, toppling Ginny to the floor this time.

"Oh!" Harry thumbed his glasses up nervously and swore, crawling over Ginny and shaking his head. "Ginny, I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to-"

Ginny giggled. "S' okay," she said. "I reckon I shouldn't have touched on such a serious topic so early- or late, as it is." She glanced up at Harry, her eyes softening as she gazed into his. "You're right, snogging is fine."

Harry laughed a little breathlessly, still leaning over Ginny. "Just fine? I guess we can't all be Won-Won and Lavvy." He laughed even more as Ginny snorted, rolling her eyes.

"Good thing, too. I don't fancy anyone- not even you, Chosen One- attached to my face like a saliva-hungry leech, thanks."

Harry grinned wickedly. "Well, I suppose I'll have to refine my technique, then."

Ginny's eyes glowed brilliantly as she stared up at him. "Yeah, I suppose you will."

With that, both closed the distance between them and Harry felt a burst of warmth explode within his chest when Ginny breathed softly against his lips. Her fingers slid through his hair and her knee tapped an absent rhythym against his waist. She always tasted really good, Harry had noticed, like chocolate and oranges. He grimaced slightly, knowing he must taste like that horrible pumpkin pasty Hermione had made him eat at dinner. Then Ginny's lips were parting and Harry ceased to think of anything at all but the hot lightning strikes that were shooting through his body as his tongue touched hers. He was getting so lost in their kissing, in fact, that he hardly noticed when Ginny pushed slightly at his chest, looking up at him with kiss-swollen lips and a dazed expression on her face. Harry thought she looked beautiful.

"We should go upstairs. It's so late, and if I stay any longer, I won't want to leave." Ginny said breathlessly, and Harry knew she was right.

Harry nodded. "Yeah. Okay, we will. Just let me-" he fumbled, rolled over and lay beside Ginny, reaching a hand out and capturing hers again. "I like this," he said simply after a few moments. "I like you."

They both lay like that for awhile. Then Ginny said, "Harry, why do you- I mean, I know you really like me, I really like you, too- but what I'm trying to say is... Why? Why me, and why now, and just- really, Harry. I need to know. Why?"

Harry rolled over again, watching Ginny's profile as she stared determinedly up at the ceiling, stunned that she had kept this outburst in, that she would still feel unsure of his emotions.

"Well," Harry started, trying to put into words all he felt, "You make me happy, Ginny. I...I know it was awfully sudden, me kissing you, I mean. And I reckon I never paid you much attention before, but..." he trailed off, embarrassed. "I just know that I started really liking your smile and your long hair, and the way you played Quidditch, and the fact that you always give it as good as you get. I like the way you make me laugh when no one else does, and how you tell me off without being a nag, and you know, after that Bat-Bogey Hex of yours hit Malfoy, it was hard not to like you. And, and...you really smell good." Harry averted his eyes, mortified at his stupid admission.

Ginny gave a small chuckle. "Thanks. It's an old homemade soap we get at this market near the Burrow. Really quite good stuff, and cheap. But it's good to know someone appreciates it." She winked and Harry knew her momentary uncertainty was gone.

Harry smiled too. "I do appreciate it," he said somewhat huskily. "Let anyone try not to appreciate you. It's impossible work, Ginny Weasley."

Ginny sighed and pressed closer to Harry. "Thank you," she said quietly, burying her head in the crook of his shoulder and neck in an uncharacteristic gesture of shyness. Harry wrapped his arms around her, marvelling at how easy, how right it was to be this way with a girl! With Ginny. He pressed a small kiss on her head and cocked his head, pleasantly stunned as he realized he was sort of good at this romance thing. Better than Ron, at least. He bit his lip and grinned. Poor Ron.

"You know," Harry said, "Your brother is going to go mad anyways." He reached over Ginny and picked the book up. "I can't believe you're getting a tattoo! Those are permanent Ginny, and I think you're really pretty already-"

Ginny grabbed the book and shook her head. "Harry, I'm not getting a tattoo! Bill has one and it's quite a pain, you have to rub ointment on it all the time so it doesn't move around your body, and sometimes you have to charm it so it stays still or else you go mad with all the itchiness. I would never."

Harry gave a small indignant noise. "Then why bookmark the Horntail page?"

Ginny smiled. "I've been researching, Mr. Potter. Bill wants a second one done, the lovesick fool, Phlegm finds them 'razzer dasheeng.'He wants me to do it, so I've been practicing. Tattoos really quite cool even if they are inadvisable to etch on your own person..In fact..." Her grin was a bit wicked as she traced a fingertip down Harry's chest. "I've been looking for a model to practice on. I dunno if the Horntail is your speed however, you've got to be really macho for something like that. Maybe a hippogriff, though."

Harry gave a small smile back, leaning in slightly. "Oh yeah, Weasley?"

"Oh yeah, Potter." Ginny gave a peal of laughter as Harry grabbed her by the waist and kissed her soundly. Her lips were warm and soft, and Harry thought he tasted his own happiness on her. He couldn't help but give in to the warmth that spread through his body, pressing closer to Ginny and sliding his fingers through her hair. He, Harry Potter, was snogging on the floor of the Gryffindor Common Room with his best mate's incredibly beautiful little sister! Life didn't get much better than this.

"Voldemort, who?" Harry said fuzzily as they broke apart, breathing slightly heavily. His glasses were askew and he was fairly sure they would never stop bumping noses and clanking teeth, but kissing Ginny was an art form all on it's own.

"Holy Horntails, Harry," Ginny breathed, pushing Harry's glasses up slightly, her fingers lingering over the angles of his face. "I think this was some goodnight."

"Oh," Harry said, disappointed. "Yeah, I guess it's time to go upstairs." He climbed to his feet, still holding Ginny's hand, and grabbed her close for a warm, fierce hug. "Goodnight, Ginny," he whispered in her hair.

Ginny tilted her chin up and gave him another slow, lingering kiss. "Goodnight, Harry."

They both smiled somewhat shyly at each other as they made their way to the stairs. Harry felt a happy bubble rise up in his throat and he couldn't stop the beaming grin that overtook him. Him, snogging Ginny. Smart, funny, brave, ppopular, pretty Ginny. His girlfriend. And Ginny never cried.

"You know, Harry," Ginny's voice floated quietly up to him. Her next words made him float on air as he made his way to the dorms that night.

"Just because we're so young now- you know. It doesn't mean eventually...I mean, down the road, I can see us still...we don't ahve to, of course, but if you still want to...Oh, bugger."

Harry smiled as he dozed off, for once not fighting sleep and welcoming the pleasant dreams to be had. "Oh, bugger, indeed."

Down the road was looking like a wonderful journey already.


Reviews 17
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear