Search:

SIYE Time:11:11 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Leaving The Past Behind
By Prince Jeteon Evans

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Other, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood, Neville Longbottom, Ron Weasley
Genres: Angst, Fluff, Tragedy, Drama
Warnings: Death
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 2
Summary: There's things that exist beyond the realm of Magic... things very few know of, but many have experienced. And with it is the key of the unravelling of all lives, the power to brings those together to fight, and banishment of ignorance. Some think they know of it, but only to nuaght, for it can not be summed up in words. But there is a word, a restricting one, but one nevertheless. And that word is love.
Hitcount: Story Total: 3609







ChapterPrinter


His emerald eyes sparkled in her mind, reflecting light that didn't exist. His hair stuck out at impossible angles, jet black and swept over his eyes. He was always smiling, hiding his pain, but all she saw was the smile, keeping her going. He seemed so much like one she'd known. And she watched in her mind as his hair turned short and brown, his eyes amber. She'd had her own share of tough life, and she could relate to him well. Loved ones lost, never to return. She remembered hers well, too well, burnt into her mind.

As she walked along the road, Darien ran up to her, his loose shirt billowing out behind him.
"Gin, wait up!" She did, turning around into his face. His sandy, short-cropped hair reflected the bright sunlight, his face coming mere inches from hers. At thirteen, he was finally growling up and filling out. "Guess what?" Ginny smiled.
"What?"
"Well," He grinned foolishly, and paused, "Well, you're still as beautiful as ever..."
Ginny looked at him, mocking him. "Prove it." He swept her into his arms and kissed her gently, lovingly.
He set her down and asked, "Does that prove it?" And he turned around to walk across the street, leaving her to follow him. But before she could, she was forced to watch in horror as his body seemed to grapple with a full blown carrier truck, she heard his body slide over the top, and never knew any more, for at that moment, before she could go to him, someone picked her up and whisked he away. She woke up the next morning in her bed after a sleepless rest, only to learn that her eyes had been the only witnesses to see the truth.

She dropped her quill, watching as the tip hit the paper, leaving ink marks along the page. She neglected to remove the marks, instead let her thoughts and memories fly. Darien and her... they'd been together for a year only, when she was 10. He had died weeks before she departed to Hogwarts, when she'd already known of Harry. Now she thought that the only reason she'd fancied Harry then was because they were so alike; modest, heroic, strong-spirited. But now... he just wouldn't leave her alone. He was stuck in her head, haunting her. She had a fine life right now. A healer at St. Mungos, she was unbelievably talented. She had a flat mere miles from Diagon Alley. But her heart still ached for someone to hold her, love her, be with her, forever. But when ever she thought about it, he came up. The Boy Who Lived.
He was a seeker. Famous. All over the Daily Prophet, recently bought by Ron & Luna Weasley. Hundreds of women after him, screaming his name, hoping they would be the one to fall into his arms.
Hermione? Recently a Longbottom.
The D.A.? Completely disbanded, but recently, many head come together as an emergency defense group, with, surprisingly, Neville and Hermione at their head. It was good too, because recently, a gang had popped up, and, unlike Muggle gangs, they were unbelievably dangerous.
Where was she? What a fool she was. Idiotic. She had seen no one for months, years even. Some wanted her life, but what was it without... without anyone to share it with?
Why?
Who knew. She had no reason to enter herself and once more traverse the maze of her mind for answers. The last time had been a disaster, ending with her in tears, on the edge of insanity. Some one had once said that before doing something, you had a small will for it, or against it. Doing it either strengthened that mental strength, or broke it completely. She knew what would happen.
She started as the door bell chimed throughout her small home. She pushed back her chair, carefull, as to not scratch the floor, and walked to the door. When she got there, she neglected to open it, her hand hovering over the small knob. Who would be coming for her? She had no real friends anymore. Even the other healers, who pretended to be nice to her, were really no good.
She knew what the said behind her back. "That poor Ginny Weasley." or "What a sad little girl." She scowled in her mind.
Finally, she twisted the door knob and yanked it open.
"Damn it Ginny, what is wrong with opening the door before I wrinkle up and die on your doorstop?"

Hermione sipped her tea quietly, watching Ginny thoughtfully. Ginny, in the meantime, was grappling with the simple fact of who had only minutes ago showed up at her door.
"Hermione..." She smiled softly, and put her cup down.
"Ginny, Ginny, Ginny. Where have you been?" Hermione sighed softly, locking her eyes with Ginny.
The held each others eyes for a moment, until Ginny broke her haze and looked away. Already, she coud feel tears well up in her blinked eyes. She them back until they felt like a torrent being held back by her eyelids. Hermione got up, and Ginny rushed gladly into the older women's arms, sobbing openly on her shoulder.
"Welcome back," Hermione muttered softly. Ginny sniffed.
"It's... it's great to be back."

Hermione had taken Ginny to the Burrow, where everyone had gathered, except for Harry, seeing as the final match of this year's tourney had come. He had sent his regards. But everyone else had come. Everyone from the original Quidditch team, the D.A., even Cho and Marietta Edgecomb, Ron, and his brothers. Everyone had jumped over her instantly. She had not even been in touch with family.
"Ginny, where have you been?" Ginny shrugged.
"How's healer school?" She scowled at George.
"How's life?" She sneered at Fred.
"Now how many boys do you have on the run?" And she went chasing after Ron.
Meanwhile, an unexpected visitor watched from the door happily. He had let the sub take over his post. Hermione walked over, two glasses of ripe, orange pumpkin juice in hand.
"So, what do you think now Harry?"
He paused, his green eyes turned upward in thought. Finally, he looked Herimone straight in the eye and answered, "I think she hasn't changed one bit." And they both laughed quitely, their eyes following the bat bogey hex she had just thrown at Ron.

Ginny in the meanwhile clambered after Ron as he rushed to the door, where he stooped. She followed until she was two feet away, in shock. For there, some three feet away, stood Harry Potter, hair swept back dramatically, eyes shining ever brighter. She angled her head down, tears once more swarming her eyes. Two drops fell before she could blink them back. She abruptedly turned around and walked away.

The part progressed into the late evening, when people were getting ready to leave. She had gone upstairs to her old room, all her old things intact, and sat on her bed. In a way, she was happy. Happy to see all her old friends and family again. Happy to be able to laugh genuinely.
She grabbed a picture of her, Harry, Hermione, Neville, Ron and Luna off of the nightstand and cradled it in her hands. All of them mere days after the end of Vlodemort upon the lawn of burrow.
But Harry... Why had he come? She felt like he'd intruded on her. She heard the soft patter of rain on the window, and quiet footsteps upon the stairway. She swept her hair back and saw who other than Harry in the door way.
"Go away!" She said firmly, but he merely walked up and sat down next to her. Her nostirls flared angrily, and she turned to face him. They both stared at eachtoher, until Harry broke away.
"Why are you... why are you keeping away from me?" He asked her sadly. She sneered.
"What do you care?"
"What do I care?" He stood up angrily, and began pacing the hard wood floors. "I care too much is how much I care. I missed the finals to come. You know why?" Before she could answer, he continued. "Because I'm in love with you. There, I said it." He turned to see Ginny crying once again. He swooped down to her and tilted her face toward him. She sniffed, and stopped instantly.
He seemed to inch toward he ever so slowly. Her heart ached, and she closed her eyes. And it ended there. That beautiful kiss. And she never knew whether it was her imagination or reality, she felt as much as saw an image of a smiling, sandy haired Darien disappear, finally at peace.
Reviews 2
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear