Search:

SIYE Time:16:07 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Bend and Break
By Ginny_Potter_89

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Angst, Fluff, Drama, Songfic
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 10
Summary: The day comes for Harry, Ron and Hermione to leave to find the remaining Horcruxes -- but will Ginny let Harry go without telling him what she's wanted to tell him all along? Bitterfluff.
Hitcount: Story Total: 3568







ChapterPrinter


Disclaimer: I do not own any of J.K. Rowlings characters or material -- just the plot. Nor do I own any of Keene's songs.

Bend and Break



Ginny squinted into the sun. It was about an hour and a half until they would depart. Ron, Hermione, Fred, George, Percy and Harry.

Fred, George and Percy (who had finally turned over a new leaf), were the trio’s guard. Bill had wanted to go, but he was still too weak to make such a trip, Charlie wanted to go as well, but his mother needed him here. Remus had to go back to living with Greyback, and McGonagall needed all the help she could get to regroup the Order.

~When you, when you forget your name~
~When old faces all look the same~


Ginny tried her hardest not to cry when she heard the news that Harry wasn’t going to return with her to Hogwarts. Same with her closest brother and one of her best friends -- but they all knew this was the best. They would try to return when they found those Horcruxes -- but it might take weeks -- even months. It took Dumbledore years, didn’t it?

~Meet me in the morning when you wake up~
~Meet me in the morning then you’ll wake up~


Harry had been avoiding her since he arrived on his birthday. The only words he said to her were a mumbled “Hello,” and a “Thanks, Gin,” when he’d received his present. Otherwise he’d hidden.

There had been more attacks as well. More mysterious Muggle deaths, students families killed, even more workers at the Ministry.

“Ginny, dear, come inside!” her father called.

“I will in a minute, Dad!” Ginny called back, standing up and retreating farther into the garden.

~If only I don’t bend and break~
~I’ll meet you on the other side~
~I’ll meet you in the light~


She rubbed her forehead as she leaned against the nearest tree. What if she lost one of her brother’s? What if she lost Hermione, or for that matter Harry?

“Ginny.”

She whirled about to see the very boy that haunted her thoughts and dreams more than anyone. The very boy she had loved since she was a little girl.

“Hi,” she said, putting on a grin. “What’re you doing?”

He stuffed his hands in his pockets. “I--I needed to talk.”

“’Bout what?” Ginny asked, fiddling with the hem of her old T-shirt. “I thought you would be inside enjoying lunch before you had to go.”

~If only I don’t suffocate~
~I’ll meet you in the morning when you wake~


He shook his head. “Why aren’t you inside?”

“I don’t feel good,” she lied, picking a dandelion from the grass.

“Ginny, I know you’re upset after the --”

“Upset?” she asked, sitting on the grass. “Why would I be upset?”

“I mean, I can understand,” Harry went on brokenly, “but it just isn’t safe. You might not understand now --”

“What makes you think I don’t understand?” Ginny asked, throwing the dandelion. “I understand perfectly. . . Perhaps it just better. . .”

~Lovesick, bitter and hardened heart~
~Aching, waiting for life to start~


He sank down next to her. “I . . . I hate it.”

“Of course you do,” Ginny said. “Nothing’ll ever be the same -- and you won’t be able to return to Hogwarts, and --”

“I don’t care about that,” he quietly countered her. “I hate that I have to leave here, and that
I . . . I have to leave you.”

He wouldn’t look at her.

“I just want to stay here and everything to be back to normal, or at least like it was when we were going out last year. . . You -- you kept me sane, pretty much.”

Ginny smiled slightly.

~Meet me in the morning when you wake up~
~Meet me in the morning then you’ll wake up~


“Were you mad?”

He was looking at her now.

“Mad at what?”

“When I left that night that Dumbledore died and I didn’t say goodbye or anything?”

“Yes,” she answered truthfully. “I was scared out of my mind, Harry.” She reached over and took his hand.

“I know,” he said, squeezing her fingers.

~If only I don’t bend and break~


“Why do you do this, Harry?”

“Because it’s unsafe.”

“And did you happen to forget that my while family is involved with the Order -- and that the Weasley’s are targets anyway because of our ‘disgracefulness?’”

“But your Dad and the Order will protect you while your here,” Harry said. “You’ll be safer here than out there.”

“And what about my brother? What about Hermione? What makes them any different? You
don’t think I can hold my own?”

“I don’t doubt that for a second,” Harry said calmly. “But if anything happened to you while you were out there I don’t know what I’d --”

“Anything can happen to me while I’m here as well!” Ginny said, color rising on her cheeks. “The Death Eater’s are hunting us down, they got into Hogwarts -- but I can hold my own -- I knocked out four of them when they got into the castle --”

“Please, Gin,” he pleaded as she yanked her hand from his. “It’s safer here -- it’s really dangerous out there --”

“You don’t get it, do you?” she said. “I’ve been head over heels in love with you for six years. I’d follow you anywhere and do anything for you. . . What I told you at the funeral wasn’t a lie. . . I’ve waited forever for you, and I’m not leaving your side. . . I don’t care how stupid you are or how much you deny it or how much you push me away, it will never change.”

~I’ll meet you on the other side~
~I’ll meet you in the light~


His breathing was quick and shallow, his face pale and shocked.

“Never,” she said before she leaned in and kissed him.

He gasped against her mouth, but did not pull away. Indeed he clutched her closer, deepening the kiss. His fingers were buried in her hair, making her moan slightly. They drew away when the need for air became to insistent, and he buried his face in her red locks.

“I don’t mean to scare you,” she whispered. “That’s the last thing you need. . .”

He shook his head. “Don’t take it back, ever . . .” he said. “Promise me you’ll tell me in every letter, and think it every morning when you wake up and every night when you go to sleep. . .”

“And I’ll say it a hundred times when you come back,” Ginny said, drawing away with her hands on his neck.

~If only I don’t suffocate~


Harry nodded.

“I love you,” she whispered before kissing him again.

~I’ll meet you in the morning when you wake~



~Fin~
Reviews 10
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear