Search:

SIYE Time:2:28 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Hiccups
By trublondie

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Angst, Fluff, Humor
Warnings: None
Rating: G
Reviews: 11
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2005 ***

While Ginny has the hiccups she and Harry have a little chat while setting up for Bill and Fleurs wedding. Harry tells her a way that you cacn get rid of them. So she tries it and... (story is much better then the summary, please R/R)
Hitcount: Story Total: 4726







ChapterPrinter


I am not JKR, as you will soon find out. I am also making no profit off of it. Enjoy and please review.

As of now this is only a one-shot. I'm thinking about a sequel, but im not sure.

Asterisk indicates hiccup.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()( )()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()( )()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()( )()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()





Hiccups are so annoying. You can’t just wish them away. You have to hold your breath, or drink from a cup upside down for them to go away. And that doesn’t always work. Why hasn’t someone invented a charm for it? Oh, yeah they have but of course the Ministry had to pass the law that underage witches and wizards couldn’t use magic. I mean seriously who wants to go places with hiccups. If they weren’t so noticeable then it wouldn’t be as bad. But mine shake my body, and you can probably hear them from miles away. But they aren’t as bad as my friend Allie, after she hiccups she burps. It is quite disgusting. But it is also funny. Oh, great here comes someone for me now. Let’s see how many words I can get out before I hiccup again.

“Hey, Gin”

“Oh, hi Har*ry. What are you doing?” Great I was on my third letter and a stupid hiccup had to barge its way in to try and ruin my life.

“Nothing really, I was going to see if you needed any help with putting up the decorations for Bill and Fleur’s wedding.”

“Well that is nice * of you Harry. And I could use some help with hanging * up they high things. But you don’t have to * help if you don’t want to.”

“Of course I want to help. After all that this family has done for me, I want to do something in return.”

“Ok. Well I need to hang * this banner for the reception. I'm not * sure where we should put it at the * moment. Then I need help putting all of * the chairs up for the actual * wedding.”

“Ok. What do you want to start with?”

“Well, let’s first hang up the banner. That * way when we get all sweaty from all the other stuff outside * we won’t be as stinky. Is that * ok with you?”

“Yeah, that’s fine. Good idea about the sweaty part.”

After they got the banner and everything that they needed to put it up they decided that it would look good over the mantle, as long as it didn’t catch on fire. They would also be able to get it up easier because they could stand on the mantle.

They were silent for a while then Ginny decided to break it.

“You seem happy Harry.” Yes, I got out a sentence with out hiccupping at all!

“I guess I am.”

“Any reason?”

“Yeah.”

“Well, what is it?”

“Oh, maybe I will tell you later. Right now we have to do something about those hiccups. Aren’t they getting annoying?”

“Yes * but I have tried everything. I don’t * know what else to do. Do you have any * suggestions? Since you seem so high * and mighty Harry.”

“Yes, I do have an idea. And I am not high and mighty.”

“Sorry about * that, I was just joking. Well what * is your idea?”

“Well, a while ago someone told me that when you have the hiccups it means that some one is thinking of you. So what you have to do is say they name of a person that you know. Not that you have heard of until the hiccups go away and that is the person that is thinking of you.”

“So you are telling * me to start naming off random people * until my hiccups go away.”

“Yes.”

“I wonder where you get some of * these things Harry. But then I remember you are * the ‘Chosen One’ so I don’t even ask.”

“Yeah, well anyways are you going to try it?”

“Maybe later. We have to set up * the chairs now.”

“Ok. Where are the chairs at?”

“Well they are in the shed. I think * unless Ron, or Dad got them out for us. Then they would just * be lying down on the ground.”

“Ok. So Gin, how many people are coming?”

“Well there is all of our family, which is * seven, eight if Percy comes which I don’t think her will. Then there is * all of Fleur’s family and that is three plus her Grandma and * Grandpa. Some off our extended family too. Then you and * Hermione. Ron asked her to be his date to the wedding * you know. I think Mum almost had * a heart attack when he told her. Then a few off our * close friends and a few of Bill’s friends. And maybe * a few of Fleur’s. But it should be around seventy to eighty-five.”

“Wow that is a lot of people.”

“Yeah, us Weasley’s are popular * people.” Ginny said, joking.

“Yes, you are.”

“Ok now we have to * set up these chairs.”

“Yes, Ma’m.”

“Ok. I am tired of these hiccups. I don’t care * how far fetched that story of yours sounds Harry I am going * to try it.”

“Then go ahead.”
“Alright. Ron.”

Hiccup.

“Fred.”

Hiccup.

“Georg e.”

Hiccup.

“Well, it won’t be you Harry. Ummmm… * Hermione?”

Hiccup.

“Charlie.”

Hiccup.

“Bill.”

Hiccup.

“Mum.”

Hiccup.

“Da d?”

Hiccup.

“Percy.”

Hiccup.

“Arrrrr rggggg… this is not going to work Harry, I don’t even * know why I tired it.”

“Oh, come on Gin. Just guess one more person.”

“Ok. Harry.”

There was silence after this that lasted for much longer than any of the others lasted. Then finally Ginny tried talking again.

“So Harry, it was you thinking about me all this time.”

“Maybe.”

“Oh, come of it Harry, was it you or was it not.”

“Ok. It was me that was thinking about you.”

“But why Harry. I thought that you didn’t want to be with me anymore. Do you know how bad that hurt me Harry? How bad it hurt to hear that because of Voldemort our relationship had to be ruined?” By now Ginny was close to tears. “I said I understood Harry, and I am really trying to. But I can’t. What we had was so great. What we had was real. Not some school kid relationship where it was really over before it even started. It was perfect. And every time we kissed or every time we held hands, or every time you held me it felt like nothing mattered but you and me. Like ever thing was perfect. Then you had to be all noble and tell me it was over because you were afraid I would die. Well you know what Harry. Everyone is going to die eventually. And me being with you doesn’t make it any more likely. I'm a Weasley Harry. We are already a target. I was also the one that was lead down into the chamber because I was possessed by him. So Harry, before I even really knew you I was a target. And being with you might even help me live. You have beat him before so you can do it again. And no matter what you say I'm going with you to look for those Horcuxes. And we will find every last one. Together.” By the time Ginny got this all out she was crying. And she didn’t even realize that Harry was holding her.

“Ginny, I didn’t want to end it between us. And all those things you felt, I felt them too. And Ginny I want to be back together again. Every night I think of what life would be like now if we were together. Every night I toss and turn I bed thinking of you. And Ginny I want you back. I really do. But what is something happens to you? I would never forgive myself.”

“If something happens to me, and I end up dying at least I will die happy.”

“But-“

“Now Harry, if you don’t want me then just say so and I will walk away forever but I don’t want to. It would break my heart but if that is what you want then I will. So you have to say something now Harry or you will never have the chance to be with me again.”

After a minute of silence Ginny was starting to turn her back on Harry for good but then he shouted out.

“Ginny, please be my girlfriend again.”

She turned around and ran towards him. Once she got to him she gave him a big hug and whispered in his ear.

“I thought you’d never ask.”

Then they kissed.

A/N- I got the background for this story when I went to Bosnia with my church. While I was there a lady told Betty, the girl I was staying with that when you have the hiccups that means some one is thinking of you. So the next day we went to this school and a Luke, ( Betty’s youngest son) had the hiccups. So I was like, that means that someone is thinking about you. Well he goes, it isn’t you. And I was a little disappointed because I was thinking about him. So anyways he was thinking about people and unfortunately he never thought of me so nothing came from it. But I thought that it would have been a good story anyways. This is the was I would of liked it to end up though. Any ways please review, they just make my day.
Reviews 11
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear