Search:

SIYE Time:12:11 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Not A Good Mood
By critmo

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley
Genres: Angst, Humor, Drama
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 14
Summary: A missing moment from HBP: Ginny's thoughts after her fight with Ron.
Hitcount: Story Total: 5854







ChapterPrinter



Ginny Weasley was not in a good mood.

She felt like …. She had never felt like this before. Not during the last two years or so, anyway. She felt mortified to the extreme.

The day had not started badly. On the contrary: there had been Quidditch practice, where she'd had fun playing Chaser beside Dean. She loved flying and she loved …, well, Dean was her boyfriend after all. Afterwards, the two of them had headed off towards an empty corridor - for some "quality time". Everything should have been brilliant. Or at least really good.

Ginny jumped up from her bed and began pacing the dormitory room. It was still early in the evening and she was alone. Her roommates were still downstairs.

Ron and Harry had come across her and Dean, and Ron, that prat, had taken out his frustration at being the worst keeper in Quidditch history on them. They'd had the worst fight ever. Ron had even tried to hex her; only Harry had prevented that.

Harry - messy black hair, his skin even paler than usual, his green eyes burning.

Ginny sat down on her bed, pulled her feet under herself, and sighed.

She and Dean had been caught in a full-on snogging session. But why did it have to be Harry? Why?

Ron had gone into full older brother-mode and had behaved as if it was up to him to run her life. "I don't want to find my own sister snogging people in public!" She had not wanted to snog anybody "in public". Never ever. Not if "in public" meant in front of Harry Potter.

Harry — green eyes ablaze.

She stood up and began randomly opening the drawers of her little nightstand.

There had been something in Harry's eyes. Dean had grinned at Harry, but Harry had shot daggers at Dean.

Ron had called her a scarlet woman. Well, he'd almost done so, and in front of Harry too, and Harry couldn't have mistaken his meaning. After all, Harry had tried to calm the situation, but she had got so mad. She had wanted to really hurt her brother. She had provoked Ron, knowing full well what she was saying. She had been mean. She'd never been so mean to anybody in her life.

Ginny slammed the uppermost drawer when she remembered that she had perused its contents only half a minute ago.

She'd never seen Ron that angry. Not even Hermione had ever managed to affront him so much that he had drawn his wand on her and that was saying something. But Harry had protected Ginny against his best mate.

Harry.

She slumped down on her bed, groaning in despair.

Harry had stepped between them. He had sheltered her against an attack - again: he had killed a basilisk for her; at the Ministry he had shielded her against Bellatrix Lestrange. She still remembered the sharp intake of fear when the insane Death Eater had threatened to torture her and the immense wave of relief as Harry had stepped in front of her.

She walked over to the window. The light outside was failing.

Dean had left her; Harry had not. True, she had sent Dean away. True, it was nice that he trusted her to get along on her own .... But he had seemed quite embarrassed and consequently very relieved to get out of there.

She could only risk a haphazard guess at how embarrassing somebody like Harry, who was so discreet about his own feelings, must have found the situation. But Harry did not even try to avoid the consequences. He had stayed and he had done what had to be done - the story of Harry's life.

Ron, that idiot. Why did he have to get so upset? After all, everybody liked to be desired, everybody liked to have a little fun.

Why was it so bad that Harry had seen them?

Harry.

Ginny resisted the urge to bang her head against the wall.

She wouldn't have minded if Ron and Hermione had walked in on them. She could have laughed off Ron's accusations in Hermione's presence, but not in Harry's. She had even felt the pathetic need to justify herself and to remind Harry that he had done the same thing with Cho Chang last year. She'd almost cried in front of him. Hell, if he let her, Romilda Vane would snog him senseless before he could spell out his last name for her, that little tart ....

Ginny suppressed a sob. Was that what Harry would see in her now? A little tart who was just out for some fun, snogging a different guy each year? - Harry didn't have a new girlfriend. Was he still grieving for Cho? Or had the experience been so off-putting? Or was she just shallow that she didn't mind having a new boyfriend so soon after Michael?

Ginny threw herself on her bed.

She was over Harry, right?

Harry.

No, there was nothing wrong with her. After all, Michael and Cho had been even quicker to find a consoling pair of arms. But Harry had not.

But she was over Harry, so what? It wasn't her fault, after all.

She pummelled her pillow.

But why did he have to see her with Dean? Harry wasn't interested in her, but there had been something in his eyes. Something scaly with claws had erupted there. Was he protective of her because of Ron? Or was it something else?

She let out a bitter laugh.

Oh, yes. That had to be it. After all these years, Harry sees her snogging Dean Thomas and suddenly he discovers that he's fallen incurably in love with her and he would like to jinx her boyfriend into a jelly.

Yeah, fat chance. Harry might have felt protective for Ron's sake, but she didn't need his protection, she was over him, and Dean was her boyfriend.

...

Why had they taken that particular corridor ...?

Ginny Weasley definitely was not in a good mood.



(A/N: Thank you very much to Wolf's Scream and Jenadamson for some seriously quick betaing. This was first published at PS. - I couldn't make head nor tail of Ginny in HBP, and this is my feeble attempt at making sense of her. There will be a sequel to take this train of thought around a decisive bend. Some lines had to be taken from JKR's HBP. She owns everything, BTW. Look at my LJ for some thoughts on HBP. - Thanks for r/r.)
Reviews 14
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear