Search:

SIYE Time:7:31 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


The Gates of Time
By BriannaH

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Other, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley, Nymphadora Tonks
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Tragedy, Drama, General
Warnings: Death
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 10
Summary: Don't let your true love slip through the gates of time.
Hitcount: Story Total: 3885







ChapterPrinter


Author’s Note :: This story is written in a different style than all of the previous stories I have done. I don’t know why I exactly I wrote it differently, but I have, and I would really appreciate reviews, so that I know if readers enjoy this style of writing.

Disclaimer :: And if you think these are my characters, I will hex you into oblivion!

The Gates of Time
by
BriannaH


He grabs his newly polished shoes and slips them upon his feet. He hasn’t talked to anyone in the past few days, just studied relentlessly. He doesn’t want to be disrupted, he wants to make sure he figures everything out. He wants to make sure that no one else died, but he was apparently too late.

He remembers just three hours before when the small gray owl was ramming itself against his window. He had opened the window, and the owl immediately dropped the piece of parchment attached to his leg, and zoomed off.

He recognized the owl as Pig, his best friend’s owl. He wondered why he had suddenly contacted him, as he had told them not to bother, he had promised he would be back for the wedding.

After reading the small scroll, his heart drops. Another one couldn’t be dead...not so soon. But it was true she was dead, and it was too late to save her now.

Harry grabs his black and gold trimmed cloak and swiftly walks out of the flat’s door, only to disapparate seconds later.

When he walks into the small building, he sees her. She sits in the middle row of five with his two best friends. He wants to talk to her, at least tell her he is alive, but he can’t risk everything now, not after all he has worked for. He turns his head to find Remus sitting in the front row. He sees her look up out of the corner of his eye, but he doesn’t acknowledge her, he can’t, not now.

~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~< /center>

She looks up, her cheeks unstained for the moment. She sees him walk in through the vanilla colored door, and sit in the front row with his friend Remus, the one they were all here to comfort. She is sitting in the middle row, along with her best friend Hermione and her brother Ron. None of the trio in the middle row had been particularly close to the now dead girl, but they truly liked her. They knew that her time with them was cut too short, yet another life cut too short by Voldemort.

From what she can see, he hasn’t seen her, nor acknowledged the couple to the left of her. This brings a tear to her eye, and she quickly rubs her eye as to not let the lone tear slide gracefully down her right cheek.

The girl to the left of her, Hermione, rubs her hand down Ginny’s back, knowing exactly why she had rubbed her eye a moment before. Ron simply seems as if he isn’t there, like he isn’t anywhere at all. He seems quite zoned out, and was only brought back when his girlfriend lay her head upon his right shoulder. Ron begins stroking her hair quietly as a few tears glide down her face.

When Ginny sees the pair, her eyes immediately fill once again. She quickly closes them, and looks down. She stares at her black shoes, the ones her mother bought her to wear as her everyday ‘dressy’ shoes. The ones that she would eventally end up wearing with her school robes.

She looks up to see him in a quiet discussion with Remus. She wishes that he would have sat by her instead, but she can understand why he has decided to sit by his friend.

~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~< /center>

His old friend appears even older now as he deals with his grief. He is the only one accompanying his friend at the moment. His friend doesn’t mind he only wants Harry to sit by him anyway.

Harry feels as if Voldemort has taken everyone that he has ever loved from him, then he remembers that she is still here, but for how long, not even he knows. He realizes that Remus must feel the same way. Sirius, James, Lily, and now Tonks have all been taken from him. Harry has no idea how he would react if his love was taken from him, and he tries to comfort Remus with his great loss.

Remus’s crying seems to have lessened some. He peers into Harry’s face. “This is what he was telling us all along.”

Harry, slightly shocked Remus had said something, replies, but only in a whisper as Remus has done, “What do you mean?”

“What Albus says. Harry, true love only happens once, don’t waste it while you have it. Tonks was my true love, and I waited too long to have her, and now she’s gone. Don’t let your true love slip through the gates of time.”

He stares at his shoes, the ones he had just polished that morning. “But I can’t let her near harm’s way.”

“Think about it this way, Harry. She is already in harm’s way, being a Weasley. She’s proud to be a Weasley, proud to say that her parents have called you their own, proud that her brother has made best friends with you. She isn’t proud because this will make her family look well, she’s proud because she has been given the privilege to meet someone so brave, modest, and loving as yourself. She would never trade being a Weasley in, even if it was for her own safety, because she’s proud to be a Weasley. Therefore, she’s already in danger. Have you ever thought that a death eater could go to her house and kidnap her? Who would save her? What if no one was there to help her? Wouldn’t it better if you kept her close, that way no one would risk coming near her? You could defend her immediately if something were to happen. Meanwhile, you are off doing work, and could hear about her being attacked days after the attack has taken place. How will you be able to defend her five days after the attack, while she is laying in St. Mungo’s? Have you ever looked at it through this point of view?”

“No, I haven’t seen it like that before. You’ve made your point Remus, I will speak with her soon.”

“Do it before it’s too late.”

~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~< /center>

She stares at the back of his messy mop of hair as the guy at the podium talks about Tonks. She wants to comfort Remus, but knows it’s better that she doesn’t.

She silently wonders if this is the last time that she will ever see Harry. Will he ever return? Will he be gone before the wedding? Will she be gone before the wedding? Will anybody be left before the wedding? Will Voldemort finally be defeated before the wedding?

Since she is deep in thought, she doesn’t notice when the few people in the small building began to stand up and exit through that seem vanilla colored door. Hermione softly tugs on her arm, but she determinedly shakes her hand. Hermione nods and says, “We’ll wait for you outside when you’re ready.” The pair walks out of the door.

She still stares silently at her shoes. Tears slowly escape her eyes, and began to steadily fall quicker. She’s crying for a reason that she shouldn’t be at Tonk’s funeral, but she can’t help herself. She notices that Remus has left, along with Harry. He didn’t even say goodbye.

~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~< /center>

He walks Remus to the door. He notices that Ron and Hermione have already exited, and Ginny stayed behind in the building. She was now the only person in the room, save a few others who were standing behind Remus and himself. He continues to walk with Remus until they reach a shady grove.

“Where are you staying?”

“At an inn, but I’ll come back for the wedding.”

“That’s good, Remus.”

“Don’t forget your promise.”

“I won’t.”

And with that Remus disappeared with a POP.

~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~< /center>

She wants to get up and leave, Ron and Hermione are waiting on her. She shouldn’t wallow in her emotions. She thinks she’s acting stupidly. She hears the door open, but does not lift her head to see him walk in. She figures someone left their purse behind, as she happens to do quite often.

She hears someone sit upon the seat to the right of her. She slowly looks up to see him. She is slightly shocked, hence the gasp that emits from her mouth almost immediately. He smiles, looking slightly ashamed.

He leans forward and their lips meet for a brief moment. She is slightly surprised that he does this, but doesn’t question him.

He picks her hand up, and stands up. She does the same, while gazing into his emerald eyes. They walk hand in hand in peaceful silence until they reach Ron and Hermione. Hermione wears a slightly smug look while Ron’s eyes look a little more bugged out than usual.

“Ron, Hermione, and myself will be leaving at midnight the night of the wedding. Make sure your bags are packed because we will be leaving at midnight exactly. Don’t worry about explaining things to your mother, I’ll do it for you. She will oblige. Now I must go, and I won’t return until the wedding. Please try not to fret. The wedding is only within a week, please try to stay out of harm until then.”

She nods her head, a small smile on her lips.

He leans down and kisses her cheek before POPing just as Remus had minutes before.

Author’s Note :: Okay, I didn’t really want to kill Tonks, but I knew I had to kill someone and this was just the way it played out. I know I kind of cut it off, but it still explains everything. I might make a sequel to this, but it depends on what reviewers think, so please review. Again, many thanks to MsHellFire2005 for being my beta, and always offering wonderful advice. If you want to know the day that I new story/chapter of any Harry/Ginny fanfictions I post is up, visit http://bittersweet.charmingly.org , my blog.
Reviews 10
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear