Molly’s Troubles by Ironhidensh



Summary: Molly knows that best friends Harry and Ginny Are perfect for each other. If only they could see it. While visiting WWW, she will find something to help them along, but be careful what you wish for!
Rating: PG-13 starstarstarstarstar
Categories: Alternate Universe
Characters: None
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 2021.05.03
Updated: 2021.05.22


Index

Chapter 1: Chapter 1 Elixir of Fancy
Chapter 2: Chapter 2 The Trouble With Wards
Chapter 3: Chapter 3. Epilogue


Chapter 1: Chapter 1 Elixir of Fancy

Author's Notes: My first attempt a fan fiction. Just a fun little idea I got off of a reddit discussion from a few years ago. I hope you enjoy!


Molly’s Troubles
By
Ironhidensh


As these things tend to happen, it all started on a perfectly normal day. For once, Molly Weasley had her entire family at the Burrow, including her surrogate children, Harry Potter and Hermione Granger. Along with her seven natural children, as well as her and her husband Arthur and her oldest son Bill’s newly weed wife Fleur, it was quite a full house. They were planning on celebrating her daughter Ginny’s sixteenth birthday that night, and Molly was quite looking forward to the big dinner that evening. It was a special day for her youngest child, and Molly had a plan to make it unforgettable for Ginny.

Molly tried to make as little noise as possible as she crept down the old stairs to start breakfast for the family. Cooking for her loved ones was truly one of Molly’s greatest joys in life. Some people may have thought that being a house witch was an insult and step down for a witch of Molly’s skill and power, but she would choose no other life. She and Arthur had made the decision to put family first many years ago, and after seven children, she still had no regrets. In recent years, Harry and Hermione had very much become part of her family as well, spending much of their time out of school with the Weasley clan. While they may not have ever had much gold or material possessions, they never lacked for food or love in the Burrow.

As she stepped off the stairs onto the small landing, Molly heard soft voices coming from the living room to her right. She walked over and found Harry and Ginny sitting on the sofa, heads bent toward one another and small smiles on their faces. Oh, what Molly would not give for these two to get their heads on straight and realize how perfect they were for each other. She had watched them for years as they danced around one another, ever since the Chamber incident. She had watched them pass on other interested partners, but still not take a chance with each other. She was getting tired of watching.

These two children of hers, and yes, she considered Harry to be one of hers, had been through so much in their short few years. Both touched by a madman consumed with evil. She thanked Merlin everyday that Dumbledore had been able to end the reign of Voldemort two years ago, when he had kidnapped poor Harry from that ridiculous tournament. She was so thankful that he and Sirius, with a handful of Hogwarts Professors and Aurors, had found Harry immediately after he disappeared, and fought off the Death Eaters there, as well as Voldemort. Sirius had died in the attempt, but his sacrifice saved Harry from a third killing curse, as he had just miraculously survived a second. After they brought Harry back to Hogwarts, with a captured Dark Lord, she had thought the two kids would finally embrace their feelings, as Ginny had charged out onto the Quidditch pitch like a miniature red missile, and quite literally tackled Harry in a hug. Things quickly returned to the status quo, however, and Molly and Arthur were finally allowed to rescue Harry from those blasted Dursleys.

Voldemort’s capture and subsequent interrogation had led to the discovery of his Horcruxes, their locations, and the names of all marked and unmarked Death Eaters. The cleaning of house at the Ministry had been massive and chaotic, but the peace their world now enjoyed had been worth it. With the end of the Death Eaters, and the execution of Voldemort by veil, along with his Horcruxes, Dumbledore had declared the blood wards at the Dursleys no longer necessary. Harry had lived at the Burrow ever since. That first summer was hard, as Harry greatly struggled to come to terms with the deaths of Cedric and Sirius, as well as the ritual that Voldemort had performed to regain his body. Not to mention, the dying and returning bit. With the love of the Weasleys, and Ginny’s constant presence at his side, Harry had found joy in life again. Now, with the weight of the world removed from his too young shoulders, he seemed like a new man.

That was why Molly found it so very frustrating that he and Ginny were not an item yet. The two were a match written in the stars, for Merlin’s sake. Everybody around them could see it. The twins had even started a betting pool within the family for when they finally got together. Of course, they also required magical vows to never tell Ginny of this. Those two might be fearless troublemakers, but they were deeply terrified of their sister’s temper, and rightly so. Molly planned to end the need for that pool today.

“Good morning, dears!”, she greeted Harry and Ginny, smiling slightly as the two started as if jerked away from their own little world, “would you like to help me get started with breakfast? The rest of the lot should be up and down soon”.

“Of course, Molly. What can I do?” Harry asked. It had taken months to get him to stop calling her Mrs. Weasley, she wondered how long it would take him to call her mum. “Would you like me to get started on some eggs and bacon?” Harry got up and started walking toward the kitchen.

“That would be great dear”, Molly smiled at him, “Ginny, if you could start setting the table?”

“I’ll actually go take a shower, if you don’t mind mum.” Ginny stated as she stood up and stretched. Molly did not miss the way Harry’s eyes darted toward her daughters’ body as she did this. Nor did she miss the slight grin of satisfaction on Ginny’s face as she noticed as well. In Molly’s mind, it was just further proof of the rightness of the two teens.

“No worries, Ginny dear. You go right ahead. I dare say Harry and I should be able to handle things. Nothing quite like a man who knows his way around the kitchen, I always say!” she said with a wink at Harry. For his part, Harry just blushed as good as a natural born Weasley. “Feel free to start waking all those lay abouts up when you are finished, as well”. Ginny got up from the sofa and, with one last glance at Harry’s retreating backside, headed up the stairs toward the bathroom.

Molly and Harry got to work in the kitchen, and soon, the smells and sounds of a huge Weasley breakfast were filling the Burrow. Molly had at first tried to keep Harry from helping in the kitchen, as she felt the years of slave labor the Dursleys had put him through were more than enough for a lifetime of kitchen duty. She soon found, however, that Harry was incredibly talented at cooking, and that he really enjoyed it as well. She had quickly come to view it as a bonding time for them. Much the same as Arthur did when he took Harry out to his shed to work on his muggle contraptions. Molly had come to love this boy as much as her own in this very kitchen, and now she would not trade this time for all the gold in Gringotts.

Yes, it was time to bring Harry and Ginny together. They just needed a little push. Molly believed she had found that push just the day before while visiting the twin’s joke shop in Diagon Alley. She thought back to the day before, and the little talk she had had with Fred

“Morning mum, what brings you here today?” Fred asked as the Weasley matriarch made here way through the ever-present crowds to the counter where Fred was working.

“Oh, nothing much, I was just out for some errands, and thought I’d stop by. How is business?”

“Hopping like mad, mum. We think we may have to expand the business already. George is in Hogsmeade making an inquiry to purchasing Zonko’s.” Fred had more than a little pride in his voice as he relayed this. “We don’t think this building will handle the customer load for much longer, if business keeps growing like this.”

“That’s so wonderful to hear, Fred! I know I gave you two such a hard time when you were starting this, but I’m so happy I was wrong.”

“Thanks mum! For that, you can help yourself to any item in the store today, free of charge!” Fred beamed.

“In that case, I’ll just take a quick peek around!” Molly headed for the pink toned section off to the side. As she did, she noticed a rack full of small, violet colored bottles. The rack was labeled as holding ‘Potions for Lovers’. Molly hitched in a breath and quickly switched back to mother mode. “Fred!” she hollered back at the counter, “please tell me you are not selling actual love potions!”

“Of course not, mum!” Fred scowled in outrage. “These are nothing of the sort. They are vials of a new potion George and I came up with. See, they lower a witch or wizards’ natural inhibitions, and make it easier to approach the one they fancy. They only work on the normal, natural feelings of the person drinking. You actually have to be in love for any danger.”

“What do you mean, it lowers inhibitions. That sounds a bit risky and inappropriate to me.”

Fred sighed, “Its like this mum, say there was a bloke you fancied, but just never had the courage to tell. Maybe you were afraid you would ruin a friendship, maybe you were afraid of rejection…” at this Molly’s ears perked up, but Fred failed to notice “… maybe you just aren’t good at talking to blokes. This potion simply removes those barriers and gives you an urge to make your feelings known. We call it The Elixir of Fancy.”

Molly thought about this for a moment, then looked back at the rack “I guess that doesn’t sound too bad at that. What kind of danger could being in love bring, though?”

Fred raised an eyebrow at his mother and gave her a bit of a leer with his answer, “well, let us just say for a couple already in love and…. Involved, if you will, this little potion will add quite a bit of spice to the bedroom!”

“Fred! Why would you and your brother make something like that?” Molly was a bit shocked at this.

“Its one of our best sellers mum, particularly with older witches. Guess their wizards just need a little boost in the bed.” Fred laughed at the scandalized look on his mothers’ face. “Trust me mum, everything is perfectly safe and well tested. We even made sure to have Ministry approval before we put this on market.”

That seemed to pacify Molly a bit more. “I still think it’s a bit scandalous, but if the Ministry approves...” Molly thought for a minute, an idea starting to form. “Fred, I’ll take two of these in that case. I dare say Arthur and I could stand a little spice every now an...”

“MUM!” Fred interrupted Molly with a horrified shout, “I’ll give you unlimited store credit if you please, for the love of Merlin, never ever finish that sentence!” Fred was starting to look a little green around the gills.

“Well, if you’re sure then, dear, I’ll just grab two and be on my way. Be sure you and George are at the Burrow for Ginny’s party tomorrow.”

“We’ll be there tonight, actually, Mum. We are going to close the shop tomorrow and take a bit of a break.” Fred still looked a little pale, as if he were struggling to erase an image from his mind. “Be good to see the whole family again.”

“Okay son, I’ll see you tonight. Love you.”

“Love you too, mum!”

Molly patted the two small vials in the pocket of her robes. Yes, tonight should be interesting indeed. She smiled and went back to cooking.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

That night, the dinner table of the Burrow was quite full. As always, Harry and Molly had prepared an amazing spread of food, including all of Ginny’s favorites. The Weasley clan surrounded the table, and several lively conversations were taking place. At the head of the table, Arthur, Bill, and Percy, were deep in discussion over the newly elected Minister Bones latest directives in setting a new course for the ministry. Next, Charlie, Fred, George, and Ron were discussing the current Quidditch standings. At the other end, Molly was fondly listening in as Hermione fretted over her upcoming Newt year to a thoroughly amused Harry and Ginny, while Fleur gave advice. Molly could not help but notice the many sly glances and shared smiles the two kept giving one another as Hermione ranted on. It was time to enact her plan.

“Harry, Ginny, would you two like some more pumpkin juice?” Molly asked with an almost Dumbledorish twinkle in her eye.


“Sure, mum”


“That would be great, Molly”

“Well, I’ll be right back then, dears.” Molly got up and went over to the counter. Careful to make sure her turned back was blocking view from the table, Molly quietly pulled the two vials out and poured the contents into two glasses. She had been worried about the color, but the liquid was clear. She then filled the glasses up with juice, pushed the empty vials to the back of the counter, picked up the glasses, and took them back to Harry and Ginny. She did not see the sly smile on Fred’s face as he observed from his spot at the middle of the table.

“Thanks, Molly” Harry said for both he and Ginny, as he took the glasses from her. He handed Ginny hers, then took a big swallow of his own. He stopped, with a slight frown on his face, as if something were off. Ginny, repeating his action, did the same. They looked at each other, smiled, then looked away, both with a bit of a blush. Molly silently cheered in her mind.

Harry and Ginny very quickly finished off their drinks, and tried to keep up with Hermione, but they seemed to be having trouble concentrating. Harry also appeared to be starting to sweat. Ginny’s breathing was starting to deepen. Let it never be said that Hermione was a fool, she quickly noticed that something was off. “Ginny, are you okay?” She asked the red-headed young witch next to her.

“Yeah, I, uh, just… I’m feeling a bit warm all of the sudden”, Ginny replied. She was now locking her chocolate brown eyes directly on Harry’s emerald ones. Both sets were noticeably darkening. Harry’s breathing was starting to quicken as well.

“You both are looking a little off” Hermione said with some concern. The rest of the table was starting to notice now as well. Molly was a little concerned. This was not the reaction she was expecting. She chanced a look at Fred and saw that he was frowning as well.

“Why are you two sweating so much, its not that warm in here” Ron blurted out, drawing even more attention the teens predicament. “and stop staring at each other. It’s weird.”

Harry started to stand up, eyes still locked on Ginny “You want to go for a walk Gin?” he asked in a rather husky voice. Ginny just stared back at him.

“No, “ her voice was just as husky, “that takes too damn long”.

Then, to the utter horror and astonishment of the rest of the table, Ginny stood up, climbed on the table and quite literal jumped Harry.

His response could best be described as enthusiastic, catching her in midair, wrapping one arm around her waist, and the other around her bum, as she locked her legs around Harry’s waist, and her arms around her neck. The two than procced to snog the living daylights out of each other.

The Weasleys and Hermione continued to stare in shock.

Harry spun himself and Ginny around, slamming through the kitchen door and into the living room. Ginny kicked the door closed behind them. Then, Molly quite clearly hear Harry ask “Bedroom?” to which Ginny responded, “No, couch is closer.” They then felt a pulse of magic come from both Harry and Ginny, as several locking and privacy wards suddenly snapped into place around the Burrow’s living room.

“What the hell is he doing to Ginny!” Shouted Charlie, as the shock finally started to wear off from the kitchen’s occupants. He rushed at the door only to bounce off an invisible barrier. Bill stared waving his wand at the living room.

“Damn, those are some strong wards,” He exclaimed, “I don’t know if I can bring them down.” Percy joined bill in casting diagnostic chams at the wards. He was looking amused.

“I don’t know if you should, my love,” Fleur said with a rather wicked smile, “they looked to be quite enjoying themselves to me. You interrupt them and they’ll be quite mad, I should think.”


“Bloody hell, that’s too bad for them. Just where does Harry get off attacking Ginny like that?” Ron demanded. He was starting to look quite angry. “Doesn’t he know sisters are off limits?”

George grinned at Ron, “didn’t look like he cared too much, little brother”.

“Oh, my” was all Hermione could squeak out. Arthur just continued to stare at the door.

“But…that wasn’t…they…” Molly found herself stammering.

Fred seemed to shake himself out from his stupor. He looked at the counter to where Molly had left the empty violet vials. He then looked at his mother. “Just how sure are we that Harry and Ginny weren’t dating?” He asked the room at large.

“They’ve never said anything to me.” Arthur replied, “and for as long as Ginny used to have that crush on Harry, if he had started to return those feelings, I think we would know.”

“Ginny would have told me if she had a boyfriend,” Molly said, still rather shook up.

“Actually, they are.”

The whole room turned to look at Hermione.

“You said what?” Ron said.

“Harry and Ginny have been dating since shortly after he pulled her out of the chamber,” Hermione said in an exceedingly small voice. She was blushing quite brightly and looking down at the floor. “They kept it secret because they were afraid of how you all would react. They did not want a big deal to be made, or for her brothers to gang up on Harry. They just wanted to be with each other in peace without anyone interfering. They did not really start to get serious until Harry came back from that graveyard, though. At that point they were afraid of being told they were too young, even though they love each other very much.” She was mainly looking at Ron as she said this.

Ron rose to the bait quite predictably. “That’s rubbish! I think I’d have known if my best mate had been dating my baby sister for several years! Harry has never shown any interest in her. Hell, he’s never shown any interest in any girl! Not even after Moldyshorts was gone! He’s trying to take advantage of her silly crush!”

“Thanks for proving their point, Ron!” Hermione yelled back. “That kind of attitude is exactly what they were afraid of! How dare you…”

“That’s enough of that!” Arthur shouted, cutting across the argument before it got into high gear. The sounds coming from the living room were starting to worry him. “We can figure out relationships later. I think we need to get into that room as fast as possible.” He looked to his eldest son, “Bill, any luck on those wards?”

“No, dad, and I don’t think we can. I taught Harry and Ginny how to raise these, and they are quite strong.”

“Thanks for that, by the way,” Percy muttered under his breath. A little louder he said, “maybe we should call Professor Dumbledore?”

Charlie frowned at him, “they’re just snogging. Do we really need to involve anybody else?”

“Yes, we do, and as quickly as possible,” Fred said with a horrified look on his face. “Mom gave them Elixir of Fancy.” At this George lost the smile he’d had at the whole thing and looked at Molly in
shock.

“You didn’t?” George gasped at her.

“Well”, Molly started, “I just wanted those two to be together. We’ve all seen how good they are for each other. I thought they were so afraid of losing their friendship that they would never make a move for each other. I just wanted to give them a push in the right direction.” She managed to look quite ashamed of herself.

“They’ll be making some moves soon enough,” Fred said with a disturbed look on his face. “If we don’t get in there and separate them, they’ll be shagging on the living room floor. You really want to have to replace those rugs, mum?”

“They wouldn’t dare,” exclaimed Percy.

“The potion will make them dare, Perce,” George told him. “we made it too. Though, its usually bought by married folk. If they are as much in love as Hermione says though, it’ll work the same on them. They won’t really be able to stop themselves. Think of a hyped up lust potion, with out the forced business.”

Hermione looked like she was ready to run away. “why couldn’t they put up some silencing charms as well?” she asked as she stepped back from the door, and the low moans starting to sound from behind it.

“I’m sure that those two have more self control than that” Molly stated. “If we just give them a minute to…”

“Just fucking rip them off, Harry! I’m ready now!” came Ginny’s breathless exhortation from the living room. Cutting off Molly’s rant. Molly squeaked and jumped away from the door.

“Oh, Gin, your body is so…” Whatever Harry was saying was cut off as five silencing charms hit the door at the same time. Arthur, Bill, Percy, Fleur, and Hermione looked at each other rather sheepishly.

“Okay, Percy, go call Dumbledore” Charlie looked like he had seen a ghost.

“My baby girl,” Arthur said rather sadly.

Back to index


Chapter 2: Chapter 2 The Trouble With Wards

Molly’s Troubles Chapter 2
By
Ironhidensh


Thirty minutes later, Bill was still waving his wand at the living room, looking for a weak spot in the wards. He was deeply regretting teaching Harry and Ginny how to put them up. There was a pulse of magic and the wards almost seemed to flare up. It was enough to make Bill stumble back a step. “That’s the third time, what the hell?” He muttered to himself. A few minutes after they had gone up, a small pulse of magic had strengthened them. Then, a few minutes later again, it had repeated. This was the third time, but it felt much stronger than the first two pulses. Strong enough to physically push him back from the door.

There was a sudden flash of green from the fire pit, and Albus Dumbledore stepped into the kitchen. “Good evening, Arthur, Molly. What seems to be the trouble?” The ancient wizard asked respectfully.

Before Arthur or Molly could answer, Ron stood up, ears blazing red, and started to shout at the rather shocked headmaster. “Potter forced my sister into the living room to shag her and you need to break the wards down so I can give him an arse kicking!”

“Ron! How dare you! Harry is your best friend! You know he wouldn’t do that!” Hermione screamed; her bushy brown hair looked a bit more wild than usual.

“And yet, he dragged her in there right in front of us! We all saw it!” Ron was looking a bit wild himself.

“Actually, my little Ronnikins, it looked to me as if Ginny was quite willing to get dragged away.” George countered with a smirk.

“Enthusiastically willing, as a matter of fact, my dear brothers.” Fred agreed in amusement.

“I’d say disturbingly willing”, Charlie joined in. He did not look particularly amused.

“I thought it quite romantic, and long overdue” Fleur remarked from her place next to Percy. Her brother-in-law looked at her a bit shocked. “Overdue?” he asked.

“Yes, those two have been drowning in tension ever since I have known them. They have needed this.”

“You don’t think they are a bit young?”

“They have not been young since they came out of that despicable chamber.”

That managed to silence the room. Even Ron and Hermione stopped arguing.

Dumbledore took this moment to speak up. “I’m sorry, but perhaps if somebody could explain, perhaps without emotions running wild?” His twinkle seemed directed straight at Ron. For his part, Ron managed to look slightly ashamed. Hermione still looked pissed.

“We will, Albus,” Arthur stated, stepping forward, “but first, if you could take a look at these wards that Harry and Ginny have put up around the living room?”

Dumbledore looked questioningly at the Weasley Patriarch, but nevertheless, he strode to the living room door, smiled at Bill, and pulled out his wand to start examining the wards.

“It doesn’t appear that the children have erected these silencing charms. If you could remove them, it will be easier to examine the wards.” He stated in a rather lecturing tone of voice. The rest of the room looked at each other rather uneasily.

“You really don’t want to hear what’s going on in there, trust me” Bill said with a slightly green face.

“Perhaps not, William, I fear I must take the risk anyway if I am to understand. How long have you been trying to take them down?”

“For just a little over a half hour, now.” Dumbledore’s eyebrows raised at that.

“And you have made no progress?”

“I have, but every few minutes, there seems to be a pulse of magic that strengthens them.” Bill was frowning as he said this. He did not like to fail at a task. Dumbledore, for his part, seemed to gain even more of a twinkle to his eye.

“Still, I shall need them down. If it makes you feel better, you can place them up
again the moment I say.”

“I really don’t think you want to hear this.”

“I assure you; it is nothing I have not heard before. I have overseen a school full of teenagers for quite some time now.”

“Okay, I really don’t think I want to hear this.” There was quite a bit of agreement from the rest of the gathered family.

“My dear boy, I’m sure you couldn’t think so little of Mr. Potter and Miss Weasley to accuse them of inappropriate behavior?” If Dumbledore’s eyes were to twinkle any more, they would start to induce seizures. Arthur choked back a sob, and Molly buried her face in her hands, tears streaming down her cheeks.

“Fine then, have it your way.”

Arthur, Hermione, Fleur, Bill, and Percy raised their wands, and with a quick flick, all five silencing charms were removed.

The regret was immediate.

“Right there, Harry, lift my leg higher!”

“Gods, Gin, I’m not gonna… I can’t…”

Dumbledore’s eyes went wide and his face paled a little. He frantically began to wave his wand at the wards, Bill right beside him, his face a deep Weasley red. Hermione stuck her fingers in her ears and closed her eyes. Fleur had a very wicked looking grin on her face. The twins looked quite torn between laughing, crying, or vomiting. Charlie was slowly banging his head against the wall. Percy looked scandalized, and Ron simply ran outside.

“Why the hell were we waiting to do this?” The husky tone of Ginny’s voice was something most of the room hoped to never hear again.

“I know, we could have been doing this for the last year!” Harry sounded as if he had been running a marathon. Dumbledore started to turn a little green and began to jab his wand in the air.

“Whatever your doing, Professor, it seems to be working! I’m starting to see the edge of the ward!” Bill exclaimed through gritted teeth. The moans from behind the door were very distracting.

“I’m so close Harry, don’t stop, don’t ever stop!”

“I love you so much Ginny!”

Dumbledore started working more frantically. Arthur joined Ron outside. Molly sat down on the floor, still silently crying.

“There! There! I’ve got an in!” Shouted Bill, “if we start lifting right here, we can finally…”

“HARRY! YES! YES!”

“GINNY, OH GOD!”

The pulse of magic that went into the wards this time not only strengthened them and restored what Bill and Dumbledore had managed to undo, but it also knocked the two a good six feet backwards onto the kitchen floor. Very quickly, Hermione placed a rather strong silencing charm back on the door.

Dumbledore stood up and brushed some dust off the front of his robes. “Yes, thank you Miss Granger.” He quickly waved his wand at the living room wall and took a quick look at the wards. He sighed in defeat at the results. “Well, they are even stronger than before now. I do however, have an idea as to what is happening to them now.” He looked at Bill, his trademark twinkle back in his eyes. “Perhaps it is time for that explanation now?”

Molly stood up, wiping at her eyes, “I’m afraid this is all my fault, Headmaster.” She said in a quiet, tearful voice. “I may have overstepped and…”

“May have overstepped? Mum, what the hell were you thinking?” Fred looked quite angry. An odd expression on the typically fun loving young mans face. “Why in Merlin’s name did you slip them potions? That is your own daughter in there!”

“You said it would just make them act on their true feelings! Overcome their shyness!” Molly was starting to get some of her trademark fire back.

George jumped into the fray “why did you sell her Elixir of Fancy in the first place, Fred?”

“She said she was going to use it on dad!” Fred looked a little sick relaying that.

Percy started to choke on the butterbeer he has just opened. Bill turned green.

“That’s even worse!” George yelled back.

“Excuse me! How is that worse?” Molly was gearing up for full rage. “I’ll have you two know that…”

BANG! They never found out what, as Dumbledore let off a cannon blast from his wand, bringing the row to a hasty close. “Now then, if we could have some calm, perhaps we could start at the beginning?” He calmly asked without throwing anyone against a wall and yelling in their face.

Molly took a deep breath and started talking. “Well, yesterday I was visiting Fred in his shop. I saw a new potion on a rack and asked him about it. He said it was to help people overcome their own insecurities and talk to the person that they truly fancied.” She looked at the living room door and shuddered. “He also said it had some enhancing effects for a couple in love in the bedroom, but I…” she broke off with a small sniffle. “I didn’t know Harry and Ginny were a couple. They apparently hid it very well.”

“I don’t understand, is it a love potion?” Dumbledore said with a frown.

“No”, George replied. “It’s a bit of a new recipe. You see, it acts on a persons actual, true feelings. It doesn’t create them, and it can’t be keyed to work on anyone in particular.”

“You see, the problem with love potions is the forced component. They make somebody feel something, and then act on those feelings, against their will. They have no choice.” Fred took up the narrative. “what we made only enhances the feelings you already have. If you like a girl but are too afraid or shy to talk to her, this elixir gives you the boost you need.”

“That isn’t what makes it so popular though,” George picked up, “it’s the effects on two people already in love. It takes the desire you have for each other and enhances it by quite a bit. For most couple in love, that desire takes a rather specific direction and outlet. It is exceedingly popular with older couples who have gotten in a bit of a rut.”

“I’ve never seen it work that strongly before.” Fred said, looking at the living room door.

“I see.” Said Dumbledore. “I was not aware that young Mr. Potter and Miss Weasley were an item. I take it that was a surprise to you all as well?”

“No, sir, I knew. I think I was the only one they trusted to tell.” Hermione spoke up. “They were worried about people interfering with their relationship,” she said this with a glare out the door Ron had escaped from, “and wanted a chance to let it grow on its own. They have been together since Harry saved her from the Chamber all those years ago.” She had tears in her eyes now, “Please don’t be mad at them! They planned to tell everyone tonight!”

Bill was looking rather murderous “Are you telling me Potter has been shagging my baby sister since she was twelve?” He demanded.

“Ginny would never! She is a good girl!” Molly fired right back.

“Harry would do no such thing!” Hermione defended her best friend.

Percy snorted at that, “the activities in the other room would say otherwise, Hermione.”

“They hadn’t taken this step in their relationship yet”, Hermione repeated. “Trust me, I’ve been listening to Ginny complain for over a year about it.”

“What do you mean?” Fleur asked.

“Harry has insisted that they wait to get more, uh, physical until they were married, or at least engaged.”

Fleur grinned. “I can’t imagine that sat too well with Ginevra.”

“No, it didn’t. She used to go on and on about how foolishly noble Harry was.”

“My Bill was the same way, took me an entire afternoon to get rid of that foolishness in him.”

“Fleur! That’s private!” Bill actually looked embarrassed.

Dumbledore cleared his throat. “I think we are getting a bit off track here. Molly, am I to understand you gave Harry and Ginevra this potion?” He sounded more amused than anything.

“Well, I didn’t know they were dating!”

“Molly, how many times have I asked you not to meddle in the children’s lives?” Arthur had come back inside with Ron. He did not look amused. “If this had not have worked” He shuddered, “what would you have used next, and actual love potion?”

“Of course not! Fred said this was safe!”

“I also said it would make two people in love shag like rabbits!”

“I didn’t know they were in love!” Molly was starting to look a bit frantic.

“Wait, Harry was potioned?” Ron had finally caught on. “So, he isn’t taking advantage of Ginny?”
Hermione huffed at him and took a few steps away.

“From the look of it, I’d say Ginny was taking advantage of Harry.” Fleur remarked. She seemed to be finding this whole thing very humorous.

Arthur looked at Dumbledore, “Albus, have you figured out a way to bring the wards they put up down so we can stop the children?”

“I think we are a bit past that point, now, dad.” Charlie drawled. He still looked to be a bit sick.
“Indeed.” Stated Dumbledore. “As it is, I think I have figured out what is going on. Tell me Fred, George, how long does the effects of this ingenious potion last?” He looked to the twins.

Fred and George looked at each other in contemplation. “I guess it would depend on the stamina of the users,” Fred answered.

“Harry and Ginny are 17 and 16, and excellent quidditch players in the best of shape.” Hermione let everyone know.

George sighed in defeat. “So, a couple of hours most likely.”

“As I feared.” Dumbledore sighed and sat down. “Those pulses of magic we felt, I believe I know what they are. It was accidental magic from Mr. Potter and Miss Weasley. Every time they, er, completed, if you will” shudders were felt all around the table. Fleur actually laughed out loud. “they released a bit of their magic. The small pulses were most likely Miss Weasley, and the larger ones were from Mr. Potter. The exceptionally large one was from them both.” As if to prove his point, a small pulse of magic was released into the wards, followed a few seconds later by a larger one.

Percy added a second silencing charm to the door. Just to be sure.

“So, you’re saying we have to just wait until they are finished?” Bill asked incredulously.

“I’m afraid I see no other alternative, outside of ripping them down with brute force…” Dumbledore was cut off by Ron.

“So, let’s do that then! Right now!” Ron rolled up his sleeves and pulled out his wand.

“Don’t be stupid, Ronald” Hermione pushed his wand arm back down. Ron’s face went pink.

“It’s not stupid! It’s stupid to just let them shag it out!”

“Just ripping wards down like that can cause a massive magical blowback that can hurt the caster quite severely! Are you willing to risk hurting Harry and Ginny just because you wish it were you and Lavender in there?”

“What? No! What does that have to do with anything? Lavender isn’t my sister; I just don’t want Harry in there with Ginny!”

“You unbelievable prat! How can…”

“Enough!” Molly bellowed, “You two can go outside if you want to keep rowing!”

“Thank you, Molly.” Albus looked over the rest of the room. “Once Harry and Ginevra are done with their, well, discussions, then we should be able to remove the wards. Assuming they don’t just take them down themselves.”

“From what we understand,” George said, “They will probably fall asleep as soon as the Fancy runs its course.”

Bill stood up, “Well, I’m not about to wait around here. I say we go to the Leaky and have a pint or two.”

“I’m with you.” Charlie readily agreed.

“No argument from me.” Percy joined in.

Fred and George joined them, “We’ll even pay!”

“I never turn down a free drink”, Dumbledore said happily.

“Then it’s a plan. Come along, Molly, Ron, Hermione.” Arthur declared.

As she walked out, Fleur turned toward the twins, “I think I would like to buy some of your excellent potion for Bill and myself.” She gave them quite a saucy smile. “Do you have a family discount? I may even want to buy in bulk.”

Bill gulped and looked a little pale.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Harry slowly awoke to the feel of warm sunlight on his face, and a rather comfortable weight draped across his chest. The familiar and much-loved smell of wildflowers tickled his senses as awareness started to return to the young wizard. He opened his eyes and was greeted with the familiar sight of fiery red hair spread out across him, and the feel of small buy strong arms hugging him. While it was not the first time he had awoken in bed with Ginny, something defiantly felt different this time. She shifted on top of him, and suddenly that difference became very apparent.

They were both completely naked.

The memories of the night before flooded back into Harry’s mind, and even though he was vaguely sure he should be alarmed, a rather goofy smile overtook his face.

“Ginny, wake up my love,” he whispered into her hair.

“Mmm, not now Harry, I’m still sleeping.”

“I need to get out of your room before your parents wake up.”

“No, I’m too comfortable. Just stay a little longer.” Ginny held him a little tighter.

Harry smiled that goofy smile again, “as much as I want to, love, I think its time to get up.”

“I quite agree, young man!”

At the sound of Molly’s voice, Ginny shot straight up, flinging the covers off both her and Harry. The Weasley family gathered Infront of the sofa did not enjoy the show. Molly shrieked and turned around. Arthur closed his eyes and seemed to be praying. The boys all jumped as one for the doorway, landing in a heap of limbs. Fleur grinned and Hermione turned Weasley red.

“For Merlin’s sake Ginny, put some clothes on!”

“There’s another image I’ll never get out of my mind.”

“Harry put that thing away!”

“Oh Ginny, you lucky girl”

“Hermione! Stop staring at me!”

Ginny reached down and grabbed the cover and pulled it back over her and Harry. “Could you all maybe give us some privacy?” She started to look for her wand. Harry tried to hide in a small ball behind her.

“Did you two have fun last night?” Molly asked with a dangerous tone to her voice.

“Molly, we talked. Don’t you go blaming them for your mistake!” Arthur gave her an upset glare. “Harry and Ginny were not in full control.” He looked back to the young couple, “That doesn’t mean that we aren’t disappointed in the two of you.”

“What do you mean, this is Molly’s fault?” Harry looked a little bewildered as he tried to avoid the glares from Ginny’s brothers.

Hermione swallowed and answered for Arthur, “Well, you see, it seems that Mrs. Weasley may have given the two of you a special potion in your drinks…”

“WHAT?”

“MUM! How could you?”

“Merlin, Ginny, I’m so sorry, I didn’t …. I mean, I wouldn’t… If I…” Harry looked to be on the verge of tears.

“Harry, luv, stop! You didn’t do anything I didn’t want you to!” Ginny took Harry’s face in her hands and gave him a quick kiss.

“Oi! Stop that! And for lights sake pull that blanket back up! I don’t want to see my sisters’ boobs!” Ron had his eyes so tightly closed it looked like he was constipated.

“Then get out of the fucking room, Ron!”

“Ginevra Molly Weasley, you watch your language!” Molly had standards.

“QUIET!” Arthur bellowed, trying to bring some calm back to the room.

“Mr. Weasley, I want to you know that I love your daughter very much. I would never do anything to hurt her, and I completely understand if you want me to leave the Burrow.” Harry was staring at the floor and looked completely miserable. Especially considering the beautiful, young, and very naked witch in his arms.

“Now, there is no need to…” Arthur was interrupted by a raging Ginny.

“Like hell you’ll kick him out! You do and you can say goodbye to me as well!”

“Nobody is kicking anybody out! While I am not a fan of what happened last night, it was not your fault. Molly gave you each a potion that lowered your inhibitions, and let you act out on your deepest romantic desires. Its upsetting, but you two really had no control over yourselves last night. I think its best if we all just move on.” Arthur, as always, the voice of calm.

Harry looked up, “But you said you were disappointed?”

“Yes, Harry. We were extremely disappointed that you two felt you could not share your relationship with the rest of the family. Surely you know that Molly and I are thrilled you two have found happiness together?”

Ginny looked at her brothers, then quirked an eyebrow at her father, “Have you met that lot? They start foaming at the mouth whenever a boy says hi to me.”

“That’s because sisters are supposed to be off limits. How could you Harry?” Ron actually looked genuinely hurt.

“I didn’t know I needed your permission to date, Ron.” Harry said, “I’m sorry, but I love Ginny, and I have for almost four years now. Don’t you know me well enough to trust me?”

“Last night not counting…” Ginny said with a wink.

“Not helping, Gin.” Harry groaned.

“Yes, well then. I hope you understand that we expect no repeats of last night then?” Molly tried to bring some dignity back to herself.

“Considering that it wasn’t our idea in the first place, and believe me, mother, you and I are going to have a very, very long talk about this later.” There were no doubts that Ginny was Molly’s daughter.

“We will leave and let the two of you get cleaned up then,” said Arthur. As the family started to leave the living room, Fleur stopped and looked back at the young couple. “I just have to ask,” she said with a rather wicked looking grin, “You did remember the contraception charm, right?”

Molly froze in place, Hermione let out a squeak, and Ginny’s face paled and her eyes went wide. Harry just looked up in confusion.

“The what charm?”

Back to index


Chapter 3: Chapter 3. Epilogue

Never let it be said that a well learned lesson doesn’t last. Molly Weasley had desperately wanted Harry and Ginny to get together, and get together they did. Her daughter married her knight in shining armor, her one true love on August 15th, 1998. 3 months to the day after the birth of her first grand baby, Lily Maria Potter. Just a little over a year to the day after that fateful party, when Molly had slipped the two teens Elixir of Fancy. Fred and George had banned molly from their store, not that it was needed. Molly had honestly believed she would just be giving the two teens a little push in the direction they needed. Never again would she try something like that, at least, not without consent. She and Arthur had found quite a bit of use for the Elixir, not that she would share that with her children.

The last year had not been the easiest. Ginny was extremely unhappy to be attending her sixth year of Hogwarts pregnant. The Daily Prophet had a field day with the unplanned pregnancy. Running stories that went from tales of true love, to attempted line theft, Harry eventually had to purchase a controlling interest in the paper before they stopped. Ginny had not been able to play quidditch and took that very personally. Poor Harry did everything in his power to help her out, but he himself was just a child. Luckily enough, as the young couple was quite magically powerful, the rest of the school learned rather quickly to leave them alone. Draco Malfoy found himself in the hospital wing for an entire week as Madam Pomfrey rebuilt his nose after one of Ginny’s Batbogey hex’s. Theo Nott made the mistake of asking Harry if the carpet matched the drapes, and found himself stuck to the ceiling of the Great Hall for several hours before Professor Flitwick figured out how to undue Harry’s overpowered sticking charm.

All was not bad, though. Harry and Ginny found themselves growing even closer, now that they were no longer hiding their relationship. While much sooner than they had planned, they could only see the coming child as the greatest of blessings. On the day of Lily’s arrival, Harry looked down on his brand new daughter, and finally knew why Dumbledore called love the most powerful force on earth.

Molly sighed as she took a sip of her drink. The wedding preparations had consumed her for almost the entire summer, but it was finally over. Harry and Ginny Potter were currently slow dancing with baby Lily held between them. Ron and Lavender were dancing next to the, as well as the surprising couple of Hermione and Neville Longbotttom. It seemed that being Head Boy and Girl for their last year at Hogwarts had brought a new dynamic to their friend ship. Luna, as usual, simply spun and twirled to a tune all her own. This may have come about sooner than she wished, but Molly could not help but be happy at this moment.

The table shifted as Charlie Weasley sat down beside her. “Well Mum, how does it feel?” He asked her.

“How does what feel, dear?” Molly questioned him.

“Having your baby girl all grown up.”

“She turned 17 four days ago and still has a year left at Hogwarts, she is hardly grown up.” Molly sniffed at her second oldest son.

Charlie snorted into his firewiskey, “and yet, there she stands, a mother and a wife. If that isn’t grown up, I don’t really know what is.”

“Well, yes, I suppose.” Molly looked at her beaming daughter, blissfully dancing with her own family. “She is really taking to this well, isn’t she?”

“What did you expect? Gin had been telling us she was gonna marry Harry Potter since she was six years old.” He took another deep drink. “Though, I’ll be honest, If I thought she was gonna do it this soon, I’d have had a few more choice words with the scrawny little git back when I met him before the World Cup.”

“Oh Charlie, that boy wasn’t even aware of her back then.”

“Yeah, its why I liked him so much.” Molly swatted him on the arm. Charlie looked at her and asked, “Do you really think she is happy?”

“Yes, son, I do.” Molly beamed at him. “They are so good together. Harry had purchased a house in Hogsmeade, and Ginny has received permission to day school for her final year. Professor Dumbledore assured her that she will still be able to play Quidditch, and Minerva has made her Captain this year, just like you.”

“Does Gin still hope to play professionally? What about Lily?”

“Harry plans to be a stay at home dad while working on his Charms Mastery. He plans on doing that as long as Gin needs, and Ron tells me that Holyhead has plans to scout her this season. She has already started training.” Molly said with not a little about of pride.

“Well, all is well that ends well, I suppose.” Charlie stood up and held is hand out to his mother. “C’mon mum, dance with me.”

Molly smiled and took his hand. “Of course, dear.”

All was well.


Authors Note:

Thank you for taking the time to read this little story of mine. I originally got the idea off of an old Reddit prompt that I found going through old posts. It took up residence in my head, and would not go away. I’ve read a lot of fan fiction, and feel I reached the point where if I”m not finding what I want to read, I need to write it. I have several stories I want to share, but right now, only ones of them is a Hinny fic. I hope to start to list that one later this summer. It will take a couple of old fanfic themes, but add what I feel and hope is a new twist on them. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this and I’ll see you all in the stories to come!

Back to index



Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.siye.co.uk/siye/viewstory.php?sid=130576