Search:

SIYE Time:1:30 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


One More Cut
By GinnyFan

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Angst
Warnings: Dark Fiction
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 9
Summary: Ginny is self harming can Harry stop her?
Hitcount: Story Total: 4076







ChapterPrinter


I do not own Harry Potter, all that crap basically.
***

Ginny smiled as she flicked open the red pen knife she had stole from her Dad's shed. She admired the blade for a few seconds more, and then pushed up the sleeve of her left arm. She looked at the scar covered arm, her eyes resting on a particularly large one, the one she had acquired after she had come out of the Chamber of Secrets.
Her smile disappeared as she placed the knife on a clear spot. She dug the knife into her arm and cut along about an inch. She watched it bleed. ‘I'm alive’ she thought.
She put the blade back into her pocket, her smile fading as she remembered why. Why she had cut her arm open. She'd been back at school for only two weeks, and this was already the third time she had cut herself.
She'd seen him around school, he looked so miserable. So would she if she lost her god father, the closest thing to having your dead parents back. She was of course, talking about Harry Potter.
Ginny admired the cut, it didn’t particularly stand out, only that it was the only one still bleeding.
She heard a noise coming from somewhere above her head, from the boy’s dormitories. Ginny quickly rolled her sleeve up, and sank into the shadows of her corner in the Common Room. The door to the boys dorms open, and shut again. Ginny raised her head, there was nobody there. ‘Wierd’ was all Ginny could think. Then she heard a voice, one she recognised as her brother Ron’s, but where was he?
“Hermione should be here soon” Said another voice she recognised, the one of Harry Potter. Ginny stopped thinking about the bodiless voices, and lifted up her sleeve to look at her cut. She put it away again as Ron started speaking again.
“Where is she?”
The door to the girl’s dorms opened and Hermione came down, with a cream dressing gown over her pink nightdress.
“Ron? Harry?” she whispered.
“Is that you Hermione?” Said Ron, obviously pleased to see Hermione.
“Yes, where are you?”
Ginny looked up and saw Harry, Ron and Hermione standing near the Portrait Hole. Where had Ron and Harry come from? Where were they going?
She wanted to tell them that it wasn’t a good idea to go out at night, since now everybody knows he’s back. But then that would bring up a lot of awkward questions about why she was up in the Common Room at this time.
She heard the Portrait Hole close quietly. She wondered where they were going, she didn’t fancy following them either. They were, somehow, invisible. She didn’t want to think of the possibilities of what would happen to her if she was caught out of bed.
She got up from her hiding place, and trudged slowly up to her dorm, dragging her feet up the stairs, ignoring the pain in her arm. She was used to it by now.
Every time she’d felt the need to cut herself, she’d sneak down into the Common Room and do it. This way she thought she could avoid everybody, tonight had proved that was not the case.
She pulled her quilt tightly around herself, closed her eyes, and fell into an uneasy sleep.


Reviews 9
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear