Search:

SIYE Time:17:14 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Your Hour Now Is Late
By Motare

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley
Genres: Drama, Songfic
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 4
Summary: She was just about to dip her quill, when a sudden chill ran up her spine. She raised her head and saw that someone was approaching the house.
Hitcount: Story Total: 4233







ChapterPrinter


Disclaimer: I do not own a thing.

Your hour now is late



She lit up the candles standing on the table in the kitchen and pulled out two pieces of parchment and a quill. She had been thinking about writing to him for the last three hours. She knew that he was at home, packing and that he would be coming to the Burrow some time within the hour. She knew it might already be too late writing him before he would be on his way, but the least she could do was try. Except, she was not sure of what to write. What could you write to someone who just left you but whom you were still so deeply in love with? She was just about to dip her quill, when a sudden chill ran up her spine. She raised her head and saw that someone was approaching the house.

If what you believe in, is so sacred
That you can not love me anymore
Then I’m sorry, that your wisdom
Won’t prepare you for what’s in store


Harry was on his way to the Burrow. He was close now, he could see the dim light from the kitchen window. He had for the last time spent his holiday with the Dursleys. Well, spent and spent, he had only popped in for a moment to collect all of his belongings. They had of course been pleased to finally get rid of him, but Harry could not care less. He was just as pleased as they were to get away. Only a slight change in aunt Petunias behaviour had led him astray. She had, when he was about to leave, held out her hand. Harry had of course hesitated but after a while he grabbed it and shook it. “Be safe, Harry Potter” she had said. He had smiled weakly and closed the door behind him. When he was walking past Mrs. Figgs house he saw her peaking out the window. He knew that she was watching him, he had given her a little wave and walked away.

As Harry was very near the Burrow, he knew that there were several things he would have to deal with once he got there. First of all Ginny.

Because this bubble, that you call home
Will when the winds of change pick-up
Burst with a vengeance, and a fury
And disarray your every stone


The quill fell to the ground. Ginny got up quickly. She was not expecting him this soon. She fumbled around with the quill and parchment before running a hand through her hair a couple of times. She licked her lips and went to the door while rubbing her hands as if to warm them up. She heard noises from upstairs. They must be getting up. Her parents, Ron and Hermione had been taking nap before Harry would be arriving. She turned to the door once again. She knew he would be walking in those doors in just a few seconds. She did not know what to do with herself so she ran into the kitchen and sat down on a chair… Waiting.

You’ve got to tolerate
And not just annihilate
Facts of life and facts of fate
And I say this not from hate;

That your hour now is late
So shape up for you own sake!
That your hour now is late
So shape up for you own sake!
your own sake!


Harry knocked on the door and waited for a responds but none came. He tried again and this time he heard footsteps from the house, then hesitation. He then heard Mrs. Weasley’s voice coming from inside.

-“Wh-who is it?”

-“It’s Harry Mrs. Weasley.” A sound of a deep sigh came from Mrs. Weasley then her voice became more calm.

-“Ok Harry, you know the drill. Who is the newest member of the Weasley-family?” Harry did not need much time to think before answering, the wedding was to be held in two days.

-“Phlegm.” Harry answered. He heard the door click and Mrs. Weasley were now standing in the door smiling at him.

-“Hello, Harry. Ron and Hermione will be downstairs in a minute or two. You came earlier than expected, it is only 00.12. We thought you would be here at 01 at the earliest.” Harry gave her a hug and stepped in.

-“Well, I just needed to get out of there as fast as possible.” Harry took out a little packet from the insides of his pockets.

-“Engorgio” All of Harry’s belongings grew to its normal size and Harry arranged them in the corner. He would bring them up to the room later.

-“So, care for a cup of tea dear?” Mrs. Weasley said while trotting into the kitchen.

-“Yes please, that would be lovely Mrs. Weasley.” Harry answered following her, but he came to a halt as he saw who, apparently had not been able to sleep.

Your ideals, I find amusing
And on most I can agree
In fact we are closer to each other
But eye to eye we can not see

And I’m not perfect, I admit it
I can admit to being wrong
But as a friend, not as a brother
To you I dedicate this song


-“Hi Harry” Ginny said as he entered. She got up and went to him. She was not exactly sure of what to do, but she hugged him nonetheless. She felt Harry tensing up but she held him close. She had waited to do that for the last many hours. She could not help herself to rest her head against his chest which she felt rise and fall very fast. She felt his arms tighten around her. She thought it would never end, but of course it ended way too quickly as they heard footstep on the stairs. Harry let go of her and looked back at her as he went to greet Ron and Hermione. She slumped back into her chair when her mother came over with a hot cup of tea. She set the cup to her lips and drank slowly. Every time she rose the cup Harry went out of sight just to reappear. Then as she took the last sip, Harry went with Ron up the stairs. When Ginny set the cup down she saw him walk up the last set of stairs to disappear. She was so used to him coming back every year after fighting Voldemort. Was this what was going to happen? Was this going to be the last time he was going to be there and then be gone for good?
She felt a silent tear stream down the side of her face as she heaved for her breath. When she spoke it was so silent even she nearly missed it.

-“Goodbye Harry Potter.”

You’ve got to tolerate
And not just annihilate
Facts of life and facts of fate
I say this not from hate;

That your hour now is late
So shape up for your own sake!
That your hour now is late
So shape up for your own sake!
Your own sake!

Reviews 4
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear