Search:

SIYE Time:12:04 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Temporary
By KateC

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 17
Summary: The trio has returned to Hogwarts for their seventh year. Ginny and Harry have fun on the grounds, but are interrupted.
Hitcount: Story Total: 4838







ChapterPrinter


Disclaimer: I am in no way connected to the HPverse, I'm just borrowing the characters to amuse myself.

Harry gazed up at Hogwarts - the only place that he has proudly called ‘home’ - with forced affection. The windows were as gleaming and spotless as ever, as many dazed birds could attest, and the air crackled with mischief and magic. Be that as it may, Dumbledore’s absence left a void that not even the beauty of a bright, sunlit day could temporarily fill. Harry sighed and propped his head up on his arm.

A rather rumpled-looking girl was dashing down the hill towards him. She was dropping her robes and books in her wake as she struggled with two - melting - ice cream cones. She plopped down beside Harry and gave him a brilliant smile. For one fleeting moment, Harry’s spirits rose as his heart beat sped up.

“Hey Gin, what took you so long?”

Ginny glared playfully at him, before hastily swiping at the sugary concoction with her tongue. Harry’s eyes followed the movement lazily.

“Careful now, or maybe you won’t be getting your ice cream in the part of your body that you’d planned!” She cocked her head to the side, looking at him appraisingly.

Harry held his hands up in mock surrender. With a prim ‘hmph’ Ginny handed over a cone to his eager hands.

“Thanks. You should have asked me though, I would have gotten it for y-” Harry paused and moaned as the chocolate filled his mouth. “Merlin, this is heavenly!”

Ginny kissed his cheek and laid down on the grass beside him. Turning on his side, Harry attempted to admire the shine of the sunlight on her hair, but the cold slide of ice cream across his fingers thwarted his efforts.

“Guess this isn’t going to work,” he said sheepishly. He sat up and pulled a pouty Ginny with him.

“Just because you can’t control your food, I can’t be comfy?”

“You can be perfectly content right up here with me. Besides, if you were waaaay-” his eyes flew to the ground dramatically, “down there I would be lonely.”

She giggled reluctantly and grabbed the offending ice cream from him.

“Hey! That’s mine!”

Ginny smiled coquettishly and shook her head resolutely. “You obviously can’t handle the responsibility... You’ll have to share mine.” She crawled onto his lap.

Harry wasn’t sure how to react. The bagginess of school robes usually afforded him with sufficient protection from prying eyes. His - er - problem couldn’t be hid too easily when Ginny was practically bouncing all over him. Not to mention he’d left his robes on his bed anyway.

“Er - Ginny..” Harry fumbled as Ginny loosened his tie and undid the few top buttons of his shirt.

Not noticing Harry’s discomfort, or ignoring it, Ginny stared into his bright green eyes. “What? You must be boiling in these clothes.” Truthfully he was quite hot - a thin sheen of sweat had appeared on his toned skin - but he had refrained from loosening or losing some clothing. One more weapon in his arsenal to control himself.

She shifted on his lap and a ridiculous hysteria rose inside him. Get a life Potter, he chastised himself. How many snogging sessions have you two had? She had to have felt something then.

Ginny was dancing inside at his obvious discomfort. Adorable discomfort, she corrected herself. Harry had been robbed of his innocence in so many ways, but Ginny was delighted this particular area was not one of them. So she merely smiled, and placatingly offered her ice cream to him.

Harry managed a small grin and helped himself. A wicked urge took hold of him and he purposely pushed a generous dollop of ice cream onto her fingers.

“Harry!!” Ginny giggled and dropped the cone on the ground.

He smirked mischievously and pushed his perpetually untidy hair out of his face. Driven by a force that only Ginny could bring out of him, Harry lifted her ice-cream laden hand deliberately lifted it to his lips. She sucked in a breath and her eyes narrowed as she watched his pink tongue dart out to the ice cream.

“Fine then! You want to play that way?” She meant the words to come out confident and commanding, but a tremor in her voice betrayed her true feelings. Only Harry could affect me like this, Ginny winced inwardly. I am popular and unflappable and determined. Damnit! She wrapped her arms around his neck and pressed herself fully up against him.

Harry quickly contained his surprise (Really, why am I surprised anymore? Harry thought gleefully.) and pressed his forehead against hers. The sweet and intimate touches Harry carelessly administered always touched Ginny in ways she couldn’t explain. Something about him just made it feel as there was literally something tugging at her heart.

Harry stared into Ginny’s bright eyes and leaned in to kiss her. Warmth incased him as he lost himself in her. Ginny let out a satisfied little sigh and... well... snogged him senseless. She happily pushed him onto his back, without ever breaking the lovely rhythm that only they could create together. She pushed her hands eagerly under the crisp white shirt he wore and giggled as he protested feebly.

“OH! Augghh.......Gi.... Har... Auh!!! ”

Ginny and Harry froze. Ginny struggled to get off of Harry but his hands were still tangled in her hair. They impatiently untangled themselves from each other and jumped up.

Ron and Hermione were standing rather awkwardly together; they were trying not stare, but failing miserably.

Hermione grinned and said, ‘Whatcha doin?” She laughed delightedly and looked at Ron. He was looking slightly pale and wore an expression as if a mouse had suddenly climbed up into his private parts. (He refuses to tell that story!)

“Honestly Ron, what did you think boyfriends and girlfriends do? Just where were you when we accidentally locked ourselves in the Room of Requirement?” She blushed and laughed in spite of herself.

“Hermione! That’s my sister. My only sister. My baby sister! You....” He jerked accusingly to Harry. “You promised me.. Er- well you two said I wouldn’t have to tolerate much!”

Harry and Ginny glanced at each other guiltily. Harry knew by the hard look in Ginny’s eyes that he needed to quickly diffuse the situation.

“Ron. Uhm. I’m really sorry. We’re both sorry. We just - er - got carried away...” Harry finished lamely.

“Ah, Harry, you have leaves in your hair.” Hermione interjected.

Harry impatiently ran his hands through his hair and looked at Ginny. He had to resist the insane urge to laugh and he took in her appearance. Rumpled was an understatement. Her hair was gloriously wild around her face and there were smudges of dirt decorating her white blouse. Her treasured Gryffindor tie was the only thing in the ordinary, but only because it was always worn haphazardly around any body part the owner saw fit.

He smiled at her fondly and looked at Ron and Hermione. “Why’d you come find us, anyway?”

Hermione smiled in approval at the change of subject and smacked the still horrified Ron back into reality.

Ron looked offended for a second and said, “Will you ever stop hitting me?”

Hermione smiled indulgently at him. “When you stop being so immature, I won’t. So... Never.” She laughed and turned back to Harry, suddenly serious. “Lupin is up in MacGonagall’s office. He needs to see you.”

Harry instantly sobered and grumbled about Ron wasting his time. He quickly kissed Ginny goodbye - to which Ron gave a little moan of anguish and covered his face - and walked to Hermione.

Hermione grabbed his arm and raised her wand. “Scourgify!” She grinned. “You were ah... looking a bit suspicious.” Apparently unable to contain herself any longer, she burst out laughing.

Harry just shrugged and his smile grew as he made his way up to the castle. Arriving at the door, he turned and watched as Ginny was obviously threatening to hex Ron into next week. The stifling loneliness that usually permeated his consciousness was suspiciously absent. He may be alone now, all the time, or periodically - but it was only temporary. He had a life to lead, whether it was in this one, or the next.

END.

Author's Note: This is well, completely pointless fluff that I wrote just to comfort myself after HBP. I hope it's cute at least;) 'Tis my first attempt at HP fanfiction.
Reviews 17
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear