Search:

SIYE Time:20:00 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Under the weather
By lucky_black_cat

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Songfic
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 12
Summary: Harry was gone, but to Ginny, he's in every photo, in every breath she takes, in everything she sees, in everything she feels... everywhere. Ginny has to get away: she's in for yet another lonely day... or is she?
Hitcount: Story Total: 4631







ChapterPrinter


Disclaimer: I dont own any of the characters here. Neither do I own the lyrics of this wonderful song by KT Tunstall, "Under the Weather." I just borrowed them.

--------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- -------



UNDER THE WEATHER




Ginny sat on her bed, staring out of the window. In her hands were all of Harry’s letters, and a photo taken three years ago at Bill and Fleur’s wedding, two days before Harry, Ron and Hermione went to look for the rest of the Horcruxes. In it, Ron was stuffing himself while Hermione watched him with amusement and Harry laughed his head off. It was one of the few times she’d seen Harry truly happy. His bright green eyes had a twinkle in them, and as she was watching him, smiling.


They wrote to her, but it wasn’t enough. Reading their letters wasn’t the same as talking to them face to face. It had been so long; sometimes she couldn’t even remember their voices. In those occasions, she used the Pensieve her parents had gotten her for her coming-of-age party. It could be a great help, but memories could never compare to reality, sweet as they were. Often she found herself going through the memory of the kiss after the Quidditch final in her fifth year, over and over again. It made her melt because it was so sweet, but it also made her sad because she couldn’t have Harry by her side in real life.


Grimmauld Place had been very noisy for a week already: everyone was celebrating the final defeat of Lord Voldemort. It had been in the papers: "You-Know-Who finally destroyed. His followers weak and caught." Ginny knew this meant Harry had survived, but neither Ron nor Hermione (who had come back the day before) knew where he was.


Ginny looked around her, and what she saw made her want to cry: all around her, photos of Harry and her, Harry sleeping on the couch, Harry with the twins, Harry with her parents, Harry with Fleur and Gabrielle, Harry with Ron and Hermione, Harry whispering in her ear, Harry reading under a tree. Her old diary was on the floor, open at the pages where she wrote everything Harry and she had said to each other since they started going out. Then she could stand it no longer, and she knew she had to get away. So, she took Harry’s letters and pocketed them in her robes. She went out of her room and to the kitchen. Everyone was drinking, laughing, and having a good time, so they didn’t notice her. She took some Floo Powder, threw it into the fire and shouted “The Leaky Cauldron!” before she disappeared in the flames.


When Ginny went out of the pub, it was raining heavily. She put her hood over her head and started walking towards Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes.


Under this national raincloud
I’m getting soaked to the skin
Trying to find my umbrella
But I don’t know where to begin




The shop was as full as ever, but she could easily negotiate her way through it. She went up to the counter and asked Verity about her brothers.


“Back of the shop. You know the way,” she answered quickly, without looking up from her parchment.


Ginny thanked her and went to the back, hoping Fred and George would be able to cheer her up like they always did.


She was peering around her when someone grabbed her waist. She took out her wand instinctively and turned around, ready to attack. She found herself face to face with Fred Weasley, his hands up in the air, as a peace offering. Ginny let out the breath she didn’t know she was holding and lowered her wand.


“Hey, Fred. You gave me a fright, you know.”


“You didn’t do so bad yourself,” said Fred, recovering. “I could see the Bat-Bogeys flying around my head already.”


She smiled.


“So, what brings you here, my dear sister?” asked Fred putting an arm around her shoulders.



“I don’t know,” she answered. “Guess I needed to get away.”


Fred sighed.


“To stop worrying, that’s what you need. I’m telling you, Harry’ll be fine. He always gets away with everything. This time it could be no less.”


“I’m worried, Fred. I can’t help it,” she answered, trying to bite back tears. “What if… what if he doesn’t come back?”


“You don’t really believe what you’re saying, do you?” asked Fred. He was serious, which was a sign of the importance of the conversation.


“I don’t know what to believe anymore, Fred. It’s been so long…” Those tears she’d been trying to hold back finally began to break through the surface. She didn’t want Fred to see her cry, so she ran out of the shop as fast as she could. She thought she heard Fred call after her, so she quickened her pace. She wanted to be miserable, alone. But she wasn’t alone. The heavens cried with her.



And it’s simply irrational weather
I can’t even hear myself think
Constantly bailing out water
But still feel like I’m gonna sink



She finally got to the Leaky Cauldron. She went in quickly, asked old Tom for a good cup of coffee (always good for depression) and sat in a table in the darkest corner. Then she took out his letters and began to read.




Cause I’m under the weather
Just like the world’s so sorry for being so bold
When I turn out the lights
You’re out of sight although I know that I’m not alone
Feels like home



After half an hour and three coffees, she got to the last letter. It had been written the day before the Final Battle.


My dearest Ginny,
We’ve done it. We have them all. And I thought I’d feel good when I’d finished, but I know I won’t until this is all over, so I can find my way back to you, because that’s where I’m home. I love you, Ginny. I don’t know if I’ve ever told you before, but I do. I love you in every possible way. I’ve got a feeling of emptiness in me, and it won’t be fulfilled until I hear your voice that can warm up the coldest of the evenings, until I see your smile that makes me forget the world’s still spinning around us, because I’m blinded by your light and my eyes can only see you. Believe me, it’s true… I love you.
Yours,
Harry


Ginny kept on crying, but they were tears of joy. How could she have doubted him, ever? He loved her; she knew he did.


Tom jerked her out of her thoughts.


“My dear lady” said his husky voice. “I’ve been asked to give you this to you.” He put an envelope in front of her. She looked at it, puzzled.


“Who sent it?” she asked Tom.


“You’ll find out soon enough” he said mysteriously, and went away.


She tore the envelope open.


My darling Ginny,
Isn’t Tom a good bloke? He didn’t think it twice when I asked him to deliver this to you.
I just needed you to know, now that he’s gone forever, I’ve got nothing to hide anymore, and that’s good. But the best bit is that the moment I’ve been dreaming of is finally coming to me. We’ll be together again, and soon I hope. I love you, Ginny.
Yours,
Harry



You say you feel like a natural person
You haven’t got nothing to hide
So why do you feel imperfection
Cut like a sword in your side



Ginny looked around. If Harry had given this to Tom, he had to be here somewhere. But her tears blinded her.


Cause you’re under the weather
Just like the world’s so sorry for being so bold
When I turn out the lights
You’re out of sight although I know that I’m not alonr
Feels like home


“He loves me…” she whispered.


“I do,” said a low male voice behind her.


She turned around and what she saw made her heart swell with happiness.


“Harry!” she screamed. He was standing behind her. She jumped up, threw her arms around his neck and kissed him passionately. He held her close, his arms around her waist. When they broke apart, he whispered in her ear: “I’ll never let you go again. I love you…” And that’s when Ginny knew she had never completely understood happiness, because happiness was this feeling, and she’d never felt anything so intense before. She looked into the green depths of his eyes, sinking into them…



Feels like home
Feels like home
Feels like home



Harry kissed her pouring everything he had into that kiss, and time stopped, because Harry was everything in Ginny’s world…




Yes it feels like home
Yes it feels like home






Everybody at Grimmauld Place had given Harry a great welcome, and Mrs. Weasley gave him such a bone-crushing hug that everyone thought he’d need a full bottle of SkeleGro. Ginny could see he was happy, happy like she’d never seen him before, carefree and perfect as ever. “I love him,” she thought, smiling.


He went to bed early, because he was so tired from the journey. Ginny managed to sneak into him room and crawled into bed with him. He put an arm around her waist, and when she fell asleep, it was with a smile on her lips. Only one thought lingered: she had dreamed of having him back for years, and now he was here… and reality can be much better than fiction.




Oh cause I’m under the weather
Just like the world that I need somebody to hold
When I turn out the lights
You’re out of sight although I know that I’m not alone
Feels like home




FINIS

------------------------ ---------------------------------------- ----------------

A/N: Well, I hope you liked that. Please review, and try to listen to this great song if you can. It's worth it.
Reviews 12
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear