Last Embrace by Blessed



Summary: He has to go fight Voldemort, But leaving her behind will be the hardest thing he'll ever have to do.
Rating: G starstarstarstarstar
Categories: Alternate Universe
Characters: None
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 2003.08.12
Updated: 2003.08.12


Last Embrace by Blessed
Chapter 1: Last Embrace
Author's Notes:

Disclaimer : the Harry Potter world belongs to J.k Rowling, the song *You* belongs to Jennifer Love Hewitt.



Last embrace



Hold me now
Stop the morning light from breaking
Something's coming over me
Don't know what it is sub-saving
The clocks expire
They just might change everything
If I don't give you all that's waiting
Who knows what tomorrow will bring
If I try not to need you I'll be hiding from myself but all




Your arms are wrapped around me and I can’t help but wonder if we will ever be in an embrace like this again. I wish we could just stay like this forever, if it were up to me; I’d steal time so we could, if it were up to me darling the sun would never rise this morning.

You’ll never know how beautiful you are when you’re asleep Your copper hair spills like a fan on your pillow, little incoherent murmurs throughout the night as you squeeze me tighter , It’s never crossed my mind to ask you where you go when you sleep , what meets you there , the journeys it takes you on each night. If I make it out alive I’ll ask you.

If I could change this, I would for you. Just for you. I would have made sure that I never caused you this anguish that your about to be put through, you would never have suffered like in your first year and fourth when you were kidnapped, I’m sorry of the danger I put you in by being close to me , in a way it was selfish. I know if you were awake you wouldn’t agree and I know that sharp slap of yours would meet my face, Knocking sense into me, Just like it did that night in my 6th year at the Yule ball. You looked stunning that night, the jealously I felt watching Colin Creevy slow dance with you. I didn’t understand why I was feeling what I was feeling, but you did. After two years of friendship, I didn’t even realize that what I felt for you was growing into something more each day. I agree with you now, we men are very dense.


if tomorrow never comes
I would do it all again
If the light never breaks through
I would stay until the end
If I saved it all for you
I would have my faith again
Then, then I would know it's you


This has got to be the hardest thing I’ll ever have to do. Leaving you behind. People think the Boy who Lived is strong, I guess I am, but when I’m around you I’m not.
I don’t want to do this to you Ginny , But it’s what’s best for you , it’s what’s best for all of us , I have to make a better tomorrow for the future generation , unlike us , they will be free to be young, they won’t have to grow old , their innocence won’t be viciously stolen. I can like it or not, but this is my fate and I have to take this along with the rest of it, and I’m not scared. I’m getting revenge for everyone whose love ones were taken from them.


Won't shed a tear for more than just a moment
try not to let myself go crazy
Tomorrow may not come
so I won't
hold you here
unless you wanna fight about it
I would gladly let you win
cause I don't need to write this ending
if I just trust the stillness
Somehow it won't hurt so bad
Oh


I have to go now before everyone awakes, I just hope you remember Ginny, I would do this all again, cause what I have here right now, means more to me then you will ever know. I suspect If I come back you will kill me for doing this to you, I can remember you saying you don’t have to fight this alone Harry. But I do, and I will.

I Unlatch your hands from around my waist and kiss them softly, a huge lump in my throat forming and before I can get a hold of myself one tear rolls down my cheek, oh God, Please don’t let me cry, If I do I know I won’t be able to stop and if that happens I won’t be able to do this.

If tomorrow never comes
I would do it all again
If the light never breaks through
I would stay until the end
If I saved it all for you
I would have my faith again
Then, then I would know



I lean over and place a small wilted Lilly on my pillow for you to see when you wake up, it’s brown from age, but I know you won’t mind as it’s from the very plant we stood by when we shared our first kiss.


I look out the window, the sky now a dusty pink I grab my wand and walk to the door and pause, I can’t look back.


If tomorrow never comes
I would do it all again
If the light never breaks through
I would stay until the end
If I saved it all for you
I would have my faith again

Then, then I would know
then, then, then I would know it's you



Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.siye.co.uk/siye/viewstory.php?sid=186