Search:

SIYE Time:22:29 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Past, Present and Future
By Spellcaster

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Other, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 8
Summary: Harry sat at his desk blankly staring at the parchments spread out in front of him; the quill in his hand all but forgotten. More and more lately he found himself thinking of the past; remembering the events in his life that brought him here.
Hitcount: Story Total: 4142







ChapterPrinter


These characters are not mine, though I wish they were. Thank You JKR



Harry sat at his desk blankly staring at the parchments spread out in front of him; the quill in his hand all but forgotten. He seemed to be doing this a lot lately. He would sit down; resolute on completing his work but within minutes his mind would begin to wander. More and more he found himself thinking of the past; remembering the events in his life that brought him here.

Knowing he wouldn’t get any of his work done in his present mood Harry pushed himself back from the desk and stood up. Maybe a walk was called for; sometimes they would clear his head from the cobwebs forming there. He was just about to grab his cloak when the picture caught his eye again.

Harry walked over to the fireplace across from his desk and removed the picture from the mantle. He found himself drawn to staring at this picture more and more lately. It was his favorite and he couldn’t help but smile when he looked at it. Ginny stood there in the picture frame looking as beautiful as ever continually smiling and waving at him and then playfully sticking out her tongue. She had tried to talk him into taking a different picture of her but he had insisted on this one.

He stood there daydreaming until he was pulled out of his trance by a knock at his door.

“Come in.” he called

The door opened and a young girl tentatively stepped into the room. “Professor?”

“Yes?” Harry turned to face the girl “Its Katie isn’t it?”

“Yes, um, Professor Hagrid wanted me to tell you that he was able to get the Grindylow you requested.”

“Thank you Katie, you can tell Professor Hagrid I will be down to retrieve it later. I’ll see you in class on Thursday but I’ll ask you to keep the Grindylow a secret; it’s supposed to be a surprise for everyone.”

“Sure Professor, you can count on me!”

As the door closed behind her Harry had to laugh to himself. ‘Professor’ even after all this time it still sounded foreign to his ears. When McGonagall had approached him two and a half years ago about becoming the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher he had laughed at the prospect; after all hadn’t he been the reason for at least four of the positions previous vacancies. He had tried to decline gratefully but McGonagall had insisted; she had told him she felt there was no better wizard for the job. In all reality she had not given him much of a choice so in the end he had accepted. Teaching had never been a consideration for his future, but now that he was he couldn’t picture doing anything else.

Harry looked back at the pile of parchments on his desk; he really should finish correcting those papers. Grading papers was his least favorite part of teaching so very rarely did he assign written work. He much preferred teaching practical lessons, as did his students. On the rare occasion like this that he did assign written work he found grading them tedious at best.

Checking his watch he found he had over two hours before his next class started. Maybe a walk was called for after all, the papers could wait until later.

Harry walked back over to his desk and took out an old and very worn piece of parchment.

“I solemnly swear I am up to no good.” The lines on the Marauders Map began to spread out on the parchment before him.

Harry knew where his walk would take him, it was the same place his walks always took him and he wanted to make sure when he got there he would be alone. He checked the map carefully and confirmed that no one was near his destination before wiping it clear and placing it back in his desk.

Grabbing his cloak and cane he headed out of his office. He didn’t like having to still use the cane but on cool days like this his old injuries still bothered him. As he walked he let his mind wander; his feet would know where they were going without being told.

He still couldn’t believe at times that he was back at Hogwarts. After all the events of his sixth year he had never expected to see this school again. He had made up his mind that day at Dumbledore’s funeral that he wouldn’t be back for his final term. The time had come to chase his destiny and he had held fast to that determination.

Ron and Hermione had insisted on aiding him on his quest and in reality he was grateful for their companionship. It had taken them nearly three years to track down and destroy all of the remaining horcruxes; the whole time Voldemort and his Death Eaters grew stronger.

He remembered lying awake at night, usually in some run down muggle motel with Ron and Hermione sleeping together near him. He would dream of the weeks he had spent with Ginny as a couple. Those memories were his rock; they were what kept his mind steady on the task at hand. He prayed every night to the dark that when the war was over she would still be there for him. He was no longer fighting this war for himself; he was fighting it for her.

Harry pulled himself out of the memory as a group of students ran noisily past. His feet had kept him true to course and he was nearly at his destination, as he knew he would be. He rounded the final corner and found himself standing at the base of the stairs leading to the Astronomy Tower. He smiled as he began his ascent to the top of the tower; the climb was not as easy as it once had been but he always managed nonetheless.

Once at the top Harry closed his eyes and let the cool breeze carry him away again. This was his favorite spot in all of the castle and surrounding grounds. He had first found his way back up here on the day he had agreed to accept the position. He had taken a walk much like today and again found himself at the entrance to the tower. Since that day he came here often; this was his special place.

He had brought Ginny here on one of their first evenings as a couple. It had been a beautiful clear evening and well past their curfew. He had hidden them both under his invisibility cloak and snuck up to the top of the tower. They had sat here for hours staring into one another’s eyes and stealing kisses as the heavens played out there never-ending lives above them. That was the night his feelings for her had begun to change; that was the night he had known that his feelings for her were more than a childhood crush.

His memories flashed from that blissful evening to the evening of the final battle. The three of them had found themselves standing in the middle of a circle of Death Eaters facing down Voldemort. He had been in that position before and survived and this time he had a surprise for Tom.

With Ron and Hermione at his back Harry had emptied his knapsack at Voldemort's feet. The empty shells of the objects that had carried the pieces of his soul spread out for him to witness. It had taken Voldemort mere moments to recognize what he was looking at; when the realization hit him Harry could see real fear in his eyes.

Voldemort had called his Death Eaters to his aide and the battle had begun. The three had been fighting a losing battle when to their surprise members of the Order had shown up. In the end Harry had faced Voldemort alone. Harry recalled being mocked as Voldemort rained curse after curse down upon him; it had taken every ounce of strength he had to continue fighting. He had been lying on the ground all but beaten when the image of Ginny came to him; he could not die here like this knowing she would not be safe. So he had focused on that image, his love for her consuming every last bit of his soul, and launched one last curse towards Voldemort; the killing curse.

It was late in the evening when He had waked to find Ginny sleeping in a chair next to him. I took him a moment to realize where he was; he was in a bed in the healing ward of St. Mungo’s. He had reached for his glasses and knocked over a glass sitting on the bedside table. The noise had startled her and she had opened her eyes to find him staring at her. She instantly began to cry.

It wasn’t until after everyone had been informed that he had come around that he had been told what had happened.

When Voldemort’s followers had seen their master fall they had fled. He had been found lying next to Voldemort’s dead body mere inches from death himself and had been brought to St. Mungo’s. The Healers had told everyone that his chances of surviving were grim and that they had never seen anyone survive the severity of the beating he had taken. He had spent the next five weeks lying there unconscious during which time, he was told, Ginny had never left his side.

He had been released into the care of Mrs. Weasley a week after he had woken and had returned with the entire family to the Burrow to recover. During the next year and a half he and Ginny were inseparable. She had made it her personal agenda to make sure Harry fully recovered and he had gratefully let her take care of him.

Their love for each other had evolved into something wonderful over that time. Then two years ago, shortly after he had accepted the teaching position, he had brought her here to the top of the Astronomy Tower. It had been a night much like the first night they had spent there together although he was more scared then he had even been in his life. He had surprised her with a picnic basket of fresh strawberries and wine to celebrate the evening. They had danced under the stars to music only they could hear and when Harry had gotten down on one knee she had cried. He had proposed to her with his mother’s engagement ring and she had said yes with a passionate kiss.

The sound of a crow cawing pulled Harry from his memories. He checked his watch to see he still had thirty minutes until his next class started, plenty of time to get back to his office and get what he needed.

Harry made his way back down the stone staircase and headed for his office. As he rounded a corner he was nearly knocked over by the lumbering form of Hagrid.

“Harry! Thank the gods I finally found yeh! We’ve all been lookin’ fer yeh for over an hour, wher’ve yeh been?”

“Whoa Hagrid, slow down, I’ve just been out… thinking. What’s the problem, why is everyone looking for me?”

“It’s Ginny. She’s been taken to St. Mungo’s. Molly contacted Professor McGonagall when she couldn’t get yeh in yer office. She says yeh need to get there right a way.”

“Thanks Hagrid!” with that Harry rushed back to his office as quick as he could. Once there he hurried to the fireplace where he grabbed a handful of Floo powder out of the pot on the mantel and threw it into the flames. As the green flames erupted from the fireplace he shouted “St Mungo’s” and quickly stepped in.

Harry soon found himself standing in a small room off of the main waiting room at St Mungo’s. He made his way into the waiting room where the crying form of Mrs. Weasley immediately greeted him.

“Thank Merlin Harry, you’re finally here. We were all so worried when no one could find you.”

“How’s Ginny Mum?”

“We don’t know yet, the Healers are with her now. They should hopefully be out soon to tell us how she is.”

“Thanks. I’m sorry I worried everyone, I was just out for a walk… thinking.”

Harry looked around the waiting room; everyone was already there. Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, Bill and Fleur, Charlie, Fred, George, Ron and Hermione were all seated around the room. He walked over and sat next to Ron and Hermione.

“Hey mate. Hey ‘Mione.”

“Harry, where were you?” asked Hermione

“I was just out for a walk, you know, thinking.”

“Yeah, we know the type; one of those famous Harry Potter walks no doubt.” Laughed Ron “I swear you could get lost for days on one of those.”

“Yeah, I guess I could.” They could see the worry on his face.

“She’ll be just fine you know. The Healers here are the best in the world.”

“Thanks Hermione.” She had always had a way of being able to make him feel better.

Harry looked up as a Healer entered the room.

“Harry Potter?” The healer asked

“Yes? How is she?”

The whole family had gotten to their feet and had gathered around “Ginny’s resting comfortably now. It had been touch and go there for a couple of minutes but she’s just fine. You can go see her now but only one at a time.”

“You go Harry; we’ll wait for you to come out.” Said Mrs. Weasley

Harry followed the Healer back through the different wards to Ginny’s room. He stopped in front her closed door and took a steadying breath; ‘Ok’ he thought ‘I’m ready for this’ and opened the door.

Harry just stood there staring at his wife; the tears began to run down his cheeks before he even had time to say a word.

“It’s about time you got here Mr. Potter. I thought you had forgotten about us.” Ginny said playfully “Well, get over here then, there’s someone I’d like you to meet.”

Harry walked over to his wife and sat down on the bed next to her.

“Here, take her.” Ginny gently handed him the newborn baby she was holding.

“Harry, I would like you to meet your daughter… Lily.”

Harry was speechless. He leaned over and kissed Ginny and looked back at his new daughter through his tears.

“Hello little one, I’m you daddy.” He whispered to his new daughter

Ginny placed her arm around Harry and rested her head on his shoulder. “I love you.” She said softly

“I love you too!” Harry whispered back “Thank you.”

He had spent his day reminiscing over the past and now here he sat holding his future in his arms. A future he had never thought possible, a future that He and Ginny had made together.

Reviews 8
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear