Search:

SIYE Time:23:57 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Rememberances
By bubblefairy214

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: Extreme Language
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 2
Summary: This was a ficafest challenge! Harry recieves a letter from a certain red head, and remembers some reasons why he loves her.
Hitcount: Story Total: 3954







ChapterPrinter


This was written for HGFicafest challenge last year in June.
Disclaimer: I don’t own anything. The beautiful JK Rowling does. God bless her, without her stories, I’d have no imagination!





Harry hopped out of bed, a piece of parchment held tightly in his hand. He made his way to the window and took in a deep breath. He always loved the morning after a summer storm; everything seemed so fresh and clean. He could hear the Dursleys moving around the house, but not even being stuck in Privet Drive to gain his mother's protection could take away from his good mood. In a few days he would be gone, back to the Burrow where he rightly belonged.
Harry sighed happily .The letter was from Ginny, telling him about them coming to get him in a few days. This was the Ginny, with whom he had become best friends with over the last year, after the Department Of Mysteries. The Ginny who had a crush on him. The same one who sent him a howler the summer before to yell at him for sending back unopened letters from everyone. The same one who had long auburn hair and a beautiful face full of freckles. The same Ginny, with whom he had fallen in love with that year.
Harry had finally managed to notice Ginny in a different way after she sent the howler, the summer before to yell at him for being a dope. She was her mother. She had a fiery temper, didn’t take no for an answer, and she wasn’t afraid to hex someone to get her way. Although it wasn’t just the howler, that made him see her differently. Two week later after Ginny had sent the howler, and didn’t’ get anything in return, she took the Knight Bus to Privet Drive to give Harry a piece of her mind.
Boy was Mrs. Dursley mad! Harry laughed at the memory of her. She was very determined to get upstairs to Harry, and did whatever it took to do so. She didn’t want him moping around and starving himself anymore, and unlike the rest of her family, she decided to do something about and not leave him alone. You can only leave a person alone for so long during grieving when they decide to do something to stop their pain.

**Flashback**

There she was (just a walking down the street), hair, freckles, and all, standing outside the door at number four Privet Drive. She knocked on the door, very scared of what was to come next. Would the muggles send her away? Would Harry even talk to her? Then the door opened.

“May I Help….”Petunia gasped, taking in the sight in front of her. “Lily?” she asked as calmly as she could
“Err… yes, I’m Lily.” Ginny said letting herself into the house. “Where’s Harry? What have you been doing to him? I thought by telling Dumbledore to give him to you, that’d he’d be safe, but he’s better in our world!” Ginny stopped and took a breath; then she turned on Petunia and starting shouting.
“AND NOW YOU’RE LETTING HIM MOPE AROUND YOUR FILTHY HOUSE! AND YOU’RE DOING NOTHING TO COMFORT HIM, WHEN HE HASN’T HAD ANY LOVE SHOWN TO HIM BY ANYBODY! I WOULD’VE THOUGHT BETTER OF YOU! WITH YOUR OWN BLOODY NEPHEW!” Ginny then pushed Petunia into the cupboard and locked it.

She was screaming to get out. “Yeah, how do you like it now?!” Then she heard Mr. Dursley behind her.

“What in heaven’s name do you think you’re doing?” He gasped just like his wife. “What in god’s name are you doing here? Aren’t you dead? I thought….I read…. THOSE DAMN FREAKS!” He yelled and then tried to unlock the door to the cupboard, enraged at the Wizarding World.

“Don’t you dare! She’s to stay in there! And so are you!” And Ginny pushed him in too. She knew she was going to be in so much trouble but she couldn’t care less, after what they do to Harry, they deserved it.

After laughing for a few minutes, she bounded up the stairs and took a right. Two lovely bedrooms, all furnished and comfy, definitely not Harry’s room. Then she went past the stairs and to the door that wasn’t the bathroom. Then she gingerly knocked on the door, to Harry’s bedroom.
“Come on in Ginny.” She heard Harry yell from inside.

She opened the door. “How’d you know it was me?”

Harry grinned. He hadn’t in awhile.

“I think by now I can realize when Ginerva Weasley is yelling at someone.” He looked at her and sighed. “What are you doing here? Well that’s a stupid question. Well then, how’d you get here? I don’t see a broom, and well you can’t apparate, unless you’re a spy and hiding your age, which I highly doubt”

“Oh, I took the Knight Bus. Which I don’t think is a pliable option I’ll ever resort to again.”

“Oh yeah that thing sucks.” He sat on the bed and motioned for her to sit with him. She did, and they sat together in an uncomfortable silence. Then out of nowhere Harry blurted out. “You can yell at me you know, that’s why you’re here, right?”

“Well yes it is, but I’m feeling rather nice right now.”

“Your serious? You’re not gonna hound me like you did in the howler?” He asked.

Ginny turned her body towards Harry’s.

“Harry, I know you’re grieving but stop. It’s okay to cry. And you love us, and want to protect us. We can protect ourselves! You just need to know that. I know we’re not really friends, but I care about you and so does the rest of my family. We all need you to be happy. Everyone’s sitting around at the Burrow, moping around, not caring if you sent your letters back unopened, but they are worried that you’re dead. And Harry, let me just say I’m happy you’re not dead. Who would break all the rules now that Fred and George dropped out?”

A weak smile came out of Ginny’s mouth. And then she really started hounding him.

“And now you sit here, not eating, and doing nothing. No letter saying you’re okay. Well okay, the three day check in thing, but Harry… “And she sat down next to him and gave him a hug, because by now he was in tears. “You can talk to me. I talked to Sirius at Grimauld Place last summer. He wanted everything to go smoothly, but it didn’t, and he accepted that. You need to also. And I have been possessed by Voldemort, so I can relate a little to what you’re feeling.” And with that the two just sat there hugging for all eternity.
Until Ginny spoke again.

“Well, I guess you’re coming home to the Burrow, because your aunt thinks I’m your mom, and that can never be good.”

Harry started laughing, thinking of how much Ginny actually does resemble his mother and then they sent an owl to the Weasleys to tell them that Harry was alright and they’d be home soon. Then spent the afternoon packing up Harry’s things.


**End Flashback**

Harry smiled again thinking of Ginny ‘yelling’ at him like that. It really did help him see it though. He saw how everyone loved him. Then he saw how he loved Ginny, but he was too late. She was with Dean. Which of course only lasted a month, but Harry never got the courage to ask her out. I guess you could say it was the only time that you could consider Harry Potter, the boy-who-lived, a coward.
Many would not think of him as one. Well, everyone except Ginny. She knew he was scared, and she knew he couldn’t live without anyone. But she also knew how brave he was and knew that he’d fight and lose his life for everyone else around him to live. She knew him like a book.
Ginny could tell when Harry was angry, or sad or when he was jovial, or when Harry was just relaxed. Harry didn’t really know that much about her.

‘Maybe I should start a Ginny Weasley Fan club.’ He thought, and then laughed a low grumble. ‘That’s not how she knows me so well though.’
Ginny knew Harry so well because he was so open with her. Harry told Ginny everything. She was the first and only one to know about the prophecy, when he was angry he’d tell her what was wrong. The big deal was when he had nightmares because no one could comfort Harry like Ginny could. He remembered the first time, she did.

**Flashback**

It was a late October evening Right before Halloween. The embers of the fire were dying, and the air was crisp.
Ginny was on her way down the stairs so she could get warm by the fire and go back to bed. She couldn’t sleep. Something was not right. Maybe it was the nightmare of Tom Riddle’s face but she knew that wasn’t it. She could feel an added disturbance to her restlessness.
So she came down with a book, and curled up on the couch. She almost jumped out of her socks when a voice next to her spoke.
“One of those muggle romances from Hermione, I suppose.”
After yelling things like “oh my gosh” and “holy shit!”, she turned to see none other than Harry Potter, the-boy-who-lived, right next to her, in the comfy arm chair.
“Yes, it is. Umm…” She turned over the front cover, “Table for Two. It’s two books in one. Really great. I’m only on the first one because I don’t read as quickly as Hermione.”
“Cool.” Harry replied. “What are you doing up so late at night? It’s,” Looking at the clock he told her, “two in the morning.”
Ginny put her book down, and shrugged. “I couldn’t sleep.”
“You too?”

Ginny closed her book, and looked towards Harry.

“Well, no I had a nightmare.” Harry looked at her expectantly. “And I don’t feel like reliving it but telling you! It was scary!”

“Okay, no problem. It probably has to do with Voldemort and I don’t want to listen to what he’s gone and done.” Ginny just sat there being quiet. Harry sighed. “I had a nightmare too. It was really scary.”

“Do you want to talk about it?” Ginny asked, knowing that when Harry had a nightmare, it was serious.

Harry ran a hand through his unruly hair. “I guess it might help to talk to someone.”

Ginny took both her feet and crossed them on the couch and got comfortable.

“Well it all starts in the Department of Mysteries, after Sirius goes through the veil.” Harry took a deep breath. “Something urged me to go through the veil, and I followed my godfather, flying through a deep mist. He saw me and told me to go back, or it would kill me too! But he wasn’t dead yet. And then I did the unthinkable. I took out my wand, and killed Sirius.” Harry started crying now. “And t-then, I heard V-V-Voldemor, behind me, waving his wand, and telling me that I did a good job.” By now Harry’s tears were turning into anger. “Then with a flick of his wand he took me off the Imperius Curse. I lunged after him, and then I saw you, Ron, and Hermione float through the veil and you were all dead too. And then I woke up.”

Ginny remained quiet. She didn’t know what to say.

“Harry…” What was there to say to something like that? So Ginny did what was in her heart to do. She hugged Harry with all the love and comfort she had, and told him soothing things like, “He’ll never get to us,” and “Shh, it’s okay.”
Harry never forgot that night. No questions asked, just a hug. Nothing like Ron and Hermione, where he was bombarded with questions and sent to Dumbledore. That was the day, when Harry realized that he fancied Ginny.


**End Flashback**

Harry got out of his chair next to the window and went to write back to the letter Ginny sent him. He needed to stop his memories with her, because they could on and on forever. The first kiss they shared, after which they avoided each other for days. Then they decided it was nothing and remained friends.

Dear Ginny and the Weasley Clan,
Can’t wait for you guys to arrive! Just don’t go by floo powder this time or bring a flying car. Maybe a nice portkey shall do the trick. I’m going to go pack my stuff. Thanks for the letter, I’ll be waiting. Must go tell the muggles. And tell Ron that I can’t wait to see his hot pink hair. And Gred and Forge, great job. We’ll need to try that on Malfoy sometime.
Love,
Harry



Harry smiled at his letter. Earlier that week Fred and George had turned Ron into a donkey, and when Mrs. Weasley found out, she made them turn him back. So they gave donkey Ron, a tablet, after saying “Ron you’re such a jackass, getting us into trouble.” And they giggled like little girls. When Ron ate the counter curse tablet, and returned to human form, his hair was bright pink. Even Mrs. Weasley laughed.

Then he thought of Ginny some more. Everything they’d done during his 6th year. This year he was going to ask her out for sure. He just needed to courage. He didn’t know though how or when it was going to happen. All Harry knew was that he was love.

El fin

Please review!
Reviews 2
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear