Search:

SIYE Time:20:44 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


When I Am Gone
By HENZ

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Angst, Drama, Songfic
Warnings: Dark Fiction
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 5
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2005 ***

well read it and see!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hitcount: Story Total: 2650







ChapterPrinter


OK-so my first story was a fiasco; I’m trying to improve it, but anyway I started this so I hope its slightly better than the one I wrote before! Oh and I had a problem with using italics, hope u gys understand
Oh and I don’t own Harry Potter or “when I am gone”!!




Tears streamed gently down Harry’s face, his hair still stuck up at the back, he was still the same person although he had lost some of his faith in life, but his eyes, his eyes were different, no longer were they cheery and happy. Now they were full of sadness and pain. He may only be seventeen in body but in mind he was a thousand. The images that haunted him that so often fought their way back into his mind were once again clear before him.


Have you ever loved someone so much, you'd give an arm for?
Not the expression, no, literally give an arm for?
When they know they're your heart
And you know you were their armour



Then there was that one memory, the memory that brought his soul into the deepest pit of grief, the deepest circle of hell-the part of hell reserved for traitors and mutineers. More tears slid silently down his face as he ran through that memory….


And you will destroy anyone who would try to harm 'em
But what happens when karma, turns right around and bites you?
And everything you stand for, turns on you, despite you?
What happens when you become the main source of a pain?..


Ginny stood in the door of the Burrow, her red hair draped down onto her shoulders and neck, her gentle features soothed all of Harry’s difficult and troubled emotions, she made him peaceful, at ease with himself and the world. His mind went into overdrive; taking in Ginny’s beauty, her calmness, her scent, everything about her. He shook his head, he had to concentrate, he might not see her again if he did not do this, this was for her.

Her brown eyes searched his green eyes for a sign of what he was thinking. A gentle breeze drifted in through the door lifting her hair and throwing it around her. How glorious he looked, how powerful, the beast in Harry’s chest roared in frustration and pain

Harry couldn’t bring himself to do it, no, not to Ginny, I will not do this to her: Then he saw Dumbledore lying on the grass outside Hogwarts, Sirius cold and half covered up behind the veil in the department of mysteries, Cedric lying still on the ground in that accursed graveyard, his parents motionless, dead on the floor of a small house surrounded by rubble.

Everyone he loved, well Ginny would not be hurt. NO, he would not allow it, he would not let Ginny be hurt no the matter the cost!

Harry raised his wand, Ginny’s eyes widened; Harry was breathing fast, mentally forcing himself to do this, blocking his love, his revulsion at what he was doing. Ginny’s look of confusion remained her eyes desperate, tears of pain and love dripping down her face. Harry ran through the spell in his mind.

“Do it just do it she will be safer so it one word just one spell, do it, come one just cast one spell, that’s all one spell and she’s safe” Harry’s mind was telling him top do it but his mind was no longer in control-his love was taking control.

Jerkily he shook his head, he turned the wand own head, pressing it to his temple, Ginny looked even more frightened, she began to plead with him, she was begging with him not to hurt him self. He ignored her and brought up all the images and memories of Ginny he had, all his love for Ginny…One word if you wont hurt her, forget her, Voldermort will never know if you forget her, one word, do it, save her.. His mind was trying to regain control but its power was fading.


..And when I'm gone, just carry on, don't mourn
Rejoice every time you hear the sound of my voice
Just know that I'm looking down on you smiling
And I didn't feel a thing, So baby don't feel no pain
Just smile back…


“HARRY NO, PLEASE HARRY! I LOVE YOU! DON’T HURT YOURSELF I BEG YOU ILL DO ANYTHING!” Harry looked at Ginny again, her breathing softened slightly as she whispered barley loud enough for him to hear “anything” Harry’s hand shook violently as she mouthed helplessly, longingly, please, please. Just as Harry was about to do it, just as he mustered the strength, about to make the sacrifice to protect her he heard a voice, a voice that echoed through time and death. “Love will save us. You have lost so much but you can still love, that is why you can be victorious, love will save you” Then Harry understood, he finally understood Dumbledore’s message. He understood that Ginny truly loved him.

His love let out one final cry of pain and the beast inside him broke free. Harry looked back into Ginny’s eyes, those lovely brown eyes. Slowly. Agonizingly slowly he lowered his wand. Both his and Ginny’s faces glistened with tears Ginny, fell to her knees and let her pain overcome her, breaking out into howls and sobs.

I turn around, find a gun on the ground, cock it
Put it to my brain and scream "die Shady" and pop it
The sky darkens, my life flashes, the plane that I was supposed to be on crashes and burns to ashes

Harry watched her, his heart screamed for him to go to her; to help her to save her, to take the pain away. Even as he moved one foot forward he thought of Ginny’s safety her life, her happiness. All of these meant more to him than all his money even more than his own life and his own sanity, more than his happiness.

He looked her again and felt a lump form in his throat, a barrier against the words he knew he had to say that he needed to say. Words he had never said before.

“I l-love you” he choked out the words, he had wanted to say those words for so long but it had never seemed right before. He didn’t know why now was the right time, it just was.

He never gave Ginny a chance to reply to him to say those words back, in a sudden bustle of robes he spun on the spot and with a small pop disappeared…..


And when I'm gone, just carry on, don't mourn
Rejoice every time you hear the sound of my voice
Just know that I'm looking down on you smiling
And I didn't feel a thing, So baby don't feel no pain
Just smile back


Harry felt tears come back to his face, every single day that memory came back to him, hurt him in a way that the cruciatus curse could not match. He had betrayed Ginny, he had failed to keep her safe, he had failed to keep remove her from his life. She was now the battleground; if she was to die so would Harry if she survived then it would be Voldermort who would perish.

But in that moment Harry knew, he had to tell her, she had to know, she knew he loved him but there was more.

With a flick of his wand he conjured a pen and paper then sat down, after a pause he looked at Hedwig.

“Stay here tonight I am going to need you later, is that okay?” she hooted softly, as if she knew how important this was to him.

He smiled and put pen to paper

There u have it. Oh and when u review, tell me ur favorite thing in the world (not ur girl/boy friend) a lot can be told about people from that. Ill tell u mine in the next story I write.
Reviews 5
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear