Search:

SIYE Time:10:23 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Fix You
By Gin_Gin

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, James Potter, Lily Potter, Luna Lovegood, Minerva McGonagall, Neville Longbottom, Nymphadora Tonks, Oliver Wood, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley, Severus Snape, Sirius Black
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Comedy, Drama, Fluff, General, Humor, Tragedy
Warnings: Death
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 17
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2005 ***

Ginny has just found out that the trio are leaving on their quest, but she does not take the news very well
Hitcount: Story Total: 3650







ChapterPrinter


Chapter One

Ginny Weasley’s freckled face glowered. She angrily pushed a strand of long red hair behind her ear because it was threatening to fall over her face, making her even more annoyed. Her bright brown eyes burned into her brother’s blue ones and he hastily took a step back from her, coming in contact with the wall. A big mistake, Ron soon realized, for now he had no escape from his livid little sister.

“Why won’t you tell me?” she shouted, her wand drawn and her face narrowed. She felt confident as Ron eyed her wand, clearly thinking of her Bat-Bogey Hex.

“Look, I told you. I promised Harry that I wouldn’t tell anyone…that includes you!” He added furiously as Ginny opened her mouth to argue. “Stop pestering me and let me finish packing my things!”

He tried to get to the other side of his room but Ginny flung her arm out unexpectedly, causing Ron to fall back against the wall, hitting his head painfully hard on his Chudley Cannons poster.

“Listen here. I’m older then you and you have absolutely no right to be horrible to your older brother. In fact, you should not question me at all…” Ron started, adopting a more dignified voice which Ginny had heard the prat Percy use so many times.

“Fine then! Go! Desert all of us — see if I care. Go and play hooky with Hermione!” Ginny yelled.

”It’s not like that” Ron replied, his ears going red. “It’s just that…oh Ginny don’t!” he suddenly said, his eyes wide as Ginny raised her wand and muttered the incantation for the Bat Bogey Hex.

Still furious, Ginny stormed off while Ron was faced to cover his head as giant bogeys flapped around him. She scrambled to her room; slamming the door shut behind her once she was in.

How dare they do this to her? How could Ron, her own flesh and blood, be ready to leave their whole family and go off searching for something Ron had oh so kindly not told them. And Hermione, Ginny’s friend, to who Ginny had given non stop advice to about her useless brother, not even bother to explain where they would be going?

And Harry Ginny thought.

She had thought that they had understood each other perfectly. But why then had Harry decided to allow Ron and Hermione come with him on what Ron declared as a “dangerous mission”. Ron and Hermione were Harry’s best friends, would they not be in danger of getting hunted by Voldemort too? Perhaps even more so then she.

She buried her head in her pillow and closed her eyes. The first thing she saw was Harry’s strained face, his forced smile at Bill and Fleur’s wedding ceremony. He looked like he had a lot on his mind so Ginny did not bother him but she did often cheer him up when she saw that he was down.

Then, a day after Bill and Fleur had apparated away to their honeymoon suite (for the adults had insisted that they be allowed a proper honeymoon despite the ongoing circumstances with Voldemort), Harry, Ron and Hermione had called Mr. and Mrs. Weasley into the kitchen where the trio told them about not attending Hogwarts that year but searching for something, which they said, would ultimately destroy Voldemort.

Ginny, who was lingering at the door of the kitchen, tying her shoelace for she was about to propose a game of Qudditch, had quickly eves-dropped on the conversation. The rest of the conversation had mostly consisted of Ginny’s mother yelling, shouting things like, “Too young!”, “Quitting school” and “Ridiculous”.

After Mrs. Weasley had quieted down, Harry then explained to both her parents that he was not sure exactly where he would be going with their son and Hermione but he assured them that they would remain safe and…

By this time, Ginny had managed to tune the boy who lived out, with her mind buzzing with angry thoughts and questions. She had run back up to her room and questioned Hermione about it in the night before sleeping but Hermione pretended that she was fast asleep, causing Ginny to become more and more irritated.

Which was why, the next morning, she had cornered her brother while he was packing his things. Ginny was shocked to see this and immediately knew that her parents had given them permission to go and out on this quest, whatever it was. How this was possible, Ginny did not know, for she wasn’t even allowed to go up to the village online anymore, and neither was Ron.

Harry, Ginny had noticed, was avoiding her as much as possible. Now that Ginny thought about it, Harry had been avoiding her the whole two weeks he had been at The Burrow. Ginny had taken this to mean that perhaps what they had had over her remainder of her fifth year hadn’t really meant a lot to Harry. Then again, he could be avoiding her because he still had feelings for her.

Ginny laughed out loud, thinking I’m just flattering myself.

Just then, there was a knock on her door. Lifting her head up from her pillow, Ginny saw the form of a tall young man with messy jet black hair, to die for emerald green eyes and a lightening bolt scar marked on his forehead, enter. Ginny immediately sat up on her bed, smoothening down her white summer dress.

“Can I help you?” Ginny asked formally, at the same time she tried to keep her tone casual.

“Ginny, I was just up in Ron’s room…”

“I suppose he told you how I tried to force where you three were going out of him” Ginny said bitterly.

“Err no, I just recognized the hex you used” Harry replied shortly.

“Oh”.

There was an awkward silence in which Ginny placed with the hem of her dress and Harry was still positioned by the doorway.

“Ginny, I wish I could tell you. I just…well, I promised Dumbledore that I wouldn’t say a word about any of it to anyone except Ron and Hermione” Harry started, staring straight into Ginny’s eyes.

It took a moment for Ginny to take it in. Seeing no loopholes in this, she then said, “But I could still come with you…”

“It’s too dangerous”

“But you’re letting Ron and…”

“It’s too dangerous. I’m already putting them in danger. Don’t let me do the same to you. Please” he begged, his eyes burning into hers. He came and sat next to her on the bed, “Anyone who gets close to me…I lose them all. I need you to stay here, you need to stay here, and look after your mother, and go to Hogwarts”.

“There’s no point!”

“Ginny, please. I’m begging you, I can’t take you along with me. I love you, okay, and if you come with me then…”

“What did you say?” Ginny said sharply while Harry looked at the floor. She turned towards him and titled his face upwards towards her. “Did you say that you love me?”

”I did, Ginny Weasley. I love you”

Suddenly, without warning, she leaned forward and kissed him. He returned the kiss with an equal passion and a little later, they broke away, breathing heavily.

“Ginny, I’ve got to go” Harry finally said weakly.

“I know” she replied, meeting his gaze. “And I can’t leave, as much as I want to, it will break mum and I can’t do that right now”.

“I know” he said, nodding. He got up and made his way to the door before looking back at her. “I don’t know how long it will take, Ginny, to defeat him. But I promise, after that, I’ll be ready with…a ring”.

“I’ll be waiting for you, as long as it takes. Just come back to me” she whispered.

He nodded, his eyes full of sadness. He turned to go before Ginny called out to him. Turning around, one final time, she ran to him and flung her arms around him before retreating.

“I love you too, Harry Potter. I always have and I always will”.
Reviews 17
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear