Search:

SIYE Time:14:48 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


His Regrets
By Metamorphmagus

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Rating: PG
Reviews: 2
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2005 ***

Harry recieves a letter after a miserable week at number four Privet Drive.
Hitcount: Story Total: 2607







ChapterPrinter


Disclaimer: I wish I did but I don't own Harry Ginny Ron Hermione etc. You know the basic disclaimer

His Regrets
Chapter 1 The letter

Harry lay sprawled across his bed staring at the plaster shapes on his ceiling, his mind teeming with the memories of the last week. He had returned to the Dursley's for the summer for the last time. He would leave for the wedding from #4 privet drive for the last time never to return.

He lay there silently hoping he could wake up in his dormitory and someone tell him it was all a dream that Dumbledore was still alive and such. He thought regretfully that this would never happen Dumbledore was gone from his life and so was Ginny. He closed his eyes having the past week flash before his eyes. Going to the cave with Dumbledore, the battle in the tower, Snape being a murderer, the fake horcrux, the funeral, and finally his decision about Ginny. Out of the past week, the thing he disliked the most was his decision about Ginny.

An insistent tapping at the window glass disrupted his thoughts and recollections. Harry rolled over stuck his feet out over the side of his bed and stood up he walked over to the window stubbing a toe on one of his books as he went not being able to see in his darkened room. As he walked to the window, he saw Pig fluttering excitedly around the window frame.

Harry automatically thought Ron as he opened the window to let Pig in. Harry was surprised to see not Ron’s handwriting on the envelope but a girl’s. Harry then realized that Ginny must have sent Pig with the letter. Harry carefully opened the letter not wanting to read it, in case she was mad at him. While fighting a mental war Harry decided to read it. It wasn’t as if he could go to Dudley and say, “Read this and tell me if she’s mad at me.” Dudley would laugh at Harry for the rest of his time there. Harry then realized that it could be Fleur sending him a wedding invitation it wasn’t likely though. Fleur had her own owl. Harry had seen the stately owl last summer her name was Chandelle.

Harry unfolded the letter gingerly as though it was going to explode and burst into flames at any moment. He slowly began to read the letter, which read;

Harry,
I know you might have been expecting Ron considering the fact that I’ll have to use Pig. Errol and Chandelle are delivering wedding invitations right now, but it’s not as if I’d want to use Chandelle anyway. Gabrielle arrived yesterday I can tell already that she is going to be as much as a challenge to get along with as Phlegm. If you think of any names for Gabrielle do tell. Mum has made an effort to get us to stop calling her names but it’s a habit now. You should be getting a wedding announcement from her soon. The wedding’s next week. Dad said he could come and get you earlier if you wanted though. I hope the muggles have been treating you right.

You probably expected me to go into a rant about how terrible you are and such, but I’m not going to. I still stand by what I said before. I don’t care if Voldemort’s after you. I’ll actually add to that, I wouldn’t care if all the dark wizards in the wizarding world’s history were after you wouldn’t have to break up with me to protect me. I don’t care!

Love in loads,
Ginny

P.S. If you’re wondering why Ron hasn’t written Hermione “found him” if you get my drift. I think it’s about time too. What about you?

Harry re-read the letter several times to let the entire letter sink in. Ginny wasn’t mad at him. He could say sorry and she wouldn’t be mad at him! He was ecstatic. He decided before he did anything else he should write a reply to the letter Ginny had sent him.


Ginny,
I ‘m really sorry about after funereal (you know exactly what I mean). I really regret it now. I want to change everything now. Tell your Dad he’s welcome to come and pick me up as I’m still not able to apparate alone yet. Just warn me before he comes otherwise the Dursley’s might blow up (not like aunt Marge, but in attitude). As for the names of Gabrielle the only thing that I can think of is Gabby that sounds more like a regular name, so no idea.

About Ron and Hermione it is about time. They have fancied each other for how long? I think it’s been since about fourth year that it’s been obvious. It might have been before that . You would probably have to ask them though. They would probably deny everything about it . They are known to do things like that aren’t they? I’m just glad that they did finally see each other though. It has taken so much time. I was starting to give up on them, but I guess I didn’t need to even hope.

Love,
Harry

P.S. Tell Bill and Fleur congratulations from me.

Harry folded the piece of parchment carefully into thirds and sealed it he tied it onto Pig’s leg. Harry carried Pig to the window opened it and watched Pig fly into the brightening horizon. Harry climbed back into bed and pulled the sheets over his head trying to fall asleep. He couldn’t fall asleep no matter how hard he tried, he was tired from staying up all night but still couldn’t sleep.

After about two hours he finally gave up threw the sheets over his head , swung his legs over the side of the bed, and started pacing around the cold floor, that wasn’t covered in old newspapers or dirty clothes. He was unaware of the sun now risen beyond the horizon, the sky tinged pink. He resumed his post underneath the sheets after about three minutes of pacing. He was incredibly tired from not sleeping the night before and then not sleeping tonight but he was far from asleep. His mind still full to bursting along with the weight of this last letter. Harry thought he could use a Pensieve. That brought back the thought that Dumbledore really was dead. Harry was miserable anything he thought of brought back the last week’s memory.

He needed to talk to someone. Someone like Ron or Hermione, but Ron and Hermione were too busy as Ginny had said in the letter. Then it hit him the only person that was even relatively close to his age besides Gabrielle was Ginny. Harry wasn’t ready to talk to Ginny yet not in person anyway. Harry knew he had to do it. If he didn’t he would be like this the rest of the summer, miserable and unable to sleep.
Reviews 2
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear