Search:

SIYE Time:22:01 on 18th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


It Worked
By JustMelissa

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 5
Summary: When snow is outside, minds wander, and people form odd alliances. One-shot. Please read and review
Hitcount: Story Total: 3813







ChapterPrinter


Ginny woke up to the sounds of silence. She had been having a really good dream, so she didn’t notice at first that it was so quiet. ‘Silence? What happened to everyone else in my dorm?’ she thought. When she looked out the window, she immediately knew why. It was snowing! The ground was already covered in a blanket of pure white. She jumped out of bed, pulled on her clothes, followed by her jumper, cloak, scarf, gloves, and boots, and ran down the stairs to the Great Hall. She was so excited about the snow day, that she didn’t look where she was going and ran right into someone.

~o~


Harry woke up not to Neville’s usual snores, but to nothing. He had been having a really good dream too. ‘Nothing? What about Ron, Neville, and everyone else?’ he thought. As he was getting up, he caught a glimpse of the ground below. It was covered in a layer of snow. He jumped the rest of the way out of bed, and started to pull on his clothes, jumper, scarf, gloves, boots, and cloak. He then ran down the stairs to the Great Hall. He was in such a hurry, that he didn’t notice that there was another Gryffindor racing along the corridor to the Great Hall, and ran right into them.


Ron and Hermione watched as Harry and Ginny ran headlong into each other, from behind a statue. They had woken Harry and Ginny up at the same time, and then run away to hide behind the statue and wait for them to come. They were hoping that they would be in such a hurry that they wouldn’t notice anyone else, and run into each other.

Ron knew that Harry secretly fancied Ginny, even if he would never admit it to anyone else, so he was just waiting for the perfect opportunity to get them together. Who else would be better for his sister than his best mate?

Hermione, through many talks with Ginny, had figured out that Ginny still had a crush on Harry, no matter how much she denied it, and Hermione was always thinking of plots to get them together. As much as she tried, she couldn’t seem to get them to work with only her. This time, she enlisted Ron’s help, and so far, it seemed like it worked.

They watched, snickering, as Harry and Ginny both fell down, surprised at running into someone else.


Ginny looked up, only to see the emerald green eyes she had been dreaming of since she was 10. “Sorry, I wasn’t looking where I was going,” she said, “I was too excited about the snow.”

“No, it’s ok, really, I wasn’t looking where I was going either. Here, let me help you up.” he said taking her hand.

“Thanks.” she said, letting go. Then together, they headed off to the Great Hall to eat breakfast.


Ron and Hermione ran after, catching up with Harry and Ginny, trying to look as though they hadn’t just come racing down the corridor.


From behind another statue, Draco Malfoy watched the exchange between Harry and Ginny. ‘This is going to be way easier than I thought’.

~o~


“Where have you two been? You weren’t in our dormitories when we woke up.” asked Harry.

“Oh, um, we were in the bathroom, and we met up when we were coming out.” Hermione said, while Ron nodded his head vigorously.

“I see,” said Ginny. “Anyways, after breakfast, we’re gonna go outside to play in the snow. You guys want to come?”

“Wouldn’t miss it,” replied Ron, as they entered the Great Hall, “but first, we eat!”

Harry, Hermione and Ginny watched amusedly as Ron piled his plate up with everything within reach of where he sat, and then dug in, a piece of toast in each hand, then juice in one hand, a fork in another. They were having so much fun watching him that they almost forgot to eat for themselves, until the scent of the bacon reached them.

Draco walked into the Great Hall, keeping his eye on the four Gryffindors, a plan already formed in his mind.

~o~


Draco could see that Harry, Hermione, Ron, and Ginny were almost done eating, so he left his table and quietly exited the Great Hall to go outside and put his plan in action.


Hermione, Ginny and Harry finished eating before Ron, and went back to watching him eat. When Ron was finally done, he noticed them staring at him. “What?” he asked.

“Nothing, really,” said Harry. “Let’s go outside now, before it gets too crowded.” They had spent about half an hour in the Great Hall, so they had taken off their cloaks, scarves and gloves. Now, they all put them back on, and headed out of the big double doors.

Waiting for them though, was Draco Malfoy, hidden behind a bush that was close to the entrance of the Hogwarts castle.

When they walked out of the castle, off the stone steps and into the snow, Hermione and Ginny pushed Harry and Ron into the snow, so they began chasing the girls. As Ginny and Hermione ran ahead, Draco Malfoy hit them each with a curse from his hiding place, first Hermione, then Ginny. As they both crumpled into the snow, Ron, Hermione’s chaser, ran up to her. Harry, Ginny’s chaser, ran over to her and pulled her into a sitting position.

“Ginny, Ginny, can you hear me?” When she didn’t answer, he picked her up in both arms and started to carry her towards the castle. Ron was doing the same thing for Hermione. While he was walking, Ginny slowly opened her eyes.

“Harry? Harry what happened?” she asked in a faint voice.

“It’s ok Gin, I’ve got you, you’re going to be fine. Do you feel ok?”

“N-no, my whole body hurts, and it’s f-f-freezing.” she said.

“It’s ok, we’re going to the hospital wing, Madam Pomfrey will take care of you,” answered Harry.

When they got to the hospital wing, they found it completely full of patients, and a very busy Madam Pomfrey. “Oh dear, I’m sorry, but we don’t have anymore room. Do you think you could take care of her? There are just too many people here, I’m busy every second of the day as it is.” said Madam Pomfrey.

“Yeah, I think I can, and I don’t have anything to do today anyways.” Harry said. They had left the hospital wing and were headed for the Gryffindor Common Room when Ginny spoke again.

“H-Harry, it’s even c-c-colder n-now.”

“It’s ok Gin, we here, I can get you a blanket and you can lay down on the coach right by the fire.” said Harry. When they got through the portrait hole though, they found Hermione already on the coach closest to the fire, curled up in a blanket, asleep, with Ron on a chair right beside her. Harry carried Ginny to the other coach, and gently set her down.

“Wait here Ginny, I’ll be right back with a blanket.” At that, Harry sprinted up to his dormitory for a blanket.

~o~


Wow. He was holding Ginny Weasley, girl of his dreams, prettiest girl at Hogwarts, victim of Voldemort! He couldn’t believe it. When Madam Pomfrey told him that the hospital wing was full, he was secretly glad. He would get to hold Ginny longer! And, he would get to take care of her. He told her that it was going to be ok, and that she would be on the coach by the fire with a blanket. When they got through the portrait hole, he saw that Ron already had Hermione on the coach closest to the fire, so he took Ginny over to the coach on the opposite side of the room. Yes! More time to hold Ginny! He set her down than ran up to his dormitory to get a blanket, not wanting to leave her alone for even a minute.

~o~


She watched as Harry raced down the last steps of the dormitory stairs, with a blanket in hand. By that time, she was as cold as she thought she could possibly get. Her teeth were chattering nonstop, and she didn’t think she could say a full sentence without repeating every syllable. He came over, and started to help her pull off her wet cloak, gloves, scarf, and boots. He did it so gently. Then he put the blanket on top of her, and started to tuck it in tightly around her. Harry Potter, tucking her, Ginevra Weasley, in! He obviously cared that she stay warm. Maybe he even cared for her! No, she couldn’t go there, she would only be devastated when he started politely ignoring her again. When he was done tucking the blanket in around her, he pulled over a chair and started to pull off all of his wet things. From being pushed into the snow, his jumper and shirt were wet too, so he pulled those off as well. Quidditch practice had definitely done him well. His arms and chest were well muscled. She watched him the whole time, but realized that she wasn’t getting any warmer. She told him that.

~o~


After a moment’s consideration, he decided that the only way for her to get warm was for her to share someone’s body heat. His body heat. So he climbed in behind Ginny and leaned her back against him, his arms wrapped protectively around her.

~o~


When she had said that she was still cold, she hadn’t expected him to come in behind her. Not by a long shot. But he did. And she was loving it. She was leaning her back against his bare chest, her legs straight in front of her, his legs on either side of hers, his arms wrapped around her. It felt so good, so right. She could feel his muscular chest behind her, supporting her. She was leaning her head on one of his shoulders, his face right next to hers. He was holding her again! This time, he was holding her like a boyfriend would. No! She had to stop thinking thoughts like that, or she would die when he stopped, and everything got back to normal. Eventually, she got warmer, and fell asleep in his arms, with the thought ‘Harry Potter is holding me!’ in her head.

~o~


He couldn’t believe what he had done. He didn’t regret it though. It felt so good, so right to be holding Ginny Weasley like this. Her head was resting on his shoulder, right next to his. He had magically raised up the arm rest of the coach so he could lean back against it, and not move Ginny much. Pretty soon, Ginny fell asleep. Letting out a sigh of relief, he let himself think over the day. She hadn’t said no to him holding her, of climbing onto the coach behind her. Of course, she could just be cold, and see not other way of getting warm, but he hoped it wasn’t that. Maybe she really did still like, him, and hadn’t actually gotten over him. He really hoped so. He fell asleep with the thought ‘I’m holding Ginny Weasley” in his head.

~o~


When she woke up, they were in the exact position that she had fallen asleep in. Judging from the slow, heavy breathing coming from right behind her, Harry had fallen asleep too. She enjoyed the feeling of being held by Harry for a moment, when he woke up. “Are you feeling better?” he asked her.

“Yes, I’m a lot warmer and I don’t ache anymore.” she said.

“Good, because if we hurry, we can still make supper.” he said, lifting his arm and looking at his watch.

“Whoa, we slept a long time. I’m starving.” she said, looking at his watch also.

“Me too. Let’s go.”

~o~


He offered Ginny his hand, which she took. He gently pulled her to her feet, and let go. As soon as she took her first step though, she fell. He caught her, and for the third time in one day, he was holding her. “Are you all right?” he asked her.

~o~


She look up to answer him, but found herself staring once again into his emerald green eyes. With just one look at her, he could stun her. She struggled to find words to answer, but somehow, she did. She took his proffered hand, and he gently pulled her up. As soon as she took her first step though, she fell. She found out that her legs were not strong enough to support her. He rushed over to her, and asked if she was ok. She was ok, but how on earth would they get to dinner? Once again, she took his hand and he pulled up gently, this time not letting go of her. She took a step, but would have fallen if Harry had not been there. He adjusted his position, so that she was holding one of his hands while the other was on her back. He was so gentle with her, she thought that there might just be hope for them after all. It was slow walking down to the Great Hall, but she enjoyed it quite a lot.

~o~
Reviews 5
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear