Search:

SIYE Time:9:46 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Silly, School Girl Crush
By BriannaH

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Other, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Fluff, Humor, Drama, General
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 18
Summary: "What really happened between you and Harry?" Ginny stopped walking suddenly and looked into Bill's eyes. "How'd you know?" "It's not just a silly, school girl crush, is it?" "No, it isn't."
Hitcount: Story Total: 5680







ChapterPrinter


Silly, School Girl Crush
by
BriannaH


Disclaimer :: J.K. Rowling is our queen...so she owns the characters...I own the plot!

Bill, Fred, George, Ron, and Ginny (Charlie would be arriving soon) sat around the kitchen table. They were having discussions about multiple things, as was usual for the Weasley clan. Everything was going well until the twins brought up Ginny’s “love” life, as they did at least once each summer.

“Still going out-” George began.

“With Dean Thomas?” Fred finished.

“No,” Ginny said, her spirits noticeably dropping at the mention of her “love” life.

“Who are you going out with then?” Fred asked.

“Your beauty has enhanced more this year, any boy would be mad not to fall for you” George stated.

“No one.”

“You’ve got to be kidding!” Fred exclaimed.

“Every boy in Gryffindor has had a crush on her at one time or another,” Ron said.

“Even Harry Potter? The Boy Who Lived?” George said, mocking shock.

Bill didn’t like where this was going. They were already starting to be mean. You could normally expect this from the twins, and most of the time Ginny played along, shielding her hurt feelings, only to confide in Bill moments later.

“The boy you’ve had a crush on since you were born? The one who’s never looked at you twice?” Fred asked, laughing quite hard.

Ginny’s cheek pinked the very slightest, only Bill had noticed. She clenched and unclenched her fists under the table. Couldn’t her brothers see they were hurting her feelings? They probably could, but she always played along with them. They just didn’t care. They would if they knew how much they were hurting her, but they didn’t.

“Actually...” Ron began.

Ginny instantly glared daggers at Ron and he shut up.

“Actually what?” George demanded.

“Er...Michael Corners, the one that dumped her for Cho...he asked Ginny out again, but she turned him down.”

“Good girl, Ginny. He wasn’t worth anything anyway,” Fred said seriously, patting her back.

Ginny’s body went rigid and she stared at the table. She began clenching and unclenching her fists again.

Bill, sensing the tension the twins had created, said, “Ginny, would you like to come outside with me?”

“Oh look!” Fred exclaimed.

“Bill and his favorite sister!!” George proclaimed.

“She’s his only sister...” Ron said, confused.

“Nope!” George said.

“You count as well, Ronniekins!” Fred added.

Ginny, wanting to escape her temporarily demented brothers, nodded her head and quickly followed Bill through the kitchen door.

“Anything you want to talk about?” Bill inquired.

“No.” Ginny said shortly. “You?”

“Yeah, there’s more to your ‘love’ life, isn’t there? I can tell by the way you looked as if you were about to Bat Boogey Hex Ron.”

“So what if there is?” Ginny asked, shocked at her tone. She didn’t remember ever talking to Bill like this before.

“I’m your brother, I should know.”

“None of your business.”

“I’m your favorite brother.”

“It’s still none of your business!”

“What really happened between you and Harry?”

Ginny stopped walking suddenly and looked into Bill’s eyes. “How’d you know?”

“It’s not just a silly, school girl crush, is it?”

“No, it isn’t.”

“Care to elaborate?”

“Not particularly...”

“Ginny...”

“We had a little thing...”

“So he likes you?”

“I would think so.”

“So, what’s wrong?”

“He dumped me...stupid, noble git...I don’t blame him.”

“Ginny! He has to be crazy to have dumped you.”

“He’s not crazy! You try being the one who has to defeat Voldemort! You try being the one that everyone in the wizarding world depends on!”

“Defensive, are we?”

Ginny stared at the ground, and noticed they had begun walking again, for how long she didn’t know.

“Are you happy you got to date him?”

“Of course, but not for the same reasons Romilda Vane wanted to date him.”

“Ginny, why don’t you just date someone else in the mean time? Everyone knows you have tons of boys following you around.”

“Yeah, but those boys...they aren’t...Harry.”

“I see. This really isn’t just a little silly, school girl crush, is it?”

“No, Bill, I don’t think it is.”

~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~< /center>

Petunia Dursley sat at her kitchen table. She stared aimlessly out of the kitchen window. What was wrong with the boy? He hadn’t eaten in days? He didn’t even say anything to her on the ride home. She couldn’t let him die. If something happened to him, what would happen to the wizarding world? He had to eat, but she couldn’t find a way to make him do so. She had to do something!

Petunia had finally found an idea! She rushed to her room, went into her closet, grabbed a box within another box, and grabbed the letter filled with post stamps. Weasley is what the return address said. She rushed out of her room, and out the front door.

She walked to her neighbor’s house and knocked promptly on the door. The crazy cat lady, Harry Potter’s babysitter, lived here.

Arabella Figg opened the door, smiling. That is, until she saw Petunia. “What do you want?”

“Let me see an owl!”

“What?”

“I know you’re one of them! Let me see an owl!”

Arabella’s eyes widened and she immediately walked into a back room, and walked back with an owl on her arm.

“Do you have any parchment?” Mrs. Figg asked.

“No, I don’t. Do you?”

“Yes, let me get some.” Arabella again went into the back room and returned with a piece of parchment, ink, and a quill.

Mrs. Dursley sat down and began writing.

Weasley(s),

I am Petunia Dursley, Harry Potter’s guardian. He’s not eating, and I don’t know what to do. He’s not speaking, but he normally doesn’t. I’m worried for him. You are the only person I know that can help him.

Petunia Dursley


“You could have just flooed, dear.”

“I don’t much like the idea of stepping into a fire.”

~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~< /center>

Bill was sitting outside reading a book when the tawny owl stopped on the table beside him. Bill looked at curiously, he had never seen it before, must have been from one of Ron or Ginny’s friends.

He opened the letter and his eyes widened. Bill immediately disappeared with a POP.

~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~< /center>

Bill knocked sharply on the door.

A small woman answered. “Come quickly before my husband and son return.” She recognized the boy for his flaming hair.

He muttered a spell to unlock the door that Mrs. Dursley said was Harry’s and immediately burst in followed by Petunia.

Harry lazily looked at him, then turned his gaze back to his wall.

“What are you doing to yourself?” Bill asked.

“Nothing,” Harry answered, his voice raspy.

“You can’t do this to yourself.”

“Why the hell not?”

“Because if you die, Ginny will never forgive herself.”

“It wouldn’t have been her fault.”

“Don’t do this to her.”

“Everything’s ruined and it’s my fault.”

“You could try to fix it.”

“Too late. Dumbledore is gone. Voldemort is back. Ginny is safe.”

“She’s not!”

Harry’s eyes sprang open. “What do you mean?”

“None of us are safe Harry! Can’t you see that? She’s the most un-safe of all of us Weasleys. You know He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named will target her first.”

“Why would he do that?”

“Because Harry, even he knows that she means something to you, and he’ll take her to make you come.”

“That’s why I ended it.”

“Yeah, well, it’s too late now. Voldemort, I am sure, already knows.”

“How do you mean?”

“You forget Draco Malfoy went to your school, and he or his father most likely mentioned something about it. Now eat!”

“I won’t!”

“Fine then, rot in here for all I care.” Bill quickly turned out of the room.

Petunia ran after him. “You’re going to quit trying? You can’t do that!”

“I know I can’t. I’m bringing in reinforcements.”

~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~< /center>

Ginny, laying on her bed staring blankly out the window, jumped when she heard a POP to the left of her bed. She quickly swung her head around to see Bill.

“What are you doing in my room? And why couldn’t you have knocked?”

“Where’s Ron?”

“I don’t know. Why don’t you just POP into his room to find out instead of mine?” Ginny said sarcastically.

“Get Ron and come. I’ll explain everything later.”

“I deserve a minor explanation...even a one word one.”

“Harry.”

Ginny’s eyes widened and she immediately walked out of room and up to Ron’s. She knocked three, short, sharp times.

“Come in.” Ron called lazily.

She burst in. “Come on Ron. Bill said it’s important.”

“Come where?”

“I don’t know, but just come on!”

As soon as Ron and Ginny stepped out of Ron’s room, Bill put a hand on each of them, and all three disappeared with a POP.

~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~< /center>

Ginny fell onto the ground. Bill bent down and helped Ginny up. Ginny looked at the house in front of her. She gasped, “This is the house...the one his only living relatives live in.”

Ron looked wildly at her. “Yeah, this is the house, but how did you know?”

“Because he’s in there. I figured the only place he would be is at their home.”

“How do you know he’s in there?”

“I can just tell, now come on!”

Bill had already begun to walk forward. Ron rolled his eyes when he saw a lady peek out of the curtains in the home in front of them. As soon as they were all on the doorstep, she opened the door.

“Is she that Ginny girl you were speaking of earlier?”

Ginny’s mouth hung open.

“Yeah,” Bill answered.

Ron glared at Mrs. Dursley, “Why?”

“That’s the girl he has picture of. The one on his night stand. It’s the only thing he’s unpacked. Don’t waste time, go up there!”

Ginny sprinted up the stairs, she had never been inside the Dursley home before, but somehow she knew which room belonged to Harry. She pushed the door open and Harry lazily turned his head towards her. When he saw her, he jumped.

“Bill, why the hell did you bring her here?”

“Because she’s the only one who can help you.”

“But you’re endangering her.”

“So are you.”

“How am I?”

“By making her come...”

“I didn’t make her come!”

“Yes, you did. If you had been feeding yourself, I wouldn’t have had to get her.”

Harry rolled his eyes.

“Enough!” Ginny exclaimed. She grabbed the tray of food from Mrs. Dursley and walked over to where Harry was standing.

She sat beside him, and he rolled over away from her. She picked up his arm, but he yanked it away. Her eyes suddenly filled, without her wanting them to. “Harry, you have to eat. Look how thin you are.”

He ignored her.

“Harry, please...”

She began attempting to smooth his hair, a worthless, but soothing action.

“Harry, please, eat this. Eat it for me.”

Her hand dropped to his arm, she was rubbing it up and down. She racked her brain for things that would make him eat, anything.

“Ernie Macmillan sent me an owl yesterday,” Ginny began. She was telling a lie, of course, but Harry didn’t have to know that. One hand was still stroking his arm, while another grabbed a piece of bacon off of the tray. “He asked me if I would go out with him...”

Harry immediately turned towards her. “What the hell was he-”

Ginny popped the piece of bacon in his mouth. He glared at her. She placed one hand on top of his head, and her other beneath his chin. She pushed his chin up, making him chew the bacon. She grinned at him.

Bill was smiling, while Ron was looking slightly confused. Petunia simply looked dumbfounded.

“Now eat the rest of your breakfast.”

Harry nodded as Ginny got up off of his bed.

She walked over to Mrs. Dursley and held out her hand. “Hello, I’m Ginerva Weasley, most people call me Ginny. I don’t believe we’ve properly met.”

“P-petunia Dur-rsley.” Mrs. Dursley continued to stare at Ginny as if she had something stuck to her face. “Oh my God!”

“What?” Ginny asked slightly startled.

“You...you just look so much like Lily. I thought you looked familiar and I just assumed it was because I’d seen the photo Harry has.”

Ginny slowly nodded her head. She had heard someone say that she resembled Lily Potter, Harry’s mother, before. She walked back towards Harry. She leaned down gave him a light peck on the cheek and looked at Bill. “I need to go home, I have some work to do.”

Bill nodded and looked at Ron, “Ready?”

“No, come back for me in about five minutes.”

Bill nodded, grabbed Ginny’s hand, and disappeared, yet again, with a POP.

~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~,~`~< /center>

“It really is remarkable how much she looks like Lily...” Petunia muttered. “Well, I guess I’ll just leave you two be, but please hurry, my husband should arrive within the hour.”

Ron nodded and shut the door when Mrs. Dursley walked out.

“So?”

“So, what?”

“Why’d you do that to Ginny?”

“I didn’t do anything to Ginny.”

“Yeah, you did. Now, she’s going to be worrying about your nutrition for the rest of summer, as if she didn’t worry about you enough as it is.”

Harry stared at his plate, which he had pretty much cleared. He didn’t realize exactly how hungry he was until he ate that first strip of bacon.

“Can you imagine how she would feel if you were to die?”

Still no response from Harry.

“You should try thinking about others, besides wallowing in your own grief.”

Harry glared at Ron.

“Well it’s true, mate.”

“I guess it is...”

Bill reappeared with a POP.

“Just promise me something?”

“Yeah?”

“Don’t hurt my sister. And I mean that in the obvious way and that you shouldn’t put yourself in any unneeded danger,” Ron grinned when he thought about the danger Harry went through on what seemed like a normal basis. Then he added, “At least more than usual.”

Harry smiled. “I won’t.”

“Well, if this danger we’re to make you not die, then you can take it...because breaking your leg is a lot better than dying...because I think dying would hurt Ginny a lot more.”

“I promise.”

Bill smiled, “You’re coming to the wedding, right?”

“Of course!”

“Well, goodbye until then!”

“And Bill?”

“Yeah?”

“Tell Ginny something for me?”

“Yeah?”

“Tell her to save me a dance.”

“I doubt she’ll have any problem saving you a dance...even all the dances.”

Harry smiled as Ron and Bill disappeared with a POP.

Author’s Note :: Okay, I know this one isn’t that good...but it’s the longest I’ve written...and it was a mere plot bunny...and I just had to write it...even if it wasn’t that good, I enjoyed writing this one...I truly like it...Thanks to MsHellFire2005 for being my wonderful beta! If you have a moment, please review.
Reviews 18
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear