Will He Return? by annkaro



Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated in over 2 years ***

Harry has started his research on the Horcruxes along with Ron and Hermione. Ginny stayed at the Burrow but the helplessness will make her go find Harry. Harry has found the last Horcrux and the last battle with Voldemort is about to begin. Ginny's worried...will he return?
Rating: PG-13 starstarstarstarstar
Categories: Post-HBP
Characters: None
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 2006.09.30
Updated: 2007.02.07


Will He Return? by annkaro
Chapter 5: CHAPTER V: Promise
Author's Notes:

WILL HE RETURN?
CHAPTER V: Promise


Harry put his hand on my shoulder and wheeled me around, placing his hands on my face and the next thing I knew, he kissed me. He kissed me with a sudden, painful intensity. I slumped against the closed door, giving in. I shut my eyes and flung my arms around him and his tongue found its way to mine; I shifted my head deepening the kiss. He slid his hands to my lower back and pulled me closer. We were giving each other what we had longed for in the past months; everything was in that kiss; we were one; our hearts, our souls, our minds...our breath. The kiss only ended when we needed to breathe.

“I really missed you,” he said breathlessly, closing his eyes and resting his forehead on mine.

“You better!” I sneered. He frowned and moved slightly away. “I’m just kidding! I missed you too,” I said grinning. Then he leaned in and gave me a soft kiss.

“Do I really sound like that?” he asked resting his forehead on mine again.

“Like what?” I asked sliding my right hand to stroke his unruly hair.

Hello Ginny! It’s wonderful to see you again! I really missed you,” he said; I closed my eyes and snorted.

“No, you sound a lot better,” I whispered. He held me in a tight hug, resting his chin on my head.

I leaned on his shoulder tightening the embrace even more; I wouldn’t let him go, not this time. I felt so happy; Harry was there and most importantly, he was with me.

“I love you, Harry,” I said. Before I knew it, before I could stop it, I started to cry.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” he asked stroking my hair.

“Nothing...it’s just...I’m happy you’re here with me,” I mumbled weeping. He kissed the top of my head.

“I’m happy you’re here, too,” He replied rocking me.

“Harry,” I sniffed, “don’t go...please, don’t go.”

“Hey, I’m right here,” he said stepping away and gently lifting my face. “I’m not going anywhere, ok?” he said soothingly. “I’m here for you...I’d wish I could have been there for you before,” he said tucking my hair behind my ear and wiping away my tears.

“You were,” I said griping his hand. “You always have been there for me...and you will be there for me, won’t you? Please don’t go!” I begged.

He frowned trying to figure out what I really meant; then he gathered me into his arms.

“Ginny, if you’re talking about the war, you know I have to...”

“I know!” I said raising my voice. “I know,” I repeated more calmly. “I’m not talking about that, I know you have to do it...It’s just that...I couldn’t s-stand...if you...if y-you...d-died,” I stuttered shivering. “Please don’t go!” I begged in vain.

“Ginny,” he said as he caressed my face, “everything will be fine.” He kissed my forehead. “I’ll be right here...come what may,” he said pulling me into another hug.

“Harry, promise me that you’ll return,” I whispered with a sniff. “Promise me that you will find him and defeat him and that you will return to me.”

He didn’t answer right away; maybe he didn’t know how to respond. Instead of saying anything, he kissed the top of my head and rocked me softly. I stepped away.

“Harry, please,” I begged, “promise me you will come back.” He looked at me expressionless for a second and then he smiled.

“Of course I will,” he said bending to rest his forehead on mine. “I will come back...I promise” he whispered as he interlaced his fingers with mine. “You can’t get rid of me that easy,” he said grinning. I laughed lowering my head.

“Harry,” I whispered, “you love me, don’t you?” I wasn’t sure why but at that moment I needed to hear him say that he loved me; he’d never actually said it to me before. He stared at me for a long time and suddenly I knew without a doubt that he did indeed love me. I saw it in his eyes, but still he didn’t say it. instead he leaned in and kissed me fiercely.

“Harry,” I breathed, “Please...I need to hear....do you love me?” I asked again. I needed to hear him say it.

“I...I lov--I do,” he stuttered and sighed. “I know that wasn’t very convincing it’s just...it’s just hard to say it...but I do feel it...”

“Then say it, Harry. I need to hear it.” He took a long breath and smiled.

“I do, Ginny, I love you,” he said sincerely. “I love you, Gin.” I smiled.

“I love you, Harry,” I said beaming with watery eyes.

“I love you,” he said bending to give me a playful kiss. “I love you.” He kissing the tip of my nose. “I love you.” he kissed my forehead. “I love you.” He kissed each of my cheeks. “I love you.” He kissed my jaw. “I love you.” he kissed my neck and his kisses became less playful and more passionate; I moaned with pleasure.

“Harry,” I muttered closing my eyes, “we can’t...we shouldn’t...”

“We shouldn’t what?” he said grinning as he kissed me softly on the lips. He let go of my right hand and took his wand from his pocket as I slid my free hand up his back. He muttered the charm to lock the door without removing his mouth from mine. I felt him reach around and replace his wand in his pocket; then he slid his hands around my waist and pulled me backwards as he walked towards the bed. I didn’t hesitate, and willingly followed. He stopped by the side of the bed, removing his coat, still not breaking the kiss. He reached for my coat and started to unbutton it; I helped him pull it off my shoulders and throw it to the ground. We sat down on the bed and kissed longer, more intensely, the passion building. I followed as he leaned down, his head resting on the pillows and then he shifted and suddenly he was on top of me.

What happened next? Did we rush into it? Was it bad timing? Maybe, but I don’t regret it. It felt so natural; neither of us felt as though we were doing anything wrong and it was the most beautiful moment of my life...


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.siye.co.uk/siye/viewstory.php?sid=12130