Search:

SIYE Time:9:23 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Wonderful Tonight
By cloud9

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 8
Summary: It is Ginny and Harry's 50th Anniversary. Inspired by Eric Clapton's song "Wonderful Tonight"
Hitcount: Story Total: 3215







ChapterPrinter


A/.N: The girl in the song is blonde and GInny is not, but I loved this song.

It's late in the evening; she's wondering what clothes to wear.
She puts on her make-up and brushes her long blonde hair.
And then she asks me, "Do I look all right?"
And I say, "Yes, you look wonderful tonight."

We go to a party and everyone turns to see
This beautiful lady that's walking around with me.
And then she asks me, "Do you feel all right?"
And I say, "Yes, I feel wonderful tonight."

I feel wonderful because I see
The love light in your eyes.
And the wonder of it all
Is that you just don't realize how much I love you.

It's time to go home now and I've got an aching head,
So I give her the car keys and she helps me to bed.
And then I tell her, as I turn out the light,
I say, "My darling, you were wonderful tonight.
Oh my darling, you were wonderful tonight."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Ginny, if you don't figure out what you are going to wear then we are going to be late."

Harry Potter was downstairs waiting for his wife of 50 years to figure out what she was going to wear.

He didn't understand how she could be getting ready for 3 hours and still not be ready. At least there was a mystery about her after 50 years.

"Honey, the party is for us, how can it start without us?"

At 70 years old, Ginny always made Harry stop dead in his tracks. She still made him feel like he was 21 when they got married.

But a couple things had changed since they got married those 50 years ago. They had five kids, three boys: Aaron , Jacob and Dillon and two girls (twins): Samantha and Sabrina. And they all had kids now. All of the Weasley's were married and had kids, and lets just say that good thing that the Potter mansion was huge becase it was a circus when they all got together.

"Do I look alright?"

Harry sucked in his breath when he saw Ginny twirl in her dress. It was a simple black dress, but on Ginny it looked magnificent.

"Yes, you look wonderful tonight"

She grinned and gave Harry a kiss on the cheek.

"And don't we look handsome"

Ginny could never understand why out of all the witches in the world, Harry Potter picked her. But she was glad he did.

Harry walked over to Ginny and deeply kissed her. When they pulled apart, Harry handed her a small box.

"Here sweetheart, this is for you...Happy 50th!"

Ginny gasped as she opened the small velvet box, in it was a gorgeous diamond ring.

"Just wanted you to remember the night all year long"

Ginny threw herself at Harry and gave him a big kiss.

"I love it, Darling! Thank you so much. But I thought we were not getting each other anything. I didn't get you anything."

"But sweetheart, everyday is a present. You gave me a life that I never knew. You are my reason for living."

"Oh, Harry....."

They stood in their entry way for a couple minutes just hugging. Then they realized that they had to go.

"Harry, are you sure that I look alright?"

"Yes, you look wonderful tonight"

A couple minutes later when they were walking into the party, everyone turned to stare. Of course Harry and Ginny started to feel self conscious, even if the party was for them.

They started to be surrounded all their friends and family. They were walking around talking to all the people that were there to celebrate their happy day. They were all telling Ginny how beautiful she looked, and the look that Harry was giving her that told everyone that he was thrilled that she was his.

A couple of hours in to the party Ginny found Harry sitting at a table with Ron. She wrapped her arms around him and gave him a kiss on the temple.

"Baby, are you feeling alright?"

"Yes, I feel wonderful tonight"

As she sat down next to Harry and started to talk to ROn, and soon after was joined by Hermione (they were married shortly before Harry and Ginny), Harry loved to see her talk to her friends. When Ginny talked her face lit up and made her eyes sparkled. Harry new that he felt wonderful, because her next to him made him feel wonderful, and he could feel the love that radiated from her to him. It made him feel complete.

As the party started to wind down, and their friends and family started to dwindle down. Harry and Ginny were finally left with their kids and their families. They all sat there and thier oldest son, Aaron, decided that they should give a toast.

"Mum and Dad, here is too you. The great heroes of the war you are, but first and foremost you guys are mum and dad. Thank you for being the best parents that there is. You have let me and others grow into our own human beings, and always let us known that we are loved. You gave us a great example on what true love is, and now celebrating your 50th year, you showed us that love is never easy, but it is always worthwhile. So to you...I hope that the next 50 years are just as worthwhile. To Mum and Dad"

"TO MUM AND DAD"

Ginny sat there with her head on Harry's sholder with tears in her eyes staring around the room at her children and their family, wondering what she did to deserve them, all of them.

Harry gave her a kiss in her hair

"Hey Ginny...do you mind if we head home?

Ginny sat up looking alarmed.

"Why, what is wrong? Are you feeling alright?

"Yeah, I just have a little headache."

Ginny helped Harry to the front of the restaurant, and then helped him apperate back to their house. As they were walking up the stairs Harry looked around and saw all the pictures that were all around the house. Showing how the family had grown. From two to three to four to five and finally seven. There were all these pictures around that showed the love that filled the house.

At the top of the stairs was Harry's favorite picture. It was of Harry and Ginny sharing their first kiss in the common room. Ginny was in her quidditch robes and Harry had just came back from detention. It was a perfect picture, thanks to Colin Creevey. After that Colin became officially the Potter's photographer. Harry looked at Ginny and realized that wherever she is he is home.

As they got ready for bed, Harry loved to watch Ginny braid her hair and clean her face. She did it everyday and it never ceased to amaze him that she never gave up her habits, no matter how tired she was. As she got up and turned off the bathroom light, she saw that Harry was smiling.

"What are you smiling about?"

"Nothing"

Ginny gave Harry a skeptical look and then climbed into bed. She leaned into him and they have their customary kiss. It was a promise that they made 50 years ago on their wedding day, that they would never go to bed without a kiss. Because no matter how angry they were, a kiss will always prove how much they loved each other. It was a promise that they kept everyday.

Harry turned and turned off the light and snuggled in to bed with their arms wrapped around wach other. Harry kissed Ginny on her head and whispered into her hair.

"My Darling, You were wonderful tonight, oh my darling, you were wonderful tonight."

Reviews 8
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear