Search:

SIYE Time:17:22 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


More Than Anyone
By Ginny_Potter_89

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Other, Harry/Ginny
Genres: Angst, Fluff, Humor, Songfic
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 11
Summary: Ginny is leaving. Harry won't let her. Songfic to Gavin Degraw's: More Than Anyone
Hitcount: Story Total: 4430







ChapterPrinter


Disclaimer: I do not own any of J.K Rowling’s material or characters . And I don’t own any of Gavin Degraw’s songs, either.

More Than Anyone



Harry watched her pack her things into a large suitcase, his expression hollow and empty. He was angry with her -- angry with her for leaving. She was running off with that blasted man of hers, off to France or wherever.

And she even knew how he felt about her.

It started over a year ago. Ginny, who was having money troubles after graduating Hogwarts, and trouble with her training and other things (she wanted to be a Healer), she needed a place to stay (she was too stubborn to return home). So Harry had offered her a room in the spacious, newly renovated Grimmauld Place, which had been put in his name when he turned seventeen, and he moved into it when he was eighteen.

She had only planned to stay until she got on her feet, but both had gotten comfortable, so she decided to stay permanently. It was sort of like back when they were still in school, and each always had someone to talk to.

Back then, Harry had been dating Susan Bones. But she suddenly broke things off, ending in a bitter break-up that left Harry wondering.

“You spend more time with her then you do me!” she had said. “And I don’t like the fact that you live with her, either!”

“You don’t trust me?”

“Not anymore -- and I don’t trust her!”

“D-don’t trust her?!” Harry spluttered. “You’ve known her for years, Susan -- we did so much together -- I thought you two were friends!”

“Not after what I found out,” Susan said, moving toward the door. “You’ve always looked at her her -- and you’ve never looked at me that way. . . I’m just the next best thing.”

“What?”

R 20;You know exactly what I mean. ‘Bye Harry. . .”


It had taken him a few days to figure out what she had meant, and then it hit him hard. He was in love with Ginny, and he must have been even before he started dating Susan.

There was no denying it, and he had to tell her. He had to have her.

But when he went to tell her (finding her at her favorite Muggle cafe near the Leaky Cauldron), he found her with someone else.

It was a man that he had never seen before, a tall one with blonde hair and brown eyes. A man that looked like one of those rich kids, the son of an earl maybe -- he probably had never worked a day in his life.

Harry heart had broken into a million pieces, so he’d left. A few weeks later she told him about the Muggle man named Roger Forrestal. His father was indeed the earl of the Royal Forrestal family in Whales, and he was indeed very rich.

~You need a friend~
~I’ll be around~


Harry envied Roger. It was only fate that when he had finally noticed Ginny Weasley that she would be with someone else.

~Don’t let this end~
~Before I see you again~


Roger didn’t know a thing about Ginny’s life, only that she was a “nurse” in a very “private hospital.”

But then Ginny had said that she was in love with Roger.

~What can I say to convince you to change your mind~
~Of me?~


It was then that Harry’s love and desires had turned into a muddled haze of confusion and hurt. And it was then that he had pinned her against the wall in the kitchen of his home and kissed her senseless.

She hadn’t resisted him, only moan and open her mouth to him, letting him taste and explore her mouth until and more. He let every frustrating, confusing, lovely and scary feeling fall into this kiss -- into her. It was only when he broke away to catch his breath did she push him away.

He stared at her blankly for a moment, their breathing ragged and rapid. The words tumbled out of Harry’s mouth before he could stop them.

“Ginny, I love you.”

She gasped and her hand flew to her mouth. She touched her lips, and he watched shame flash her features. “Oh Harry, I . . .”

“I’ve loved you for so long now, Ginny,” Harry said, stepping closer to her. “Before I was even with Susan I loved you. I --”

She held up a hand and shook her head. “Please, Harry -- d-don’t do this to me now.”

“I love you,” Harry said. “It’s my fault that this happened -- if I had said something before . . . it doesn’t matter. . . . Ginny, do you love me?”

Tears filled her eyes. “Don’t do this, Harry.”

“It’s a yes or no,” Harry whispered.

~I’m gonna love you more than anyone~
~I’m gonna hold you closer than before~
~And when I kiss your soul, your boy’ll be free~


But she was running away, so here Harry stood, watching her throw her things into the luggage.

“Where is he taking you?” he asked.

“Germany,” Ginny answered. “But he wants to go by train to see the country side first -- out to Canterbury.”

Harry stood against the door frame, the anger building more fiercely in his chest. Roger didn’t even know her.

Ginny looked up at him. “H-Harry . . . don’t be this way. . . He loves me --”

~Look in my eyes, what do you see?~
~Not just the color, look inside of me~


“But you don’t love him,” Harry said.

“Stop it!” Ginny shut the suitcase with a snap. “I’ll leave it up to you to let my family know as well,” she added, brushing past him.

“Oh so, you’re running away from them as well?” Harry fumed. “Look, I know I was stupid about things before, Gin, I --”

“Goodbye, Harry,” Ginny said, Apparating away with a small crack!

Harry fumed, slamming the door as he stormed down the stairs and into his kitchen.

He poured himself a shot of Firewhiskey and quickly gulped it down, pouring another. He didn’t even jump when Ron Apparated into the kitchen.

“Harry, mate, where’s Gin?”

“She’s gone,” Harry said, pouring himself another drink.

“Gone where?”

“Met someone,” Harry said after gulping his shot. “She’s running off to Germany. . . Some rich, snotty Muggle bloke.”

“Are you serious?” Ron gasped. “And she didn’t even tell her family? Much less say goodbye?”

“No, she informed me that was my job,” Harry grunted.

Ron stared at his friend for a moment. “And you let her leave like that?” he said after a moments pause. “You let her leave without telling her how you feel or anything?”

“She knows how I feel . . . but that’s not stopping her.”

~Tell me all you need~
~And I’ll try~
~I will try~


“Dammit, Harry, you really are thick, aren’t you?!” Ron sank into a chair beside him. “Why’d you let her go?”

“Because she wanted to leave, obviously,” Harry said. “She said she loved him. . . She’s gone.”

“She doesn’t love him,” Ron said. “I bet she barely knows him. . . . It’s just . . . . you’re both being cowards.”

Chink -- crash!

“A coward, am I?” Harry said as the liquid of his bottle seeped over the broken glass and across the floor. “I told her how I felt. I told her everything! She --”

“Loves you,” Ron said wisely. What was he now, some sort of psychiatrist? “But she’s terrified. . . And if you truly believe in what you feel for her, then and now, you’d still be fighting for her. . . You wouldn’t be here, sulking over some stupid glass of Firewhiskey that can be used so much more wisely.”

Harry’s mouth fell open. For a moment, he stared, then relaxed, a slight grin on his face. “Where did that come from?”

“Hermione taught me a thing or two,” Ron grinned. “I guess you can say my emotional range has grown from a size of a teaspoon. . . But you have to get going -- you’ve gotta catch her before she leaves --”

Harry was only half listening before he Apparated with a pop into, thankfully, a dark space of Kings Cross Station. He stopped amongst the vast, bustling crowd, searching frantically for that familiar head of red, praying that he’d get to her before she left.

But when he did not spot her, ran as fast as he could (within the crowd, which was more like jogging), to the nearest information booth, skipping ahead of the long line.

“Hey, pal,” a large man with an American accent said, “I was here first -- I’ve been waiting for fifteen minutes.”

“I’m sorry,” Harry said, panting.

He turned to the large woman behind the glass. Like the man behind her, she looked very irritated. “Sir, you can’t just --”

“I’m sorry,” Harry repeated. “I just need to know the platform of the train leaving for Canterbury --”

“You’re going to have to wait, just like the rest,” the woman snapped. “Now, please, move to the back of the line --”

“Please!” Harry begged. “Please . . .” he said more calmly. “All you have to tell is where the platform is.”

The woman hesitated, but then realizing she had no other choice and this was the only way to get rid of him, answered: “Platform six, on the right side.”

“Thank you!” Harry said before he was off, hurrying to said platform. His heart was beating a million miles a minute, rested somewhere in his throat now. He prayed she was still there -- he didn’t know what he’d do if she wasn’t . . .

~I’m gonna love you more than anyone~
~I’m gonna hold you closer than before~
~And when I kiss your soul, your body’ll be free~
~I’ll be free for you anytime~


“Hey!” ; a guard yelled at him as he ran past. “Slow down, or you’re out of here!”

Harry kept running, barely noticing the mans words.

He saw the large sign for platform six, and within a few moments spotted her amongst the crowd. Roger was standing in front of her, smiling down at her.

“Ginny!” Harry yelled.

She gave a start and whirled about, anger flashing her features. “Harry, what’re you doing?”

“G-Ginny, I love you,” Harry said.

Roger glared, not giving Ginny enough time to answer. “Who is this guy?”

“I live with him,” Ginny said, leveling her gaze with Harry’s. “Lived with him,” she corrected herself. She turned to Roger. “Go on -- I’ll meet you on the train.”

When Roger had gone (though reluctantly), Ginny turned her bright eyes on Harry, glaring. “Harry, you can’t just --”

“Hear me out, Gin,” Harry said, taking her hand. “I love you . . . I have for a long time. I don’t know that guy -- I could care less who he is, rich or not. . . He can take you down to Canterbury, on a boat to Italy, on a plane to France and on another train to Germany, but he’ll never love you like I do. He’ll never know you like I do.”

She gaped.

~Free for you whenever you need~
~We’ll be free together, baby~


“He’ll never see you like I do,” Harry rested a hand on her soft cheek. “His heart won’t stop every time you smile at him. He’ll never feel the way I do when you laugh. He’ll never notice every quirk, he’ll won’t laugh at every joke you make like I do. . . He’ll never know that you hate coconuts or that chocolate is your favorite food above anything else. . . He will never know the Ginny Weasley that I have come to know and love. . .”

Tears filled her eyes and poured over onto his fingers. “Harry. . .”

~Free together, baby~


“He’ll never be sure of something like this. He’ll never realize that he wants to spend the rest of his life with Ginny Weasley and have a bunch of redheaded kids running about with their mother’s smile and their dad’s eyes . . .” his voice broke off, and unable to contain these feelings any longer, Harry kissed her a kiss soft, tender and true.

She stilled at his touch, but then leaned up into the kiss, deepening it, burying her fingers in his hair. He held her close and tight against his body, knowing now that things would be okay, and everything was okay again.

~I’m gonna love you more than anyone~
~I’m gonna hold you closer than before~
~And when I kiss your soul your body’ll be free~
~I’ll be free for you anytime~


When she drew away, she smiled a little and hit him on the chest, firmly but playfully. “You are a stupid, idiotic . . . wonderful, romantic prat.”

~I’m gonna love you more than anyone~


Harry chuckled, grasping her fingers as she drew her hand back. “I know. Well -- the stupid idiotic part.”

“Ginny?”

They both turned about to see Roger, a frown on his perfect face.

“Oh Roger . . .” she said.

Harry grimaced. He’d forgotten about the current boyfriend.

Ginny paused as she took a deep breath, her eyes closed. She wiped away the rest of her tears and met his gaze. “I can’t do this. . .”

Roger looked crestfallen, and Harry’s grimace disappeared. He could help but feel a pang in his stomach for the man.

“C-can’t . . . why?” Roger spluttered.

“You barely know me,” Ginny said gently. “All you know is that I’m a nurse in sort of private hospital that you’ve never seen or heard of before. . . I haven’t been completely up front with you this whole time. . . . I’m sorry, but I can’t go with you. . . It would be a huge mistake, and I . . .”

Roger shook his head. He definitely looked hurt. “I-it’s fine,” he lied. He was gone onto the train, and Harry had thought he was gone for good, but then he emerged with Ginny’s suitcase and ticket.

“It’s an open ticket if you change your mind,” he said, casting a look at Harry.

“I don’t think she’ll be doing that anytime soon,” Harry responded, standing up straight. His sympathy for the man had more than disappeared.

“Goodbye, Ginny,” Roger said, choosing not to respond to Harry.

“’Bye, Roger,” Ginny kissed his cheek, and the he was gone.

She turned to Harry, her face completely blank. “So Mr. Potter, talk first and snog
later?”

“Sounds like a plan to me,” Harry said, holding his hand out to her.

She smiled.

~I’m gonna love you more than anyone~

Fin
Reviews 11
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear