Search:

SIYE Time:12:09 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the Cold Fire
By EBKAUN

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Ron Weasley
Genres: General
Warnings: None
Rating: PG
Reviews: 5
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2005 ***

harry recieves a talking envelope from ron..and finds out he is going to the burrow
Hitcount: Story Total: 3020







ChapterPrinter


Harry Potter And The Cold Fire
By E.B. KAUN
Harry awoke from his sleep in a shout, and immediately hoped that he did not wake up his Uncle Vernon. If he had, there would be no telling what kind of fate would befall him that night. Harry sat in his bed listening for any signs of Vernon or Petunia awakening, but to his relief, there were none.

He put his head back on his pillow, hoping to find some nightmare less sleep before morning. When the sleep did not come, he propped his pillow up on the backboard of his bed, and sat there, looking through the window, searching for any signs of his owl’s return home from hunting. He had let Hedwig out to search for his dinner, but he was getting a bit nervous to see that he had not returned yet.

Harry got out of his bed, reached for his glasses and slid them over his nose. He looked out the window once again, and to his amazement, Hedwig was flying toward his window with what looked like a parcel attached to his leg. After a few seconds, the owl landed on the windowsill with grace, holding out his led for Harry to take of the tiny package.

As Harry did so, the package started to glow. Immediately after the parcel was taken from Hedwig’s leg, she took off through the window in search of a tasty mouse. Haven’t found dinner yet, have you? Harry thought. He looked down at the glowing parcel he was now holding in his hand, and turned it over. There was the mark on the envelope that told him it was from the Weasley family.

He opened the envelope wondering what it contained. When he looked inside the package and saw that nothing was in it, he discarded it on his bed and sat down wondering why they would send a package with nothing in it. Just as the thought that Hedwig might have been intercepted and the contents of the package stolen crossed his mind, someone said, “Hello Harry!”

Harry looked around for the owner of the voice. As he did so, the voice once again spoke, “Well, Harry, how are you this summer?” Harry looked down at the envelope and what he saw amazed him. The envelope had folded itself to look like a miniature version of Ron’s dad, Arthur Weasley. “Come on, speak up Harry,” the paper Arthur said.
“Er- What?” he replied.
“Harry, it’s Arthur. I sure hope that the envelope didn’t fold into a duck shape like the last time I used one. Anyway, how has your summer been going?”
“Lousy,” said Harry, a little nervous to be talking to an envelope.
“Oh? How so?” asked Arthur.
“Well, it’s like any other summer at the Dursley’s,” he put a little emphasis on the last word.
“I see. Well, anyway, Ron wanted to talk to you.” The envelope looked away from Harry and said, “Here you go, Ron.”

As the envelope turned toward Harry again it folded from an Arthur shape, back to an envelope and from there to a shape that looked a bit like Ron. “Hi, Harry,” Ron said.
“Ron!” said Harry.
“You know what?” asked Ron.
“No I don’t,” said Harry.
“We’re coming to get you out of that Muggle hole.”
“You are? When? I can’t wait!” said Harry, impatient to get out of number four Privet Drive.
“We’re coming tomorrow,” he said, “Dad’s got it approved with Dumbledore and everything.”
“Yes, this is awesome!” exclaimed Harry.
“What? Are the Dursleys treating you badly again? I ought’a murder them.”
“It’s okay, Ron. You don’t have to get yourself thrown into Azkaban for me.”
“You know I’d do it, if you let me. Remember last year when Ginny-” Ron stopped himself.
“What? What did you say Ginny did?”
“I promised not to tell you,” said Ron nervously.
“Come on, Ron! You’ve come this far. I tell you my secrets.”
“Well, okay. She punched your uncle in his nose. Broke it twice.”

At that moment, Harry’s head was swimming with affection towards Ginny. He had never felt like this before, with the exception of when he was standing in front of the Mirror of Erisad in his first year at Hogwarts. The mirror showed what the persons deepest desires were, and Harry saw himself standing in front of his parents, just smiling.

“That was weird,” said Ron.
“What?”
“Ginny just walked by and saw that the envelope was in your form. She turned bright red at the sight of it.”

Harry’s head started to swim again. Maybe Ginny likes me too, he hoped.
“Well, get your things packed. We’re coming to get you at noon.”
“Who said I have even unpacked?”
And Ron tore the envelope, ending the conversation.

End of Chapter One
Reviews 5
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear