Search:

SIYE Time:10:18 on 19th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Misunderstandings
By EROD37

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley
Genres: Drama
Warnings: Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 26
Summary: A follow-up story after the events of "Intervention" (you should read that story first). See what happens when Harry and Ginny meet up again
Hitcount: Story Total: 5256







ChapterPrinter


J.K. Rowling owns these characters. I'm only doing this to kill time until book 7 comes out. Please review, it means the world to me.

Misunderstandings by EROD37

It had been ten days since Harry had written Ginny. He counted each day when Hedwig did not return with a response. He remembered staying up half the night trying to put together the right words that would serve as a proper apology. Nothing he could think of seemed right. So Harry figured a direct approach would be best until he could talk to Ginny face to face.

Dear Ginny,

I know that I am most likely the last person on the planet you would want to speak to right now. But when I return to the Burrow for the wedding, I need a few minutes alone with you to explain what has been going on with me. I really hope you give me a chance to explain and to apologize.

Harry

But as each day passed and no letter came, Harry grew less and less optimistic. He knew Ginny understood his reasons for having broken up with her. He could see it in her eyes and feel it in his heart. That to him was the most beautiful part of their short relationship. It was as if they always knew what the other was thinking.

The look in Ginny's eyes the moment before that very first kiss in the common room had been his first indication that they were connected on an entirely different level. It was like she knew he wanted to kiss her. As the short weeks they shared went by he discovered more examples of this. The way they always knew the other was around when they would try and sneak up on one another. How one evening while he was busy studying for his N.E.W.T.'s, he had been studying so hard that he forgot to eat. He was starving and without having seen her that day to ask, she brought him something to eat. The day he found himself carrying a bottle of ink for no apparent reason, and she mentioned needing some for class because she had just ran out. The night Dumbledore was murdered. How he knew it was her hand before it even touched his as he knelt by Dumbledore's body. Even before he had said anything about breaking up, the look in her eyes told him she knew exactly what he was about to say.

He had heard the terms, "soul mate" and "life-debt" before. But he didn't really understand what the terms meant until he dated Ginny. Now he was afraid he had destroyed what he and Ginny had. He knew the break up wasn't the reason. If it was anything that was worrying him, it had been their encounter at King's Cross station.

Harry kept beating himself up for being such an idiot. He had been so determined in preparing himself with finding the horcruxes and destroying Voldemort that he started pushing the people who loved him out of his life. He had insulted Mr. and Mrs. Weasley. First by not hugging Mrs. Weasley and then by not shaking Mr. Weasley's hand. But it was Ginny who got the worst of him when their eyes met.

He saw her beautiful face and brown eyes watching him from the family car. Every fiber of his being screamed for him to run to her and hold her again. To tell her he had been foolish in his decision to end their relationship and to beg her for another chance. But the cold hearted person he was becoming just made him turn away. He could still feel it in his chest how that small action had broken her heart.

He was on his way to becoming completely cold hearted when Hermione cornered him ten days ago and held him in a loving embrace until the walls around his emotions came crashing down. Hermione's touch and her reminder of Ginny's tender words were what had saved him. He loved Hermione and Ron much more than he could ever tell them.

It was killing him that she hadn't written back. He would not have even minded receiving a howler from her. At least he would know she was mad at him. But getting nothing was a far worse feeling. Maybe she had turned her back on him as he had on her at the station.

"Harry, looking out of that window isn't going to make Hedwig come back any faster." said Hermione with a slight smirk on her face.

He turned and faced his two best friends. They were all sitting in Harry's room at Privet Drive. Their stay, other than the night of Harry's emotional breakdown, had been a quiet one. The Dursleys had pretty much left them to themselves. So they had spent most of their time studying different charms, hexes, and spells which could help them with their future plans against Voldemort and his minions.

Today they were taking a break and enjoying the quiet as the Dursleys were on a road trip visiting Uncle Vernon's sister. Harry was watching Ron and Hermione playing a game of Wizard's chess. While neither Harry nor Hermione had ever been a match for Ron, it was Hermione who over the years had gotten progressively better at the game. Each time she and Ron played it would take him longer to beat her. Harry figured given a bit more time she would eventually beat Ron. Harry foresaw a few days of Ron's pouting the day this finally happened.

Harry was smiling to himself at the thought as he heard the familiar sound of wings flapping at his window. Hedwig landed on Harry's arm as he stood up. The white snow owl had a letter attached to it's leg. Harry could barely contain himself as he placed Hedwig in her cage and gently removed the letter.

Harry's heart sank as he read the envelope was addressed to Hermione and that it had been written by Mrs. Weasley. He handed the envelope to Hermione who quickly read the letter to herself.

Ron seemed to read Harry's thoughts as he said, "Would you please tell us what the bloody things says already!"

"Well, it seems that Bill and Fleur's wedding has been rescheduled for a week from today and that your parents are rushing to get everything put together." Hermione answered with a bit of annoyance in her voice.

She continued, "Looks like she wants me to get back to the Burrow as quickly as possible to help with the preparations."

"You? What about me and Harry!" Ron said.

"Well if you give me a chance, I could finish." Hermione replied through clenched teeth.

"Sorry." Ron replied as he realized he pushed Hermione a bit too far.

"You and Harry are to head to Diagon Alley. It seems the two of you have to go to Madam Malkin's for a fitting for dress robes. Looks like you two are to be part of the ceremony." Hermione finished with a grin on her face.

"Must have taken some doing to get Malkin to allow us back in her shop after what happened the last time we were there!" Ron said with a smile.

"Anything else, Hermione?", Harry asked hoping that maybe there was some mention of Ginny.

"Yes, she also says that we should bring only what is necessary and to pick up anything we leave behind later.", Hermione continued.

"And?" Now it was Harry's turn to sound impatient.

"Well, she finishes by saying that the security measures are now fully in place. So anyone heading towards the Burrow cannot floo, portkey, apparate, or fly in using magical means.", Hermione sounded impressed as she read this.

"What's the distance?", inquired Harry.

"A three kilometer radius from the house.", Hermione answered

Harry whistled as Ron exclaimed, "Bloody hell! Sounds like my parents are not taking any chances!"

"Sounds like we have a walk ahead of us once we get just outside the radius." stated Harry.

"Well, lets get going then, these walls are starting to close in on me anyway." Ron said as they began getting things together.

Half an hour later found Harry, Ron and Hermione in the Dursleys' backyard saying quick good byes. Harry gave Hermione a quick hug and handed her his invisibility cloak. "I'm not sure it would work inside the security measures. But take it just in case."

"Thanks Harry, and don't worry, I'm sure everything will work out fine when you get to the Burrow." Hermione said as she tucked the cloak in her backpack.

Harry tried to smile as he contemplated the first encounter he would have with the Weasleys in over three weeks. Ron was walking up to Hermione next.

"Just get home safe, Granger." Ron told Hermione as they hugged one another.

"The only thing I'm going to have to worry about is the three kilometer walk. Now that I can apparate I'll be at the outer radius in no time." Hermione said this with just a bit of pride in her voice.

Ron's reply was a simple grimace.

"It's not my fault you failed the test Ron. Besides, Harry is still underage and at least one of us should be with him." Hermione said flatly.

"Thanks Hermione. Ron and I will be thinking of you while we are riding the Knight Bus to Diagon Alley." Harry said with a small chuckle.

"You two just take care of each other. I'll see you soon." Hermione said as she turned to disapparate.

"Hermione wait!" Ron yelled as he ran towards her.

"What is it?" Hermione said as she looked at Ron.

"I don't want to make the same mistake I made before the Yule Ball. So I'm asking you if you would be my date for the wedding?"

Hermione did not answer. She merely raised up on her toes, gently kissed Ron's lips, and then disapparated.

"I would take that as a yes." Harry said as Ron stood there, his cheeks turning the same color as his hair.

As Harry and Ron waited for the Knight Bus, Harry could not help but think of what lie ahead of him. He had not received a letter from Ginny. So he finally had his answer. Not that a part of him didn't expect as much. He deserved her silence. He pretty much earned it. He guessed that when he got to the Burrow he could expect her to pretty much be the same way she was when she was ten years old. But instead of not talking to him because of a crush she would not be talking to him because she would be hating him with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"It 's not much, but it's home"

Ron stated this every time he came home.They finally walked through the front door of the Burrow and made their way into the living room. They carefully put down their backpacks and garment bags which contained their new dress robes. The first person to greet them was Hermione who had just walked out of the kitchen.

"I take it the trip went without a problem?" Hermione asked.

Ron and Harry shot each other a quick glance before answering her.

"Yes, um...no problem at all, except for the two of us trying not to throw up after our Knight Bus ride." Harry answered as he ran his fingers through his hair.

"Harry, what is that on your hands?" Hermione asked.

"Just..just a little dirt. Harry tripped and fell on the walk to the house." Ron quickly answered for Harry.

"Oh. Well, Harry, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley would like to have a word with you in the kitchen."

Harry's heart sank when Hermione said that. The Weasleys were not wasting any time. Harry wondered if he could still get a room at the Leaky Cauldron. Harry had spent the the better part of the last ten days trying to figure out what to say to them. Might as well get it over with. It was going to be a long walk back to Diagon Alley.

"By the way, the reason Ginny never answered your letter is because she is in France with Fleur and Bill. They are shopping for things for the wedding. Ginny should be back early tomorrow." Hermione told him as he walked past her.

The sinking feeling in Harry's chest subsided. But only slightly. That just meant that she didn't know about the letter. Now he had the prospect of apologizing to her after what he was sure to be harsh treatment by her parents. Harry slowly made his way into the kitchen.

He found Mrs. Weasley sitting at the dining table with Mr. Weasley standing directly behind her. Neither said a word as Harry walked in. The sinking feeling in his chest grew rapidly.

"Hello. May I please sit down?" Harry said rather meekly.

Mr. Weasley merely motioned to the chair directly opposite of Mrs. Weasley.

Harry thought to himself, "Wow, they really do hate me."

Harry removed his glasses as he sat down. He looked at Mrs. Weasley and opened his mouth to speak, but quickly closed it. He looked to Mr. Weasley but came up with the same reaction. He couldn't look either one of them in the eyes. He felt he didn't deserve to. He just looked down at the table and watched his fingers as they absently began tracing water marks on the old table top.

"I...I don't know how to begin to apologize to you for my behavior at the station. There was no excuse for it. I have gone over it again and again. But I have no excuse. Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, for six years you have been the parents I never had, and in just a small amount of time I threw that all away. I'm so sorry. I don't know if you can ever find it in your hearts to forgive me, but I am truly sorry."

Harry still didn't have the heart to look up at them. He kept tracing the water marks with his fingers.

Suddenly he felt a hand close over his. He looked up to see the face of Mrs. Weasley. There were tears running down her cheeks. but she wasn't saying a word.

Mr. Weasley answered for both of them, "Harry, there is nothing to forgive. Molly and I have a confession to make. We both had an idea that there was something wrong with you that day at the station. But it wasn't until Hermione provided us with proof today that we realized how bad things had gotten with you."

"I...I don't understand?" Harry spoke as Mr. Weasley continued.

"What we are trying to say is that you are, and will always be family. The Weasleys make it a point to always be there for one another in times of need. What I'm saying is that Molly and I are very sorry for not having recognized what was going on inside you. We should have been there for you and we failed you Harry. We are the ones who should be apologizing to..."

But Mr. Weasley never got a chance to finish as Harry stood up and rounded the table, right into Mrs. Weasley's arms. Harry held her closer than he ever had. He could feel tears running from his eyes as he buried his face into her shoulder.

She released him and Harry reached out to shake Mr. Weasley's hand. He wanted to thank him so much for his kind words. But before Harry knew it, Mr. Weasley had drawn him into a hug as well. It was the first time Harry had hugged Mr. Weasley but somehow he knew it wouldn't be the last.

"We love you son. Don't you ever forget that." Mr. Weasley's normally firm voice wavered as he said this.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sometime later, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, along with Harry, Ron and Hermione were discussing the wedding plans over dinner. The three of them were making gluttons of themselves as they hadn't had a decent meal in three weeks. Mrs. Weasley couldn't contain her smile as she watched them. They had all grown up so much in six years.

"Mr. Weasley, I wanted to ask, you said that Hermione provided you with proof about what was going on with me. What proof did she provide?" Harry asked.

"She provided us with her memory of the night of your emotional breakdown. Molly and I used our pensieve to view it." Mr. Weasley answered.

"You have a pensieve? How come you never told me?", Ron asked in a shocked voice.

"Because Ronald Weasley, we didn't want you or any of the other children to know about it. Merlin knows what sort of mischief you kids could have gotten into if you decided to play with it!" Mrs. Weasley yelled at Ron.

"Besides it is a very old pensieve. We have owned it since we received it as a wedding present. I'm afraid it doesn't work as well as it used to. It is only good for one viewing, the memory gets a bit muddled if someone tries to watch it a second time." Mr. Weasley added.

"The newer models don't have that problem anymore." Hermione interjected.

"Thanks for the food mum. I'm so full. Hermione would you like to take a walk with me to walk this food off?" Ron said as he stood up, took Hermione by the hand and lead her outside.

As soon as the door was closed behind them Hermione looked at Ron and said, "Ron, I know that look. What is it?"

"I was wondering if you would help me with something?", Ron answered as he continued to hold her hand and walk in the moonlight.

Meanwhile, back at the dinner table, Harry found himself in a rather interesting situation. It had been nagging him since just after he had had his heart to heart talk with the Weasleys. He had them alone again. "Better late than never.", Harry thought.

"Well good night Harry. Arthur and I have to be up early to meet Bill and Fleur at Diagon Alley." Mrs. Weasley's voice pulled Harry from his thoughts.

"I have something I have to confess as well, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley. But seeing as you have already seen the events of my emotional breakdown...", Harry began.

But Mr. Weasley cut him off in a stern voice, "If you are referring to your crying out for my little girl, from what I gather you have some issues that far outweigh the need to tell us about the relationship between you two."

"What Arthur is trying to say in his best, "Protective father" voice, is that if and when you settle everything with Ginny, we would be happy to talk to the both of you regarding dating one another." Mrs. Weasley finished as she gave Mr. Weasley a stern look.

Mr.Weasley looked up to the ceiling as he stood up from the table.

"We trust both of you. Just make sure that you do right by our daughter" Mrs. Weasley said as she ushered her husband up the stairs to their bedroom.

The last things Harry heard from either one of them as they climbed up the stairs was Mr. Weasley's voice.

"Well, you can't blame me Molly. I have been waiting years to use my, "Protective father" voice."

That was quickly followed by what Harry could have sworn was the sound of Mrs. Weasley slapping her husband in the arm.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Ear ly the next morning found Ginny Weasley returning to her home. After returning from a shopping spree in France, she had decided that she had had enough shopping for quite a while. She seperated from Bill and Fleur and told them that she would see them at the Burrow.

A three kilometer walk in addition to her portkey lag did nothing to help her demeanor. So by the time she arrived at her home, her patience was nil.

That changed as she walked in and saw the trio's backpacks. She ran upstairs to her room. Hermione was already awake and brushing her hair. Hermione's eyes opened wide upon seeing her.

"Ginny!" Hermione screamed as she smothered Ginny in a great big hug.

Ginny returned the hug. She had missed her closest friend.

"I missed you so much over the last few weeks. So how was France?" Hermione asked.

"It was nice, but to be honest, I couldn't wait to get home. So where are your two other halves?" Ginny said.

"Most likely still sleeping. You can't blame them though. Neither of them has had a normal bed to sleep in for quite a while." Hermione said.

"Were things that bad at the Dursley's?" Ginny asked.

"Harry spent the first two weeks sleeping in his cupboard. If that is any indication." Hermione looked serious as she said this.

"Why would he put himself through that again?" Ginny wondered aloud.

"I think that is something you should ask him yourself. Here, this is for you." Hermione handed Ginny the letter Harry wrote. It had remained unopened on Ginny's bed while she was gone.

Her heart skipped a beat in her chest as she opened the letter. After reading it Ginny silently walked out of her room. She heard Hermione ask if everything was alright, but Ginny did not answer.

So he wanted to see her in person to explain what was going on inside him, to apologize. She laughed inwardly. Harry didn't have to apologize. She had understood the reasons for the break up. Well, maybe it took her a while to come to grips with it. But she wasn't angry about it, nor would she give up on what they had. Even the situation at the station didn't linger on her mind for that long. She knew it was breaking his heart as much as it was hers to be away from each other.

She began making her way to Ron's bedroom to speak to Harry. She really didn't want Harry's mind to be preoccupied with things that didn't matter. He had bigger problems to face in the future. Just then a strange light caught her attention. It was coming from under the door to her parent's bedroom. Her wand was out instantly.

She knew her parents were meeting Bill and Fleur on Diagon Alley. But the old "D.A." in her was not taking any chances. She slowly entered the room. She saw that the bed was unmade as if her parents had gotten a late start. "Typical", she thought to herself. The Weasley family were going to be late for their own funerals someday.

She noticed her parent's pensieve in the middle of the room. Her parents had a pensieve? The bird bath like object sat there glowing. What had they been viewing? Ginny's curiosity got the better of her as she bent over to take a peek. Her face broke the surface of the liquid and she was pulled into darkness.

Ginny found herself in a series of blurred visions. She could see she was inside of a house. In front of her an open door leading to a small patch of grass. On that grass were two people sitting closely together.

"Whose memories are these?" Ginny thought to herself.

FLASH! She saw Ron as he slept on a living room sofa.

FLASH! She was outside and standing next to the two people who were sitting on the grass.

FLASH! She watched as the girl she considered a sister was holding the boy who she considered to be the love of her life in a close embrace. She was snuggling with him, her cheek and nose against his handsome face.

FLASH! Ginny watched and listened in horror as Hermione whispered in Harry's ear the words she herself had confessed to Harry with all her heart.

"I never gave up on you...Maybe that's why I like you so much."

There was a final flash and all went dark.

Ginny felt as if her heart had been ripped from her chest. She screamed in pain, heartache, and betrayal. She was still screaming as she came out of the pensieve.

Ginny and the pensieve fell to the floor. The foul memory contained in it's bowl spilled to the floor and evaporated. Another cry of anguish escaped Ginny's lips as it had become so painfully clear.

Harry had given his heart to Hermione, she had never cared for Ron. She had been using Ginny and Ron to be with Harry all this time. The wench even had the nerve to make fun of the words Ginny had used the day of Dumbledore's funeral.

So this was what Harry had needed to speak with her about. This was what he needed to see her in person to apologize for. He didn't break up with her because he wanted to keep her safe. He did it just to get away from her, so he could be alone with Hermione. They even had the nerve to be together right under Ron's nose while he slept. Her cry of anguish died away as it was replaced by anger.

Hermione ran into the room. A frightened look on her face and her wand at the ready.

"Ginny are you alright? I heard you scream!" Hermione asked as she moved to Ginny's side.

"Don't touch me! Don't come near me!" Ginny yelled at her, hatred filling her eyes.

"What's wrong?" Hermione asked with a perplexed look in her eyes.

"Don't act as if you don't know! Did you think I wouldn't find out? You were my closest friend! You were my sister, Hermione! My sister! Don't you ever speak to me again!" Ginny screamed as she ran out of the room.

"What did I do? What did I do? Ginny, I'm still your friend. You're like a sister to me too. Please, what did I do?" But Hermione's cries never reached Ginny. Hermione merely sat on the floor as tears came to her eyes.

Ginny practically knocked down the door to Ron's room. She found both beds unmade. Her anger doubled as she turned and ran downstairs.

"Just like those two. Knowing them they are out at the Quidditch pitch." Ginny said out loud. She could feel her anger growing with each step she took.

As Ginny ran out the back door, she ran right into someone. They both fell to the floor. She knew it was him before she ran into him. It angered her even more that she could sense him. How could someone who she had such a connection with treat her this way?

"Ginny? You're...you're back. Are you alright?" Harry asked as he helped her from the ground.

The look in her eyes brought fear to Harry's heart. There were tears in her eyes, but her eyes were filled with anger, not sadness or joy (as Harry had caught himself hoping they were). Harry wanted to say something...anything. But Ginny's eyes sucked any words he could think of from his mind.

Ron had just walked up to Harry and Ginny as she reached up and slapped Harry very hard. So hard in fact that Harry's glasses flew off his face. Ron had never seen his sister this angry. Ron was as stunned as Harry looked.

"I hate you Harry Potter! With all my heart and soul, I hate you!", Ginny screamed as she ran off towards the nearby woods.

Harry didn't make a move to go after her. He found that he didn't have the strength. When she said those words it had sucked out all the life he had left in him. It was as if a huge part of himself had just died.

Ron walked up to his best friend and handed him his glasses. Ron made a move to put his hand on Harry's shoulder. But Harry waved him away.

"She hates me." Harry whispered as he began walking into the house.

The look of helplessness in his best friend's eyes shook Ron to his very core. Harry didn't deserve that. Harry didn't even get a chance to explain what had been going on inside him over the past few weeks. Ginny didn't even give Harry a chance to apologize. No, Harry didn't deserve that at all.

Ron's lips came together in a thin line of determination. He ran in the direction of the woods. Into the same general area he had seen his sister run to. She was sitting with her arms crossed as Ron found her. She still looked as angry as just before she had slapped Harry.

"Now what the bloody hell was that all about!" Ron yelled at his sister.

"I can't believe that after all I found out, you are ready to defend Harry and Hermione!" Ginny yelled back.

"You didn't even give him a chance to explain or apologize. He didn't deserve that slap!" Ron yelled even louder.

"Ron, how could you be so naive? Hermione used you and I to be with Harry. Harry broke up with me to be with her!" Ginny's voice was teeming with anger again.

"What!" Ron was shocked as she said this.

"Hermione never cared for you and Harry sure didn't care for me either!" Ginny yelled.

"Ginny are you mental? Where would you even begin to get a nutty idea like that?" Ron asked, his face burning red with anger.

"I saw everything in mum and dad's pensieve!" Ginny screamed at him, furious that he was still defending them.

"Let me get this straight. You watched Hermione's memories, in mum and dad's pensieve?" Ron asked.

"Yes, I did. I saw everything!" she said this as she hit Ron's chest.

"You're wrong about what you saw, Ginny." Ron looked her in the eyes.

"Will you stop defending them, and for once side with your family!" Ginny hit him again.

"Those two are my family. I'm telling you that you're wrong and if you would just listen..." Ron started.

But Ginny wouldn't let him finish, "No, Ron, no I will not listen. I know what I saw and..."

Ginny suddenly felt Ron's hands on her as he lifted her off the ground and draped her over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. He started walking towards the house. Ginny kicking and screaming the entire time for Ron to put her down.

Hermione was still sitting on the Weasley's bedroom floor when Ron came storming in. Ginny was still draped over his shoulder like a bag of dirty laundry.

"Hermione, get out of this room now!" Ron sternly told her.

"Ron what are you doing?" Hermione asked with a shocked look.

Ron looked directly into Hermione's eyes as he sat the pensieve upright with his free hand, "This is Weasley family business. Out of the room now, woman!"

Hermione had the bedroom door closed before Ron could finish. With his free hand he pulled out two vials of silvery liquid from his pocket. He opened them and poured their contents into the pensieve, after which he pulled his wand from his pocket and stirred the liquid.

"Ron, put me down!" Ginny yelled.

Ron ignored her as he spoke, "You wouldn't listen to me. You obviously won't listen to Hermione and you won't give Harry a chance to explain. So you are bloody well going to listen to this!"

Faster than Ginny could react. Ron put her on her feet, grabbed her by the back of her hair and shoved her head into the pensieve. She felt herself falling as soon as her head broke the surface of the liquid.

Ginny got to her feet. She wasn't home anymore. The first thing that struck her was how clear this memory was compared to the one she watched earlier. She looked to her right and found Ron and Harry holding what looked like garment bags. They were in a shop in what had to be Diagon Alley.

Ginny heard Ron speaking, "We just wanted to thank you again for fixing us up on such short notice."

"Your very welcome Master Weasley. I just hope all goes well with the wedding" replied Madam Malkin.

"Why would Ron want me to watch this memory?" Ginny thought to herself.

Ginny could see Harry quietly standing there smiling as Ron spoke to Madam Malkin. No doubt thinking about the next time he could be in Hermione's arms, Ginny thought.

As that last thought faded from Ginny's mind. She heard the sound of a small bell ringing. Turning she saw the all too familiar forms of Crabbe and Goyle walk into the shop. Crabbe made it a point to bump into Harry.

"Hey Potter! Didn't see you there. Why the long face?" Crabbe asked.

"Crabbe, didn't you hear? Ginny Weasley dumped him!" Goyle answered.

"Come on Potter, you couldn't have been surprised. Everyone at Hogwart's knows that girl changes guys like she does her socks!" Crabbe replied as he barely held back his laughter.

"You should have known that she is nothing more than a blood-traitor tramp!" Goyle said as he began laughing.

Ginny looked over to Ron who was shaking with anger. Harry on the other hand was calmly pulling his wand out.

Ginny heard Madam Malkin's voice as she softly pleaded, "Please Mr. Potter, not again. Please."

Ginny watched as Harry simply placed his wand on the counter, followed closely by his glasses.

"What the heck is he doing?" thought Ginny.

It was then that all hell broke loose. One second Ginny was watching Crabbe and Goyle laughing, the next second they had sixty-eight kilograms of black haired fury all over them. Crabbe was tackled into a display of school robes. Harry then had Goyle on the floor and was busy pounding his fists into Goyle's fat face.

Crabbe got to his feet and tried to pull Harry off of Goyle. But with speed honed through years of Quidditch, Harry turned and drove his right elbow into Crabbe's right knee. Crabbe buckled as there was a sickening sound of bones breaking. Crabbe didn't even have time to scream as Harry drove an uppercut into his jaw. Crabbe's feet left the floor as crashed into another display and fell to the floor, knocked cold.

Harry then went back to the job of redecorating Goyle's face. Harry's hands were covered with blood as Ron finally managed to pull Harry off of Goyle. There was blood coming from Goyle's nose and mouth.

"Mate, please stop. It's not that he doesn't deserve it, but you're going to end up killing him." said Ron.

Harry was breathing heavily as he bent over and lifted Goyle up by his shirt so they could look into each other's eyes.

"You and your twin buffoon got off easy. I better not hear that either of you has insulted Ginny ever again. Also if you happen to run into your little ferret friend Draco or his girlfriend Snape, let them know I'm coming for them too. They had better hope that the Aurors get to them before I do."

Harry and Ron picked up their things and started leaving the shop. Harry turned to Madam Malkin and laid a large stack of gold coins in front of her.

"For any damage I have caused" Harry told her.

Ginny was still standing there with a look of shock on her face when the memory faded away, only to be replaced by a new one.

Ginny recognized the inside of the house she was in. Her heart skipped in her chest again as she looked over to the sofa but noticed that Ron was not sleeping on it this time. She heard voices coming from the backyard and ran outside to investigate.

She saw Harry sitting on the grass with Hermione behind him. She seem to be holding him in a strong embrace. But unlike the first memory there were no flashes and Ginny could see and hear everything clearly.

She saw Ron standing just outside the door. Harry was fighting Hermione's embrace. He sounded like he was panicking. It was then that her connection to Harry clicked into place again. His eyes looked dull and lifeless. His voice, as he practically begged Hermione to release him, was almost toneless. Harry didn't seem himself at all. It was like she was looking at a shell of Harry. It was if all the warmth inside him was gone. The sight of him frightened her.

She watched as Hermione whispered the words again into Harry's ear. This was so different from what she had first witnessed.

Ginny jumped as she heard Harry scream her name, "LET ME GO! GINNY, PLEASE LET ME GO!"

Ginny ran to Harry's side and fell to her knees as she finally witnessed what had actually occurred that night. She felt everything as Harry's remorse consumed him and he began begging Ginny's forgiveness. She watched as Harry cried into his hands, watched as Ron held both of his friends in his arms.

Ginny felt her heart both heal and break at the same time. She listened to the conversation Harry, Ron and Hermione had before they returned to the house. She felt the guilt for having jumped to conclusions start to overwhelm her. She had started crying and had not even realized it. She felt a tug and found herself floating out of the pensieve.

She found herself standing in her parent's bedroom, Ron standing next to her. There was a look of worry on her brother's face.

"I'm sorry I got rough with you. But now I understand what Hermione means when she mentions "The Weasley Stubborn Streak" " said Ron.

Ginny turned and grabbed him in her arms into a big hug, "I love you big brother, thank you."

Ginny bolted from the room and found Hermione standing in the hallway. Hermione looked at Ginny with very sad eyes.

Ginny walked up to her and pulled Hermione into an embrace as she said, "I'm sorry I doubted you. Can you ever forgive me?"

"I already do and we can talk more about it later, but I think someone needs you more than me." Hermione replied as she broke the embrace.

Ginny ran downstairs and called Harry's name. She noticed the front door was ajar and one backpack was missing. Her heart caught in her throat. She walked outside and saw Harry walking away in the distance. She caught up with him and stopped right in front of him. Harry put up his hand and took a step back before she could speak.

"Tell your parents that I'm sorry but I won't be here for the wedding. The thought of wanting to be with you but knowing you hate me is too much for me. Ginny, it took me so long to see it, but I'm nothing without you. I've made a mistake it looks like I can't redeem and I'm going to have to live with that for the rest of my life. I know that because of my stupid noble decision that you now hate me with all your heart and soul. But Ginny, with all my heart and soul, I love you and will always love you. I love you more than anything or anyone else in the world. You are my soul mate. My soul mate Ginny! I will never feel that way with anyone else aga..."

Ginny suddenly burst into tears as she walked up to Harry and said,

"Shut up Harry, just shut up!"

She grabbed his face and began kissing him passionately.

Harry's eyes went wide with surprise as he thought to himself, "Soul mates, once you think you have figured out exactly what they are thinking, they completely fool you"

Harry stopped thinking all together and lost himself in their kiss.
Reviews 26
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear